Really tired of level 7's autoclicking chests on Ilum.

KipMalice

On a serious note though.

Let's assume that 20 mil is right number for one second. How would that compare with credits coming into economy via other ways?

Belsavis and Ilum daily quests give around 200-250k per day.

I wonder how many people doing it every day? 500? 1000? Is there any info on server population at all?

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you realise that lvl 7s cant get there? maybe lvl 17?

Level 7 is literally the level min to get to the fleet. I still see a few level 2-3's on the fleet and in Ilum. You used to be able to get there at level 1 but they raised the level min to 7, but didn't boot any of the current occupants off.

Did you report them?

I thought Bioware made it pretty clear a few weeks ago about this sort of thing?

As CS doesn't even bother to reply on this topic ingame, I don't think reporting will do anything, sadly ...

At least one of them was pvp flagged today ... :rolleyes:

And on my server their levels range from 14 to 25(not the pro farmer that one).

On a serious note though.

Let's assume that 20 mil is right number for one second. How would that compare with credits coming into economy via other ways?

Belsavis and Ilum daily quests give around 200-250k per day.

I wonder how many people doing it every day? 500? 1000? Is there any info on server population at all?

I am one of the richest players -- to the best of my knowledge, of course -- on my server that hasn't used an exploit.

I don't use exploits because, frankly, I have a job and therefore always seem to find out about the exploits AFTER that have been removed. :mad:

Kidding. I wouldn't exploit anyway. I don't need to, since I already have more money than I know what to do with.

I've gained my riches by picking up two gathering professions and Slicing. I use Slicing to fund the gathering professions which I in turn use to post good on the GTN.

I am very well-known for Underworld Trading materials. I fill purchase orders and am frequently behind on demand because most people have yet to figure out how to generate large quantities of Promethium and Mandalorian Iron (suffice to say that I have a trade alliance).

After all of this work and connection-forging I make about 500k credits a day in profit. I make a little more on weekends when demand is higher and a little less on weekdays when demand is lower. I think that most people would agree that 500k a day for very little work is a pretty good turnout, especially when you have nothing to buy.

Bear in mind that I'm not going out and doing dailies or space missions or anything. I'm mostly just running missions and selling the goods. On days when I actually DO something I can break 750k; more if I get lucky with Slicing and gathering nodes.

So a level 7 alt that is doing nothing but exploiting a chest to make 1mil creds a day with ZERO INPUT from the player is broken and economy-slaying.

I am one of the richest players -- to the best of my knowledge, of course -- on my server that hasn't used an exploit.

I don't use exploits because, frankly, I have a job and therefore always seem to find out about the exploits AFTER that have been removed. :mad:

Kidding. I wouldn't exploit anyway. I don't need to, since I already have more money than I know what to do with.

I've gained my riches by picking up two gathering professions and Slicing. I use Slicing to fund the gathering professions which I in turn use to post good on the GTN.

I am very well-known for Underworld Trading materials. I fill purchase orders and am frequently behind on demand because most people have yet to figure out how to generate large quantities of Promethium and Mandalorian Iron (suffice to say that I have a trade alliance).

After all of this work and connection-forging I make about 500k credits a day in profit. I make a little more on weekends when demand is higher and a little less on weekdays when demand is lower. I think that most people would agree that 500k a day for very little work is a pretty good turnout, especially when you have nothing to buy.

Bear in mind that I'm not going out and doing dailies or space missions or anything. I'm mostly just running missions and selling the goods. On days when I actually DO something I can break 750k; more if I get lucky with Slicing and gathering nodes.

So a level 7 alt that is doing nothing but exploiting a chest to make 1mil creds a day with ZERO INPUT from the player is broken and economy-slaying.

That's great, I probably could share a similar story. With lower profits of course and without trade alliances, but principles are similar.

But not exactly what I had in mind. You are making credits for yourself, yes. But you are generating ZERO credits into the economy. All you credits come from people doing dailies, selling junk, exploitinf chests, etc.

I would be really interested in how much people generate via dailies. In other words RAW credits coming into economy every day.

Let's assume 20mil per day can be made from exploiting. That's pretty rough estimation I think, but that will do for now.

What I'm really interested in, how this relates to amont of credits other players make by other means? Is it 10%, 5%, less than 1%? Because if it's 10%, yea, it's economy breaking, you go away from game for a week, and prices double when you return. If it's less then 1% - you will never ever notice it.

From what I see, I think it's closer to later, because right now prices on GTN seem pretty stagnant to me. Ideas?

Edited by dogmeat_one

Allowing level 7's to go to Ilum-not a great idea

Allowing level 7's to loot chests on Ilum-not a great idea.

Allowing level 7's to stand next to a mob of the same faction while they use an autoclicker to loot chests 24/7-/facepalm

And ignoring hundreds of reports (over 17 days) of this behavior and the guy only ever logs off during maintenance-/facepalm

Oh yeah and putting a medical droid 50 feet away from this chest so you can sell all of your greens and medpacks and never move more than 50 feet-/facepohIgiveup.

Maybe you should stop visiting the lvl 7s who are farming chests. Out of sight, out of mind. If it makes you sad or mad, stop doing it. Try doing something constructive and work on one of your characters.

Have fun out there young man!

They want subs right now. When the account numbers come out after the free month they want to be as high as possible. Do you really think they're going to ban anyone? I'm sure if they knew who was running the bots they'd send them a few hundred free accounts just to pad their sub rate Edited by youwillburn

So why don't you do it as well? It shouldn't matter if someone is level 7 or level 50... you both can do it.

Now, if you're concerned they are gold sellers, then the only thing you can do is report them. But if you don't buy from gold sellers, they're not a problem.

So why don't you do it as well? It shouldn't matter if someone is level 7 or level 50... you both can do it.

Now, if you're concerned they are gold sellers, then the only thing you can do is report them. But if you don't buy from gold sellers, they're not a problem.

Because using a hack or 3rd party macro system is against the EULA and you can be banned for it?

Them farming on Illum makes two big impacts. First it wrecks the economy, second it can really affect PVP now that Illums pop cap has been reduced. Say theres 50 repubs on Illum and all doing the daily and yet theres 50 showing on the Imperial side yet only say 42 of em are 50, because theres 8 lvl 7-21 Gold Farmers looting chests.

My view Lvl cap the planets to what they say on the Stellar map. If they are not lvl 48-50 they cant even get on Illum. Do it to the rest of the planets also as Ive seen the same ones on Corellia. I do report them and I do kill them if they are stupid enough to be flagged.

Got a feeling these are also the one bugging out the Protect the Shipments Quest every day as well to keep people away from that area so they can farm the chests in that area. Killed one 5 times in 5 minutes the other day there.

Edited by namoni

Allowing level 7's to go to Ilum-not a great idea

Allowing level 7's to loot chests on Ilum-not a great idea.

Allowing level 7's to stand next to a mob of the same faction while they use an autoclicker to loot chests 24/7-/facepalm

And ignoring hundreds of reports (over 17 days) of this behavior and the guy only ever logs off during maintenance-/facepalm

Oh yeah and putting a medical droid 50 feet away from this chest so you can sell all of your greens and medpacks and never move more than 50 feet-/facepohIgiveup.

wow you really sweat the little things don't you. Do you have ulcers?

Dunno ask BW man. The level 7's are the ones making millions a day from it.

you mean the chests that do not give anything now? LOL i was lucky enough to click on one yesterday (first time ever). It gave me 2 pieces of WHITE gear, lvl 7. Ya they get insanely rich now.

When I saw it for the first time, I actually thought about running and finding an enemy player and getting his attention in the /say channel. "Hey, dude, there's an imperial level 7 bot farming a chest over here. If you don't feel like doing anyhting could you at least let your general know, I'm sure someone is dying to camp a bot."