Really tired of level 7's autoclicking chests on Ilum.

KipMalice

BW obviously doesn't care about this, so I'm not going to lose sleep raging about it.

If I got pissed every time someone cheated and exploited in a game, I would have given it up long ago. I choose to ignore it. Life isn't worth worrying about what other kiddies do in a video game.

Edited by Thradar

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong. The credits that are farmed are then sold externally to the game to people. Those people can purchase large amounts of credits (well above what they may be able to gather in the game) and purchase items for extremely high prices without caring. Why? If they need more credits they go buy them and repeat. the sellers then push their items higher on the GTN because they will get purchased. Everyone who are getting credits now the right way will see an overly inflated GTN due to the influx of the illegal credits. This has happened over and over in almost all MMOs which is why almost all of the have something about buying currency and farming in their EULA language.

Xabos gets it. ivanthehog does not thus, defending the botters. Like I said if you don't know something, it's better to listen before you form an opinion. Botters like that, rarely do this to increase their "main's" credit balance. They do it to sell the credits for real money. That's what's ruining the games' economies and that's what I was trying to explain in my post a few pages back.

Wow I gotta say then if that mentality represents a noticealbe % of swtor's pop base, it's pretty pathetic. If thats the case gold farmers are only a symptom, there's a deeper problem....

I know man it's sad to see this mentality in TOR so early... I must admit that I was very upset after my 10th try to get a group for a normal level 50 flashpoint only to see that nobody wants to run them because there are no epics that drop from there..

I have a better idea:

Place champions next to EVERY chest, BUT each champion drops a key. Only this key can unlock the chest and is a one time use item. It also despawns after 5 minutes of being looted.

Thus, you have to kill the mob even if you can stand by the chest without aggroing.

The funny thing is, the mobs wouldn't have to be champions.

BW just need to place the chests in the middle of those groups of lizard like things, and that would solve the problem and prevent low level players from credit farming.

I have a better idea:

Place champions next to EVERY chest, BUT each champion drops a key. Only this key can unlock the chest and is a one time use item. It also despawns after 5 minutes of being looted.

Thus, you have to kill the mob even if you can stand by the chest without aggroing.

This could be a brilliant idea (though, like stated, they don't need to be champion-strength mobs.) This would also solve the "I'm going to get that chest, but there's a guy in front of it. I'll attack him, and now that he's dead, I can go grab my chest! ...... That someone else just ran by and opened. Yeah, totalyl cleared that out for you, not for me or anything. Thanks, jerk."

I have a better idea:

I like this idea, only problem is some AC's have a really hard time with certain types of mobs. Make it so the chest spawns in the middle of a pack of enemies, ever changing random locations and timers and I'd say between the key idea and that it would solve a big part of the problem.

The funny thing is, the mobs wouldn't have to be champions.

BW just need to place the chests in the middle of those groups of lizard like things, and that would solve the problem and prevent low level players from credit farming.

One thing I don't understand about the high level chests that spawn behind champion mobs in many high level planets is why do we need chests?? These chests hide large amounts of credits 5k to 8k as I've experienced so far as a reward for the kill right?

Why not include that amount in the corpse or even better, make the chest a blue item that's a certain drop from the champion? Why must it spawn in the game world?

One thing I don't understand about the high level chests that spawn behind champion mobs in many high level planets is why do we need chests?? These chests hide large amounts of credits 5k to 8k as I've experienced so far as a reward for the kill right?

Why not include that amount in the corpse or even better, make the chest a blue item that's a certain drop from the champion? Why must it spawn in the game world?

I've never understood this either. The chest design (especially un-guarded... what genius thought of that idea??) is just begging for issues like this. Make it an elite/champion kill, and it's fine.

Why is this a significant issue? At level 50, those chests aren't going to drop anything you need, just some credits. Credits are awfully easy to come by, so someone else getting the chest really doesn't harm you.

It is botting, exploiting and it is against the HOLY EULA!!! How can't you understand such simple things?!

I've never understood this either. The chest design (especially un-guarded... what genius thought of that idea??) is just begging for issues like this. Make it an elite/champion kill, and it's fine.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but gold sellers and hackers aside, if you fight the champion mob can't I loot/ninja the chest from you given that I'm not in combat?

Another kind of drama would then ensue..

Edited by dark_lord_hades

I´ve reported several on Corellia and Tatooine. Not one, not two, not tree, times but many...

Only to see if they will reply something other than an automated text full of jibberish...

Now i will not continue to do so because they dont care about this issue at all. Infact

thers no CS at all in this game. Yesterday we did EV and the loot bugged at several

bosses. Could not loot the chest and so on. Made tickets about it. Still same automated

response, telling me that no further discussion is possible bla bla blahh...

Well... I still love the game but the in-game CS is the worst i have ever seen in my whole

life...

Correct me if I'm wrong here but gold sellers and hackers aside, if you fight the champion mob can't I loot/ninja the chest from you given that I'm not in combat?

Another kind of drama would then ensue..

No, I'm arguing that the chest should go away entirely, and the loot/credits moved to the elite/champ corpse.

Allowing level 7's to go to Ilum-not a great idea

Allowing level 7's to loot chests on Ilum-not a great idea.

Allowing level 7's to stand next to a mob of the same faction while they use an autoclicker to loot chests 24/7-/facepalm

Funny during later beta I said "I don't think low level players should be able to go to Ilum" and I was basically yelled at with people wanting an "open game" to "do whatever they want". After numberous Ilum scandals, I have determined that...

I was right. You shouldn't be able to go to Ilum until Act 3 of your story.

For 3 weeks there are some lvl 12's in Corellia camping 5 chests.

I put in a ticket every day for 2 weeks. I gave up.

Same.

Here is the response I received:

"I have received your transmission regarding your issue about a level 12 sniper camping a chest on Corellia. Thank you for sending us a report regarding this issue. However, we are not able to interfere with intended in-game mechanics"

Level requirements for planets will only delay the issue - the "farmers" will level up their character [probably using exploits] and then just go back to camping the chests.

That's what I thought at first. Just get rid of the chests or severely nerf the contents. They aren't really necessary.

Like I keep saying.

Make each chest only able to open once for you in a timed period. We got instanced rooms that are green and you can enter, make chests green so you can open it, red means its still closed to you. Just set the timer for a number of hours and this removes botting from the equation totally.

Damn exploiters.

Ilum needs to be level restricted as soon as possible.

Also these pathetic worms need to be reported and BANNED.

Why don't level 50's just annihilate these low level exploiters??

Edited by Vlacke

I noticed a level 12ish toon doing the same thing on Kaas City yesterday. The biggest problem from my perspective was it was a Republic toon standing next to a Champion Republic mob in the PVE area of the zone.

I would think a simple fix might be if you were to try and open a chest, the mob might suspect you were on the other alliance side and whack you. Why should you be able to farm chests from your own alliance at all?