Tracer Missile truth!

ihateyouall

So every mercenary/commando on these forums swears on his mothers grave that Tracer Missile and Grey Rounds is not OP.

They say people who spam that ability are "bad. Good mercenaries don't do that."

Well, guess what. From what I've seen, there's a lot of "bad mercenaries / commando's" in this game, because I see these classes do it all the time. I always watch their abilities, and it's usually the same deal. Tracer missile, Tracer mis (interrupted) ... pause ... unload! ... tracer missile, tracer missile (than they usually end up dead or switch targets to do more tracer missile.)

So, my point is, maybe people who spam tracer missile are just bad. But that doesn't mean it doesn't happen all the time. And it doesn't mean it isn't completely silly. There's no other class in the game that has an ability like this. If I sat there casting snipe over and over, I wouldn't do half the damage of tracer missile.

Not to mention the animation and sound of the ability is super annoying, and just adds to the goofyness of the whole thing.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

put tracer on a 5 second cooldown, problem solved.

good bh's say tracer round is only used as part of a rotation so a short cooldown won't won't bother them

bad bh's say tracer rounds aren't op so it won't bother them either.

win win

I like when you interrupt Tracer Missile/Grav Round and the person just stands still not using any skills.

lol yeah, they seriously have no what to do when their only button on their hotbar is greyed out

Edited by Evuke

good bh's say tracer round is only used as part of a rotation so a short cooldown won't won't bother them

win win

I'm cool with this...make the CD of HS 5 seconds too, make TM proc Unload 100% and remove the CD from Unload and we should be golden...

You realize, besides for Powershot (really not used by Arsenal Spec for obvious reasons), the only spammable ability is Rapid Shots (autoattack) while everything else has at the very least a 15 sec CD?

Edited by Rasstavad

How the tracer missile spammer was born

1: 1 point into tracer Missile: "reduces armor by 4% for 15s, stacks up to 5 times!""Might as well shoot it 5x then right?"

2. Spam spam spam, wow that last one just hit for 2.5k another for 2.3k! (target dies) Oh look my heat lvls are still low! More tracer missile!!!

3. 2 points into Power barrier: Tracer Missile 100% chance to generate a Power barrier reduces dmg up to 2% for 15s....guess what...stacks 5x!!... More Tracer Missile!!

4. 1 point into Lightem up and Tracer lock: Tracer Missile adds heat signature...tracer missile grants target lock: grants 6% increased dmg to next Rail shot, and low and behold...stacks 5x!!!...tracer mayhem!!!

This is how it went in my head atleast lol. And i love it when i see tracer missiles vs tracer missile. lol cracks me up

win win

No, good BH's say that they just need 3 tracers to get the +5 so they can nuke. That's why people think that every BH are tracer spammers.

The real problem is that the entire arsenal spec need those tracer missile stacking. So a COOLDOWN on tracer would definitely DESTROY the spec. (I know that many of you just want to destroy every class but yours but that's not the point in balancing things)

If and only if BH/commandos would need a nerf it would be definitely an exchange of tracer damage for some other kind of dps tool for arsenal spec.

On the other hand its funny how people cry about BHs when they're so easily countered; stuns, INTERRUPTS or knockbacks definitely screw tracer spamming.

I believe that in most cases, people just need to learn how to pvp.

Edited by Mizhas

Personally I think Force Lightning spam is worse. I love how people have a problem with Tracer but don't have a problem with Force Lightning. OP must play a Sorc eh?

Force Lightning does good damage, and slows you, and it is spammable if you are Madness OR hybrid madness/lightning.

Its definately a L2P issue. Stop all this crying and learn to play your class. And yes, the sage/sorc is worse... but do you guys see what happened when people started crying about the sage/sorc? Everyone that rolled sage/sorc started yelling "no no no look at the merc/commando, he only pushed 1 button!!!" Edited by dirtyboxer

I don't see the issue. Just use your interrupt. My mara has a 6sec cd 4sec lockout. between the cast time and human reaction it essentially stops players using grav round at all.

how does a 4 second interupt on a 16 second cooldown stop anything?

Edited by Evuke

4 second interrupt on a 6 second CD. Personally I have a 4 sec int on an 8 second CD and this varies between classes apparently (Which it shouldnt at all imo).

Your idea of an increased CD is a legit one, however 5 seconds is a bit too much.

A 2.5 second CD on TM would be a bit more realistic.

on equally or better geared players with 400~ expertise my grav hits for 900(tanks) to 1400(sorc). crits between 1600-2500.

of course on fresh 50's it does about 1600 with 3000 crits, but that is expected.

i don't see how that is op when you can interrupt it or just los.

if you're seeing higher than that they are seriously geared(full champ or BM) with some pve gear(better than pvp gear for some reason).

Edited by zeroburrito

on equally or better geared players with 400~ expertise my grav hits for 900(tanks) to 1400(sorc). crits between 1600-2500.

of course on fresh 50's it does about 1600 with 3000 crits, but that is expected.

i don't see how that is op when you can interrupt it or just los.

I'll be honest and say that, if it was a skill that wasnt able to crit, it would be 100% fine. With PvE armor piece bonuses and a few other things you can get ridiculously high crit chance with it however.

Its not a massively unbalanced skill, but it does need tweaking.

Blame Bioware. In the mercenary talent tree you get a 10% defensive buff for tracer missile. 2% per tracer missile which stacks 5 times. So everyone rushes to get off 5 tracer missiles straight away.

Just like there are to many stuns in the game. Everyone needs at least an 18 second immunity from the last stun.

BIOWARE designers made garbage. The people who wrote the code are probably pretty descent. They don't have a say when someone messes up a game.

Edited by Chiricahua

6, not 16.

Personally I have a 4 sec int on an 8 second CD and this varies between classes apparently (Which it shouldnt at all imo).

Mines 8 by default. I specced into it.

Blame Bioware. In the mercenary talent tree you get a 10% defensive buff for tracer missile. 2% per tracer missile which stacks 5 times. So everyone rushes to get off 5 tracer missiles straight away.

Just like there are to many stuns in the game. Everyone needs at least an 18 second immunity from the last stun.

BIOWARE designers made garbage. The people who wrote the code are probably pretty descent. They don't have a say when someone messes up a game.

18 second immunity is a bit long, in terms of battle time....BUT diminishing returns/ immunity are needed. The chain/lock downs are very demoralizing...I hope this will be a priority and fixed soon.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.