The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Pulling a player with the huttball should not be allowed.

Skaarrj

Pull/grapple etc should be Defensive only when used on a ball carrier, the people who are likly to oppose this are people who use the tactic or so logic would dictate rendering their oppinions biased and irrelevant on the matter.

So you're saying people who disagree with you should do not have valid opinions / should be ignored, and that's logical? :D

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're saying people who disagree with you should do not have valid opinions / should be ignored, and that's logical? :D

He's saying that he likes it when he pulls enemy ball carrier into pits or into fire and stuff, but hates it when enemy sorc/sage pulls their own ball carrier to the goal, so the thing he likes should be around, but the thing he hates must go away.

Havaing a Sage/Sorc pull a teammate that has the huttball should NOT be allowed. This is what passing is for. With a pull you bypass:

1). The chance that you have a bad pass

2). That your Pass gets intercepted.

3). Quicker movement between 2 points than passing a ball

Pulling the huttball is way too easy to accomplish. Remove the ability to pull the player with the huttball

This is why you can pass the ball.

LOOOL you do realize that Huttball was meant to be played like that, don't you? so people learn the full range of their abilities, not only DPS/Tanking/Healing as is mostly seen in other WZs. Learn to play with a decent balanced premade man

Havaing a Sage/Sorc pull a teammate that has the huttball should NOT be allowed. This is what passing is for. With a pull you bypass:

1). The chance that you have a bad pass

2). That your Pass gets intercepted.

3). Quicker movement between 2 points than passing a ball

Pulling the huttball is way too easy to accomplish. Remove the ability to pull the player with the huttball

This is why you can pass the ball.

Ok fine then no enemies should be able to pull people with the Huttball.

While we're at it. You can't also CC/Stun/Mes/Slowed/Stop the guy with the huttball till he is dead.

Also, the guy with the huttball cant also Sprint, use any defense cooldowns, or anything. He just has to walk it or pass it.

Really? Take the only WZ that rewards creative use of powers and start limiting the ones we are allowed to use?

Yes I am a sorc and biased. But, against a good team I never get to use my pull because the other team knocks me off/CC/keeps me too busy while in their end to use it. And good team doesn't mean premade. Any pug can see a sorc/sage on their platforms and knock them off or mess them up on their way to mid or where ever the ball is.

L2P with all the tools you have, don't try to take away others utility.

I heard a rumor that stunning the Sorcerer will prevent him from pulling.

I also heard another rumor that squishy Sorcerers die really easily.

I finally heard one last rumor that situational awareness is more important in Huttball than anything else.

I finally heard one last rumor that situational awareness is more important in Huttball than anything else.

I heard a rumour that eventually we will be able to choose our warzones. Wonder if players will be aware of their situation then

Why would you tell people that? You might make them think instead of just telling BW to take things away.

How can I make the sorcerers entirely useless now, lets think, bingo! Sorcerers should not pull ball carriers in huttball. Tell you what son, that goes live, you won't see sorcerers around with all those nerfs already. No good warzone team will include them except a healer for bubbles and strong healing under protection.

I only wonder why they call Hutball a "warzone". It's quite an unsuitable term for huttball. Make huttball have it's own queues, call it "sportzone" , so we are sure to actually enter a real warzone when we queue. Huttball is a strong divider amongst players. Either you hate it, or you love it. Please make us able to choose.

Huttball has many different facets. It is not just about passing and scoring. If you don't want a sorc/sage pulling somebody, don't let that sorc/sage set up on your catwalk, endzone, etc... The mechanic is fine and adds a layer of strategy. I play an Inf shadow and I patrol the catwalks and endzones looking for the opposition that is trying to set up for pass/ pulls/ and such. There is nothing wrong with the ability, you just need to learn how to play the map.

L2P issue.

Then remove JK/SW leaps, force push, harpoons and Shadow/Assassin pulls.

And then will come QQ about removing CC in HB...

And then remove force speed...

And then all the mitigation from tanks, who carry the ball...

And then remove burst damage abilities, so the carrier won't die in 2 seconds because of removing all of the above...

I dont have a problem with Sorc pulls. What I have a problem with is that they completely ignore resolve bar. If someone has the resolve bar capped, and I cant grip/grapple/push/etc... Then the sorc shouldnt be able to pull them either.

Yeah sure as long as whoever has the huttball can't be charged,pulled,'Interceded",healed or do any damage whatsoever.

They should only be allowed pass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Problem with pulling, sprinting and leaping with the ball is that your required to have force users in your team to be as effective as possible.

Classes without either of those, are just a waste of space and a target for leaps or gets left in the dust when the pulling and sprinting begins. The only thing you start doing is waiting for your knockback, use it, then hide until its of cooldown so you wont get leaped to.

Maybe they should have 2 rulesets. I would much rather play in huttball where the ball actually is the main objective of the game, not how much you can pull, leap and sprint. As it is now, its not Huttball, its Forceball.