Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

GabeAmatangelo

There is no huge valor gain by attacking other players on ilum.

People who said they were gaining 1k valor per whatever, are talking crap.

the max was 70 valor per player kill.

At most you would have got a few valor levels since the 1.1 patch.

Stop talking crap, there doesnt need to be a rollback.

My guildmate went from 40 to 55+ this afternoon in valor ranking..fact.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much like the trolls giving lip service and spreading untrue rumors or saying they are unsubbing.

Which is more legitimate? Cause apparently a player can say something and hundreds of people will believe them without trying it themself, but a developer can say the opposite and people will say "I want proof" :p

Rather than attacking me, how about you just disprove what I said.

Disprove the screenshots.

Disprove the videos

Disprove the issues people have been experiencing.

Oh wait, you cannot, so you can only troll someone that is telling people to stop spending their money on a product they are not happy with.

Our intended design for Ilum Open World PvP is that players are instantly killed when entering the enemy’s base safe area, just like in Warzones, and that the defending faction can take taxis to other points within the zone. As of Game Update 1.1, this is not working as intended. We have found the issue preventing this from happening under server load and will be publishing an Emergency Patch to address the issue. We’re aiming to have this patch published early tomorrow morning (January 19th, 5 AM US CST).

This is a blatant lie! And an obvious,too.

You never intended a killing zone. Because if you had intended a killing zone, You wouldn't need any turrets.

i repeat: With an intended killing zone, you wouldn't need any turrets!

Don't try to be clever,pal! We are not stupid!

You screwed up!

I was thinking this and only heard the AoC stories, it turned out to be quite good.

SWTOR Free to play for a year while they develop the game? Can we start a petition? Do they deserve our money at the moment to keep playing?

This reminds me of final fantasy 14

Oh dear... I've just been asked to write an article on SWTOR's launch for a major gamesite, deadline middle of February. I'll hold my breath until then. The faction imbalance is bad enough and possibly already causing player exodus on a certain number of servers where playing republic is nigh-impossible (4+ hours grind just for the daily warzone quest). This further exacerbates the problem and may very well spell an irreversible tipping point for SWTOR. I hope that won't be the case, but with Diablo 3, Guild Wars 2, TERA coming up... I don't see there being room for anymore of those glaring mistakes.

Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to be clear and let you all know that we’re definitely aware of individuals who took extreme advantage of this situation and we will be carefully evaluating and taking action as necessary.

There's a limit on how much ******** one person can take.

Bioware has proven over and over that they look the other way when it comes to exploiters.

Remember early access. Where people were deliberately leaving warzones so that it would close and reward the opposing faction. Taking turns on doing this. Gaining levels and valor rank much faster than intended.

Remember the Credit exploit?. They got hit with a few day ban but got to keep the credits.

And now this..

I seriously hope you take a major hit in subscriptions.. I know that I'm only one subscription but hopefully I am one in many.

Even if today's BS was exaggerated, the broken system was still there and exploited, and BW doing nothing about it shows only how they will handle future issues

As a Jedi Guardian I not only have to work 10x harder (because I have a ****** class) to get to rank 50, yet Imps (who already have it easy) have gone from rank 40 to 55 in under an hour. It's a joke.

It's like my luck couldn't get any worse. The past 18 pvp bags gave me no epics, then I got an epic (bracers which I already owned) then went another 10 bags with nothing, then finally an epic (again -- bracers that I already owned). And now next time I log I have to put up with Battlemaster operatives 1 shotting me?

Tell me about it...

Jedi Sentinel who has gotten 5 helmets, 4 gloves, and still no chestpiece, main-hand, or boots. Being a knight is tough enough without every Sith having Battlemaster. Had a stretch of 30 bags with no gear tokens.

If we weren't intended to go in the enemies base, then why can we? Was it not tested at all? Either you are incompetent or lying or both. I won't be paying any more $ for this reason. Edited by Borkoo

You never intended a killing zone. Because if you had intended a killing zone, You wouldn't need any turrets.

You screwed up!

Quoted for the truth

You screwed up!

This is true, this was never the case pre-1.1 either. Just check out

You screwed up!

hahaha man, its funny cos your 100% correct :D

But!

This game has voiceover for everything, which makes it amazing!

BW devs:

Beta

Beta (named after the second letter of the Greek alphabet) is the software development phase following alpha. It generally begins when the software is feature complete. Software in the beta phase will generally have many more bugs in it than completed software, as well as speed/performance issues. The focus of beta testing is reducing impacts to users, often incorporating usability testing.

Though it wasn't my favorite game, Rift would have had this fixed by now. I really got spoiled by the dev staff for that game and their communication.. I'm feeling more like the EQ days and dealing with Sony again.

People can argue that it's not a bug, and I tend to agree.. but the Illum thing is certainly broken right now and the people that are farming are if NOTHING else, eploiting a ****** patch. I can't beleive they don't have the ability to close a zone down - and I certainly cant believe there has been no official (solid) mention of putting things (valor) right.

I've greatly enjoyed this game - but I too am staring very hard at the cancel button. Maybe try again 6 months down the road when I don't feel like I'm being taken advantage of.

*sigh*

You screwed up!

Exactly.

Just like them talking about punishing "extreme cases". They aren't going to do anything. Even if they did something, a ridiculous amount of players got a massive advantage today.

My account is going to remain inactive for now. Customer service is too poor and the gameplay now is not worth it.

Ilum is flawed in its design, how can you not acknoweledge that? These are the issues that matters:

1) Faction imbalance kills Ilum. No reps will go there anymore and Imps will just hang out doing nothing;

2) Controlling Ilum or any bas means NOTHING;

3) Even if people go to Ilum to grind valor until they hit 65, why would they go there after they cap and have all the gear?

This is how to solve your problems, AND YOU SHOULD PAY ME FOR THIS INFORMATION

1) Create a neutral faction that can be joined only by Empire characters once they hit level 50. Lore-wise it could be a Hutt cartel, or just a bunch of rebels who despise the Sith code;

2 and 3) Just implement an instanced 16man Operation (raid). Whoever controls Ilum has access to it to gain unique loot and have access to unique vendors (copy WoW's Wintergrasp ffs).

If you do this you will have a lot of players coming back to the game, including myself. Otherwise, watch your game die. And for all Mythic devs: remember WAR... wanna fail again?

When i hitted 50 i was champion, i leveled all my way in Warzones and my server its full of premades 24/7 and reaching 60 was a pain fighthing always premades.

Stop thinking you know everything.

This patch sucked and the fix sucked more because nobody cares about ilum.

Pvpers want fair and fun fights, and Zerging its not that.

Edited by Trineda
removed quote

1.1 Ilum was an egregious mistake that betrays a fundamental lack of understanding of your own game systems. Your sparse and casual approach to communicating with your players regarding this issue solidifies the fact that you do not understand the significance of your mistake. The damage you have done to the confidence of the PvP community can't be overstated, nor can the damage you have done to the integrity of the PvP system. You will lose subscriptions, and you should.

Notice they are still refusing to address the population issues?

In addition to these changes, we’ll be reducing the population cap on Ilum. This should help increase performance by requiring your client to render fewer characters on-screen at once.

They don't care that everyone plays Empire, they just care that they play at all.

I'm very interested how you little smartie would suggest justifying a rollback to all the ones that didn't even set foot on PvP and got their progression today in an absolutely legitimate way.

Do try. Make me laugh. :rolleyes:

They already said they're gonna look into those that take advantage of the issue too far, that's all you're gonna get and that's all that's warranted.

Demanding a rollback is laughable. Get this through your thick heads or just quit. Your puy numbers won't eve make a dent on this game's population.

A necessary evil. You explain to them that losing 1 day of progression pales in comparison to PvPers losing weeks of progression relative to their peers. You explain how far too many accounts chose to exploit this turret bug and spawn camp their enemy's base to possibly hope to properly deal with all of them on an individual basis through bans. You spin it so that the exploiters are the bad guys. If so many players hadn't chosen to abuse this exploit, the roll back wouldn't be necessary.

You also explain how PvP gear is applicable in PvE situations as well, which means BioWare has not just broken PvP progression, but also PvE progression, and that is simply unacceptable.

-Macheath.