The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

People leaving for WOW? O.o

silent-sniper

Okay.... I get the Bioware made a mess of the last patch (which may I add is already getting fixed) nobody well defend Bioware on that, but people are leaving for wow?? the land of panda's pokemon and 5 year olds?? Seriously?? Okay, have fun there, personally I want to say thankyou to Bioware for an amazing game, and that I appriciate they are trying to fix bugs and other problems ect... they are new to this, they are learning, and its amazing what they have been able to do.

Please dont post on here if you want to troll about the game being crap ect...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The only people leaving for WoW are the kiddies that already came from there. They came here thinking an MMO has 7 years worth of polish and content at launch. Good riddance I say. Their kind ruins games anyway.

The people that are leaving for WoW, never really left WoW to begin with haha. I played for quite a few years, I'm enjoying this game and to be honest I just can't play that other one anymore. No desire to do so, at all.

Okay.... I get the Bioware made a mess of the last patch (which may I add is already getting fixed) nobody well defend Bioware on that, but people are leaving for wow?? the land of panda's pokemon and 5 year olds?? Seriously?? Okay, have fun there, personally I want to say thankyou to Bioware for an amazing game, and that I appriciate they are trying to fix bugs and other problems ect... they are new to this, they are learning, and its amazing what they have been able to do.

Don't worry, they'll be back once everything gets worked out.

i think this fiasco will do more for rift then it will for WOW. The game is not crap but there is serious lack of expierence in the devolpment team. its evident if you played Any MMO from launch . On a scale from launch . 0 being vangaurd a, 5 being AOC and a 10 being Rift. SWTOR is about a 6 at this point. This day and Age people do not wait around for you to become a 10 with all the options on the market.

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Shares of Electronic Arts Inc. fell nearly 3% to $17.75 on Thursday morning after an analyst with Brean Murray Carret & Co. cut his price target on the stock to $22 from $28, citing concerns about the recently released online multi-player game "Star Wars: The Old Republic." In a note to clients, analyst Todd Mitchell wrote that "creeping concerns" about the performance of "Star Wars" -- which was released in late December -- is causing him to trim his earnings estimates for the 2013 fiscal year. "Specifically, initial sales appear to be below expectations, and casual observation of early play is causing us to rethink our churn assumptions," Mitchell wrote.

http://www.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ:EA

This posted in another thread by someone else.

When you try calling people ignorant for leaving, try not being ignorant about the reason they are leaving. Distilling WoW down to being about pokemon and pandas is tremendously short-sighted. Not to mention said features haven't even been released yet to be judged on their actual merit. WoW has so much more content that that to choose from, to be fair.

I personally still play WoW, but have been gladly devoting the majority of my game time to Star Wars because I am having fun.

Edited by StevenStarkill

Hmmm i think most of the people saying their quiting are just trying to stir up trouble. This is by far my favorite game of all time and I plan on playing it for as long as they continue to add content. That said, they really need to throw us PVPers some real tangible content ie. new warzones and a ranked pvp system :)

Meh, a handful of people threatening to cancel or whatever on the forums doesn't amount to much other than a extremely tiny fraction of the community because haters going to hate and going to believe what they want despite the reality of things. Yesterday was an embarassment for the MMO community because a few people decided to rage about something which was obviously not intentional and only discovered during high server load.

I personally went to play RIFT instead, but playing TOR made me stop laughing at pandas and pokemons in wow, now I actually might try the expansion when it comes out. Pokemons as you called them are far better than companions in TOR, cause you know they can actually perform multi player related actions, ie fight other people's pets? Where is in TOR companions are purely a single player feature, moreover calling pets childish(and I don't care about pets and doubt will ever care about them in wow) is so hypocritical considering that you get to "romance" your pet in TOR and marry her, rofl. TORs pokemons are far more childish than wow's. Atleast wow doesn't make you cyber with your pets.

And as for Pandas, yea I didn't like that either, but guess what after playing TOR and seeing how every race is a human and you cannot tell the difference between them when they have helmets on, it made me think that I d rather have pandas and be able to tell that this player is a panda just by looking at them, you know actuall diverse races and stuff that TOR doesn't have.

Some people will leave for WOW just because of the ease of getting everything ahnded to you. Some will leave for the reason of the non delay combat system that is causing so much problems.

For some reason, everyone thinks that when a game is released it should be flawless and perfect the firrst time the gates are open. What people fail to realize is even with Open Betas there are some things that arent found out due to lack of people actually participating in the beta process, such as: reporting bugs and imperfections in the game. Instead they join the open beta to be able to say that they are playing before release. They are also the ones that will cry about things being broken after release hits.

Im sure most the people complain and leaving are children that have nothing better to do or want nothing more that to get reactions out of people. If they are seriously that mad about minor bugs and fixes then they really need to step away from the computer and open a window... get some fresh air.... maybe go outside even -gasp-.!.!

After all... it is just a game.

I think allot of folks never played a new mmo from launch, wow may have been there first mmo, they started after it's launch, and never experienced growing pains all new mmo's go through, I have been through allof of new mmo's and the growing pains here are mild compared to some, we don;t live in a perfect world things happen, but the instant gratification generation have no time to wait in thier minds, they have some hard life lessons to learn thats for sure..

People leaving for WoW are just people that cannot adopt to different games.

Personally I have been done with WoW for 4 years and never looked back.

I am not happy about their fix without a rollback, as the gear gap is already too wide between the republics and imperials, I have three pieces of champion gear and even with warzone buff i am still about 4k hp below the imperial players who are better geared and all they do is camp our spawn point to make sure we won't even leave the ledge.

On top of that, our 50 WZs starts with 6 people when the imperials have 12. This just widens gear gap. People come in late see the big gap and leave, so the WZ never ends early but we still get farmed because we have no choice but to go get farmed or face being kicked from the instance. It is very simple: don't start a warzone unless both sides have 10 players.

If they don't fix this, I am leaving and not going to WoW, but just look for the next one. As of now, that happens today, unless the fix actually works.

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Shares of Electronic Arts Inc. fell nearly 3% to $17.75 on Thursday morning after an analyst with Brean Murray Carret & Co. cut his price target on the stock to $22 from $28, citing concerns about the recently released online multi-player game "Star Wars: The Old Republic." In a note to clients, analyst Todd Mitchell wrote that "creeping concerns" about the performance of "Star Wars" -- which was released in late December -- is causing him to trim his earnings estimates for the 2013 fiscal year. "Specifically, initial sales appear to be below expectations, and casual observation of early play is causing us to rethink our churn assumptions," Mitchell wrote.

http://www.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ:EA

This posted in another thread by someone else.

The same happened in the german stock market.

The next month is SO key for SW:ToRs future its not even funny. EA is undoubetly on Muzika's throat today.

Bioware absolutely needds to pass a STRONG message via fixes this month. A strong message to the players, and specially to the markets.

EA does not like loosing money. If this fails in the next two months, expect another Warhammer online because EA WILL pull the plug.

There's only a handful on these forums saying they are going back to wow. LOL hope they have fun wow is so stale and boring. I'm so glad I cancelled and came to this game. I'm having a great time in this game.

This is the way I look at it:

Any player who looks at SWTOR and WoW right now and chooses to play WoW isn't the kind of person I'd want in the community anyway.

WoW is an anti-community game. People enjoy that sort of "Capital City is the Lobby, I queue for dungeons" game. That's totally their right to enjoy it.

I, on the other hand, think community is the most important aspect of an MMO.

Now, SWTOR needs work on it's community features, but it hasn't become anti-community like WoW has.

If I wasn't playing SWTOR, I'd be playing EvE, not WoW.

Some people will leave for WOW just because of the ease of getting everything ahnded to you.

I like this game, but you do realize this game is insanely easy as far as MMOs go right? That is most likely a large part of the appeal. Leveling to max is quick. Endgame is very easy (minus bugs).