Really tired of level 7's autoclicking chests on Ilum.

KipMalice

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I beg you to watch the video I posted. The video plus the majority of player that have jobs or school can give you a glimpse on how many can turn to that market even for an end game speeder if not raiding!

Lastly, thanks to our beloved WoW, raiders especially hardcore ones are all but extinct like the Jedi in the dark Palpatine times. People even in TOR only wants "epics" a mentality courtesy of Blizzard Entertainment that people can't get rid of. You know I haven't done Battle of Illum (normal) yet because "there are no epics there" so I've only done the hard mode? The mentality is in the game already and people want to raid for the epics, not for the fun of raiding that it was in classic WoW or EverQuest2.

Wow I gotta say then if that mentality represents a noticealbe % of swtor's pop base, it's pretty pathetic. If thats the case gold farmers are only a symptom, there's a deeper problem....

we were able to kill a non-pvp flagged republic credit farmer on my server. the chest he was at is the one next to the force ghost and about halfway through the fight he became aggro on the guy 1-hit him, then jumped back on the tank. the player hasnt returned there yet.:)

"Mommy !!!!! Billy's got more credits than I do !!! WHAHHAAAAAAA !!"

Wow...what an intelligent comment.

It's not a matter of someone having more credits.

It's a matter of inflating the economy, "gold farmers", and equal oppertunity at looting a chest by people who play the game the way it was ment to: At the Keyboard and doing quest, PvP & exploring.

All that needs to be done is make the chest spawn in random locations, not fixed ones.

I'd love to see this problem solved.

I don't think it's a good solution to just put an enemy near the chest. The looters would simply wait until someone engaged it, then grab the chest while the fight was on.

This really does need to be solved ASAP. I've not even been to Ilum yet, but I don't want to see the economy ruined because of jerks like that.

Why not make chests personally flagged. IE you can only open any chest once. I look at chests like rewards for accomplishing something. How rewarding is it to keep going back to a chest for loot? Just make the chest green for you if you can open it and red if you cant, similar to a quest room. Once you have found all the chests thats it. Or you could put them on a cooldown timer where you cant open the same chest in a 24hr period. We have quest timers, surely a timer can be attached to a chest address that is tied to your character.

Allowing level 7's to go to Ilum-not a great idea

Allowing level 7's to loot chests on Ilum-not a great idea.

Allowing level 7's to stand next to a mob of the same faction while they use an autoclicker to loot chests 24/7-/facepalm

And ignoring hundreds of reports (over 17 days) of this behavior and the guy only ever logs off during maintenance-/facepalm

Oh yeah and putting a medical droid 50 feet away from this chest so you can sell all of your greens and medpacks and never move more than 50 feet-/facepohIgiveup.

Why dont they stop level 7's from getting stuff on Ilum, and stop lvl 50's from getting stuff on Balmorra or Alderaan. seems fair since the levels 50's obviously own everything on Ilum.

This has been a horrible problem on my server, too.

There has been a level 13 camping the same chest spawn for nearly 3 weeks now on Illum. I've reported him dozens of times and NOTHING has been done.

Yeah, this is going to ruin the economy faster than anything. Shame Bioware is sitting on their hands right now and doing nothing about it.

RMT companies are the worst kind of vermin. Why do you want BW to stop this? Because there's nothing worse than trying to enjoy an MMO and getting mails and whispers 10 times a day asking if you'd like to buy some gold or seeing it spam up chat on a new character every 10 minutes.

Edited by TheRealDestian

I haven't run into this yet, but I'm sure I will eventually. I do have a side question related to this, though - does Bioware have GMs in the game? I've never ever received any live help while in game no matter what I have sent a ticket in for. Has anyone ever gotten a real person?

Because they are afk making millions of credits a day? And that ruins server economies?

It does not ruin any economy. That chest will be looted, by him or by you or by someone else. The same money is put in the economy either way. Seems like you want the chest for yourself.

I agree, the ones you find kicking and screaming defending an action are usually guilty of the same action in one sense or another.

Just do what I said earlier.

Lock a chest you open from being opened by your character for a 24hr period. You can still farm but you have to spread it out. Simple and clean.

As if BW cares about people exploiting as long as they get paid. This has been going on since forever, and there's literally hundreds of ways to fix it. But lawl, BW sees money signs

this game is 2 months old did u know this

I like it when people defend botting.

No, I just dont think you have any ownership interest in that chest. It belongs to the first guy to get it. It doesnt matter what level the guy is, it injects the same amount of credits into the economy either way. If someone is using an exploit, ban them. but the guys wanting a level limit arent interested in that. Because we all know level 50's cant us bots or exploits.

BTW: I have never been on Ilum. so accusing me of botting is stupid. I plan on getting a level 30 and going to look at ilum today, the planets in this game have some cool artwork.

Edited by ivanhedgehog

Video 1:

Video 2-Literally taken 15 minutes ago? :

I have reported the same people for over 2 weeks. So yes, and almost every other 50 has reported them. You can also see them because they "unstealth" to sell to the medic. And the hack is also glitchy and they pop up for a second or so sometimes.

You can't loot a chest and stay stealthed, so squash that right now.

I have been saying this kind of things goes on in pve and pvp for over a month. Every single time I do the posts get removed from BW and people say, "I've never seen it, I don't believe there is hacking in this game."

The fact that this game does not use any type of memory monitoring just continues to encourage people to cheat.

It does not ruin any economy. That chest will be looted, by him or by you or by someone else. The same money is put in the economy either way. Seems like you want the chest for yourself.

Wrong. The credits that are farmed are then sold externally to the game to people. Those people can purchase large amounts of credits (well above what they may be able to gather in the game) and purchase items for extremely high prices without caring. Why? If they need more credits they go buy them and repeat. the sellers then push their items higher on the GTN because they will get purchased. Everyone who are getting credits now the right way will see an overly inflated GTN due to the influx of the illegal credits. This has happened over and over in almost all MMOs which is why almost all of the have something about buying currency and farming in their EULA language.

Edited by Xabos

I have a better idea:

Place champions next to EVERY chest, BUT each champion drops a key. Only this key can unlock the chest and is a one time use item. It also despawns after 5 minutes of being looted.

Thus, you have to kill the mob even if you can stand by the chest without aggroing.