Sentinel Needs Serious Love

Gundiok

but back ot the topîc, knights DONT DEAL ENOUGH DMG. they are far from "enough" DMG ofcourse you can say "you dont deal enough DMG, you never do" but this isnt the case. this is a case of melee hitting for like 800/1s while gunnery class's/inquisitor's shoot for 750/0.5 sec, plus they hit for allot more, if a sorc blasts at me they hit me for atleast 4k wich is like 1/3 of my health, if i hit them then its for like 800 wich içs like less then 1/10 of there health

do the math and pay attention to the class balancing since there arnt any. its all over again that the ranged class's get all the love and the melee class's get cast aside ...

Have you ever looked at your kills vs. the kills of the Sorcs and other ranged classes that put up massive numbers of damage? They may put up more damage but if you're doing your job then you'll have more killing blows than the will. You can do all the damage in the world but if you're not knocking anyone out of the game then it doesn't matter.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats freacking bull. sentinels get jumped at sight just for the fact that we have no CC and we deal hardly any DMG due to the fazct that all class's are again the knights, they can't jump if the bounty hunter is hidden, our AoE do weak DMG compared to those other AoE attacks of the other class's. i been AoE'd for like 6k in total while we do like maybe 2.5k in 1 AoE attack on all attacks. then you got those 8 seconds AoE attacks of the inquisitor's wich deals 1500 DMG/0.5 second wich means ur stunned for 8 seconds and take the full DMG of that wich means ur death. i get arround 4 avarage and then if i'm lucky i get 6.

saying that you do that in WZ is just saying that you play with probably a healer on ur ***. maybe ur server has more republics but i come from a server where its like 80% imps and 20% reps. also the fact that there more imps they do more huttballs with imps vs imps there for they get the damn gear that way way easelyer then us, we lose 90% of the WZ just becouse we can't get the gear as fast as they do.

How have any of the medals I mentioned been impossible? Some you get for SITTING THERE DOING NOTHING. Go spend levels 35-50 in PVP come back and contribute something. Your bad experience and terrible examples are horrid comparisons, 2.5k AOE in total? Really? I don't even know how to explain this unless you're just hitting Heavy Armored targets or something. There is no way you should be doing less than 900-1200 on a Light/Medium Armored class if you're geared/stat'd comparibly. Sure, I guess you could be a new player to the 50 bracket, but even then that's pretty weak. I'm more inclined to believe you're an undergeared, underleveled, or new to the class, or all of the above.

I'm not a great PVPer, I don't boast consistent 400k+ games, hell before I broke into the 50 Bracket I only managed 5 or 6 games where I broke past 320k WITH A HEALER. In the 50 bracket I've worked my way back into 240k+ games, but not even starting out have I ever had a problem with damage dealing, at the very least getting off 75k damage even if I barely killed anyone or died a tonne.

As a Sentinel (or any pur DPS class, no matter how terrible they are):

If you can't kill 10 enemies, you don't belong in PvP.

If you can't deal 75k damage, kills and deaths ignored, get out of PVP.

If you can't get 1k defender by spending the TIME to camp or fight by an objective, you're just terrible.

If you can't land a KILLING blow you're not picking your targets. You can FORCE LEAP to someone to just snipe that medal.

If you're unable to get 2.5k in an attack since it's a supposed minimum you're unlucky, terribly geared or just bad.

Even if those are the ONLY medals you get, even if you're being singled out, none of those medals are to get if you're aiming for them.

I play three servers. None of which have more republic players than imps, however only one them is staggered in something like 70-30 Imp-Rep.

Regardless, call BS if you want I guess...

but back ot the topîc, knights DONT DEAL ENOUGH DMG. they are far from "enough" DMG ofcourse you can say "you dont deal enough DMG, you never do" but this isnt the case. this is a case of melee hitting for like 800/1s while gunnery class's/inquisitor's shoot for 750/0.5 sec, plus they hit for allot more, if a sorc blasts at me they hit me for atleast 4k wich is like 1/3 of my health, if i hit them then its for like 800 wich içs like less then 1/10 of there health

do the math and pay attention to the class balancing since there arnt any. its all over again that the ranged class's get all the love and the melee class's get cast aside ...

I don't know how about not dealing "enough" damage, but to say we're completely inferior is just ignorant. If your Slash is hitting for less than 1k on a Sorcer in >L49 WZ's you've got to be undergeared or doing something terribly wrong.

what you say bout our stuns isnt true, the skill say weaker and normal target and by my knowledge players are normal targets, they aint strong/elite or champions. then you got blade storm, it doesnt stun either, then you got our slows, if we slow a target then oppertune strike triggers on PVE targets however it doesnt trigger of it and there for its another skill that isnt being used in PVP. pommel strike isnt usuable in PVP either since you need to incapitate a target to get it triggered and oh wait it doesnt trigger since our incapitates dont trigger. thne you have pummel strike wich is useless also blade storm is suposed to stun a target and yet it doesnt, except that small amount of DMG. the thing is that if our stuns do not work then none of the incapitation effect/hold effect/ knockback effect shoudnt work, fair is fair and they need to stop putting all the melee aside. we are a class aswell and we want some loving, now directly. instead of making us cannon flodder. this compleetly feels like the world of warcraft warrior mode you as a warrior charge in, AoE and then die and do it all over again.

what you say bout the sent doing 40 kills and half of it are killing blows is exagerated if they can get like 3-5 of the 40 then they should be happy and bout the sorcs doing like what did you say 4 thats also exagerated since they will do like half. i know this for a fact (well its the imperial version but hey same ****) this like the first guy said isnt a rant its more like showing the flaws. a sith inquisitor or a shadow shoudnt be able to stealth isnce they aint such a class. but yet they are ...

I'm having a lot of trouble understanding what just about any of this means. I'm not trying to be insulting, but is English a second language for you? I'm asking seriously. If so maybe you could clarify some of what you're saying so we could possibly discuss it a little more in depth when I have a better idea of the point that you're trying to get across.

The part that I did understand however was COMPLETELY incorrect. Players are NOT weak, standard, strong, elite or champion opponents. They are players. If you look at your expertise stat it says, "extra damage/healing/damage reduction to PLAYERS." They are their own seperate classification. So all those abilities that have added affects to enemies in PvE do not function in PvP. That is a game mechanic not a bug.

"250k-300k?...you're fine!"

Remember, this is with a pocket healer, my normal is 100k-170k. You could argue, "well that is how we are supposed to play, with a healer behind us". I would normally agree, but then I compare my damage to under-geared Sages and Scoundrels who are pulling 350k-400k AND the ability to self heal. As a pure damage class without any other utility, at the very LEAST we should be able to compete, if not do more damage than those classes with superior healing and CC.

Could not agree more. I like the class, but you mentioned some very well thought out points, but this one above bears special consideration.

How have any of the medals I mentioned been impossible? Some you get for SITTING THERE DOING NOTHING. Go spend levels 35-50 in PVP come back and contribute something. Your bad experience and terrible examples are horrid comparisons, 2.5k AOE in total? Really? I don't even know how to explain this unless you're just hitting Heavy Armored targets or something. There is no way you should be doing less than 900-1200 on a Light/Medium Armored class if you're geared/stat'd comparibly. Sure, I guess you could be a new player to the 50 bracket, but even then that's pretty weak. I'm more inclined to believe you're an undergeared, underleveled, or new to the class, or all of the above.

I'm not a great PVPer, I don't boast consistent 400k+ games, hell before I broke into the 50 Bracket I only managed 5 or 6 games where I broke past 320k WITH A HEALER. In the 50 bracket I've worked my way back into 240k+ games, but not even starting out have I ever had a problem with damage dealing, at the very least getting off 75k damage even if I barely killed anyone or died a tonne.

As a Sentinel (or any pur DPS class, no matter how terrible they are):

If you can't kill 10 enemies, you don't belong in PvP.

If you can't deal 75k damage, kills and deaths ignored, get out of PVP.

If you can't get 1k defender by spending the TIME to camp or fight by an objective, you're just terrible.

If you can't land a KILLING blow you're not picking your targets. You can FORCE LEAP to someone to just snipe that medal.

If you're unable to get 2.5k in an attack since it's a supposed minimum you're unlucky, terribly geared or just bad.

Even if those are the ONLY medals you get, even if you're being singled out, none of those medals are to get if you're aiming for them.

I play three servers. None of which have more republic players than imps, however only one them is staggered in something like 70-30 Imp-Rep.

Regardless, call BS if you want I guess...

I don't know how about not dealing "enough" damage, but to say we're completely inferior is just ignorant. If your Slash is hitting for less than 1k on a Sorcer in >L49 WZ's you've got to be undergeared or doing something terribly wrong.

well i'll just say that you have to come to Tott doneeta, there the imperials are like with 70% a 80% compared to the 20% - 30% republics (at lvl 50 ofcourse) and yes i'm just 50 for what 5 days and yet i do what i need to do, i go on light armor players, sorc's and bounty hunters and yet half of the time they knock me back wich means my leaps are on CD or they are bubbled (shielded) wich causes them to be immune for a short duration on the DMG and yes i'm now getting the gear (slowly) and thats just becouse of the 5 hours of PVP to get the 3 wins needed (on a avarage game of what 15 mins max??) thats means in 5 hours only 3 wins max (seems that our side is gearing up way slowerd due to the lower players on our side).

the thing that agitates me the most is that like in WoW every picks something that deals the most DMG and play's the easyest ... wheres the fun factor in that i mean if you have to play the strongest class ok, fine but then alteast admit it instead of playing it and not admitting it at all why you play it. just call it that you want to play the uber class to kick some ***.

on the mather of what you said there, mostly i get 1 medal and why is becouse we play half of the time with 4-5 republic players against 8 imperials wich means we have hardly no room (if we want to be active in PVP atleast and not leech like a moron), with this i show that we then get zerged and hardly get anything off with hits. the thing what happens (what i notice the most) is that i'm constantly being hold by a (to call it something) a prison of lightning. wich deals DMG over time plus they can keep hitting me without braking it.

being hit by then 3-4 imps wich means that by the time i'm out of the prison i'm death.

ok i sometimes deal some blows (and yes it all becouse i'm still gearing for it to get the expetese, yes we need it) but for me what i personally think we sents need and what needs to be changed is the crit % and surge. i dont get why we need accuracy in PVP while crit and surge are the stats you need. plus do something bout agly looks of the medium knight gear, thats just plain horrible but i guess thats just a mather of taste :p

Sorry for wall of text...

I have a screenshot of a warzone, if you want, of me doing 557k dmg in a warzone, along with 110k healing. In previous warzones in the same day (dont have screenshots of these) I had 490k and 521k dmg, with healing way above the 75k medal. These were on Voidstars.

With dedicated healer on the 490k one, and none on the other 2.

Now... I could argue about luck, but then again... I score the grand majority above 300k while many of the rest of the battleground dpsers cant even get to this mark. The more the game drags, the bigger this gap usually becomes.

Of course, I sometimes get outdpsed or get lower than 300k; when the enemy gives up and starts leaving or camping a single point like in alderaan, or when I get focused a lot... which beings me to my next point.

I play as Watchman, and from my perspective our damage is actually quite high. Our burst damage is certainly good, and our sustained is certainly great. Our main problem, in my opinion only, is our survivability. I will elaborate...

Surviving a fight as a sentinel is not that hard, we certainly got quite a few great cds for it. However they are just that... cds. These same cooldowns wont save us from focus targeting, and rightfully so. So Id argue here that we do need to choose our oponents and our fights. Being melee also puts us in this position - we do need to know where we are going to dive, and when.

I honestly dont usually have problems in 1v1 situations - its arguable if our 1v1 capability is the best in the game; however, pvp that matters is not 1v1, which again brings us to choosing fights and targets. Id even dare say 1v2 is sometimes possible as a sentinel.

Despite all of this, generally we are considerable squishy, and this squishiness halts our dps. If we cannot survive long enough on a target how can we dish out our apparently great dps? Sure we have nice cooldowns, sure we have to pick fights. But I do believe even with this, we end up being quite squishy. When facing an enemy without cds, or without even some of them, or without our gap closers, or some of them, we do get an uphill battle. The articulation of all our tools is what makes us able to stay there, but once tools start being used, the differences start being noticeable.

I would say to fix our survivability, in my opinion, we need another form of cc. The form itself is arguable, as it depends how it would fit into our whole toolset. I would argue against a force push for example, and i think a force pull would be too much considering our output. maybe make one of our already in-game abilities do a slight stun, like bladestorm. It could do half duration on players for example? well that argument is not for this thread...

Another way would be to either reduce slightly some cds, so that we at least can maintain a certain rotation of each defense that we have, or increase the duration slightly of said cds. I am not talking all of them. For example... if rebuke had a total of 40 second duration, or even id stretch to 45, that would leave us with only 15 seconds without the actual buff of 20% extra dmg reduction. Rebuke however is a great skill so I understand why this could not be a good approach. Maybe lowering the cd on saber ward, or increasing its duration; or even its effect? Merely suggestions that would need careful thought...

CC immunity would be nice for a single defensive ability, glue it to one already existing. Guarded by the force comes to mind, or even the leap knockback immunity suggestion... anyway the specifics are also not part of this thread.

All in all, in my opinion, our dps is quite high. It is our survivability, whether through cds or actual cc output, that makes us suffer... but then again we cant ask to be good at everything.

All this goes without mentioning... the resolve mechanic is fishy... I would reduce it to 2 forms of cc and then resolve would be up. And also I would grant this to all forms of loss of control. But that is a more global subject...

Again, sorry for wall of text. I hope I dont get flamed for any misudnerstanding or wrong comment i made :x

Edited by Tyladras

I liken the sent to a F-1 car. Both are flashy. Both are high-performance machines and do what they were designed to admirably well; the F-1 car goes fast as hell around bends and the sent deals massive amounts of damage. But here's the catch that applies to both: YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

There is a learning curve to playing a class like the sentinel. If you can't handle that, re-roll a FOTM class.

Edited by MojoWaffles

I approve of this thread. That's all I can say. compared to other classes, even non-DPS classes, the Jedi Sentinel is VERY weak. Animations need to be tighter, and there definitely needs to be some consolidation of abilities. I am a watchman spec, currently running a 25/7/0 mix, and it works pretty well, but I still feel very underpowered when facing other players, especially in PvP, where sentinels get picked apart real quickly because everyone knows how squishy we are compared to other classes. We don't even have a knockback ability, while every other class has one. We seriously need a knockback ability. Edited by LifeOfMessiah

I typically earn 6-10 medals in a Warzone as a Sentinel... I don't know how that's too difficult. These are all medals I've earned:

Demolisher (2.5k DMG)

Annihilator (5k DMG)

Assassin (1 on 1 Kill)

Combatant (75k Damage)

Destroyer (300k Damage)

Defender (1k Defender Points)

Warden (3k Defender Points)

Shield (5k Defender Points)

Guardian (2k Defense since last death)

Healer (75k Healed)

Quick Draw (Killing Blow)

Commando (10 Kills)

Soldier (25 Kills)

An average match will be about 7-8 medals, if not all of these should be more than feasible in a L49 WZ and that's 7:

Demolisher, Commando, Soldier, Quick Draw, Combatant, Defender, Assassin

In either case, achieving a Gold ranking in terms of medals is arguably one of the easier things for a Sentinel to do in PvP.

Something puzzles me in the numbers you give: you earned the healer medal, which is an indication that you are watchman spec'd. But at the same time, you also earned the annihilator medal, a 5k blow on a target. Hum, either these numbers are just a fake, either your opponents were really badly stuffed...

Here is the truth as I see it.

It seems to me that BioWare doesn't care about the Sentinel class beyond Watchman at the moment.

For some reason they do not seem to like this class. They have gone out of their way time and again to make this class harder to play. First, during beta, they took away our Force Pull, then they took away our Pacify ability...

Pacify already didn't work in PVP, now it doesn't work in the fights that we need it to work in for PVE. I finally removed it from a keybind today.

Combat is the worst spec, we have the least amount of hard CC, we have no knockback or pull, we have no perma-stealth.

Watchman is better off (as is Focus) by leaps and bounds. In Combat I could hit 125k-150k if I worked my rear end off. In Watchman I can hit 200k-250k with relative ease. Yet BioWare spent time trying to make Watchman better.

They mentioned that they were going to do some "quality of life" upgrades for our class, but then have made no comment regarding this.

Something puzzles me in the numbers you give: you earned the healer medal, which is an indication that you are watchman spec'd. But at the same time, you also earned the annihilator medal, a 5k blow on a target. Hum, either these numbers are just a fake, either your opponents were really badly stuffed...

Having high expertise while attacking a sloth wearing opponent with low to no Expertise, using Merciless Slash, while using adrenals/buffs, with Might, with Inspiration, on a high crit.

I do agree with most of your points OP, except saying "if our class is harder then there is something inherently wrong with us"

there's nothing wrong with a class being harder to play. that would be like saying the hard mode difficulty of any game of any genre should be made easier because it's harder than the other difficulties

now, can we use some tweaks? most certainly, we do kind of push the "too hard" threshold, but there's nothing wrong with being harder than the average "push face to keyboard, roll to the right, ???, profit" class

edit: I will admit I am only level 28 and have only done a few quests on Alderaan, so I don't exactly know the full extent of the Sentinel, but I will say I am enjoying being the apparently worst spec Combat, and I do know a fair amount of what I'm doing, having managed to solo "learn your *********** class" Valis at level 23

Edited by Metaspark

Our biggest problem right now is that our Marauder "mirror" has alot more damage than what we do, especially with Watchman (Annihilation) spec.

they have exactly the same damage in the same gear. there's not even any major ability disadvantages like you run into in the trooper vs bounty hunter match up.

now there may be a few reasons they may have an easier time gearing up on the imp side but thats a story for a different topic

they have exactly the same damage in the same gear. there's not even any major ability disadvantages like you run into in the trooper vs bounty hunter match up.

now there may be a few reasons they may have an easier time gearing up on the imp side but thats a story for a different topic

That's just it, they don't mate.

Checking 5 minutes ago; http://i.imgur.com/acyRx.jpg < his Rupture's tooltip (Cauterize) reads 1421 damage over 6 seconds, while mine with even more Power (910) reads 956 damage over 6 sec. That's quite a huge difference.

I hate PvP in MMORPGs. I hate seeing the games mutilated to accomodate PvP whiners.

PvP in a complex and deep PvE game like TOR, or any other real MMORPG, has no hope of EVER being balanced, it's simply not possible.

Keep dreaming, and devs will keep screwing up the game to try to make you less teary eyed, but there will never be quality PvP in a full-fledged MMORPG.

Watchman is better off (as is Focus) by leaps and bounds. In Combat I could hit 125k-150k if I worked my rear end off. In Watchman I can hit 200k-250k with relative ease. Yet BioWare spent time trying to make Watchman better.

erm woot??

a 125k - 150k hit in combat and a 200k - 250k hit in watchman?? erm in what world do you live then becouse thats a bit out of the question to deal a hit like that. i want to know ur criticals then, thats atleast 300k in watchman then with a hit.

you prolly mean in a total PVP game ...

I lvled my sent with watchman spec but am using focus for pvp now. The satisfaction of seeing all the imps around you lose a chunk of hp when you sweep is just great. I can get over 300k without a dedicated healer roughly half the wzs i play now. I think the OP has some L2P issues as well as gear issues, but i agree on some points (mainly the no- or reduced- minimum range on force leap for specs other than watchman, decreased animation on sweep so you dont get knocked back before the dmg kicks in, etc). The thing is, tje sentinel is a very skill intensive class, melee classes usually are. It took a lot of practice for me to start doing well in pvp, i used to do terrrible. Resource management seems overwhelming at first, but like i said it just takes practice. Centering isnt hard to build if you have defensive forms talent, and of course you should be valorous call pretty much on cd.

Some tips for focus speccers. The skill that grants 10 centering when transcendence ends seems not that useful, but it actually grants you 20 stacks if you buffed another person with trans, and 30 if you buffed 2 or more, so in group fights (warzones), you can basically have endless transcendence, which is awesome. Allows you to quickly get away if youre getting focused, easy to get in range for attacks, and also to quickly run to more than 10m of your target so you can force leap if its up. Always use force leap instead of zealous leap if you can, since ZL costs 3 focus, and FL builds 4 (3 if untalented).

If your singularity and felling blow buffs are up and youre about to go into a group of imps for a sweep, try using camo to prevent knockbacks and ensure the sweep hits. Doesn't make you immune to a inquis overload, but usually camo ensures that i dont get knockbacked.

Pop rebuke the second you start getting hit, and saber ward when you go below 50% or think youre about to get focus fired. Jedi crusader talent that builds focus is great. If I know im about to die, and I cant get away even with transcendence, ill usually pop zen and get as many slashes in as possible till i die, it helps with maxing your dps numbers.

Good players know that you have guarded by the force, and will usually stun you once you get really low hp to stop you from using it and prolonging your death for 5 seconds. If you think/know they have a stun up, use Guarded a little before you usually would, thereby surviving the stun and the dmg that follows it.

The skill that heals you for 10% of hp when using resolute is nice, and usually gives me the 2.5k heal medal sometime during the warzone.

Using awe right after you sweep a group of imps is usually a good idea.

Leg slash only costs 1 focus, use it a lot.

I've just stated that I acquired these at some point during my play time as a Sentinel, there are clearly more than 10 medals there. When/how I got them are completely circumstantial, my point was mostly that none of the are "out of reach" so to speak with relation to: Sentinels can't get medals /problem.

I tried speccing into each tree more than once at different level points if that clears anything up.

That being said, Merciless Slash on a crit with my current gear can hit lesser geared 50's for quite a bit. I haven't actually breached 4.5k on a crit yet but I've witnessed it a few times. It happens and yes against weaker geared opponents, but yeah... it does happen which, again, was the whole point of me posting that list.

Edited by HiroAyami

I hate PvP in MMORPGs. I hate seeing the games mutilated to accomodate PvP whiners.

PvP in a complex and deep PvE game like TOR, or any other real MMORPG, has no hope of EVER being balanced, it's simply not possible.

Keep dreaming, and devs will keep screwing up the game to try to make you less teary eyed, but there will never be quality PvP in a full-fledged MMORPG.

This isn't Vegas. What happens in PVP doesn't stay in PVP. Its PVE as well where we suck. The points the OP made are almost all relavent to PVE.

look it all lookss nice when you go like "yes we are strong and no we dont suck as a class for these reasens" however you guys look at it from a point of view where ur side (the republic) is either with equal or more player when it comes to the imperial vs republic ratio. like i said before i i'm on a server wheres like 80% imperials and 20% republics and there for we republics have like a 75% losing chance since we got like less 50ers.

also the fact that since there are more imperials they play hutt balls wheres its imperials vs imperials and there for they get more games and that means more geared people allot faster due to the WZ with people from only on the same side. while the other side has to crawl forward like a snail to get the gear and stuff like it. ofcourse gear is related but the sentinel hangs the hardest to gear then any class. ofcourse skill is needed and related however none of the other class's have such a difficulty and yes i know it sounds like a whine but for once i would love to see a developer who actually make it balanced for all class's eventho i know and realise that that balancing is a bit difficult.

erm woot??

a 125k - 150k hit in combat and a 200k - 250k hit in watchman?? erm in what world do you live then becouse thats a bit out of the question to deal a hit like that. i want to know ur criticals then, thats atleast 300k in watchman then with a hit.

you prolly mean in a total PVP game ...

Not with a hit, I could hit, as in I could reach 125k - 150k and 200k - 250k respectively over the course of a Warzone. Not that I could do that with a single strike, ye Gods no.

look it all lookss nice when you go like "yes we are strong and no we dont suck as a class for these reasens" however you guys look at it from a point of view where ur side (the republic) is either with equal or more player when it comes to the imperial vs republic ratio. like i said before i i'm on a server wheres like 80% imperials and 20% republics and there for we republics have like a 75% losing chance since we got like less 50ers.

also the fact that since there are more imperials they play hutt balls wheres its imperials vs imperials and there for they get more games and that means more geared people allot faster due to the WZ with people from only on the same side. while the other side has to crawl forward like a snail to get the gear and stuff like it. ofcourse gear is related but the sentinel hangs the hardest to gear then any class. ofcourse skill is needed and related however none of the other class's have such a difficulty and yes i know it sounds like a whine but for once i would love to see a developer who actually make it balanced for all class's eventho i know and realise that that balancing is a bit difficult.

So to compensate for your servers inbalance and currently popular player versus player strategies, you want BioWare to ignore everything else and boost up a class you're playing so you can overcome unfair odds such as player versus player team ratios?

Your problems sound purely server related. Short of overpowering the class, you're not going to see an improvement until your server environment improves. There isn't a "class" fix for that. Your solution in all honestly is:

- Stick it out and wait for things to improve.

- Roll a new Character more capable of dealing with 2v1/3v1 situations consistently.

- Roll a new CHaracter on a better balanced server. Not all servers are 80-20.

No, you can't. No class has both healing AND tanking skills. If you're just talking about DPS tanking, sentinels do it better anyways. Yes, BH levels easier, but BHs level easier than ANYONE because of getting their healer companion on their starter planet. BHs are far easier to play, the average person will have far greater success as a BH than a Sentinel. However, Sentinels can be more successful than BHs when you look at playing them competitively.

Explain how a sent can be more succesful then BH in any way imaginable? BH have better dps, better armor, better defense abilities, better cc, better healing...and the sent has...and go..