Three MAJOR Bugs for Shadows... 1.1.1 and no end in sight...

inseeisyou

Particle Acceleration: When this ability procs, if the following "automatic crit" Project consumes a charge of force potency, it is supposed to do an extra 50% critical damage. It does not, although it does consume the force potency charge.

Harnessed Shadows: This ability, per the tool tip, is supposed to activate not only on Project, but slow time. Slow time does not cause this ability to proc however.

Project: The long animation delay on this ability allows enemy players to battle cloak in the middle of the animation and avoid the damage totally. This makes the skill significantly worse than the "mirror" spell Shock which is instant.

Three major issues for your threads consideration for the Shadow class, which is hurting enough as it is... Been raising some of these issues since day 1 and here we are at patch 1.1.1 coming out and they are not even acknowledged. I've really been trying to be patient but these are a big deal, skills just outright not working as intended.

Do not enough players choose Republic to warrant getting our abilities fixed or what?

Edited by inseeisyou

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Particle Acceleration: When this ability procs, if the following "automatic crit" Project consumes a charge of force potency, it is supposed to do an extra 50% critical damage. It does not, although it does consume the force potency charge.

Harnessed Shadows: This ability, per the tool tip, is supposed to activate not only on Project, but slow time. Slow time does not cause this ability to proc however.

Project: The long animation delay on this ability allows enemy players to battle cloak in the middle of the animation and avoid the damage totally. This makes the skill significantly worse than the "mirror" spell Shock which is instant.

Three major issues for your threads consideration for the Shadow class, which is hurting enough as it is... Been raising some of these issues since day 1 and here we are at patch 1.1.1 coming out and they are not even acknowledged. I've really been trying to be patient but these are a big deal, skills just outright not working as intended.

Do not enough players choose Republic to warrant getting our abilities fixed or what?

1. particle acceleration works fine for me. i hardly ever see a project not crit though. on top of that when i do use a force potency my crit projects hit for about 3500 instead of 2000. which is more than 50% btw.

2. i have never seen anything say that harnassed shadows works with slow time and honestly even if it did it would be 1 or the other and which hits for more dmg? telekenetic throw destroys slow time in a dmg perspective.

3. yes while i will agree that there is a long delay with project HOWEVER i am able to get telekenetic throw started or a double strike thrown in for 2 hits at once. the problem with the insta cast imo is bam its done i have to wait and use another ability with the delay i have another ability spammed and hitting at the exact same time the rock smashes into their face.

chain it with a spinning kick and then telekenetic throw them for boosted dmg from knocked down targets.

seriously instead of crying about them learn how to use them to your advantage.

furthermore this is not game breaking at all.

How exactly do you use it to your advantage when your 2x Clairvoyant strike buff expires between the project being cast and it actually hitting? Because if it's about to expire on an assassin and he casts shock, he gets the damage bonus. We don't.

1. particle acceleration works fine for me. i hardly ever see a project not crit though. on top of that when i do use a force potency my crit projects hit for about 3500 instead of 2000. which is more than 50% btw.

2. i have never seen anything say that harnassed shadows works with slow time and honestly even if it did it would be 1 or the other and which hits for more dmg? telekenetic throw destroys slow time in a dmg perspective.

3. yes while i will agree that there is a long delay with project HOWEVER i am able to get telekenetic throw started or a double strike thrown in for 2 hits at once. the problem with the insta cast imo is bam its done i have to wait and use another ability with the delay i have another ability spammed and hitting at the exact same time the rock smashes into their face.

chain it with a spinning kick and then telekenetic throw them for boosted dmg from knocked down targets.

Force potency is supposed to add further damage on particle accelerated project.

And do bugs have to be game breaking to be fixed? Hmmm? So yeah, I'd like to see these fixed

...what? Is this a joke?

1) Particle acceleration does not work for you. It is bugged. It will not work for one person and be broken for every other shadow in the game. Please stop posting #1.

2) Read your talents and stay updated on patch notes. If you can't do this, you have absolutely no place to even begin to post on the forums with your inaccurate information. Please stop posting #2.

3) Did you even read what he said? This isn't the normal benefits of shock being instant cast vs. project allowing closer burst, this is a 100% worse problem associated with having a projectile that allows vanish skills to completely dodge being hit by project. Please stop posting #3.

You got 3 total "Please stop postings". Per our 3 strikes you're out rule, you have to stop posting.

The complete lack of effort, coherence, clarity, or even accuracy of information within this one single post was so bad your right to post should be removed.

Edited by Andrew_asdf

I am pretty sure people are talking about the three seconds out of every minute cloak that absorbs 100% tech/force damage. So, they eat one Project out of 10... c'est la vie. Damage is caculated when the ability is pressed, not when it hits.

I am also certain I have hit Project, the target has cloaked and it has gone through and killed them.

I am pretty sure people are talking about the three seconds out of every minute cloak that absorbs 100% tech/force damage. So, they eat one Project out of 10... c'est la vie. Damage is caculated when the ability is pressed, not when it hits.

I am also certain I have hit Project, the target has cloaked and it has gone through and killed them.

No, they didn't use the Empire equivalent of resilience. And no, damage is calculated when the ability hits, not when the button is pressed.

If they cloak too late the projectile hits but they still have a large .5-1s window.

Please stop posting misinformation, you're muddling the actual issue and making relevant discussion difficult.

Not so sure about that. I have seen the damage bar on target go down with the press of a button, but only got the floating text regarding the amount after the animation.

Would love to hear from BW on this point at some point. If its just animation render delay and not damage delay then I can live with that.

I have had this happen, and I've also hit Project, watched my target vanish, and watched the projected rock/droid/junk float in the air where it was lifted, spin for a little while, and then disappear.

It is possible (though unlikely) that it is still hitting my cloaked target, but since I never see them pop out of stealth a mile away with damage numbers over their heads, I presume this is not happening.

I also believe that it is more common for the Project to NOT follow through the cloak and hit my target after they have vanished, as I am more frequently seeing spinning, floating rocks than I am seeing the rock fly off and hit the invisible player.

Yeah there is a big problem with Project. It should calculate the damage when cast, not when hit. It should also use up any procs when cast, instead of when hit. Make it even with the Inquisitors abilities.

Personally I don't mind the animation, actually I think its cool; but the above issues are kinda weak and negitively effect the Shadow as a class in comparison to their mirror

Edited by Shardie

Yeah there is a big problem with Project. It should calculate the damage when cast, not when hit. It should also use up any procs when cast, instead of when hit. Make it even with the Inquisitors abilities.

Personally I don't mind the animation, actually I think its cool; but the above issues are kinda weak and negitively effect the Shadow as a class in comparison to their mirror

This. Can't count the number of times I didn't use up my 2x clairvoyant strikes because of animation delay.

This. Can't count the number of times I didn't use up my 2x clairvoyant strikes because of animation delay.

Stop playing Infil in PvP when 20+/x/16 or 31 Balance is clearly superior for objective based matches, which all three of the WZs are. Infiltration will only be better than the builds I have supplied when they release a team deathmatch WZ, and then the survivability/support provided by other builds will make you more useful than Infil.

Animations cause delay in seeing numbers pop, but the damage of most abilities that aren't skill shots are instant regardless of the animation.

If you do not believe this, you have connectivity issues and/or low framerate and you're not seeing it correctly.

Animations cause delay in seeing numbers pop, but the damage of most abilities that aren't skill shots are instant regardless of the animation.

If you do not believe this, you have connectivity issues and/or low framerate and you're not seeing it correctly.

Actually, I don't believe it because there's a big post by one of the developers about ability delay on the front page of the forums. If it didn't cause issues, it wouldn't merit special notice.

Stop playing Infil in PvP when 20+/x/16 or 31 Balance is clearly superior for objective based matches, which all three of the WZs are. Infiltration will only be better than the builds I have supplied when they release a team deathmatch WZ, and then the survivability/support provided by other builds will make you more useful than Infil.

First of all, you are completely wrong about the spec. Infiltration is not inferior to Balance or kinetic/FiB specs, not by a long shot. I finish most my Warzones in the top 3 damage done with usually 0 or very few deaths. Just because you suck with Infil, don't make generalizations.

Second, I was talking about in PvE where this is extremely frustrating as it significantly lowers my DPS. You obviously haven't played Infil shadow enough to notice that if your 2 buffs are about to expire and you cast Project, the cost buff is instantly consumed but the damage buff is only consumed on hit. Now if the buff expires before the project hits, you don't get the benefit. To make it more clear that the buff is consumed on project HIT let's look at vanishing enemies in PvP or the last boss in Battle for Ilum. When they vanish and project is in the air, the boulder just hovers in the air and I only have the damage buff still active as the project never connected and consumed it. If I recast project without redoing the buff, I get the damage bonus (so it isn't just a graphical bug but indeed the buff isn't consumed).

On and btw, this isn't a MOBA game. The term skill shot doesn't apply.

IMO, Project needs to continue to be a top issue we press until they fix it. In WZ's every second counts and there have litterally been tons of kills I miss because of the delay on my project. Just last night it was gona be a killing blow on somebody but low and behold the healer healed them before my rock hit them. That isn't the first times that's happened either.

We don't need the animation to delay damage or use of our next attacks. My solution would be to slightly change the animation. Make our characters do a force push motion with their hand and have the rock directly shoot out of the ground to the enemy fast, wrather than lift it in the air...hold it...and then it take its time to go. This way the damage is instant, nothing is delayed and the animation is still an actual projection

How exactly do you use it to your advantage when your 2x Clairvoyant strike buff expires between the project being cast and it actually hitting? Because if it's about to expire on an assassin and he casts shock, he gets the damage bonus. We don't.

+1 in my book. Even in PvE I had a gold NPC get a nasty heal off, one that would not have gotten off I were an Assassin.

I agree...They have talked about animation delays (which would be amazing if they fixed it.)

However, I have not heard anything about the Project delay. I did Hutt ball today...and got to watch my target cloak out of my project..

..big dumb silly rock floating in the air and then..."poof."

no dmg.

I had to go back and read my Harnessed Shadows talent, thats amazing that Slow Time is meant to trigger it! Get that bug fixed and I'm a super happy camper :)

It's a typo apparently, Slow Time is NOT mean to trigger harnessed shadows, there is a bug thread about it.