Game virtually unplayable now, can't even tell when my cooldowns are on properly.

SunwindIon

why call someone names ?

it seems to be a pvp centered problem ?

have not loged in since the new patch.

It's not a pvp centered problem, it's anything with a CD on it.

Any and ALL abilities are permanently lit up now, even if they're on CD.

If you have long-cd abilities, like 2 mins or 3 mins, the timer displayed in the window is so small, that you feel as if you should be able to queue it for your next strike. Fact is, that ability still has 15 seconds left on it's CD, and you won't know it unless you mouse-over the button and read it, because the ability is lit up as if you could use it.

Big, big problem, across the board. Terrible design, needs reversion immediately. I play seamlessly, there is never a wasted GCD, and in 2 hours of playtime today I feel as if I'm playing with 2 broken hands. It is SO clunky now. I've been on the fence about resubbing, and I will not resub if there is no response to this by the 20th. Absolutely terrible combat system.

Edited by mattdell

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What baffles me is if they wanted people to be able to distinguish between skills not being available due to cooldowns and skills not being available due to other conditions, WHY didn't they just give those other conditions a red tinge to distinguish it from the grey tinge for cooldowns?

As for being able to see when a proc ability is ready for use during GCD, I agree that that is now much improved and it's mainly the longer skill-specific cooldowns that have suffered.

So WHY not separate GCD and skill-specific cooldowns and make skills affected by a skill-specific cooldown greyed out as they were before, while leaving all the skills only affected by a GCD fully lit up as they are now?

So in summary:

skills affected by GCD => no change in color of the skill icon (current cooldown display)

skills affected by a skill-specific cooldown => greyed out (pre-1.1 cooldown display)

skills unuseable due to other conditions => display with a red tinge

All skills should ofcourse still display the cooldown timer running down, but that's seperate from the coloring and greying out of the skills.

Edited by Amarinth

What baffles me is if they wanted people to be able to distinguish between skills not being available due to cooldowns and skills not being available due to other conditions, WHY didn't they just give those other conditions a red tinge to distinguish it from the grey tinge for cooldowns?

As for being able to see when a proc ability is ready for use during GCD, I agree that that is now much improved and it's mainly the longer skill-specific cooldowns that have suffered.

So WHY not separate GCD and skill-specific cooldowns and make skills affected by a skill-specific cooldown greyed out as they were before, while leaving all the skills only affected by a GCD fully lit up as they are now?

So in summary:

skills affected by GCD => no change in color of the skill icon (current cooldown display)

skills affected by a skill-specific cooldown => greyed out (pre-1.1 cooldown display)

skills unuseable due to other conditions => display with a red tinge

All skills should ofcourse still display the cooldown timer running down, but that's seperate from the coloring and greying out of the skills.

Entirely too complicated. There was nothing wrong with the design before. Pre 1.1 is how MMO combat with CD/GCD interaction should be. Grayed out until it's ready. This is a terrible design choice that is (according to the forums) a very unwelcomed change.

Could you link the original thread where people asked for this to be fixed before? Also, even if there were people complaining about their reactive abilities being greyed out during GCD, how is this a good fix for THAT problem? This "fix" seems to be causing a whole host of new problems of its own. Why wouldn't the fix have been some sort of special indicator on reactive abilities only?

How is one issue a whole host? Stop with this incessent exaggeration. The problem with the new cool down animation is that you can't tell how much time is left period. And for ablities with long cool downs, the cool down animation is so thin you can easily not notice it. That's one issue not a whole host.

I played for an hour and didnt notice it till I came to the forums and read about it. Now that I'm aware of it, it is bothersome, but its certainly not game breaking. You press the same series of buttons, in the same order / time as you did yesterday. The same way youve been doing it before...

I played for an hour and didnt notice it till I came to the forums and read about it. Now that I'm aware of it, it is bothersome, but its certainly not game breaking. You press the same series of buttons, in the same order / time as you did yesterday. The same way youve been doing it before...

Except when you want to play to your potential seconds matter. And the new cooldown display makes you wonder 4 seconds if your ability is off cd or not which is extremely frustrating. To the point I have no desire to do any combat.

Edited by vandana_

No, EA isn't paying me to test the game.

That's all on you, then. The reason Puclic Test Servers exist are to get feedback from the community at large. More people looking for a problem means it's found quicker and resolved faster. Input from the community can help greatly improve testing done for new features and content. You're just lazy, with your reply being, "Well, I could have helped to improve the game, but they don't pay me to, so I'm just going to continue complaining." Get off your *** (figuratively) and do something. If you're ignored by BioWare after having submitted feedback, then you have a more legitimate reason to complain.

That's all on you, then. The reason Puclic Test Servers exist are to get feedback from the community at large. More people looking for a problem means it's found quicker and resolved faster. Input from the community can help greatly improve testing done for new features and content. You're just lazy, with your reply being, "Well, I could have helped to improve the game, but they don't pay me to, so I'm just going to continue complaining." Get off your *** (figuratively) and do something. If you're ignored by BioWare after having submitted feedback, then you have a more legitimate reason to complain.

They aren't even listening to feedback on the PTR server. :rolleyes::o

Edited by SunwindIon

Could we at least have the option to toggle this new action bar display off?

I really hate this new version.

I prefer only having things illuminate when they can be activated. The current set up forces you to keep your attention on the action bar to watch for cooldowns & you're not looking at what's happening in the fight, but instead checking to see if there's 1 or 2 blue pixels left at the bottom of the icon.

If abilites only light up when you can use them, as before, then you can watch the fight and only need to pay attention to the action bar in your lower peripheral vision.

Please. Give us the option of using the old version.

Edited by Tenzarin

Put in a very simple option to display a COUNTER on the skill counting down... Then there's no need to observe some grayed out area or some other gibberish.

Have that counter start displaying when there are less then 20 seconds ? perhaps, it's easy to dream up something that other games do since forever. (mostly due to addons.. *cough*)

Thank you.

Could we at least have the option to toggle this new action bar display off?

I really hate this new version.

I prefer only having things illuminate when they can be activated. The current set up forces you to keep your attention on the action bar to watch for cooldowns & you're not looking at what's happening in the fight, but instead checking to see if there's 1 or 2 blue pixels left at the bottom of the icon.

If abilites only light up when you can use them, as before, then you can watch the fight and only need to pay attention to the action bar in your lower peripheral vision.

Please. Give us the option of using the old version.

This. Except I don't want the option to toggle, because the option would be buggy. Revert the change in its entirety.

The fear of change in today's youth is quite amusing.

No the problem is bads such as yourself are so bad that you do not realize how bad you really are. You do not notice this because you are bad. It is broken and it needs to be fixed badly.

that is the biggest issue I have with this game. The bad's have no idea how things should work, so they think we are complaining for no reason.

This situation was fine before and this just shows out of touch BW really are. They just lost themselves a lot of money with this patch. PVP is so broken right now. And yes many many people play pvp over pve in this game. The PVE content is laughable.

Edited by Remidi

I don't understand the reason behind the ability CD change at all.

It worked perfectly fine before. Now, it's entirely too hard to tell at a glance if something is off CD or not. This is especially difficult in the middle of a fast paced pvp fight when just glancing down for a split second. I really hope they revert this.

Did you try the PTR? Did you report it?

I was in months of beta, filing countless bug reports that all got ignored.

I'm not going to pay money to continue testing things, and submitting bug reports that get ignored.

I'll keep playing, but not on the PTR.

If they can't have enough common sense in their developers to not make stupid changes, then I won't have to worry about it for very long.

Edited by EJedi