3.Yoda

4.Mace Windu

5.Obi wan Kenobi

6.Annakin Skywalker

7.Cyn Drallig

8.Exile

9.Satele Shan

10. Ki Andi Mundi

For Vader/Revan, I'm not putting them on top of both lists because I'd say Revan was mainly a Jedi and Vader was mainly a Sith.

*whew* At least you mentioned maul. I was about to bring out some kind of assault cannon and start mowing down people. Can't forget Maul, seeing as how he's one of the most notable sith. Honestly, he would be like...2 or 3, possibly even #1 in my book. As for jedi...not even noteworthy IMO

Why do you people put Sidious over Vitiate? Power-wise, Vitiate just trumps everyone. He lives for 1400 years, the longest living ever in the whole Star Wars lore, he consumed an entire planet to feed him, and is prepared the consume the entire galaxy to become a god.

I haven't seen any other Jedi master or Sith lord in the movies/EU approach that kind of power...

*whew* At least you mentioned maul. I was about to bring out some kind of assault cannon and start mowing down people. Can't forget Maul, seeing as how he's one of the most notable sith. Honestly, he would be like...2 or 3, possibly even #1 in my book. As for jedi...not even noteworthy IMO

Maul- Most overrated Sith Apprentice.

His story isn't that great, and he had no notable abilities.

Why do you people put Sidious over Vitiate? Power-wise, Vitiate just trumps everyone. He lives for 1400 years, the longest living ever in the whole Star Wars lore, he consumed an entire planet to feed him, and is prepared the consume the entire galaxy to become a god.

I haven't seen any other Jedi master or Sith lord in the movies/EU approach that kind of power...

Read up on SIdious and Luke. Their insane.

Because George Lucas says so.

I don't care what any EU author says, past.. present.. or future.

Maul- Most overrated Sith Apprentice.

His story isn't that great, and he had no notable abilities.

Whaaaaaa?!?!?! :eek:

Have you not read into maul's story at all? He's fantastic! He ran around the black sun empire and took it down singlehandedly! Then, he throws around his force abilities and is slicing and dicing with his dual saber! How is this not notable?

Oh! And he was the mark of the rise of the sith empire, pretty much, in Anakin's era ;)

Whaaaaaa?!?!?! :eek:

Have you not read into maul's story at all? He's fantastic! He ran around the black sun empire and took it down singlehandedly! Then, he throws around his force abilities and is slicing and dicing with his dual saber! How is this not notable?

Oh! And he was the mark of the rise of the sith empire, pretty much, in Anakin's era ;)

I'm saying he's overrated because people make in a higher number than Vader, Bane or, Caedus.

This is ridiculous. How can you compare people in books and comics to the characters in the movies? Books are totally left up to the imagination.

for starters - the characters in the movies who have books made about them are completely based (or should be) on exactly what they were like in the movies.

second - the characters invented in comics, cartoons, books, and video games have more technology available to making them appear cooler than hollywood has gotten so far.

third - based on the movies Darth Sidious and Darth Maul were the best fighters/ Obi-Wan and Darth Vader (OT) were the worst. The best Jedi were Yoda/ and you can argue your case for number 2.

fourth - if you do compare the movie based characters to the books then you have to think that every Sith in the Old Republic Era or the Pure Race of the Sith were the best. (AKA Exar Kun is a great argument or Ajunta Pall). The best Jedi were those who defeated the likes of Malak, Revan, Ragnos etc...

Edited by Gantoris_Aym

This is ridiculous. How can you compare people in books and comics to the characters in the movies? Books are totally left up to the imagination.

for starters - the characters in the movies who have books made about them are completely based (or should be) on exactly what they were like in the movies.

second - the characters invented in comics, cartoons, books, and video games have more technology available to making them appear cooler than hollywood has gotten so far.

third - based on the movies Darth Sidious and Darth Maul were the best fighters/ Obi-Wan and Darth Vader (OT) were the worst. The best Jedi were Yoda/ and you can argue your case for number 2.

fourth - if you do compare the movie based characters to the books then you have to think that every Sith in the Old Republic Era or the Pure Race of the Sith were the best. (AKA Exar Kun is a great argument or Ajunta Pall). The best Jedi were those who defeated the likes of Malak, Revan, Ragnos etc...

Sidious... is the most powerful Sith. Luke is the most powerful Force User. Abeloth is a Dark Side God(But, not sure if she is more powerful than Luke).

I read that Starkiller was canonically considered the most powerful force user. So...da hell?

? Wherever you read that must be lying, Galen Marek is at least ROTJ era Luke perhaps alittle under that(novel wise of course, least imo it looks that way.)

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

? Wherever you read that must be lying, Galen Marek is at least ROTJ era Luke perhaps alittle under that(novel wise of course, least imo it looks that way.)

I disagree, I mean he is nowhere near Luke when Luke was when in his prime. But I think he was more powerful than Pre-Thrawn Trilogy Luke.

I mean he was pretty powerful, just stupid and too conflicted.

Edited by BrandonSM

I disagree, I mean he is nowhere near Luke when Luke was when in his prime. But I think he was more powerful than Pre-Thrawn Trilogy Luke.

I mean he was pretty powerful, just stupid and too conflicted.

I know that...which is why I said he would be around Return of the jedi era Luke mever said he was as powerful as prime Luke, least thats what it seems like from the novel.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I know that...which is why I said he would be around Return of the jedi era Luke mever said he was as powerful as prime Luke, least thats what it seems like from the novel.

I disagree as well. Return of the Jedi era Luke = Full Jedi.

Galen Marek was definitely above most Jedi MASTERS. Luke was not this powerful in return of the Jedi. Galen Marek went up against Vader in his prime and won. Luke defeated a Vader (barely) that was not fighting at his fullest and could not use his hate against him. Not to mention didn't want to kill him. It was described in the novelization that every move Vader made against Marek had the intent to kill. This isn't the case with Luke.

I disagree as well. Return of the Jedi era Luke = Full Jedi.

Galen Marek was definitely above most Jedi MASTERS. Luke was not this powerful in return of the Jedi. Galen Marek went up against Vader in his prime and won. Luke defeated a Vader (barely) that was not fighting at his fullest and could not use his hate against him. Not to mention didn't want to kill him. It was described in the novelization that every move Vader made against Marek had the intent to kill. This isn't the case with Luke.

Yes but both of them did have a hard time beating Vader did they not? Asi I seem to recall Galen almost lost his fight against Vader.

Yes but both of them did have a hard time beating Vader did they not? Asi I seem to recall Galen almost lost his fight against Vader.

Yes but one had a hard time against Vader not in his prime. One had a hard time against Vader in his prime.

It's like this.

If I am a master swordsman and I fight sick, dizzy, and tired and you beat me it's not as impressive as the guy who beat me when I was healthy and in the zone. Vader was not at his most powerful when fighting Luke. He did not hate him. The dark side is fueled by hate. Therefpre he could NOT use the dark side properly. In that condition he'd have been CRUSHED by Galen Marek. In that condition he'd lose to most members on the jedi council. He did not want to kill Luke. He was fighting to kill Marek.

Edited by Rhyltran

SITH

1. Emperor Sidious

2. Emperor Vitiate

3. Marka Ragnos

4. Exar Kun

5. Abeloth

6. Darth Revan

7. Darth Nihilus

8. Darth Vader

9. Naga Shadow

10. Darth Caedus

JEDI

1. Luke Skywalker

2. Anakin Skywalker

3. Yoda

4. Starkiller

5. Revan (Reborn)

6. Anakin solo

7. Mace Windu

8. Jacen Solo

9. Exile

10. Ben Skywalker

This guy got it right.

This guy got it right.

Oooh, yeah I like that one. I mean, past rank six or seven the lines get a good deal fuzzier, but I like it.

Bear in mind the IRL fights are heavy on the RNG. I really doubt that in every major fight between Jedi and Sith that the most powerful combatant won.

If Starkiller would have never died he would have surpassed Sidious in power that is cannon. But from Unleashed 2 its really unclear if Starkiller really did die to who knows we got to wait and see for Unleashed 3