Game virtually unplayable now, can't even tell when my cooldowns are on properly.

SunwindIon

Current CD slider is horrible compared to old all greyed out icon. For short CD abilities its not so bad, but for long CD abilities its really hard to see when that last millimeter runs out. Change it back please.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are they working so hard into making the game less and less playable?

First we have the insanely annoying ability delays, that makes you click and nothing happens over and over.

Also GCD is set too high, it's not like we are gods anyway, and the only thing you could spam faster on a lower GCD is the free standard no resource use ability.

Everything else has cooldown or cost something to use.

Why the hell would they change it so the ability is always lighted up even when on cooldown.

the little graphical thing that lowers for each second doesn't say WHEN it is up for use again.

Why the hell not have the ability on cool down grayed out like normal, cause when it lit's up we know exactly when to use it.

Although since the abilities have lag we are still left with waiting for the damn thing to work.

I want ANY ability available to activate instantly whether I have any other active.

It is ME that is control not the game, if I want to waste a channeled ability or anything else it is up to me.

I just want a responsive game with proper user interface that tells me EXACTLY when an ability is up for use.

These are my only pet-peeves right now that actually HAS to be fixed:

1. Ability delay

2. High-res textures

3 Now we can add the "graying out the ability and then lit it up when ready again" to the list.

Two are detrimental to game play, the other for beauty of the game.

Well they say gameplay > graphics.

Sure but what happens when BOTH are affected?????

I'm not beta testing this game, I'm paying for it. Beta is supposedly over.

THIS times a thousand. We are paying for this. If i'm running around in Skyrim and a dragon bursts out of my chest and literally takes a dump on me while playing poker with other dragons, you can't say "well you didn't test this to make sure it works right."

You don't walk into a restaurant and order a 60 dollar steak, it taste like **** and is burnt when you asked for medium rare, and have the server tell you "Well you should have been there when the cow was being conceived."

You people seriously need to remember you are paying for this. "Well WoW, and WAR, and (insert ****** mmo here) were buggy when they launched too!" Yeah. WoW released 7 years ago, with years before that in development. This game has been in development for years, 7 years after the most successful mmo launched. It's called learning from competitors mistakes, not repeating them. Im not tech expert, but im pretty sure there have been plenty of advancements in technology since all those other MMOS launched.

You don't release new content when the stuff you have is still broke. Ever heard a cell phone company say this? "Well your service is down every tuesday for 7 hours, then we'll have to do unexpected maintenance probably every other day during the week, but we are gonna go ahead and release 9G now. Oh, and we are gonna require you to keep paying your standard amount for the duration."

TL;DR- Customer Service and Product Quality are not hard.

This is HILARIOUS. The old way you complained, the new way you complain. I have no problem all at telling if a skill is on cd or not..

You sir are a prize ****.

We mentioned that reactives (you know what those are right?) were hidden by the GCD, and wanted those (just those, nothing else, just those) taken off the animation. Not bloody everything!

No I can't say I have this issue, as all my abilities, have the cool down time listed in each abilities tooltip. So I know my 2 minute cool down ability will be ready in 2 minutes, not 5.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D oh dear, someone with a sense of humour at least.... sorry, what's that ? Your serious ? :eek: oh dear.... :rolleyes:

This is HILARIOUS. The old way you complained, the new way you complain. I have no problem all at telling if a skill is on cd or not..

a) Nobody complained about the old way that I can recall.

b) Just because YOU don't have a problem does not mean there is no problem for some. Just as those of us who have a problem do not speak for the whole community, you who have no problem don't either.

c) There were not numerous posts with multiple pages complaining about the old greyed out cooldown display, seems to indicate this did more to break than fix a problem.

d) If it does not bother you, then you have nothing to worry about. If it did not bother you before the change, then you really have no purpose being in this thread other than to troll becuase you have no vested interest in this as it does not impact your game play. It does impact ours, we would like to see it addressed.

You are just a *********** troll.

Edited by MDONINESIX

You're right about the problem thing. But still, eventually they will get around it if they actually put some work in it.

I have no complaints with it atm since WoW is boring while this is not. Nevertheless, it's your call. Really you'll always find something to complain about after all but that's just a common thing, depends on Bioware if they're actually going to put some work in it or just sit back and milk this cow till it's possible.

please change it back!!

If you play IA and have to interrupt mobs spell as soon as distraction is off Cooldown, you will know what I mean.

For instance, fighting Elite Robot that constantly use Channeling missile - we have to constantly interrupt as it deals so much damage. I spent so much time pressing the key before I realize that it's still on CD =(

Agree. Also noticed it yesterday and it was better befor. Longer cooldowns (all above 15 sec) are realy hard to identify, i dont wanna move my mouse all the time over these abilities to see sthe remaining time.

this is bioware first great improvement to the UI. More to come.

We are dedicated to creating the perfect mmo experience.

Same with llum. We hope all empire players had fun facerolling the republic. More exciting updates to come.

We are dedicated to creating the perfect mmo pvp experience.

Edited by Redsuns_

Bahhh, you are exagerrating

I just play with my buddy.. i use the keyboard to move / use skills and he uses the mouse, hoovering over skills with cd and telling me what to press now.

Works like a charm.

It also is good solution for ilum, we stand in the middle of 200 imps attacking 5 repub and he targets closest reps with a mouse (as tab targeting is screwed) and I press 1 for my autoattack.. Lovely

We are gonna farm 100 lvl valor today and I get War Master for my hard hard hard work..

Great game BW. Please deliver more 100 mm usd projects like that. Its The Comedy of the year.. You should get Oscar for that.

Besides the cd problem i got the loading screen picture popping up quite frequently and sometimes it stays up for about 3 seconds, very irritating.

Thas so your abilities have time to come off cooldown and you don't accidentally click them too soon. It blanks your screen out to give them time to countdown while you are not looking. Ideally, when you get your screen back, everything is ready to press again.

God forbid people feedback to make the game a better place. I forgot that once these games are released it's a sin to ask for anything to be fixed...

You call "Game virtually unplayable now" feedback?

I don't think the OP knows what "virtually" or "unplayable" mean...

God forbid people feedback to make the game a better place. I forgot that once these games are released it's a sin to ask for anything to be fixed...

"Game virtually unplayable now" Is not good feedback, its a whine.

1. The game is indeed playable, people just don't adjust well.

2. This could of been worded in a bit more detail to explain the problem because honestly I haven't noticed anything different with the cooldowns, so it must not be THAT big of a deal.

"Game virtually unplayable now" Is not good feedback, its a whine.

1. The game is indeed playable, people just don't adjust well.

2. This could of been worded in a bit more detail to explain the problem because honestly I haven't noticed anything different with the cooldowns, so it must not be THAT big of a deal.

Agreed. :jawa_tongue: