Hood On/Off Toggle?

Morniel

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd rather just see some of the models with hood down added , like the imps obviously have and most of the npc's are wearing !?!

the vanishing hood looks stupid on robes ( ok on capes it would make little difference ) and since you're looking at the backside of your character 99% of the time ... well i rather just see the hood beeing down ...

this is apparently the most difficult thing to code in the entire history of MMO's because ive yet to play an MMO in the last 15 years that has managed to make the impossible possible...

....a hood toggle.

If the interface can tell if I'm wearing a helmet or not, and have that checked/unchecked at will, and the coding allows the helmet to appear/disappear, how CAN this be HARD to code?

There are ALREADY hood-down models in the game. Take the hood from ANY of those for the "hood down" graphic and apply the helmet toggle code to hood up/down.

Can some programmer explain why THAT won't work but the helmet toggle is standard in MMOs?

this is apparently the most difficult thing to code in the entire history of MMO's because ive yet to play an MMO in the last 15 years that has managed to make the impossible possible...

....a hood toggle.

Dark Age of Camelot has one, and it came out in 2001.

If the interface can tell if I'm wearing a helmet or not, and have that checked/unchecked at will, and the coding allows the helmet to appear/disappear, how CAN this be HARD to code?

There are ALREADY hood-down models in the game. Take the hood from ANY of those for the "hood down" graphic and apply the helmet toggle code to hood up/down.

Can some programmer explain why THAT won't work but the helmet toggle is standard in MMOs?

I am a programer and a game designer (small one offcourse) The lil' problem with the hood on/off togle (please remember it's just speculation I am NOT saying this is the real case) may be the fact that the meshes used were not optimized for that. Meaning that it might start looking wierd (like the bug on tattoine with e huge green lines from those generators for those who know ). Pixels might stat running around , looking even more horibile. To fix this lil'bugs takes a lot of time of optimizing each and every armor u have . Combine that with the other races and the cutscenes, because in those the detailes are a LOT higher so a lot more room for bugs to appear, and every face feature and we have a HUGE time eater.

Practicaly if it was not designed it the first place like this you must redo everything from charathers and cinematics optimizeing again witch is not only time consuming but also resource consuming , and in this situation i think there are a LOT of other bugs that need fixing than just refining the models.

This is just MY opinion and please feel free to not agree with me.

But still I am also hopeing for this feature in the future :p

Edited by MitzaMike

Yeah sorry I tried to get over this fact, I have postponed playing my JK for ages substituting playing a Sith warrior instead. I refuse to play the JK story when I can barely see my chars face.

I'm going to get flamed for saying this "can I have your stuff" ect but I'm not re subbing. When you are purposely putting off playing the game you want to play because of one silly issue I realise this is not the game for me. BW has taken far too long to address this problem and has countlessly thrown images, videos and npcs to rub it in our faces.

I am a programer and a game designer (small one offcourse) The lil' problem with the hood on/off togle (please remember it's just speculation I am NOT saying this is the real case) may be the fact that the meshes used were not optimized for that. Meaning that it might start looking wierd (like the bug on tattoine with e huge green lines from those generators for those who know ). Pixels might stat running around , looking even more horibile. To fix this lil'bugs takes a lot of time of optimizing each and every armor u have . Combine that with the other races and the cutscenes, because in those the detailes are a LOT higher so a lot more room for bugs to appear, and every face feature and we have a HUGE time eater.

Practicaly if it was not designed it the first place like this you must redo everything from charathers and cinematics optimizeing again witch is not only time consuming but also resource consuming , and in this situation i think there are a LOT of other bugs that need fixing than just refining the models.

I could accept that if not for the fact that every single robe looks just fine when you put on a helmet large enough to force the hood down. The lowered hood simply disappears as it should, it's not a wad of dangling cloth (Something I'm pretty sure none of us want).

The code is already in the game to raise or lower the hood, it simply needs to be made into a toggle.

I could accept that if not for the fact that every single robe looks just fine when you put on a helmet large enough to force the hood down. The lowered hood simply disappears as it should, it's not a wad of dangling cloth (Something I'm pretty sure none of us want).

The code is already in the game to raise or lower the hood, it simply needs to be made into a toggle.

It's not a hood down graphic when you have a helmet on, the hood literally disappears. It's removed from your robe entirely.

Sorry haven't read every post here but wanted to add my voice to this.

As an RPG player I love creating character's; I spend a long time on the character creation screen getting the look I want (within the constraints).

If coding Hood Up/Down toggle is a pain - and I'm not a programmer so I won't challenge what I don't know - then at least create and drop hood down Orange robes for the rest of us, or add hood down mats for Synthweavers. I've only seen hooded Orange robes and while I like hoods, I don't want them all the time. If I have to choose one or t'other, I'd go hood down all the way. Would increase treade on the GTN if nothing else.

Help us OBioware-Kenobi; you are our only hope...

Edited by Koorah

I just wanted to bump this post

I never whine on forums but this issues is just silly and is so easily fixable that i cant undestand why it is not beeing adressed ?

If i put a trooper helmet on PUF my hood is gone, so there is noway this is not copy/paste a few lines of code and call it a day..fix plz :mad:

I see your point, however it is wrong :D

Put on trooper helmet and your hood is gone, so this fix will take like 5min to do.

HOWEVER while the hood is gone its not flipped down just removed, witch i find to be an accepable comprimise.

So no that is no need to redo any gear in any way, the hood CAN be removed by a helmet thats why it kinda ticks me off.

I spend a long time making my chars look just like i want them too, the hood just completely ruins it for me.

....a hood toggle.

WoW had the option to hide your hood same as any other headpiece. What Bioware screwed up is they made the hood a part of your chest piece, independent from the head piece (which you CAN hide).

The code is in there to hide the hood completely (as it does for Twi'lek, Togruta, etc), but I am a little disappointed they completely left out a 'hood down' look. Like in the character creation... it's kind of deceiving since you can NEVER get that specific armor/robe in game.

WoW had the option to hide your hood same as any other headpiece. What Bioware screwed up is they made the hood a part of your chest piece, independent from the head piece (which you CAN hide).

The code is in there to hide the hood completely (as it does for Twi'lek, Togruta, etc), but I am a little disappointed they completely left out a 'hood down' look. Like in the character creation... it's kind of deceiving since you can NEVER get that specific armor/robe in game.

You can if you're a sith warrior. However this for me just adds extra annoyance since their reply of "oh its too hard to implement into the game" is absolute ******** I have it on my own SW. (hood down options not the toggle)

Edited by Tirrallas

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.