Become a Founding Member!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, who thinks that BW are doing this, because they want people to pay 15€ for a fluff title, you would pretty much fail with a business. Sure, people by nearly everything.

But trying to tell us, that this is a marketing trick? Come on... Seriously?

I for once subbed and I am happy you reward your customers. A preorder or EGA title would have been nice, though.

It's a nice little bonus to say thanks to supporters, not some evil plot to "trick" people into subscribing.

Sorry, there is nothing negative about it...there just isn't.

All you big, bad wolves can huff and puff, and try to blow reality away all day..hehe, good luck!

I like your style.

Also, I'm not being billed until today according to my account information, and the offer has already expired, so hey, a big "screw you" to me. :confused:

I like your style.

Also, I'm not being billed until today according to my account information, and the offer has already expired, so hey, a big "screw you" to me. :confused:

I'm sorry for your reading and/or comprehension problems

So how do you earn the “Founder” title? This reward is only available to players who have completed either one of the following transactions (by March 19th, 2012, 12:01AM EST; Pacific: March 18th, 9:01PM PST; European: 4:01AM GMT, 5:01AM CET):

Billed at least once for an active Star Wars: The Old Republic subscription

OR

Redeemed a Star Wars: The Old Republic Pre-Paid Game Time Code

I bolded/sized some information you may want to re-examine.

So I, a pre-order, do not get the title becasue I payed before this came out and won't get it because I won't pay for another sub by March 19th? Or will people who haved payed for a subscription for a longer period than this last be able to get it?

So I, a pre-order, do not get the title becasue I payed before this came out and won't get it because I won't pay for another sub by March 19th? Or will people who haved payed for a subscription for a longer period than this last be able to get it?

You have to have redeemed a pre-paid gametime card thingie, OR past the 30 "free" betatest days offered with the gamebox (or origin DL), you chosed to stay subbed and get charged, THEN you get a mail. :D

^^

Thank you. But, shouldn't a 'founders medal' be for those people who, well, founded the game? Like who was here at launch, not those who come in up to 3 1/2 months later? Just a thought..

Become a founding member. Im serioulsy lolling over this. Ok it is nice, but maybe learn to communicate more realisticly about your product in the future and you will save more subs. Edited by Ommm

I laughed really hard at this. Seriously guys? Dont you think that makes you look super desperate to keep subscriptions? Its not like the world is falling apart . So the endgame kinda sucks there is plenty replayability with all the classes to keep people going for months unless they play 24/7

1. Surely the founding member title should have applied to those that had pre-ordered and was allowed the early access.

2. Like been mentioned before would have been nice to know what you intended to do to reward those that would/will be/remain loyal to the game.

3. Will we recieve subscription based rewards 1,3,6,9,12 etc...

Other than that keep up the good work

Ok sorry if this has already been asked and answered but there are over a thousand posts on this, anyway my question is: I got my game at the end of December and then got and applied a 2 month time card and it will expire at the end of march (because I also got the free 1st month giving my account 3 months) will my account still be given the title? Or is it being given to people who got billed after it was announced? :confused:

Also is it just for people who got "billed" online or also for those of us who purchased a time card at the store?!?

Edited by Jade_Skye
added question

March 19th...

That's the cutoff date, not when it's supposed to be given.

Ok sorry if this has already been asked and answered but there are over a thousand posts on this, anyway my question is: I got my game at the end of December and then got and applied a 2 month time card and it will expire at the end of march (because I also got the free 1st month giving my account 3 months) will my account still be given the title? Or is it being given to people who got billed after it was announced? :confused:

Well, I bought a 60 day time card to activate my account with on Dec 27th ( due to not having my CE until then because of the big cluster**** fiasco of EAware and their retailers ), and I sure don't see one in my inventory either.

Edited by Zorvan

Those who are complaining about "now is not the time fix X " you do realize that at any given time Bioware has multiple teams working on multiples fixes and additions to the game dont you?

If you watch the latest video you get a big clue to that when James Ohlen says "we have a UI team devoted exclusively to working on fixes and adding more functionality to the UI"

Thats all they do.

By dividing their studio up into teams that focus exclusively on PvP, UI customization, Characters, Bugs, Exploits etc, they can accomplish far more than if everyone works on everything and it only makes sense that SOME THINGS WILL BE FIXED OR IMPROVED UPON THAT YOU DONT CONSIDER A PRIORITY....in a system like that, unfortunately the things that take the longest to nail down or fix, like bugs just take longer.

So sit back and be patient, these guys are already releasing content and patches faster than many other triple A MMO's out there.

Edited by Fezra

So I bought the game early... I also applied a game card pretty much the same day they were available for sale... but I don't see any email yet and I am now 3 days into my 60 day game card...

:mad:

you should be mad, at yourself, for never learning reading comprehension...maybe try and re-read it and see what important detail you may have missed (like the fact that they say it may take up to 7 days for it to appear.)

Whichever department was responsible for determining and approving the timing of this "Founding Member" release should be let go ASAP for a severe lack of common sense.

Even if the intentions were genuine and this promotion is not ad-hoc damage control procedures due to Patch 1.1, it screams "desperation" by appearance.

I don't understand why people are bent out of shape about having to sub to get the title. Like the people complaining that they don't get the title just for testing beta.

If you're not going to sub to the game... why do you care?

How about people that already bought the game before release and paid months in advance when they activated their accounts? You know, the ones who are REALLY responsible for EAware and ToR's successful launch.