Subscription numbers!

Papazooki

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it didn't.

Rift launched with a LOT of bugs, balancing issues and server instability. And is still riddled with bugs.

WoW? rofl. Ever content patch, ever expansion they break something huge. Like the LFR bug on the last content update - that was found while beta testing and still launhed with it rofl.

I seem to remember Rift actually being buggy as hell. Even their first live event was so bad the developers had to kill the boss because players weren't even able to do anything. Rift was te smoothest launch I've ever seen, but WTOR hasn't been to bad. The /roll feature missing made me scratch my head a bit.

We won't even get into WoW. I still have nightmares of that. My fav was falling through the floor of Strat. When it was one of the few (think there were 3 at launch) end game dungeons around.

How many subs do you think are ACTIVE right now?

How many subs do you think will be active after the 20th?

They may well have a million active subs, and after the 20th, well without any other new mmo immediately available, I dont think they will lose more than 20%, its more of an issue when there is something else new and more interesting available to play, bioware probably has 3 months max to perform major miracles & grow the game..:rolleyes:

I seem to remember Rift actually being buggy as hell. Even their first live event was so bad the developers had to kill the boss because players weren't even able to do anything. Rift was te smoothest launch I've ever seen, but WTOR hasn't been to bad. The /roll feature missing made me scratch my head a bit.

We won't even get into WoW. I still have nightmares of that. My fav was falling through the floor of Strat. When it was one of the few (think there were 3 at launch) end game dungeons around.

Rift was buggy. It may have not been as buggy but I do think there is a lot of subjective experience involved with how people take bugs when they occur as well not everyone gets a lot of bugs. (In Tor I've experience very few and the ones I have have been super minor)

Rift still has bugs.

They are still fixing a few bugs that have been around forever and are always fixing bugs that occur when they add things.

Doubt we'll see 1.1 before the 20th. I was worried they would pull something like this. I really hope they drop it before the 20th, but why should they, they need to throw a bone to gather some subscribers. Which makes far more sense to release 1.1 *after* the 20th.

zero bugs and what condition this game is like saying no video game ever released with a bugs. bugs are one thing but the amount of bugs this game has and the stuff tha tis missing is well ..... full stop.

FYI Rift came pretty close to a bug free release. So did most of WoWs expansion releases.

Tell that to the people who were in the first event they did :)

Seriously Rift is the exception that proves the rule. It was a very smooth release and a good MMO.

This has been a relatively smooth release and you can't complain about that. If bugs really annoy you that much just never get an MMO on launch, it will save you some personal grief.

On another note, why do you seem to need validation for not liking the game? Sure you don't like it, not to say other don't. I have been really enjoying my time on it as have my mates.

Right now everyone who bought the game has an active subscription.

After the 20th I think maybe 500-700k will be left. After 3 months maybe 300-500k will be left.

this is my prediction also in 3 months.....i am gonna bookmark this.

I think that TOR is a game that will grow (hopefully reach a million in a few months, then two million in a year or so). The major problem with it is the ability delay and long loading screens, and ability delay is something we know for sure is going to get fixed 'soon'.

TOR's reputation hasn't been ruined by any means, from what I've seen with my 'gamer' friends, and I really hope that the game gets better and not worse.

Of course, if it does end up dying in a few months, that would suck (since I've been enjoying the game) - I just don't think that it will be the case.

Think for a moment, they announced they had 1 mill subs, why wouldn't they announce if they hit 2?

Stop pulling numbers out of nowhere.

Since we're digging up old threads, this number wasn't pulled out of nowhere. They recently announced they reached over 2 million sales.

And if people think "200k-300k" left after this billing cycle, an 80% drop in subscriber base? No way. Last night on a Friday night (when WoW servers are normally dead...) Every server was Standard-Full. Only the Test server was Light.

zero bugs and what condition this game is like saying no video game ever released with a bugs. bugs are one thing but the amount of bugs this game has and the stuff tha tis missing is well ..... full stop.

FYI Rift came pretty close to a bug free release. So did most of WoWs expansion releases.

Rift, yes. Wow, are you freakin serious?!?!?

Since we're digging up old threads, this number wasn't pulled out of nowhere. They recently announced they reached over 2 million sales.

And if people think "200k-300k" left after this billing cycle, an 80% drop in subscriber base? No way. Last night on a Friday night (when WoW servers are normally dead...) Every server was Standard-Full. Only the Test server was Light.

Sales doesn't equal subs. They would have announced "yay look at us 2 million subs" like they did with the 1 million mark. ALL games do this.

No it didn't.

Rift launched with a LOT of bugs, balancing issues and server instability. And is still riddled with bugs.

WoW? rofl. Ever content patch, ever expansion they break something huge. Like the LFR bug on the last content update - that was found while beta testing and still launhed with it rofl.

You don't play wow and clearly haven't since vanilla