Update on Ability Delay from Georg

AllisonBerryman

"Thanks to constructive feedback from the community..."

He wasn't thanking the tantrum throwers and neither will I. I will, however, thank those of you who actually posted thoughtful, mature, constructive crticism instead of running around like your hair was on fire and someone had shoved a lit M80 in your buttcrack. The tantrum throwers still deserve nothing but flames.

That is all.

The irony in your post is awesome. It's even more hilarious that you don't see it.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, that's kind of funny, in a trolly sort of way.

You have no way of knowing what their priorities were pre-launch. It's a sure thing there was a lot going on. If it came down to "launch with ability delay" or "don't launch at all," their priorities were just fine.

It's unfortunate it was there, yes, and I'm not saying it's a minor issue. But there could easily have been other more important issues that took precedence over it.

So, you have no reading comprehension then I assume. When you qualify something with an "If" it means you don't have information on the subject.

And yes, I would of preferred the game not be launched with this issue.

These issues were ALL mentioned in BETA and should have been addressed.

When combined with all of the other factors that are creating significantly imbalanced PvP, BW should be ashamed at the quality of their released and now multi-patched client.

:mad:

I'm completely in agreement. The fact that this wasn't a pre-release priority despite all the beta complaints just shows that Bioware doesn't understand this. They just don't get it.

Making combat "responsive" isn't something that's added post-release. This is a design decision, not an afterthought. Furthermore, it's silly to vest any hope in a fix from a team that didn't even acknowledge this as an issue during development. Responsive gameplay is that far off their list of priorities.

While a lot of people on this forum will be impressed with Bioware's ability to type hopeful words and put together an announcement, many of us who struggled with and pleaded with them through beta know firsthand that there's a huge gap between promises and results. This game is fun and shows a lot of promise, but there are huge, glaring, ugly organizational and management issues with the developer. And while I'm currently enjoying my time in the game, I'm under no illusion as to what the reality really is.

Oh no! First custom UI news, then this? If it actually gets fixed, what will people complain about then? AA! Oh wait, they fixed that too....gosh darn!!

Unfortunately they will find something (unfortunate in that there may/will be something to find; and/or that even if there is nothing signifcant, they will complain about it.)

For all the HATERS -- this shows that Bioware is listening and will work on the issues that are the biggest problems. People just need to calm down and give them a chance.

An MMO is not built in a day.

People just need to calm down and give them a chance.

Rather, Bioware needs to prove to many of us that they're worthy of the type of trust you're placing in them. The time for that chance was beta.

Understand that these issues didn't come out of the void; many of us expressed them during beta and were completely ignored.

Also understand that many of us "haters" actually enjoy the game immensely, but are also immensely frustrated. The world isn't black and white, nor is people's support for this game. There's a large portion of us who can enjoy the game and see fundamental, glaring flaws at the same time.

Edited by Arcoril

Thank you for the update. It is great to see the commitment of the team for fixing, improving and expanding the game. You make out-of-schedule fixes, postpone patches and maintenance if needed, open server earlier than predicted, and so on. It is very evident how dynamic your approach is. For the first time I am completely satisfied by developer's work for the monthly fee that I will be paying.

And I am also very glad the ability delay is being addressed, I am with dual core and the delay definitely impacts my gameplay. I was certain that in the very near future it will be fixed.

Keep up the good work, it doesn't go unnoticed.

Edited by Darth_Haderach

Thankyou for fixing this :). Will have to wait and see if this fixes what is the main issue or just the "ripples" of the main issue that will be fixed, wording makes it hard to tell.

To all the whiners, game design, especially an MMO, is ridiculously complex, and unless you've worked on the field for many years with already built in, semi-functioning systems and coding, it won't be perfect at launch.

I agree beta wasn't used to it's full potential and release should've been delayed by a few months, but they can't change their decision now, so just cancel your sub for 1/2 months so the "paid beta" can end and all fixes are rolled out, or constructively provide feedback and not post stuff like "OMG, NO ADD-ON COMPATIBILITY, GAME IS DEAD, STUPID BW".

I can guarantee you, when GW2 is released, despite how amazing it looks and the time thats gone into it, it will be missing X feature or Y feature that the larger player base who haven't used beta/alpha want and think is "required" to play a game properly. And we will again have forums fool of doomsayers and people just generally hating that the game is incomplete due to not being able to put the map in x position or at y size. And I can definitely guarantee people will complain the graphics are "too good" so it ruins their fps.

Edited by Hahkil

My video regarding this will come out tonight hopefully and will be posted in the main threadline.

I hope we don't have to go for another two weeks before hearing more, I would love to see more of those people I have been combating for the past 3 weeks in over 7 threads worth of posts about this Issue post in this blog discussion.

Where are you now to tell us to l2p or go back to WoW because the game is designed to delay?....

Where are you now to tell us 0.0 fixes it?

Where are you now claiming that it Is just an isolated issue and your game is fine?

Where are you now calling us a tiny, vocal minority who doesn't really matter?

Where are you now claiming that its our systems?

I could go on... Where are you blinded BioDrones now?

You wanna know who "really" are the ones that love swtor and want it to succeed? You wanna know who really are the ones who care about Bioware and respect them and their work?

It is us, those who are not afraid to voice our concerns, who are not afraid to use strong language towards Bioware when there are clear problems. It is us, who continue to demand better from a company that we believe CAN do better!

To Bioware I would say, I respect you too much to let you get away with these flaws without bringing them to your attention and push you to do better.

Are you trying to martyr the legions of entitled WHINERS? Really?

Rather, Bioware needs to prove to many of us that they're worthy of the type of trust you're placing in them. The time for that chance was beta.

Understand that these issues didn't come out of the void; many of us expressed them during beta and were completely ignored.

Also understand that many of us "haters" actually enjoy the game immensely, but are also immensely frustrated. The world isn't black and white, nor is people's support for this game. There's a large portion of us who can enjoy the game and see fundamental, glaring flaws at the same time.

Unless you work on this design team, you don't understand any better than I or anyone else here why the ability delay issue wasn't noticed/addressed/resolved pre-release.

Maybe it was a lesser priority to other ACTUAL gamebreaking issues.

Maybe during Beta, the way you communicated the problem to Bioware wasn't as clear or constructive as the feedback/vids that have been posted since release.

Maybe they have only recently been able to allocate energy/manpower to resolving this issue, which, is clearly not an easy one to address.

I can understand player frustration, but you may be taking things a little too personally when you accuse Bioware of "ignoring" you. Like you said, not everything is black and white.

As a marauder, I can't tell you how frustrating it is to try to interupt. Battering assault sometimes doesn't execute, or "stutters" during execution increasing the time it takes for it to go off.

I'm happy to hear that the Devs are not sitting idle on these issues.