** Definitive PvP Bug List **

Zaodon

I will maintain this thread as the definitive PvP Bug list.

See also: Definitive PVP Design Flaw List

==================================================

Any Warzone

- Winning the warzone does not count towards your Daily PvP Mission goal (intermittant bug, Imp + Rep) (possibly fixed in 1.1.3, needs confirmation)

- Players can get locked in combat longer than intended

- Targeting by mouse clicking is very non-responsive

- Targeting by Tab key is very random/buggy

- "Deserter" counter begins when you're still on the loading screen

- more than 8 people can be added to the warzone, triggering "Shutdown" warning

- Warzones can start 5v8, 6v8 or 7v8

- Teams which are formed before joining a warzone are not maintained after the warzone ends

- you do not get to vote for MVP unless you were present before the start of the match

- Resolve seems buggy (doesn't always prevent additional CC)

- random crash to character select after warzone completion (may/may not be related to the auto-requeue checkbox)

- players randomly do not appear in the party frame (you have 8 people, but only 7 or 6 appear in the party list)

- being CC'd as you die can intermittently cause you to appear dead in the re-spawn area, which means the deserter debuff will kick you out since you can't leave the area

- After a warzone ends, intermittently the scoreboard shows only a partial list of players, with the value "0" for every stat

Huttball

- When joining a game in progress, if you miss the first gateway, you will be kicked out due to inactivity before the next one opens

- Player can be untargettable by standing in a certain location

Voidstar

- When joining a new game late as defense first, the long flight travel time will cause you to miss the first barrier, locking you in the respawn room until it opens again

Civil War

- East (Imperial-controlled) guns begin registering attacks earlier than middle and West (Republic-controlled) guns

- Players can stand in spots which make them untargetable by attacks (Imp + Rep)

Classes

- Not all class skills are mirrored properly. Example: Dirty Kick roots player, Debilitate does not.

Bolded issues are not an issue anymore, confirmed by myself. things like the turret firing early in civil war was in the patch notes for 1.1.3, and it is indeed fixed.

Also, SOMETHING about Ilum should be on this list. at least just the planet name, that's about how broad an issue it is.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Civil War

- East (Imperial-controlled) guns begin registering attacks earlier than middle and West (Republic-controlled) guns

- Players can stand in spots which make them untargetable by attacks (Imp + Rep)

Classes

- Not all class skills are mirrored properly. Example: Dirty Kick roots player, Debilitate does not.

ROFLMAO I don't have any more doubts that Empire isn't favored as per game design. It's now blatant to me. Too many coincidences.

• 3 weeks later...

This seems to be class specific, but the bug made famous in Voidstar where a SW/JK would Force Charge/Leap near a bridge and then either fall continuously through the floor or be stuck out in space has made it's way to Huttball. It's been happening near the health spawn locations near each side's goal.

Granted, it happens way less then when it was prevalent in Voidstar, but it's still around.

Using /stuck, kills you and gives you the respawn option but you are respawned back into space limbo, so that's not a workaround.

You can hang around for the WZ to finish and still receive Valor and medals although I do not, but I leave that up to the individual as it just hampers your team overall and depending on when it happens,you could be waiting a long while.

Edited by Temeluchus

last night got permanently CC'ed by a Jedi Knight *unsure if was sentinel or guardian*

by this, i mean permanent... after being stood there for 45 seconds watching my healer friend run around as i counted the seconds on vent of how long the 'cc' was i used /stuck to kill myself

at which point i rezzed in spawn on civil war, still "stuck" in the CC and was booted out of warzone for being a "deserter"

its only happened twice and no idea why it happened, i did /bug it but thought it should be mentioned if for no other reason than for it to be made aware of

When you are capturing a turret in Civil War or planting a bomb in Voidstar, if someone kills you, you can't release until the capturing cast bar is finished. I'm pretty sure this isn't supposed to happen.

This doesn't happen a lot because the cast bar stops on damage usually. However, if the attak kills you while you're casting, you can't release until the bar finishes charging. It's pretty annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

Civil War

- East turret fires twice as fast when owned by Imperials (not fixed in 1.1.4 as advertised)

I think this is working now.

Before 1.1.4 i had this problem too on my server. I took west 2 seconds before they take west, but we where 5 points behind.

But now it works on my server.

Having issues in Civil War where sometimes the speeder is not showing up after I die then I get ported out of the warzone for afk behaviour. Ctrl u twice sometimes fixes it but not always.

Before I got a computer with a decent graphics card, missing or unresponsive speeders used to happen to me all the time in ACW. I'd frantically type out a message to ops 'cause I don't want a rep as a quitter. But this still happens -- a teammate was complaining about this a week or so ago.

Didn't know about ctrl-U, so I can't say whether or not that would be effective.

Hasn't happened since a got a gaming system with an AMD Raytheon graphics card.

I am not sure if it's a "Bug" but the lack of the camera view stick, is the most annoying part of the game, it's as bad as tab targeting. I spend the entire huttball match scrolling out.

The penalty for quitting WarZones is still not in game yet.

The gaming engine also seems overly sensitive to players that lag.

I've seen folks who are clearly lagging behind the rest of us (jittery movement followed by rapid "warp" 50m away) appear to be completely untouchable.

It should be the other way around. If you lag, you drag.

Derpball Air Vents causing me to float when i land and it looks like im riding an invisible witch's broom and every move i cast says cannot do that while moving....wtb fix..assassins popping sprint on the last fire pit from the 3rd tier and glitching so u can't hit them...

• 2 months later...
Voidstar: In the first room. The Attacking team will sometimes spawn in the second room (The bridge med center) after the defenders defuse a bomb. bringing the game to an end. The attackers can still arm the bomb on the first door, and the defenders can still defuse it, but the attackers cannot progress. This leaves the clock to run out and all the team that was defending has to do is pop one door and its over.

Hutt Ball:

1. Sometimes, right after you score, picking up the ball in the middle and passing it to the person that scored, will automatically score for your team.

2. If the ball carrier is about to die and he passes the ball at that exact moment, the beam that's over the ball carrier, completely disappears and any indication of the ball is completely lost. Of course, 2-3 sec later, the intended recipient of the ball will actually get it and most of the time, score. I've seen this numerous times when people are fighting in the pit and the ball carrier is passing at the time of death.

3. Being grappled or pushed to the side ramps of the center of the Hutt Ball arena, will occasionally get you stuck in the geometry of the ramp. The side ramps I'm referring to are the ones directly in front of the Red Damage Buffs.

Alderaan Civil War:

1. Being Grappled by a Vanguard to the ramps at the Central Turret, will get you stuck in the geometry of the ramp. I've had this happen to me twice now as the Vanguard is walking up the ramp towards the Damage Buff and uses grapple.. Instead of going up to him, I'm pulled directly into the ramp and can't get out.

All Warzones:

1. The permanent stun bug is still present in the game.. Just yesterday I was stunned by an operative right after we took the first door in Voidstar... My character was stuck in one spot, shaking as he was hit by the CC the whole time and after the second round started, I was booted for inactivity and /stuck wouldn't do anything for me since I was out of combat.

Sound - I know this isn't necessarily PVP specific but it seems especially bad in Warzones. Considering how important sound is for competitive play..it's worth adding this to the list. Plus, considering how long this issue has been going on without resolution..BW apparently needs any and all motivation to get this fixed.

Ops channel - randomly not able to talk in /ops channel. This used to just happen periodically but seems to be getting worse. I continuously see people talking in /1 general stating they can't talk in /ops. Kind of ruins the whole team communication thing if you have to talk in general.

You: 2 left rest mid!

Enemy: Thx info!