world first 10k crit?

CharlesConover

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pre 1.1 I hit that hard but it took quite a bit of ramp up time and the correct conditions. It also took pure crit surge gear which gimps my defensive capabilities significantly.

Numbers like that are no longer possible in warzones and even when they were it was not consistent. Operatives/Scoundrels are getting nerfed for the consistent out of stealth opener and damage. No ramp up time, just instant bang stun and damage.

Edited by Xandarous

After further evaluation, i retract. it looks genuine... just stim stacking.

Yes, it is. I have little doubt.

Wait...you can't retract after I agree :p

I think it is a photoshop job. In fact, I have VERY little doubt it is, with or without the buff stacking. The player health doesn't match.

Edited by TUXs

Needed to create this damage with rage/focus: epic gear, epic fail target, every buff in the game.

Needed to create this damage with Concealment/Sawbones: 2 fingers.

kthxbai.

3 Possibilities

1) You're an idiot

2) You're just trolling

3) You got 1v1'd as a level 10 sorc before brackets by a 50 op in full BM PvP gear stacking stims and buffs

Otherwise, the highest crit you'll ever see is 6k

Edited by Supercaptain

It doesn't matter that he is stim stacking. Ops are getting nerfed for the same reason. Stim or no stims...they need a nerf. Remember the bar has been set at 9k in a single set of moves to get a nerf at this point.

So let them nerf games begin! Who else is on the nerf train?

I believe Guardians/Juggernauts are able to pull off this kind of damage by stacking the following key important talents with the ability Force Sweep:

- Focused Resonance: Increase Critical Strike Damage of all Force attacks by 30%

- Shii-Cho Mastery : Your attacks ignore 20% of targets armor

- Felling Blow : Force Leap makes your next Force Sweep an automatic critical hit

- Singularity : Each tick of Force Stasis = + 12.5% Force Sweep stacks to 50%

- Swelling Winds : Increases damage of Force Sweep by 30%

So the guardian would do something like: Force stasis some random guy, then force leap into a group and force sweep. boom huge damage to everyone.

Not a hard combo to pull off and you can do that mostly every 9 seconds, fully every 1 minute because of the force stasis cool down.

Edited by Fox_McCloud

All I can say is all the people who championed the Op/Scoundrel nerf, be prepared to feel the wrath of your own beast, cause once the nerf bat is swung it hits everyone.

One thing I always enjoyed about playing this class is that most people dont understand that most obsessed PvP'ers usually prefer to have a Rogue type character who in this game are most accuratly related to Ops/Scoundrels. So when they ask for the PvP bat and then get it, they expect it to stop there, and they will stop being bad.

NEWS FLASH THE PVP BAT IS COMING FER YA BRAH.

Now that the blood hit the water with the first nerf of the game, the forum sharks are swarming all over that Nerf bat, most of us might as well put "or Im gonna quit the game" at the end of every post, becuase thats what most post will end with now any way. Was that way in Rift, Warhammer, AOC, and Hello Kitty Online(BTW I was part of the first ever world group hug), seems that the forums look, thats whats happening here.

What actually happens in the nerfs is not what angers me. Its how everyone on the forums thinks the Devs use there input exclusively for guidance.

I MAD BRAH, I VERY MAD

3 Possibilities

1) You're an idiot

2) You're just trolling

3) You got 1v1'd as a level 10 sorc before brackets by a 50 op in full BM PvP gear stacking stims and buffs

Otherwise, the highest crit you'll ever see is 6k

yeah,

6k then the 3k 2k 2k following it.

I believe Guardians/Juggernauts are able to pull off this kind of damage by stacking the following key important talents with the ability Force Sweep:

- Focused Resonance: Increase Critical Strike Damage of all Force attacks by 30%

- Shii-Cho Mastery : Your attacks ignore 10% of targets armor

- Felling Blow : Force Leap makes your next Force Sweep an automatic critical hit

- Singularity : Each tick of Force Stasis = + 12.5% Force Sweep stacks to 50%

- Swelling Winds : Increases damage of Force Sweep by 30%

So the guardian would do something like: Force stasis some random guy, then force leap into a group and force sweep. boom huge damage to everyone.

Not a hard combo to pull off and you can do that mostly every 9 seconds, fully every 1 minute because of the force stasis cool down.

Sentinel can do it as well, but 30% less damage. Also, it's 20% armor penetration.

Biggest differences with Ops/Scoundrel are that you can avoid it and it takes at least 4s to set it up and it's an AoE... 5k+ to everyone in a 5m circle around the Guardian. You also need to go full +power and pretty much have gimped Surge/crit ratings, so ti works only with that particular skill.

It's not particularly OP with all the drawbacks associated to it, but yeah, it hits very hard when the stars align and might need a small adjustment.

Edited by RamzaBehoulve

yeah,

6k then the 3k 2k 2k following it.

That's a pretty lucky string of crits, plus you should have popped your break cc and now your have a full resolve bar.

Chain CC us until we lose our upper hand stack and we're done.

There, I just taught you how to beat a scoundrel/op in 1v1, you're welcome.

Sentinel can do it as well, but 30% less damage. Also, it's 20% armor penetration.

Biggest differences with Ops/Scoundrel are that you can avoid it and it takes at least 4s to set it up. But yeah, it hits hard and it's an AoE... 5k+ to everyone in a 5m circle around the Guardian/Sentinel.

It's not particularly OP since you can focus down the target, but yeah, it hits very hard when the stars align and might need a small adjustment.

when things are stacking that high, that last +30% makes a huge difference.

I already posted this once....and people still do not get it. Force Sweep (Smash for Sith) will only hit that hard IF you have lots and lots of buffs up. The ability scales well off them but without them crits for 4-6k depending on amount of surge.

THIS IS A GLASS CANNON SPEC THOUGH. Hits hard but gets hit hard also!

Edited by Xandarous

People really do underplay the ability of the tank class in this game. They do sick damage if you get the right builds going. Im full Champ gear and i still get hit for 5k dmg by Guardians/Jugs very often.

Only Juggs, Powertech and Shadows don't do that kind of damage.

when things are stacking that high, that last +30% makes a huge difference.

Depends. The +30% is applied on the basic skill damage, not after everything else. But yeah, it's still a lot more damage than the Sentinel equivalent. However, the Sentinel can do it every 9s, Guardian only 12s, so over 36s, the damage is roughly the same.

But still, while a slight nerf might be coming, compared to Ops/Scoundrel, it's really minor. There are many ways to hinder Guardian/Sentinel and make them waste their Sweep or lose the buffs to it.

TLDR : don't ignore Sentinels and Guardians

Edited by RamzaBehoulve

Bring it! Once everyone's got a turn at the nerf bat we can all beat on each other in the mud. Are you afraid to hit rock bottom... BRAH?

Its going to happen. We will hit rock bottom, its the trip down that bothers me. As soon as we get done with all the changes, and PvP hits some form of normalcy, will the PvP in this game be what it should be.

That's a pretty lucky string of crits, plus you should have popped your break cc and now your have a full resolve bar.

Chain CC us until we lose our upper hand stack and we're done.

There, I just taught you how to beat a scoundrel/op in 1v1, you're welcome.

Unless you're ranged. In which case 'run 10m away from an operative/scoundrel and then kill them while keeping distance and laughing' would work better.

It's so cool when people argue about PvP but they don't know that you can see you target level on the screen, isn't it?

Also, that merc has 1k more HP than the guardian. I don't think his gear is much worse, if at all.

Like mostly everyone commenting in this thread, you're both idiots. Look at the name of the player taking the damage and then look at the name above the person he has targeted. Bingo! You fail!

Edited by Nanotech

Like mostly everyone commenting in this thread, you're both idiots. Look at the name of the player taking the damage and then look at the name above the person he has targeted.

I stand corrected, it is possible that poor guy didn't have any pvp gear. This changes little, though. Operatives still couldn't do that kind of damage pre-1.1.