Why would anyone want to fight against NPC in 2012?

ntoyzaster

LOL@ requiring more skill.

You can't be serious.

If pvp requires more skill, then tell me why all of you bedwetters QQ'd like crazy to have Biochem nerfed?

And tell me why there is a patch today because of PVP!

PVP'ers were exploiting valor.

medpacks = not skill based.

explpoits = not skill based.

best pvp gear = not skill based.

Take another look at your skillz brah,just because you can memorize a few keybinds doesn't make you 1337 and give you a bigger epeen.

:rolleyes:

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

isnt the end game pvp? you level to 50 and get geared up to prove your worth against other players..not mobs. whats the point of raiding? to show how hard you can crit a mob? is that cool? you get everyone ready you go to the dungeon and it may take up to 2 hours for a drop that you may never get.. or might not be able to use. what is the point? i leveled to 50 and anything from that point on is all pvp why would one want to go back to hitting mobs and memorizing patterns? it needs to be said PVP only players are better gamers than PVE guys it takes more skill to PVP. you can be a clicker and get away with it in PVE in PVP you will get owned.

That's my man ! Spot on.

I do PvP just not as a main focus. The whole issue with PvP in MMOs has been stated through out the thread. If it was a true game of skill it would be more fun for me.

That would require when you log into the war zone:

1. Eeveryone has the same amount of health
  2. Everyone has the same weapon
  3. Everyone has the same abilities
  4. Everyone has the same equipment
  5. There are no trinkets, med pacs, adrenals, Crew Skill benefits, Pies, or Cakes.

As it stands now in this game and the vast majority of MMOs PvP systems there is class imbalance, gear imbalance, profession/crew skill imbalance.

I dont like the current pvp either , i dont like it there is gear levels and the advantage people get from gear , i dont like it that the system doesn't give a chance to minority i dont like many things but still i find it way more fun and exciting than doing PVE i just wanna know why people prefer doing PVE is it because they die a lot ? they feel useless ? they feel disappointment every time they die ?

Like i said, with pvp now the way it is you always WIN, theres no loss, you can loose your way to the top without any skill involved at all....

You cannot loose your way trough a Raid tier and onto the next tier, because if you dont kill any of the encounters, you dont get any rewards and you dont progress to the harder tier of raids...

If i want pvp, real pvp i load up BF3 to get some more headshots from 200 meters away without a scope...

I do miss UO style pvp, at least it was hardcore and most people who consider themselves hardcore pvp'ers these days would be getting sweaty palms and panic the moment i took out one of their friends with a well unresisted Corp Por followed by an Explosion potion and a Crossbow bolt to the chest....while i am healing myself, swapping to my hallberd of Vanq, kill the second guy at close range, apply bandages, chuck a healing potion, paralyze the third guy, finish the last one ...then wonder where the paralyzed guy went and why he wouldnt fight back i mean it was just me vs 4 so it should be a fair fight....all in less then 20 seconds without keybinds and dragging stuff, or clicking it from inventory space...

Then the guy who ran comes back with 10+ "hardcore pvp" people to kill me...

Who am i to turn down 10 more people to loot ....in my days i made many UO "hardcorres Quit" the game

Pvp uses skill these days? please save it...

Edited by Archess

Dress up Barbie PvP is barely even PvP. It's really just a race for gear.

If you like PvP, go play a read PvP game like BF3. That takes skill.

People have been playing against the computer since PONG. FPS games have always been against a computer AI. NPCs can be programmed to be complex and fun. Just not in this game.

Because human beings inherently have varying preferences?

The most compelling reason people enjoy PvE is the element of teamwork and cooperation in achieving a (hopefully challenging) common goal. This goal is, of course, constantly updated with new content releases. It is this sense of "progression" and the communities that are formed that provide lasting entertainment value.

If you like PvP, go play a real PvP game like BF3. That takes skill.

People have been playing against the computer since PONG. FPS games have always been against a computer AI. NPCs can be programmed to be complex and fun. Just not in this game.

Fixed for grammar, but this man speaks the truth.

Also, Han Solo sig makes it instawin

Edited by dargor-

Because-

-NPCs don't run around in circles rabbit jumping [this isn't a FPS morons]

-NPCs don't grief you

-NPCs don't camp you

-NPCs realize this is a game and don't confuse skill with "I can mash buttons in the right order better then you can"

If I wanted to PVP, I'd go back into the military.

Skill in BF3? Did you actually mean Quake3 or Quake 4 or CS or MW2 or anything that requires aim and reaction?

BF3 is like bu-ka-ke, it's fascinating at first but at the end everything is a mess and you don't know who did what.

I load up AC:B/R and have fun with PvP. Or Halo. Either one.

I feel quite the opposite.

PvP is repetitive. You fight other players and....what? Get better gear to fight the other players some more? The tactics are ad nuaseum because you are always facing the same enemy classes. You do get much better at "twitch" gaming. And if that's your gig then PvP is for you.

PvE, especially instances, has fun story and great set-piece battles. There can be enemy encounters that require you to solve tactical problems, do puzzle work, or simply enjoy the view. It's the good bits of KOTOR with the added benefit that I can play it with 3-7 of my friends.

If you like to solve puzzles and tactical problems can i suggest applying to Bioware for a job!

They have a really big one nobody as yet has managed to figure out.

I feel quite the opposite.

PvP is repetitive. You fight other players and....what? Get better gear to fight the other players some more? The tactics are ad nuaseum because you are always facing the same enemy classes. You do get much better at "twitch" gaming. And if that's your gig then PvP is for you.

PvE, especially instances, has fun story and great set-piece battles. There can be enemy encounters that require you to solve tactical problems, do puzzle work, or simply enjoy the view. It's the good bits of KOTOR with the added benefit that I can play it with 3-7 of my friends.

I agree, I pvp some for the mix, but I find less of a challenge against other players.

I enjoy single player games, like Mass Effect also.

And the best example of this : chess and its various local variation. Both side starts with the same equal pieces.

That is the true essence of game PVP.

MMO PVP is a joke and need not much skill, mostly patience.

So true , i wish PVP was like that in games like SWTOR.

well if u want true PvP, test ur metal against other players on a fair and level field.

u should be looking towards LoL or HoN and upcoming dota2. If you want 1v1, brain vs brain its starcraft.

and if ur of the stupid bunch hit it with MW3 or BF3.

MMO's have to many random aspects to be true competitive, to be real PvP.

Hello , i just cant figure it out why people bother doing dungeons ,"raids" etc i mean why would anyone prefer to fight against an NPC instead of fighting other players

When I play an mmoRPG, I am playing a character. Whether it's a rogue, a jedi, or a sith warrior, that character is destined to become a hero. So, yes, the story is very important to me. If nothing else, SWTOR's story is made far more loud and clear than the muddied, disjointed one Wow presents.

From a mechanical standpoint, I think that given an even playfield, the best pvp'er in the world would not have a kill:death ratio any better than say... 8 to 2. In other words, that pvp'er might win 4 fights out of 5, if they were extremely talented.

That is a horribly unacceptable win/loss record to me for a video game. Through PvE play, I may die once every 200 to 300 mobs. THAT is the kind of record I want.

While I admit it's a balancing act, I want the possibility of dying to always be there, but I want it to very rarely happen. There is NOTHING a game can do to me that is more immersion crushing than having my character die and then suddenly be fine again.

You say you can't imagine why people PvE. I say I can't imagine why someone would die every 5 to 10 minutes and just keep going.

I think this was a console project at some point. That would explain the low graphics or absence of High-resolution gaphics, the fact that you cannot open more that 2 windows in game (in 2012, i Mean..ROFL), the companions, the layout of the zones,the almost identical KOTOR character screen.

Everything seems to be perfect for KOTOR 3 on a X-box or PS3 Console.

When you can't get a basic feature like auto-follow to work in a 2011 game. You might want to wait before claiming you got One of the best MMO launch. I guess the BEST mmo launch had auto-follow enabled.

I prefer PvE in ToR for two reasons.

One is that the way abilities triggers in this game is so incredibly non responsive. Having to press the same key several times before an ability goes of is less frustrating in PvE. Especially since I have alot of hotkeys binded as alt+key, shift+key etc(my logitech mousebuttons don't work in ToR for some reason so had to resort to alot of modifer keys keybind). Having to press those kinds of binds over and over to trigger abilites is very annoying.

Two is in WoW which I have played alot of over the years I spent most of my time focusing on a small part of the game. For example in WoW classic before expansions I grinded a PvP titel in the old warlord system. You had to play basically 8 hours a day to keep up and it was the same battlegrounds over and over. I missed alot of other content.

So in ToR I know try to do every quest I find, every flashpoint, every raidboss etc. I want to see all the game has to offer. Not just put myself in the same three warzones over and over.