Coming Up in STAR WARS: The Old Republic

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UI improvements - yes please. ASAP.

Legacy system is retroactive I hope? meaning existing Alts can benefit from whatever it is they get?

PvP ranking is fine but please fix abilities, give ability to mark targets, macro (i.e. mouseover, focus, mark targets etc)

Hahaha, another bribe. Epic fail. Try addressing all current bugs and glitches first. Today's emergency patch didn't fix the random flickering and loading screen it was supposed to, ability stuttering is worse than ever, FPS decreased due to AA and the new UI design with constantly lit icons is horrific.

Then there is all the 1.0 bugs and glitches, not to mention all those from beta.

Edited by darthtoph

A quick question about the UI customization (yes, I know we didn't see everything, blah blah blah):

Did it look like we were still going to be tied with the health bars / portratis HAVING to be stuck to the quickslot bar? I've rewatched that part a few times and I don't see the seperate windows for them...

But he's on Korriban? Wearing sith warrior gear?

Yeah, he's definitely a Miralukan sith - but even if he's not, a dark Jedi getting to go tear it up on Korriban would also be pretty cool.

Poor James, he looks (and sounds) like he's been up all night. I'm guessing he got called in to make that video. Don't listen to the haters BW! You're doing yeoman's work with this game, it's awesome, and you've got my sub!

I like the game and think it has alot of potential. While I agree many of the features mentioned in the video should have been included at launch, I don't mind waiting for them.

The big thing for me, BW: Communication. As long as you're giving me specifics, letting me know what you're working on, when you plan to get it out (within a reasonable time frame), I don't mind waiting.

Some of the big things I'd still like to see / hear about are optimization. There are many of us still having performance issues - and even some of us with high level rigs are experiencing problems and long loading times. I would personally like to see less loading (would be great if it was virtually non-existent after the initial game load), but particularly performance enhancements in large areas such as PvP Warzones, Imperial Fleet, etc.

EDIT: Another big thing, largely because of load times - tell us WHY you have orbital stations in the game, or get rid of them. Offering a flashpoint mission on the Hoth orbital station, for example, isn't enough reason to keep it around. Let us know why you have them ingame, or kill them, please.

Edited by lentWolf

That mini-map is gonna look sweet sitting up in the upper right-hand corner of the screen with that lower right-hand corner artwork.

And you're delusional if you don't think they're going leave it that way.

"There you go guys. Moveable UI items. What? You want it to look good when you move stuff around too? Ahh man..."

Hacked up video about features we already knew about with a few seconds of added footage. Obviously, this video was made to distract the community from Bioware's piss poor handling of the Ilum issue. I still want to know where that rollback is Bioware. I know it will inconvenience your Empire characters, but people do play Republic.

That mini-map is gonna look sweet sitting up in the upper right-hand corner of the screen with that lower right-hand corner artwork.

And you're delusional if you don't think they're going leave it that way.

"There you go guys. Moveable UI items. What? You want it to look good when you move stuff around too? Ahh man..."

I'll be here to find out... will you?

I liked it all except for the last part where he says they are going to listen to the community. The people in these forums spreading lies, crying the sky is falling and going out of their way to ruin this game just like every other MMO that has come before ARE NOT the COMMUNITY. The community is playing the game and enjoying it. The people in here are useless leeches that suck the life out of everything worth playing in the world.

Can you please fix PVP flagging so I dont get flagged by griefing sith who deliberately run thru my aoe damage so they can flag and kill me whilst I trying to enjoy the game. And also stop it working off heals too. If I wanted to pvp I would have joined a PVP server

Yeah, he's definitely a Miralukan sith - but even if he's not, a dark Jedi getting to go tear it up on Korriban would also be pretty cool.

Poor James, he looks (and sounds) like he's been up all night. I'm guessing he got called in to make that video. Don't listen to the haters BW! You're doing yeoman's work with this game, it's awesome, and you've got my sub!

I liked the little easter egg in that.

They said long ago that Legacy might unlock the ability to play race/class combinations not currently available. Read that, I did not say as many people misquote it "new races". We are talking playing the oddball like a Miraluka Sith Warrior. Or having been a Pureblood child and being taken in by the Jedi before the treaty and raised as a Jedi, making you a Pureblood Sith Jedi Knight.

It is a way to add more customization to alts. Glad to see some form of it even in a tease.

Sith Miraluka, nomnom. Chiss Trooper or Smuggler, nomnom, Pureblood Jedi Knight, nomnom, I can think of a lot of oddball combos that would be "cool" to play.

Alexis

*smiles*