Game virtually unplayable now, can't even tell when my cooldowns are on properly.

SunwindIon

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so paid Bioware employees (QA testers) shouldn't have caught this glaring issue?
Do they have QA testers, most places really don't if they have a PTR. Does Bioware do unit testing? No idea. However after taking a tour of Blizzard, they stated that they don't do any unit testing... which made some of us UI authors sort of look at each other and go... wow. But then again that is why things tend to stay on their PTR for long periods of time and it is always "It's done when its done". Edited by DarkSeverance

Yesterday, my timing for hitting specials was automatic. Same buttons on a certain order with automatic timing after a month playing.

Today? I think I have broken atleast 3 numbers buttons from repeatedley smasging then in frustration.

this was introduced to help people see if procs were available for use, why they could not show a proc icon around your char like Rift and WoW does is beyond me - they seem to want you to have to stare at your quickslot bars.

I don't get it. You can still tell when an ability's on cooldown.

I have to wonder how many of these complaints are coming from people who are reading the notes without actually playing.

Sure, it's not as obvious as it was, but you can still tell.

Been playing all morning, and I have NO idea what the problem is here...I see no difference. Had no issues reading my cds and activating abilities.

This, are people not seeing the blue bar on the ability?

You cannot tell when abilities with cd's 1 minute or over can be used or whether they still have around 10 seconds left to go before coming of CD... the longer the dool down for the ability the harder it gets to see. The fact you have not noticed may be more indicative of how you play the game as opposed to whether it is a problem for the wider community.

Edited by Aedgyth

For what it's worth:

TOR's story has so far kept me engaged despite its (in my opinion) somewhat clunky-feeling combat system. I'm referring to the infamous "ability delay" issues.

The latest update seriously exacerbates the problem of unresponsive combat by making it difficult to tell in the heat of battle which abilities are available and which are on cooldown.

As things stand now, I am getting more frustration than joy out of TOR's basic gameplay (combat).

I'll happily resubscribe when progress is made towards making combat feel more smooth, precise and responsive. Cheers!

Hope to be back in-game soon.

What do you guys think to pass the time... KOTOR or Republic Commando? :rolleyes:

I agree with the OP. This is completely ridiculous. At the very least, this should be an option in Preferences. I was having not problems with the UI before, now I can't even look at the environment because I spend the whole game squinting (and still misjudging) my long cooldowns.

This is enough to make me quit until it's fixed. I was loving the game, but now hate it.

Holgar

For what it's worth:

TOR's story has so far kept me engaged despite its (in my opinion) somewhat clunky-feeling combat system. I'm referring to the infamous "ability delay" issues.

The latest update seriously exacerbates the problem of unresponsive combat by making it difficult to tell in the heat of battle which abilities are available and which are on cooldown.

As things stand now, I am getting more frustration than joy out of TOR's basic gameplay (combat).

I'll happily resubscribe when progress is made towards making combat feel more smooth, precise and responsive. Cheers!

Hope to be back in-game soon.

What do you guys think to pass the time... KOTOR or Republic Commando? :rolleyes:

The answer is always KOTOR.

Honestly I wish they would put an option in the menu that would show you a numerical value for the CD's rather than a graphical one.

This, so much this! I would kill for actually precise information regarding the status of my cooldowns, not some night-worthless fading of the buttons, that doesn't convey you anything at all in terms of how many seconds you actually have until the ability comes up.

Same for buffs/debuffs.

Or give us UI mod support so the community themselves can fix this sorry excuse for an interface.

Nothing but more complaints from people that have a hard time adjusting.

I've had no problem so far.

You know, just be cause you do not have a problem, does not mean one does not exist for others. I am colorblind, the distinct shift from gray to colored was still noticible to me though. Now, I find myself prematurely clicking cooldowns when they have 8 or so sec left becuase they look to be off cooldown but I cannot tell without mousing over and taking my attention away from what I am doing to look at the tooltip, or just waste the effort clicking when it is not ready when I could be using a more important ability.

Can we please have an option to use the new or old style cooldown indication for the icons? What is wrong with having options? What was wrong with grayed out? I am sure someone thought that was broken, but why fix the problem for some to break it for others? Just make it a toggle in the options.

Edited by MDONINESIX

Some say this is not a problem. Was it a problem to begin with?

Try fixing some real UI problems that the community has been crying for.

Better yet, open the UI for public modding and just let us fix it how we want to and save yourself the time and resources.