Tracer Missile truth!

ihateyouall

I am not a trooper or merc, and I will say anyone relying on tracer missiles to hurt people is an easy kill. Seriously, if you are dying to tracer missile spam, the problem isn't tracer missiles, the problem is you in that equation.

Gotta love these answers - cause obviously you can stick to the BH shooting in the back lines long enough to kill him, without his team noticing and ripping you a new one.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe if you are ungeared it will hit for only 1k PER TICK. Sorcs obliterate me with it all day long (and btw Im Bodyguard not Merc, so I dont even have tracer). And they have the shield on top of it absorbing the 2.5k crit of tracer, 2 or 3 of them. Force Lightning also provides a slow, making it take longer to LoS or get out of range, which in turn gives the FL more ticks turning that 1k per tick into a 3k damage ability, if the sorc is ungeared. And btw, Tracer doesnt tick, its a casted ability not a channeled ability, you are thinking of Unload.

I am not sure if you are just misinformed or lying to make people look away but here are a few facts for you:

A scor that hits a boutyhunter in heavy armor for 1K per tick has to:

a) Be geared at least in full champion gear.

b) Use an adrenals

c) Use the biochem buff

d) Use a Crit relic

c) Crit

I wear 5 pieces of battlemaster, rest champion gear so I am in no way undergeared. I do Crit on heavy armor classes like bounty hunters for slighty over 1K of damage (if they do not use defensive CDs) with my chain lightning if I use all of the above buffs.

A bounty hunter that uses the same buffs hits me for ~2500 non crit 4000+ crit on tracer missle. So in the spam of 3 seconds assuming a crit rate of 50% (which is posssible with those buffs) I will hit a BH of ~3200 while he hits me for about 6500 .... and this is the reason why sorcerors have the shield (that absorbs 3 to 3,5k depending on spec and not as you said 2 to 3 crits of 2500).

If you try to make a point at least use real numbers.

Back to the topic:

I do not think that tracer missle can be nerfed in any way without either destroying the spec or reworking it completely. I do in fact think that the damage is a little high for a simple rotation of 3 or 4 abilities but it might be the edditing of vids like this:

that make me come to this conclusion.

Edited by Telurian

Tracer/grav spam is basically 80% of playing that spec, and it's really op in the leveling bracket (or against naked people), but at 50 with gear against people with gear it isn't that effective cause you don't kill people in 3 globals anymore and as soon as you have someone sitting on you interrupting literally one out of two casts you're basically done playing, and that's not because you're bad but because you don't have any other viable option.

If they were to be changed, it would be because they're a very limited class that gets countered by a single interrupter, not because they're op.

I was the obvious 31 gunnery 10 assault spec at first and it was fine, but as soon as people started getting champ+ gear it became worse than awful because other classes actually scaled in insane ways with gear (especially marauders and assassins) while my grav and demo were always doing the same damage, so i changed to a hybrid spec that is 1000 times more useful and effective.

No one in his right mind would play 31 gunnery atm, and if you're losing by someone who is, then you're bad, not him. Unless you're naked, then you're excused, but you shouldn't be whining then.

the class and ability are such a joke I`ve actually seen in lower bracket WZs people with Tracer-Missle or, troll like names who literally just spam Tracers on people, and they have their knock back and a low level as well. It`s funny that everyone knows how much of a joke the class and ability is, sadly it`s not the players fault but the design of it.

personally, it should be given a CD, and other abilities brought up to give in an actual rotation, 1 Tracer applies the debuff casting it multiple times gives, but at a reduced amount of armor pen.

put tracer on a 5 second cooldown, problem solved.

good bh's say tracer round is only used as part of a rotation so a short cooldown won't won't bother them

bad bh's say tracer rounds aren't op so it won't bother them either.

win win

5 second cooldown and 40 heat to cast it problem solved

undergeared BH's do around 2.8k with tracer

champion geared bh's do around 3k to 5k tracer spams

so you can pretty much 3 shot people with it :)

Edited by JediDuckling

So every mercenary/commando on these forums swears on his mothers grave that Tracer Missile and Grey Rounds is not OP.

They say people who spam that ability are "bad. Good mercenaries don't do that."

Well, guess what. From what I've seen, there's a lot of "bad mercenaries / commando's" in this game, because I see these classes do it all the time. I always watch their abilities, and it's usually the same deal. Tracer missile, Tracer mis (interrupted) ... pause ... unload! ... tracer missile, tracer missile (than they usually end up dead or switch targets to do more tracer missile.)

So, my point is, maybe people who spam tracer missile are just bad. But that doesn't mean it doesn't happen all the time. And it doesn't mean it isn't completely silly. There's no other class in the game that has an ability like this. If I sat there casting snipe over and over, I wouldn't do half the damage of tracer missile.

Not to mention the animation and sound of the ability is super annoying, and just adds to the goofyness of the whole thing.

Problem is besides TRACER MISSILE and UNLOAD all of the other BH skills are instant. ITs the most easiest damage rotation in the game, but the one that scales the best.

Pathetic game design.

Its was the same issue with operatives and their melee attack that was spammable ( cant remember name) before the OP nerf i was in a WZ and i had an operative do nothing but spamm that melee attack on me, so its a bit of both, yes it is overpowered but also its ****tards how dont know how to play their class properly and can only use one skill which just happens to be the most powerful and spammable in their arsenal.

tracer and grav spam are fine, their nemesis is interrupt and they lack that ability altogether which is actually a huge deal in competitive pvp.

The problem I see is some of the interrupts range and duration, you can spec some of them down in terms or CD or increase duration but the investment is build specific.

Personally I wouldnt mind seeing either half a second added to the tracer/grav activation or better yet 2 seconds tacked onto the interrupts

Can you please change your signature to "Ignore my I am a troll!"? ... honestly every post I read from you is either trolling or posting false facts (some would say lying).

im commando and i HATE spamming the same skill over and over so i agree on changing the mechanic of gunnery tree its BORING.But dont blame us its the only way to play that tree at the moment so blame bioware instead,spam tracer/grav its not optional its actually mandatory.

Agree, playing a merc at the moment. I love them in PvE and gives you that awesome feeling you're actually blowing stuff up with your flames, missiles and guns, but in PvP I feel like I could just as well sell my pistols to fund my missile construction factory inside my arms better.

Nice trolling, with full rakata pots + stims + 600 expertise i max crit around 5.4k and that happens around once per game to green geared people if im lucky and i never seen or was able to 3 shot people, sure i can kill with 3 tracer + heatseeker + railshot with full pots + lucky crits or there is undergeared people who i am attacking to other people who got also around 600 exp i crit with full pots around 4k or so. Anyways i dont mind if the tree gets reworked because actually its kinda boring to stack up tracer missile debuff, but im also bored of reading these stupid topics made by kiddos who are just bad in pvp and dont know how to interrupt or LOS. Anyways when ranked teams comes out and there will be hopefully people who actually got brains after that arsenal mercs will become totally useless so maybe i just should reroll to my marauder when ranked teams comes up. Arsenal merc = noob stomper, enough said.

Edited by Horatsu

tracer missile and grav round spam crap needs a nerf no joke no trolling just common sense. id sujest the people that designed the tree's for those abilitys get some also :)

Aww, my sweet little Duckling, I am sorry but assault is just as dangerous, it just has less painful sound effects and the person using it does not need to stand still (as much) so it appears they are doing nothing.

I haven't been using grav for a few days now, and unless I get caught out in the open by a tracer missile user that has chosen themselves a good position they don't worry me at all. I think that comes from knowing how easy LoSing them is, even behind small objects. When I can turn 3 of their channel's into 0 damage while I have dropped 6k+ of damage on them I have nothing to fear, it's when I see the 3rd missile hit me and I've still not got cover I know what's comming next (pain, lots of pain).

Operatives are OP.

Get Grav Rounded/Tracer'd for 6k from range.

Operatives are OP.

Get spam slowed/damaged by Pebbles and Lightening to death from range.

Operatives are OP.

Get Smashed by Juggernauts/Marauders for 9-10k.

Operatives are OP.

Operatives are OP.

Operatives are OP.

Someone is going down next, and I can't wait.

This isn't even wishful thinking, Bioware has already shown that they cave to forum whining. Expect a nerf to either Sorcs/Sages or Commando/BHs next, people don't complain much about Marauders/Sents or Juggernauts/Knights yet since there aren't many good ones.

Edited by Bulivyf

The problem is that the design of the whole tree is based on grav round spamming. You specc into grav round to take gravity surge, which adds two gravity vortex per grav round hit and then you specc into charged barrel to increase the bonus damage of high impact bolt up to 30%. Further more for each vortex on the target demolition round bonus damage is increased (stacks up to 25% more damage)

The suggestion is this: Charged barrel should be benefited by charged bolts. Charged bolts should be instant cast to encourage people to use it.

Grav round damage should be lowered by 10% and it will stack armor debuff. The cast time should be raised by .25 sec. Even with alacrity it propably reduced to 1.3 cast time.

Demo round damage bonus can get to 25% more if there are 5 stacks of vortexes and 5 stacks of charged barrels. ( 1 stack= 2.5% more damage)

And before start to complain:

Grav round = tech damage

Charged bolts = weapon damage.

Trust me a lot of people will specc into charged bolts mobility gunnery specc rather than grav round static specc.

Please discuss.

Edited by Keinhoran

Operatives are OP.

Get Grav Rounded/Tracer'd for 6k from range.

Operatives are OP.

Get spam slowed/damaged by Pebbles and Lightening to death from range.

Operatives are OP.

Get Smashed by Juggernauts/Marauders for 9-10k.

Operatives are OP.

Operatives are OP.

Operatives are OP.

Someone is going down next, and I can't wait.

This isn't even wishful thinking, Bioware has already shown that they cave to forum whining. Expect a nerf to either Sorcs/Sages or Commando/BHs next, people don't complain much about Marauders/Sents or Juggernauts/Knights yet since there aren't many good ones.

It's likely to be Grav Round/Tracer Missile.

I don't think it is needed but I am looking forward to the "They stick 18 second dot's on all of us so we can't cap/plant" QQ

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining about Grav/Tracer I don't think it's OP at all. I also think Ops needed a nerf and I have a 50 Op/50 Sniper atm. I just hate how people complaining on the forums actually does make a huge difference and I feel bad knowing that Arsenal Mercs are going to lose PvE viability because they're going to be nerfed.

And yeah, my buddy plays a DoT specc'd BH occasionally in WZs and it's amazing.

Edited by Bulivyf

And yeah, my buddy plays a DoT specc'd BH occasionally in WZs and it's amazing.

It's a bit more random. I think of it this way:

With a Grav Round you are hitting someone with an axe and setting up for the coup de grace, it's like "Chop--Chop-Chop-Timber"

If you are Assault due to procs it's like you're standing there with a less than well maintained chainsaw tugging the start up cord

"Rhmm-rhmm-*starts*- Buahaha-blood & fire everywhere! muhahahaha!" or

"Rhmmm-Rhmmm-rhmmm- awww dammit". .

Edited by Gwal

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.