Top 10 most powerful Sith and Jedi

BrandonSM

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Jacen Solo / Darth Caedus in either list?

I can probably understand Darth Caedus not appearing in the Sith List, but Jacen Solo was noted as quite possibly the most powerful Jedi alongside (and in some other ways, ahead of) Luke Skywalker.

Also not sure that Yoda would be on top of Anakin - Yoda's got 900 years on Anakin, surely that must count for something?

Thank You!!! Caedus was ridiculously powerful both as sith and jedi, the sad thing is most people on this forum pretty much judge this type of debate based on what the see in videogames and the movies, Id venture to say most people here have not read the Legacy of the Force series or the New Jedi Order because I never see Solo/Caedus on here at all.

He had some pretty incredible abilities not to mention he was in control of the GA (Republic) for a few years, only other sith to rule the republic was Sidious after years of enacting his Grand Plan.

Caedus flow walked, effectively used sith battle meditation which few can do, master with a lightsaber, could make himself undetectable in the force even to Luke, among many other crazy powers i cannot recall from the top of my head havent read a book with him in it for a few years. Not to mention he had all he deceptiveness that would of tickled Bane pink.

Then talking about him as a Jedi, he almost single handedly saved the republic and Jedi from the Vong, which if anyone actually read all 19 books of the series would have to agree that they are probably the single craziest menace the galaxy has ever seen and made all the sith empires look like childs play. I know im probably going to have a million reven fanboys (and btw i love revan too) not to mention all the kids who only play games come screaming at me for saying all this but whatever its the truth.

Edited by LordDeschain

I have a few questions for those who have read the EU.

Please, enlighten me.

- Why does Sidious kill his master in his sleep if he was so powerful?

- If Sidious can change bodies and create worm holes, why does he die tossed by Vader?

- If Sidious can create wormholes to consume entire planets, why does he bother creating the Death Stars (twice at least) ?

- I've seen people saying Yoda/Luke were the strongest Jedis ever. But then again, none of them defeated Sidious in a duel. Does this means Siths > Jedis ?

Thanks.

I am not seeing Darth Revan anywhere? he was quite powerful as i recall, and Malak?

He was powerful, but not nearly in the running for most powerful Sith and Jedi. The only feats we're sure of is he's a good duelists and he could force choke people, other than that his combat abilities are left vague.

Risk management.

- If Sidious can change bodies and create worm holes, why does he die tossed by Vader?
Because he didn't die, his soul was transferred to Byss and it's difficult to create and control a wormhole in that short period of time.

- If Sidious can create wormholes to consume entire planets, why does he bother creating the Death Stars (twice at least) ?
Because #1 Palpatine didn't want to let on he was a Sith until he had to, #2 the Death Star didn't just render planets dead it also pierced through planetary shields that could hold off Imperial orbital bombardments for months and pop the planet like a grenade, #3 It's a symbol.

- I've seen people saying Yoda/Luke were the strongest Jedis ever. But then again, none of them defeated Sidious in a duel. Does this means Siths > Jedis ?
Luke does defeat Palpatine. In Dark Empire I Luke defeats Palpatine multiple times but he just keeps jumping into clone bodies and Luke sees that Palpatine's win is inevitable and gives in to the Dark Side only for Leia to bring him back to the lightside.

Nonsense, that is in the novel and the novel yes its considered canon, but its not above the movies, and thus that particular detail and much others cant be considered.

It might be how the writer invision the situation, but cleary wasnt how George Lucas invision on

the film. so yeah sidious didnt bend any lightsaber much less windus lightsaber.

again same argument novel this novel that, it can be considered canon yes, it surpass movie canon? hell no, obviously in the end its how the fans chose to look at it.

sidius the most powerfull yeah possibly, but its a bit subjective. Also nihilius is nothing but weak... being in forced to encase its spirit in a mask and armor only to stay alive, his power as not true power anyway no control whatsoever, thus he was named Lord of Hunger.

Um, unfortunately... no one spoke about Nihilus. I did not once say Nihilus is power. Darth Vitiate =/= Darth Nihilus. Vitiate is LEAGUES ABOVE Nihilus. Read into him.

And no, it's not perspective. I mean jesus christ, the creator of the movies stated Darth Sidious was the most powerful Sith Lord ever, the EU backs it up, the Novels back it up. And the are, as a matter of fact, still as canon as the movies par the licensing team of LucasArts. This means the details that were left out of the movies to be confirmed in the novels STILL COUNT - the Author of the Prequel trilogy novels made it very clear that GEORGE LUCAS HIMSELF DID THE FINAL EDIT OF THE NOVELS.

Again, as you were somehow mistaken into thinking Vitiate = Nihilus.. read again. Abeloth, who I also mentioned in my post, is unarguably even more powerful than Vitiate and Sidious.

Case closed.

Edited by Oonkeh_

I have a few questions for those who have read the EU.

Please, enlighten me.

Thanks.

Sidious is more powerful than Yoda. Luke is more powerful than both. He died because he was caught off guard and couldn't utilize the "wormhole" move in his old decrepit body. In fact, even in his younger clone bodies, it shortened his life time considerably with each use. Of course when the bodies died he was able to simply transfer to a new one so that wasn't much of a problem.

He killed his master in his sleep after he became more powerful than him. He still felt there was a risk of serious injury if he faced his master head on which would weaken the Sith order considerably if that was the case. It was because of this train of thought which led him to killing his master in his sleep but even that is impressive on it's own. Here's some facts.

Jedi and Sith have been shown to snap awake as soon as they sense danger. We see this in the legacy of the force book series betrayal as well as other novels. Also Bane taught against the master showing ANY weakness around his student and it was the student's job to capitalize on the master's weakness. In fact, Bane gets irritated when Zannah DOESN'T do this.

So what we know for sure.. Sidious killed Plagueis in his sleep. Plagueis did not sense any danger. Plagueis location was discovered by Sidious machinations. Sidious, also according to Dark Lord rise of Darth Vader doesn't need to sleep so he was also capitalizing on a weakness he didn't possess.

Now why did he create the death stars? Simple. He didn't want to use that power unless he had to as it was quite exhausting. One could also argue he didn't want to show his entire hand not to mention he didn't really control the original death star he left it in the hand of the imperials. If his ability takes a lot out of him it makes sense to have multiple super weapons at your disposal.

Imagine for a moment if he could destroy a planet with a wormhole and in another part of the galaxy a death star is eliminating another upstart planet.

Finally I don't think he was sure how successful body switching would be. Bane got devoured by his own apprentice for instance. He created clone bodies but emptied their mind so they wouldn't be able to resist his will. During the time he murdered his master he didn't have clones. At the end of dark empire he was going to steal an infant's mind, Anakin solo. So up until he had clones he really didn't want to be forced to try the technique.

Edited by Rhyltran

third - based on the movies Darth Sidious and Darth Maul were the best fighters/ Obi-Wan and Darth Vader (OT) were the worst. The best Jedi were Yoda/ and you can argue your case for number 2.

This # 3 is confusing to me. 1st you say that Sidious and Darth Maul were the best fighters and that Obi Wan and Vadar are the worst.

Sidious was single handedly defeated by Mace Windu and Darth Maul was beaten by the person you are claiming to be the worst fighter in Obi Wan ...

See why I am confused? Worst beating best!

Sidious I give you plus Windu is arguably the best swordsman to ever live.

This # 3 is confusing to me. 1st you say that Sidious and Darth Maul were the best fighters and that Obi Wan and Vadar are the worst.

Sidious was single handedly defeated by Mace Windu and Darth Maul was beaten by the person you are claiming to be the worst fighter in Obi Wan ...

See why I am confused? Worst beating best!

Sidious I give you plus Windu is arguably the best swordsman to ever live.

Sidious was manuplating mace to get anikan on his side sidious could of easily beaten mace, though i agree with you on the rest of the stuff

1-Darth Nihilus, a guy that just by standing anywere near him you die slowly...

2-Darth Bane

3-Darth Sidious, dunno if most powerful, but defo one of the most important, rebuilded the sith empire almost alone.

4-Darth Revan, he ****ed up all sith and jedi alike

5-Darth Marr

6-Fredon Naad

7-Marka Ragnos

8-Darth Cadeus

9-when starkiller was sith, you cannot deny he was powerfull as hell, if we talk about power,

raw power i would put him 2nd , just after Nihilus

10-Vader , cause he is *********** cool, and the first sith lord i´ve ever seen

Just wondering where does Ajunta Paul rank cause he was the first sith lord and anyone who has played kotor 2 should know that she said that the old force weilders made the powers of the force weilders in her day seem like childs play. :)

Kreia is biased and never met these ancient sith lords. It's merely opinion. You can face the ghost of ajunta pall if memory serves me correctly in KOTOR 1 and you crush it.

1 : Marka Ragnos

2 : Lord Vitiate (The Emperor)

3 : Darth Nihilus

4 : Naga Sadow

5 : Darth Revan ("Revan WAS Power. Staring into the eyes of Revan was like staring into the heart of the force.) :eek:

6: Exar Kun

7 : Darth Bane

8 : Darth Andeddu

9 : Darth Sion

10 : Freedon Nadd

Actually, if you read the Novel you'd clearly know that Windu hadn't won the fight at all. He disarmed Sidious, who was particularly prepared to annihilate Windu with force lightning alone.

His lightning BENT WINDU'S LIGHTSABER BLADE. He wasn't even channeling the full force of his lightning and it STILL bent his lightsaber blade - no other Sith, EU or Movie-canon wise, has ever done that before to a lightsaber blade with lightning. All this is in the Novel. If Sidious wanted, he could've destroyed Windu there and then with ease. He relented in his assault only to turn Anakin Skywalker, whom he considered to have been the perfect Apprentice (potential-wise).

I agree with most of what you say. Windu lost the fight, but Sidious lost the duel(The Lightsaber segment in the fight.) Then after that, Windu was capooey agianst Sidous's force abilities. Sidious was about disarm him with his lightning and yadda yadda.

See what I'm saying?

Kreia is biased and never met these ancient sith lords. It's merely opinion. You can face the ghost of ajunta pall if memory serves me correctly in KOTOR 1 and you crush it.

Also, I believe allot of people said in Pre-Wipe of the Forums that LA came in and stated Kreia was a bowl of lies.

But that may be wrong

I don't believe any list would be close to accurate because the characters existed at different points of evolution of the SW franchise. The Luke Skywalker of the original movies doesn't perform any of the amazing feats that force users have as the franchise evolved.

Take for example Darth Plagueus. Before the release of the novel in January, people would be hard pressed to describe his power and accomplishments. After the novel, it is clear he was one of the most powerful Sith Lords ever.

Its fun to debate, but ultimately pointless.

I don't believe any list would be close to accurate because the characters existed at different points of evolution of the SW franchise. The Luke Skywalker of the original movies doesn't perform any of the amazing feats that force users have as the franchise evolved.

Take for example Darth Plagueus. Before the release of the novel in January, people would be hard pressed to describe his power and accomplishments. After the novel, it is clear he was one of the most powerful Sith Lords ever.

Its fun to debate, but ultimately pointless.

Except, No one is as powerful as Luke. And no Sith is as powerful as Sidious.

Their both the two gods of SW. With Abeloth competing with them.

But I believe Abeloth is below Luke. Because I haven't seen something she that could truly kill Luke.

From what I know:

1. Palpatine/Sidious

2. Yoda

3. Starkiller (Hey, I'm calling that canon)

4. Darth Vader

5. Mace Windu

6. Obi-wan (in his prime)

7. Darth Maul

8. Darth Malgus (From what I've seen, he's kicked some ***)

9. Satele Shan

10. Luke Skywalker (Placed low because he never really fought many Jedi, which is kind of what I'm basing this off of.)

Now, I've never seen Naga Sadow, Marka Ragnos, or those other Sith overlords in a fight, so I can't judge their powers. These are all the people I've seen in combat.

Palpatine is number one because he's technically stronger than Darth Vader, and he killed Starkiller inevitably, and he also defeated Yoda. Yoda is second because he gave Palpatine a run for his money, and he's shown some serious combat skill in several TV series. Starkiller is next because he cleaves through armies, defeats Vader, and can potentially get in a close fight with Palpatine.

Vader is, obviously, weaker than Starkiller, but stronger than most of the other Jedi and Sith. Mace Windu is just below him because of his encounter with Anakin and Palpatine, which gave a sense of him being powerful, if he had not let his guard down. I'd place Obi-wan just below Mace, because he can do some serious damage and shows some combat skill throughout the series, but he's defeated by Vader. Maul is weaker than Obi-wan, obviously, but still extremely strong.

Malgus and Satele are the only characters from the TOR era I included, because my total memory of KOTOR is vague at best, and I've yet to see most of the named Jedi and Sith in action. But I would say Malgus is stronger than Satele, if barely. They're both more powerful than Luke, as he appears in the movies. I know he later becomes the god-king of Jedi, and gets much better, but he didn't show as much combat prowess as the others on the list.

I suppose Revan could be marked as number one, potentially.

Just a note: Anyone who puts Darth Maul on their list does not know lore at all. This can also be said to people who don't put Sidious as #1 (or at the very least #2)

Agreed.

Maul was a tool. Read Darth Plageuis. In fact, Sidious was planning to replace Maul as soon as he heard about Dooku.

Because originally, the Jedi Order believed Dooku to be the Chosen One. He quote by Yoda, their best.

for thoughs of you who thinks luke is weak think again, he didnt have much training and deated vader, and in some yeras he helps deafete sidous, and then he becomes even better, and he was able to deafet abeloth multiple times so he pretty much is the best who knows how powerful he got after that.

Sith

1) Darth Sidious as per canon the Most Powerfull Sith to have ever lived

2) Darth Vader really do i have to list why?

3) Marka Ragnos <--- how bad *** can you be when you are mostly the only Sith to have died of old age :p

4) Darth Vitatiate(sp?) Gotta respect a guy that takes over a millenia to plan his return and really hit the Republic where it hurts, now we will see if that carefull planning succeed or not.

5) Naga Sadow <-----> Ludo Kresh, I put them equal because well they were pretty much even and they could have kept at it until their forces would be in ashes

6) Exar-Kun I'm surprised he's not on anyone list since he "survive" until Luke Skywalker NJO days and was considered enough of a threat by Empreror Vitatiate(sp?) to have his tomb sealed. (say so in the Gnosh dural journals)

7) Darth Nihilus, the SW version of Galactus :D

8) Darth Sion, The only way to kill him was for himself to will himself to die

9) Darth Bane, Rule of 2 nuff said.

10) Darth Revan as much as I like Revan and all as per Kotor he failed to do what he was sent to do by the empreror thus never suceeded in doing anything worth while as a Dark Lord other than being the big bad of the day.

Sith honnorable mention

Ulic Qel-Droma, Darth Cadeus, Darth Traya (suceeded in confusing the heck out of me and being creepy)

Jedi

1) Luke Skywalker <----> Yoda <----> Anakin Skywalker. With those 3 depending on how you see things and depending on what Era you take them and what context would usually take the top spot and be shuffled around.

2) Qui Gon Jinn <--- a Jedi that saw differently from other Jedi and was not afraid of talking trash to the council when he knew they were in the wrong and knew they weren't infaible(sp)

3) Nomi Sunrider, Battle meditation and could cut someone from the force. (the question still remain if it was permantly or temporary

4) Jedi Exile <---- rebuilt the jedi order and trained the next generation of Jedi masters, cut herself from the force and reformed that bond. She could form bonds with other, she's a very strange jedi.

5) Kyle Katarn

6) Revan<----> Qilan Vos <--- If you look at them closely they pretty much walked the same path between the Dark & Light Side of the force. Revan have slight advantage over Vos but not by much.

7) Grand Master Satele Shan

8) Mara Jade Skywalker

9) Celeste Morne, She took on Muur and won resisted being taken over by him, Fought Vader and survived and then met Cade Skywalker.

10) Zayne Carrick <--- the living proof that the Force has a sense of humor :)

Note: Obi Wan Kenobi is not on the list right now because I don't know where to put him in order with the others but he should be somewhere in that list.

Honorable Jedi Mention

The Solo Children, Jaden Korr, Cade Skywalker (I don't know if he's included to be a jedi or not given his affinity with using the darkside of the force), Kyp Duron, Master Tholme, Kera Holt