We are the 99%

Grozni

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, you're better than the rest of us. I do agree though that percentages based on nothing are to be taken as nothing. So in essence useless thread.

Yes, but I just dont know where they come from these special snowflakes. They really think that they can just mass troll people? That they know who the majority or minority is? What an arrogance!

Today I learned that the 99% has miserably low standards.

I'd put money on the fact that I think your musical taste, food taste and taste in movies is "incredibly low standards" compared to what I consider good.

But I don't put forth opinions as facts, unlike some people.

You are correct OP, it is an insignificant vocal minority trying to make it significant. It seems rare to see rational posts among the hundreds of blind hatred against BW/SWTOR. And by rational I don't mean zealots, there are those that bring up valid issues with the game, but it is not the end of the world, only in your mind the world is ending or SWTOR is dead.

Just see WoW and forum discussions about it, people have been saying it was dead for years while it only gained popularity. Imagine the happiness of the haters and their vocality when Blizzard announced it lost subscribers (from 11 million to 10.5 million or something), it was as if the vocals were singing that the game lost 90% of its subscribers or something.

It would be great if people that hate the game would simply leave their feedback/opinion and move on, instead we see people repeating the same hate words over and over as if on an epic quest to kill a MMO.

Edited by Danieros

Yes, but I just dont know where they come from these special snowflakes. They really think that they can just mass troll people? That they know who the majority or minority is? What an arrogance!

Yes, some people do. It's the anonymous nature of the internet. I can come on, call some one anything, close, and my life goes on as normal. But stating the opposite is wrong as well. No fear of consequences leads to the ability to do whatever we want. So if we all can do whatever we want, who's left to do what we need?

Funny, the majority (larger percentage) of posts in this thread that you would consider bad is larger than the hooray posts....

Hooray for the OP... well said for the majority of people PLAYING the game as opposed to the people WHINING on these forums threatening to unsub if their demands aren't met.

Funny, the majority (larger percentage) of posts in this thread that you would consider bad is larger than the hooray posts....

Every MMO forum has more malcontents than happy players, from UO to SWTOR and everyone in between.

I'd be playing, not on the forums, if I wasn't stuck at work.

That was the point of the thread. The majority on the forums think differently then the majority of the players in game. People on the forums are all dumb except for me.

Which demonstrates the point of the OP quite elegantly.

Looking at the forum churn rate leads me to believe that there are substantially fewer than half a million people busily posting here.

The 99% that you speak of...yeah...lets talk about them

Last night the people I spoke with on vent were:

a> upset about the 1.1 patch

b> upset the splash screen constantly showing up

c> upset about the queues being a mess

d> unable to play because they had to download the ENTIRE client again 11+GBs

e> frustrated with the continued lack of BW development fixing skill lag, latency, no fires, and stuttering

I don't even know who this 1% you're talking about is. Because the people I play with don't need to post about being upset with the game, they're just upset with it.

(TL;DR version: Forum malcontents do not represent the player base at all. In fact, they don’t even truthfully represent themselves. Bioware should focus on what the 99% are actually doing, rather than the rants of the 1%.)

As a veteran of MMOs, going as far back as the MUDs and MUSHs of the early 90’s, it was déjà vu all over again reading the SW:TOR General Forum yesterday, with its wailing and gnashing of teeth over the recent patch changes. If you only read the forums, you’d think the entire “player base” was in an uproar, that Bioware had just become a real life incarnation of the fictional Evil Empire it had created in its game!

Meanwhile, in the actual gameworld itself, not only was any uproar wholly absent, it was nearly impossible to tell from regular chatter there had been any patch at all. Nothing about “game-breaking” PvP changes, or that the altered crafting skills were now “pointless”. As far as one could tell, the vast majority of players were busy doing what they were doing before the patch, completely oblivious to the “fact” that the game was now unplayable.

Not everyone having a problem with the game complains about it in game. I've had a few issues and I haven't felt the need to go to fleet and spam the chat about it, and I didn't come here and spam about it.

So don't make assumptions because you don't know what you're talking about, and trying to speak for 99% of people is as bad as the complainers. You can't even prove that you're in the majority.

What makes you think that everyone who doesn't come to the forums is "having fun"?

Some of them could be having issues, but know that if they expressed their concern then the fanboys would jump on them and label them as whiners or haters. Even though they WANT the game to succeed, they just have a problem with it right now.

So instead of posting their concerns, perhaps they just carry on playing the game until their sub ends.....giving no reason. And thus leaving Bioware wondering why they left.

THAT is precisely what happens in a lot of cases. So I wouldn't be quick to judge all the non-posters as "having fun" if I was you.

We're all having issues. And I've noted them here from time to time. That doesn't mean that the game, overall, isn't fun.

I think my point still stands, though, that someone who is enjoying the game doesn't really have much of a reason to come post on these forums. Add to that that a great number of the complaints I've seen here are fairly asinine, and I think the game is in good shape.

A similar situation occurred in EVE Online, where the introduction of Real-Money Trading (RMT) resulted in forum outbursts and threats to quit, but little actual change in player behavior, prompting EVE’s CEO to remark, “I can tell you that this is one of the moments where we look at what our players do and less of what they say”.

You have pulled this completely out of context. I will not ASSUME but will FACTUALLY state that you did not actively play EvE Online during the launch of INCARNA in June. The reason the game is still flourishing is b/c the Developers actually took notice of the gamers "ACTIONS" as you have stated above. They made the changes that were being asked of them regarding gameplay and some of the dynamics of the NeX store with the CRUCIBLE update in November.

"This winter, CRUCIBLE evolves the graphics, interface and game mechanics with dozens of updated and improved features based on feedback and challenges put forth by its players.

This is EVE re-forged."

"Hi!

Here‘s a few more little things from Team BFF to make your life easier. We didn‘t have much time for doing this so we mostly just harvested good ideas from the forums and prioritized by how much work it would be to implement them (and things that I personally find annoying when playing EVE - heh)."

Google will do you well good sir!

Thats the nature of whining...its audible, and you hear it. The content masses are silence. They're playing the game.

They're playing tag on the playground while the forum qqs are the kid who stands in the middle and cries about no-tag-backs all game, then says tag is stupid at the end, while everyone else is going home happy with a fun game.

Today I learned that the 99% has miserably low standards.

The 99% understand patience. This is a video game, not a cold hamburger.

And besides...name one MMO better than this one right now?! There ISN'T one.

It's a good game that has issues, I'm not blind or stupid...but I also understand that I need to give Bioware TIME to address them. My $15 is better spent HERE than on any other piece of **edit** game out there.

Thats the nature of whining...its audible, and you hear it. The content masses are silence. They're playing the game.

They're playing tag on the playground while the forum qqs are the kid who stands in the middle and cries about no-tag-backs all game, then says tag is stupid at the end, while everyone else is going home happy with a fun game.

Worst are the dis-content masses that are silent! They un-sub and never leave a reason as to why.

It means nothing to you as an average everyday content subscriber that will pay to play regardless of the circumstances, but it certainly matters to the developer, their shareholders, and the games future.

I'm not sure what server you play on but since the patch this has been the conversation in general chat. Most people I see are angry and want a rollback. I was just in the game and that IS the main topic of discussion.

I'm sure it is! Among the same four people filling general chat all night. Because they're chatty. And they are the same people that post the same thing in 800 threads.

The 99% understand patience. This is a video game, not a cold hamburger.

And besides...name one MMO better than this one right now?! There ISN'T one.

It's a good game that has issues, I'm not blind or stupid...but I also understand that I need to give Bioware TIME to address them. My $15 is better spent HERE than on any other piece of **edit** game out there.

Not much on the horizon either. I would prefer a sandbox mmo, I wish I had gotten to play SWG before they broke it, but I will be sticking around here until I stop having fun. It's a game, it's all about the fun.

This is a beginner MMO made to cater to casuals, disney kids, and soccer moms.

No thank you. Too slow, clunky, boring story, poorly written story, really bad PvP, its actually offensive.

I'll go back to League of Legends until D3, heart of the swarm, and GW2 comes out.

Edited by skyvortex