** Definitive PvP Bug List **

Zaodon

Another bug for the list: After a warzone ends, sometimes the scoreboard would only show a partial list of participants, with the value "0" for every column (except the player name column) and row. When this happens, you cannot vote MVP. This can be fixed by resetting the UI (Ctrl+U twice). I've had instances where it only showed three or four people, who were all on my team, in the Rep + Imp tab.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good list.

Question about the bug/exploit where it's possible to have more than 8 players join a game... When the game gets aborted that way due to team imbalance, does one side end up with a win? Or do both teams get an automatic loss? I've had the other team do that a couple of times, and every time my team ended with a loss. If one of the teams gets a win, then people are benefiting from this bug, so it should be called an exploit. In which case, players who participated in this exploit should be penalized.

Yes.

In Huttball, if the game ends prematurely, the team holding the ball wins if nobody scored or if the score is tied.

In Alderaan, the match is decided by whose ship has taken the least damage.

In Voidstar, the match victor is still up to some debate. If the game ends before a complete round is done, some claim it automatically goes to the defender. But this is not always the case. If the attackers have taken even one door they tend to get the victory.

As to who wins if neither team takes the first door ... I believe it is the original attackers. Because who ever attacks in round two has to beat the original team's performance. Failing to take even the first door is equivalent to admitting you couldn't pull that off.

But I admit in the few rounds I have played where neither team took even the first door, the server takes more than a few moments to declare a victor. This leaves me to believe that other factors come into play in the ultimate calculation for the winner. Sadly, Bioware has yet to release all the ground rules for this particular warzone. That is likely due to avoid exploitation by a group of very creative players.

Teams which are formed before joining a warzone are not maintained after the warzone ends

The really need to fix this.

Not all class skills are mirrored properly. Example: Dirty Kick roots player, Debilitate does not.

Yea, debilitate is pretty useless right now.

Force stasis sometimes doesn't work on a not-protected-by-resolve player.

The channel animation and bar are going, damage is being done but the target is moving freely while still having the "Force stasis" effect texture.

I will maintain this thread as the definitive PvP Bug list.

Someone may say there is already such a thread, but its not, its full of QQ stuff and game design whines, not actual bugs.

===================================================

Any Warzone

- Winning the warzone does not count towards your Daily PvP Mission goal (intermittant bug, Imp + Rep) (not fixed in 1.1.2)

Was fixed. If you think it wasn't bring proof.

- Players can get locked in combat longer than intended

No? Bring proof

- Targeting by mouse clicking is very non-responsive

No, it's not.

- Targeting by Tab key is very random/buggy

No, it's not.

- "Deserter" counter begins when you're still on the loading screen

No, it does not.

- more than 8 people can be added to the warzone, triggering "Shutdown" warning

Yes, this is a bug.

- Warzones can start 5v8, 6v8 or 7v8

Not a bug, I'm starting to doubt that you know what a bug means. Ever played any other game, ever? The warzones only needs 6 players per team to get created. So if one team has 8 and one team has 6 and it goes 2mins without anybody joining, you get to play 6v8. If you don't want this to happen at all, don't queue 05:00 on a low-pop server.

- Teams which are formed before joining a warzone are not maintained after the warzone ends

This is a minor bug.

- you do not get to vote for MVP unless you were present before the start of the match

Don't know, never heard of. Bring proof.

- Resolve seems buggy (doesn't always prevent additional CC)

Not buggy at all. Once the resolve bar is full, you become immune to all CC. If you were stunned before it got full tho, the current stun/CC lasts until the CC is over. As intended.

- random crash to character select after warzone completion (may/may not be related to the auto-requeue checkbox)

Never had this happen to me. Perhaps you need a better computer?

- players randomly do not appear in the party frame (you have 8 people, but only 7 or 6 appear in the party list)

Never had this happen to me. Bring proof.

- being CC'd as you die can intermittently cause you to appear dead in the re-spawn area, which means the deserter debuff will kick you out since you can't leave the area

- After a warzone ends, intermittently the scoreboard shows only a partial list of players, with the value "0" for every stat

This is a minor bug.

Huttball

- When joining a game in progress, if you miss the first gateway, you will be kicked out due to inactivity before the next one opens

Press run/walk (default /) because you have walk on if this happens to you. You get 1 full minute to get out of the starting area, the spawning force field lasts for 15 seconds. If the force field shuts you off just as you're about to get past it, you still had 45 seconds to get there. You're just really slow. This is not a bug, it's on your part. Saying this is a bug is like me saying "I die all the time and I never kill anybody. Fix this bug plz". You're bad- fact.

- Player can be untargettable by standing in a certain location

Bug fixed. Naming bugs from the past seems really werid, how is it relevant at all?

Voidstar

- ability to be untargettable while planting/disarming bomb (Imp + Rep)

Never heard of it, bring proof.

- When joining a new game as defense first, the long flight travel time will cause you to miss the first barrier, locking you in the respawn room until it opens again

What? It will not cause you to miss the barrier. Once again, this is just another case of you personally, being bad and slow.

Civil War

- Imperial-controlled guns begin registering attacks on Republic Ship earlier than Republic-controlled guns

No, they don't. It's the gun-battery on the western side that starts earlier. Both republics and imperials can go for any battery. Is this a bug? No. Is it stupid? Yes. Another case of you not knowing what the word "bug" means.

- Players can stand in spots which make them untargetable by attacks (Imp + Rep)

Yes. This is a bug, but to fix it for you; you can get untargetable by ranged attacks if you stand on a certain spot and it only works on the first door. This is the only really critical bug on your list, lol.

Classes

- Not all class skills are mirrored properly. Example: Dirty Kick roots player, Debilitate does not.

This is not a bug.

Special Ilum Issue (I will not cover all Ilum issues, just ones I feel are special)

- Patch 1.1.2 broke the daily/weekly quests, as legitimate players are not getting any credit for VALID kills.

Never happened to me, bring proof.

Edited by xHPx

No? Bring proof

No, it's not.

No, it's not.

No, it does not.

Yes, this is a bug.

Not a bug, I'm starting to doubt that you know what a bug means. Ever played any other game, ever? The warzones only needs 6 players per team to get created. So if one team has 8 and one team has 6 and it goes 2mins without anybody joining, you get to play 6v8. If you don't want this to happen at all, don't queue 05:00 on a low-pop server.

This is a minor bug.

Not buggy at all. Once the resolve bar is full, you become immune to all CC. If you were stunned before it got full tho, the current stun/CC lasts until the CC is over. As intended.

This is a minor bug.

Press run/walk (default /) because you have walk on if this happens to you. You get 1 full minute to get out of the starting area, the spawning force field lasts for 15 seconds. If the force field shuts you off just as you're about to get past it, you still had 45 seconds to get there. You're just really slow. This is not a bug, it's on your part. Saying this is a bug is like me saying "I die all the time and I never kill anybody. Fix this bug plz". You're bad- fact.

Bug fixed. Naming bugs from the past seems really werid, how is it relevant at all?

What? It will not cause you to miss the barrier. Once again, this is just another case of you personally, being bad and slow.

No, they don't. It's the gun-battery on the western side that starts earlier. Both republics and imperials can go for any battery. Is this a bug? No. Is it stupid? Yes. Another case of you not knowing what the word "bug" means.

Yes. This is a bug, but to fix it for you; you can get untargetable by ranged attacks if you stand on a certain spot and it only works on the first door. This is the only really critical bug on your list, lol.

This is not a bug.

apparently you've played like 5 warzone matches in your entire life..

i already experienced nearly 80% of the problems listed..

Good compilation btw

Having issues in Civil War where sometimes the speeder is not showing up after I die then I get ported out of the warzone for afk behaviour. Ctrl u twice sometimes fixes it but not always. It's very annoying as my load screen already means I get ported out of any Huttball match I join that has already started, I do not want to earn a false rep as one of these lamers that leaves a fight if we're not winning.

glad someone else mentioned this. This is the worst bug of all, because you receive no valor, credits, or commendations. At least the other bugs do not account for 60% - 70% of pvp, This bug is extremely annoying.

No? Bring proof

No, it's not.

No, it's not.

No, it does not.

Yes, this is a bug.

This is a minor bug.

This is a minor bug.

This is not a bug.

Why would someone bother posting this ermm... SH**

"bing proof" rofl

On topic now:

Ive experienced a bug where in Hutball i get trapped inside one of the walls and can atack anyone in range and heal, but cannot get out even with /stuck. Its in one of the central sides near the air spray. I think i got in there by getting bumped while healing in the little covered place surrounded by columns.

Good post hope it helps them fix stuff.

PTR's 1.1.4 should correct two of these numerous bugs . I would add a bug where sometimes , when a turret in civil war is being taken , we don't see the light beam above the imp/repu's head because he is out of los ( or use some exploit ? )

Marauder PVP Bugs:

- Force Charge sometimes sends you into outer space (under the world?)

- Marauder Ravage goes off but does not apply damage to target and locks you in animation

- Force Camo during other combat animations keeps you "semi" invisible (show sabers and glowing eyes plus cc effects).

- Force Charge a player being pulled or doing a force charge themselves leaves you far from target.

- Force Charge is described as: "Jumps to a distant target, dealing high damage with the main-hand weapon, immoblizing the target for 2 seconds and interrupting the target's current action. Builds 3 rage. Cannot be used against targets in cover. " But the target is rarely if ever immobilized for 2 seconds.