Instant Valor Rank 100s, full game rollback needed

Zaodon

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to this patch, I just change my subscription from 6-month to 1-month. I will give BW another month to show me they have a clue. I will do FP and Warzone in the next month. But if Ilum is still unplayable for Republic in a month, I'm gone.

canceled.

That's silly. NPCs should never give PvP experience (i.e. valor). It should only come from killing players or completely quests involving the killing of players. Furthermore, there should be diminishing returns to discourage spawn camping.

A+B=clearly you should be a developer.

I don't know who thought awarding PvP points for farming NPCs was a good idea but the idea (no matter how few points are earned) undermines the very concept of PvP. PvP is about fighting opposing PLAYERS.

Diminishing returns are critical to limit the impact of farming folks, particularly at spawn points.

The idea that there are A) no diminishing returns on valor B) rewards for killing NPCs and C) no diminishing returns on valor for killing NPCs just suggests incompetence on someone's part. This doesn't really smell like a minor screw up... someone just has no idea *** they are doing.

False, its not killing players.

The exploit is killing the Turrets, which give 100s of valor per kill, respawn instantly, and have no diminishing returns.

Everyone knows this was probably a screw up. Anyone that continued to do it without submitting a bug report should be insta banned.

Simple SOLUTION!

People taking advantage of accidental mistakes is what ruins MMO's. Mistakes happen and the community needs to help FIX the problems instead of taking advantage of them.

I don't know who thought awarding PvP points for farming NPCs was a good idea but the idea (no matter how few points are earned) undermines the very concept of PvP. PvP is about fighting opposing PLAYERS.

^ This 1000 times over.

Was valor rank 20 on my level 20 IMPS alt and now almost two hours of being AFK while I read the forums and I am now now valor rank 42!, this is a huge fail of a patch I feel sorry for myself getting my main to high ranks and I can sit being AFK as a IMP and gain valor like crazy, only thing that can fix this is a server rollback as of 12 midnight.

Was valor rank 20 on my level 20 IMPS alt and now almost two hours of being AFK while I read the forums and I am now now valor rank 42!, this is a huge fail of a patch I feel sorry for myself getting my main to high ranks and I can sit being AFK as a IMP and gain valor like crazy, only thing that can fix this is a server rollback as of 12 midnight.

I don't believe you seeing as valor is capped at your level.

Its already happened, all you do is afk in Ilum near the base while people kill the Turrets, which are currently bugged and giving 100s of valor per kill, respawn instantly, and have no diminishing returns.

How is that rock you were under all day?

You realize that some of us are at work, sleeping, take care of real life situations so we are not available to be spamming the forums all day looking for changes or waiting for the latest QQ thread, right?

There is a problem, it has been identified, and it will be fixed. Being a former hardcore player, you folks really need to take a chill pill. Taking your aggression out on the community is not the way to do it, nor is flaming BioWare. Oversights in programming happen all the time, if people had some semblance of this there wouldn't be so much crying.

lol ... seriously.

Could Bioware officially have the worst launch since Vanguard?

The launch was fine, worked smooth! It is all the horrible exploitable PvP bugs they keep implementing!

First they are like 2-3 weeks to late with a 50 bracket, and then they even make something I thought Couldn't get worse, just that, worse!

From a broken system, to a system that Awards (and then we mean HUGELY awards) the over-populated side.

I'm with the OP on this. We need a full valor rank/gear reset. Nothing else can save the PvP at this moment.

Pretty sure they have the prepatch server database backups. If they don't this is some f'd up s.it. My question is, if they perform a rollback will the valor I gain as a legit rep player remain or will it be gone as well??

It will be gone as well. So dont play any more.

I will personally not even touch the game until this is fixed! And I wont re-sub again until it's that either.

Bioware thought they would assure people would stay past 20th with this content patch? Well I bet they just lost about half their subscribers (or rather soon, if we dont get an immediate statement of a fix).

You realize that some of us are at work, sleeping, take care of real life situations so we are not available to be spamming the forums all day looking for changes or waiting for the latest QQ thread, right?

There is a problem, it has been identified, and it will be fixed. Being a former hardcore player, you folks really need to take a chill pill. Taking your aggression out on the community is not the way to do it, nor is flaming BioWare. Oversights in programming happen all the time, if people had some semblance of this there wouldn't be so much crying.

I am really not so sure it will be fixed. Sure the core of the problem (the actual exploit) might be fixed in a day, or a few weeks. But by then even more will have rolled empire for the free valor ranks. And all the 50's will be valor rank 100 since long.

This exploit have officially broken the game, and a full reset is the only actual shot they have of fixing it.

But, knowing BW/EA they will just spit out a arrogant excuse, thanking us for the patience and ignore the problem.

I had some Real faith in BW, but they just keep proving that they should have stuck with their RPG's.

+1 for working adults and a general level of understanding and patience.

Oh stop it already.

This is not an "oversight". This is utter incompetence on display. Nothing about Ilum has been mysterious or unpredictable. Even were the turrets not giving Valor it would still be a horrible, broken piece of crap.

It will be gone as well. So dont play any more.

I will personally not even touch the game until this is fixed! And I wont re-sub again until it's that either.

Bioware thought they would assure people would stay past 20th with this content patch? Well I bet they just lost about half their subscribers (or rather soon, if we dont get an immediate statement of a fix).

^ This. I logged out and won't bother to log back in until they sort this **** out. I mean, I'm monitoring no more than 6 threads and the e-mail notifications keep ticking in pretty much every other second lol.

I also know of at least one major gaming site that is doing an article on the patch and its epic level of fail, BW is pretty much forced to do something unless they want bad PR + hordes of peeps to cancel their sub. I guess gaming website employees play games too lol.

Edited by darthtoph

/thread

Not only these issue's but also the Valor gained through actual pvp dwarfs that of what you can get in warzones, something needs to be toned down quite a bit and brought in line. I support a valor reset for today, although some other people I know will be quite upset to have to grind out 59-60 again.

more help for the imp scum.. like they didnt already had none.. lol...

time to cancel i guess.

Your bad! Republic has so many tools that are OP compared to empire characters. I am a Battlemaster and I have been pvp'n since beta (yes I can say that now, no NDA). I know a thing or two about imbalance *cough* "Grav Round" *cough*.