Game virtually unplayable now, can't even tell when my cooldowns are on properly.

SunwindIon

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read a lot of complaints about this today. I'm assuming the issue people are having with it now is that it's hard to tell when the cooldown is up when the little screen is nearing the bottom? I like it this way more than before, but UI customization would be nice for those who don't. Look forward to March, if you're still around, for 1.2...

agree. Only logical reason I can think of is when trying to fix the ability delay they broke hotbar CDs and can't figure out how to fix both things. Hence a suspicious "feature" no one asked for that can't be toggled off. Edited by fleckeos

I've read a lot of complaints about this today. I'm assuming the issue people are having with it now is that it's hard to tell when the cooldown is up when the little screen is nearing the bottom? I like it this way more than before, but UI customization would be nice for those who don't. Look forward to March, if you're still around, for 1.2...

What? Did they mention anything?

So many unconstructive posts in this thread. Go home you old people and realize that people like their MMO to cater to them not the other way around.

/rant off

That aside, i totally agree with OP. Its screwing up my rotation so much >_<

personaly althoygh i like the new way of showing the refil of the abilities , the truth is that on the end of them i cant tell if they are ready or nearing readiness...

I caught myself several times clicking on an ability that showed as if its ready but actuallty needed 1-2 more secs..

So a graphical way to show when its actually ready would be great! (like a small green dot the uper side of the icon, or a 1 second flashing of the ability when its ready to use , something like that.

Please get rid of this feature...it's annoying and pointless...when I'm in PvP trying to use something with a 1min cooldown and I still have 8seconds left but can't see that! And wheras before I could see when someone was in my 10m range because the abilities used to light up...THEY DON'T NOW! So I'm ewasting my flamethrower on air...thank you very much!!!

Is this just a way to hide the fact tthat sometimes when you're clicking a cooled down ability, it won't actually work, and this new graphical style means you can get away with it more easily rather than fixing the bug in the first place?

Edited by CypherDiez

surely everybody notices this? how did it get past testing? what a massive joke.

it looks better at first but then when a cooldown is nearly up you can't tell if it has 3 seconds left or 10 secs, i'm constantly clicking abilities that look like they're off cooldown and it's just horrendous.

No I can't say I have this issue, as all my abilities, have the cool down time listed in each abilities tooltip. So I know my 2 minute cool down ability will be ready in 2 minutes, not 5.

I have written a separate thread which outlines the UI improvements that I believe will correct cooldown display and reduce the attention to UI frames instead of the action.

Hopefully we can generate additional suggestions (despite the assault of meaningless threads flooding this forum!)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=200452

Note: The post is meant to be constructive (no meaningless complaints).

surely everybody notices this? how did it get past testing? what a massive joke.

it looks better at first but then when a cooldown is nearly up you can't tell if it has 3 seconds left or 10 secs, i'm constantly clicking abilities that look like they're off cooldown and it's just horrendous.

>game is unplayable

>can't be arsed to actually look at cooldowns

>can still play game

No I can't say I have this issue, as all my abilities, have the cool down time listed in each abilities tooltip. So I know my 2 minute cool down ability will be ready in 2 minutes, not 5.

Unfortunately, when you're spamming the ability button in a high-stress, active environment, like in PvP, I prefer not to turn away from the screen, check to see how lon...oh great I'm in the acid and dying because I wasn't paying attention, I was trying to find out if the ability wasn't working, as it used to do before, or if it just hadn't cooled down yet.

Personally, I'd love to see something like having the buttons half as dark if they're on cooldown... so the ones you're out of range for (or whatever) are the current "grayed out" shade, the ones on cooldown are slightly dimmer, and the ones that are ready are all lit up. It'd give us more information than we had pre-patch, but I think it'd help on those really long-cooldown abilities where it really can be a bit difficult to tell if they're good to go or not.

A number superimposed on them would work too.

I wouldn't call it "unplayable" though. That's a pretty obvious overstatement.

Edited by imtrick