Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why would you ever want to be republic?

CrazyConnor

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I obviously have never tried republic and have been playing empire from to get go, but just looking at the classes, republic sounds underpowered and weak If you ask me,

Can anyone reinforce the republic ? I've never played them what's it like ?

The Imps are scared to join the Republic. If this game had a difficulty setting it would have 2; Empire (Normal) and Republic (Hard).

And I always play on the hardest difficulty when I play new games.

Edited by Lionflash

I obviously have never tried republic and have been playing empire from to get go, but just looking at the classes, republic sounds underpowered and weak If you ask me,

Can anyone reinforce the republic ? I've never played them what's it like ?

Because you're on the Imperial side?

Republic classes are mirror images of Empire classes, just with different animations.

LOOOOOOOOOL... mirror.... sigh...

Try to battle cloak to avoid taking damage from "Shock" like they do for "Project" and let me know how that whole "mirror" thing is working out...

Edited by Sireene
reply to edited post

I play it because Ive got True Grit.I like the republic lore. I listen to country music. I like guns. I like freedom. I have a tatoo of my countries flag. I like dogs and think cats are mean. I love small children but dislike teen agers. I eat at small local greasy spoons. I shop at a farmers market.

Just to name a few reasons.

I question the same thing about folks who chose Empire. It looks like an army of emo vampire wannabes with all of the Inquisitors littering that landscape.

At least the Bounty Hunters seem decent and I can understand that choice. But the incredibly emo Sith?

I'll pass.

Once.. a long long time ago.. when WOW was born and Closed Beta was my life...

We had a discussion like this :p because everyone was playing Allies and only the Hardcore played HORDE!

Now 7 years have passed and the contrary happened :)

I went Darkside because I expected it to be the underdog side... however as it turned out it isn't quite that way.

As soon as I've the feeling I enjoyed my Sith enough I intend to start a Republic char and see how many Empires I can gank :)

Balance will be restored..

<3

I play it because Ive got True Grit.I like the republic lore. I listen to country music. I like guns. I like freedom. I have a tatoo of my countries flag. I like dogs and think cats are mean. I love small children but dislike teen agers. I eat at small local greasy spoons. I shop at a farmers market.

Just to name a few reasons.

Johnny Cash would be a Gunslinger.

The path of control is a harder path to take.

Giving into your inhibitions is as easy as belching, it's just natural and shows signs of a weak mind.

Controlling one's self and fighting that uphill battle displays willpower and commitment. ;)

That's why I chose the republic, they are fighting those who lack the ability to focus and control their basic desires. Basically, evolve. :cool:

Edited by Fraxture

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.