Sentinel Needs Serious Love

Gundiok

I completely agree 110% with OP. We are PURE damage class, yet we do one of the lowest damages.

What's up with that BioWare? Please give us our MUCH NEEDED buff.

Which would be a real issue if it were true, But it is not.

We have one of the highest damage outputs, so the whole premise of your post is garbage

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I thought I was playing it badly cause I could barely kill a tank a level or two higher than me when im supposed to be able to burn quickly... Apparently Ive been doing well

The only thing I have against this class is the endurance levels (translated directly into HP) Cause at optimized (not artifact... the level below that one, having a braindead moment :p sorry) gear for my level 18 I only have barely any more health than an undergeared healer 3 levels below me... Ok prolly not barely but not the levels I should have given those circumstances)

Edited by Bulmunk

No, Sentinel does not need any serious love. Just a little flirt may be.

Sentinels are fine as they are. Sure, little bit of polishing here and there can help, a bit of fixing, but for God's sake, do not turn it into another easy mode class! Sentinel is harder to play than most other ACs, but when you master it, it is quite rewarding as well.

100k-170k WITH a pocket healer? You just need to change classes or something buddy I just started pvping with my sent (first char I got to 50 was sent, rolled an alt to 50 ended up gearing him first). I have ONE cent piece, offland lightsaber and a bunch of 49/50 artis I bought off the gtm and I average at LEAST 200k per match without a healer at all. Roll a sorc bro

edit: Yeah seriously, the people complaining about sent just aren't good enough to play one it's that simple. I have very little gear and I contend with anyone in terms of damage

Edited by ApotheosisLanyx

Which would be a real issue if it were true, But it is not.

We have one of the highest damage outputs, so the whole premise of your post is garbage

This , Watchman is a realy, realy great spec , imo both for pvp and pve.

Do you people read your skill tooltips before you use or invest a skilpoint or do you just go online and find a spec, plot stuff in and hope that this will make me f**king OP?

I'm calling out all the Watchman spec'd Sentinels who do 300 to 400k.

I believe you are but I also believe you are leaving some information out.

- Are you grouped, in a preform?

- Are you getting healed?

- Do you use macros through a mouse or other device?

- How under geared are your opponents?

- Do you just stay on healers and pad your numbers?

- Do you try to defend objectives, try to win a game, or just try to pad the damage meter?

- Do you just look for certain classes/players that you can always pwn?

I'm thinking it's a few things from above.

I have reached 300k but only because I had a pocket healer. I'm in 1/2 Champion and 1/2 Centurion gear. Most of the time I will hit 150k-200k damage but Commandos will hit over 400k every single time on my server. Our republic side has far less pvpers than the Sith and they are very well geared and usually preform. I have yet to see any Sentinels on my server to consistently hit over 300k so there is some discrepancy here. It's not just L2P. I believe there are other variables involved here for those claiming those numbers.

It's not rocket science to play a Sentinel. It's not hard at all. Calculus was hard. Divorce was hard. Making my first million was hard. It's obvious what abilities you need to use to max out your dps. There's plenty of guides here for people to read and to show them what buttons to press as well. So there's something else going on that you're not telling us. I'd really like to know exactly how you achieve damage over 300k consistently.

Thanks

I'm calling out all the Watchman spec'd Sentinels who do 300 to 400k.

I believe you are but I also believe you are leaving some information out.

- Are you grouped, in a preform?

- Are you getting healed?

- Do you use macros through a mouse or other device?

- How under geared are your opponents?

- Do you just stay on healers and pad your numbers?

- Do you try to defend objectives, try to win a game, or just try to pad the damage meter?

- Do you just look for certain classes/players that you can always pwn?

I'm thinking it's a few things from above.

I have reached 300k but only because I had a pocket healer. I'm in 1/2 Champion and 1/2 Centurion gear. Most of the time I will hit 150k-200k damage but Commandos will hit over 400k every single time on my server. Our republic side has far less pvpers than the Sith and they are very well geared and usually preform. I have yet to see any Sentinels on my server to consistently hit over 300k so there is some discrepancy here. It's not just L2P. I believe there are other variables involved here for those claiming those numbers.

It's not rocket science to play a Sentinel. It's not hard at all. Calculus was hard. Divorce was hard. Making my first million was hard. It's obvious what abilities you need to use to max out your dps. There's plenty of guides here for people to read and to show them what buttons to press as well. So there's something else going on that you're not telling us. I'd really like to know exactly how you achieve damage over 300k consistently.

Thanks

I don't always end up at 300k but normally very close if I don't. I run alone 99.9% of the time and I got mostly champion gear and some centurion. I work to win and not to boost my numbers and sometimes I do get standing alone on the left node through out the game and then ofcourse I won't be doing any 300k damage but if I end up defending mid alot or in voidstar i lay down really great numbers if it's an even game. I usually go on healers yes but mostly to interrupt them and possibly kill them. We have a fast interrupt so makes sense we shoudl be on healers when we can.

I use no macros at all with my mouse at all btw.

What we have that is so good is the way to drop out of combat for 4 seconds so they switches targets and then we can reemerge and attack again. We have 2 great defensive cd's and one that can make us immune to damage for a little while. IF we use these smart we can survive for a long time in a battle and do alot of damage.

100k-170k WITH a pocket healer? You just need to change classes or something buddy I just started pvping with my sent (first char I got to 50 was sent, rolled an alt to 50 ended up gearing him first). I have ONE cent piece, offland lightsaber and a bunch of 49/50 artis I bought off the gtm and I average at LEAST 200k per match without a healer at all. Roll a sorc bro

edit: Yeah seriously, the people complaining about sent just aren't good enough to play one it's that simple. I have very little gear and I contend with anyone in terms of damage

just thought i'd post an update. couple days later and i'm in 4 cent, 1 champ, 1 columi, burning force relic, still 124 modded mh, blue implant and modded gloves, 3 49/50 arti pieces bought off ah. i've gone from 12.5k hp to 14.5k hp. obviously after warming up a bit i've figured out how to play better and i'm averaging 250k damage per match now, solo queue usually no heals etc. i think the issue here is a user end error, you guys are just bad players, not really sure how else to put it tbh. roll a sorc?

Perhaps the watch or focus class are fine, but combat is lagging by every measure...so maybe this should be combat love instead of sent love?

Sentinel is amazingly good class, geared to the tactical player that can utilize it properly in different situations. With lots of situational rotations and abilities it definitely can be daunting.

Dps is only one facet of the class, and if you use that as a qualifier for how good it is, "that it needs some serious love", your being shortsighted. Our mobility and ability to adjust to different situations is great, if not amazing.

I often top the dps charts in pvp, so really it boils down to how your play your class. Pick your targets better, pick your situations better. I'm not going to tell you how to play your character, just know that it can be done and amazingly well.

I am not trying to flame or be mean. I definitely think that Sentinel class doesn't need love, but maybe the people having problems with class do. *group hug* =)

On a positive note, it would be nice to see some more guide on optimizing your playstyle, combat rotations ect, so that the players that get it can spread it to others.

Edited by Chimerael

this is sucha dumb post, come onto my server and play the sith marauders which are the same. they jump mow down and move on, no healer required they just take people down yes they eventually die but taking 4 guys with them. There Annihilation spec is ridiculous. you say you do 250k-300k and want more.... you know most range that doesn't gets no love from the enemy barely pushes 300k and you think melee needs more **** troll now theres nothing wrong with dualy warriors/knights other than their self healing is retarded.

I completely agree 110% with OP. We are PURE damage class, yet we do one of the lowest damages.

What's up with that BioWare? Please give us our MUCH NEEDED buff.

Hey Bugattiboy - just wanted to say I love your question in the Q&A thread (can't reply there obviously) - laughed out loud for 10 seconds!

Sentinel is amazingly good class, geared to the tactical player that can utilize it properly in different situations. With lots of situational rotations and abilities it definitely can be daunting.

Dps is only one facet of the class, and if you use that as a qualifier for how good it is, "that it needs some serious love", your being shortsighted. Our mobility and ability to adjust to different situations is great, if not amazing.

I often top the dps charts in pvp, so really it boils down to how your play your class. Pick your targets better, pick your situations better. I'm not going to tell you how to play your character, just know that it can be done and amazingly well.

I am not trying to flame or be mean. I definitely think that Sentinel class doesn't need love, but maybe the people having problems with class do. *group hug* =)

On a positive note, it would be nice to see some more guide on optimizing your playstyle, combat rotations ect, so that the players that get it can spread it to others.

tbh thats where the joke is, every class has something to keep the sentinel at range and if you say it isnt true then ur either ignorant or lying ur *** off. the sentinel has definetly a DM issue, people with the same gear quality hits me for 4-8k whil ei hit them what 3.5k (force sweep built) then my single target attack does barely 1500 while we sentinels are the pure mele DPSclss. even imperial agents ( ranged class) does more with a melee attack. also we sentinels actually have nothing with expertese since we need surge, surge and surge, we benefit more from surge (if you're focus). ok expertese adds up witht he extra DMG and less DMG you take however its the same for us if we get juped by 1 or 5 people then we rather can go for surge since 50 surge gives us more + DMG on our crits then 50 expertese. ok its also based on opinion. but if you say that we dont need a buff thne ur wrong. evenly geared class's do more DMG while they are a multifunctionel class copared to a a single functionel class. if a class with 2 option playstyle does something better thne us at our only optionthen whats the point for even taking us.

thne you say we have beneficial abilities well, erm ... yeah ofcours if you wan to wait 3 mis to get it ofCD and then another minute to get the 6 seconds DMG mitigation where we have to turn in 50% of our health just to get it (its a huge trade off) then our DMG well enough said about it. our survivabiliy is lesser the less even light armored people survive longer then us and ys you can say wegot a interupt but thats only 1 while other class's have like allot. then they stun and knockback while we dont. then yougot the abilities we cant use plus if a ranged class cast's something or attacks they automaticly turns while we have to trn manuelly and get in range. ok we are a close quarter combat class but if you can't fix the issue of us being compleetly and utterly useless except for being cannon meat. ok we have some good things but certainthings need to be changed to make it intersting. i play now a shadow and compared to the lsame level on the sent i do more DMG way more, its noticeble. so dontgo there with the sentinel our fine. they are far from it.

Love watchman myself but its going to be completely useless come 1.2 next month in rated warzones. Gonna need some kinda love or combat is going to be the way to go.

Are you insane? Do you realize how completely unkillable we are with a healer and guard? This spec will excel greatly in rated. Never seen a Combat Sent kill anything of value quicker than I can, and they lack the heals and utility we have (we gain centering so fast we can pop valorous for inspirations and transcendence at will and not lose a step with Zen).

the class is actually the most balanced in the game imo.

in the hands of a bad, it will be horrible, in the hands of a good, it's the most dangerous class on the field.

With the exception of a few high geared players I know by name I avoid the sith version of the sent in most WZs if I can. I can ruin a badly played one but a skilled player will require all my CDs and there is still a good chance I will lose.

Are you insane? Do you realize how completely unkillable we are with a healer and guard? This spec will excel greatly in rated. Never seen a Combat Sent kill anything of value quicker than I can, and they lack the heals and utility we have (we gain centering so fast we can pop valorous for inspirations and transcendence at will and not lose a step with Zen).

Rated Warzones=Half decent pvp'ers....not chaos

Burns will get cleansed immediately....lemme know how that works out for ya

Rated Warzones=Half decent pvp'ers....not chaos

Burns will get cleansed immediately....lemme know how that works out for ya

And every global that a healer isn't healing a 50% healing reduced target is a global that dude is closer to death. We put a lot of physical debuffs on a target (crippling's trauma, our snares, both dots) just on our own, combine that with other people's force/mental/physical/tech effects and its just a waste of time to cleanse when you could be healing for greater effect. Cleanses only remove two effects, take a global, and have a 4.5s cd.

Rated WZs will run a dps train, not just a single Sentinel. Your naivete is showing.

The only class that can remove effects on themselves well is an Operative when they use their dodge. And I can live with that seeing as how they can be killed while in a comatose state.

Edited by ShiroRX

And every global that a healer isn't healing a 50% healing reduced target is a global that dude is closer to death. We put a lot of physical debuffs on a target (crippling's trauma, our snares, both dots) just on our own, combine that with other people's force/mental/physical/tech effects and its just a waste of time to cleanse when you could be healing for greater effect. Cleanses only remove two effects, take a global, and have a 4.5s cd.

Rated WZs will run a dps train, not just a single Sentinel. Your naivete is showing.

The only class that can remove effects on themselves well is an Operative when they use their dodge. And I can live with that seeing as how they can be killed while in a comatose state.

Ya I'm pretty much siding with you on this one considering I can kill anything I focus as watchman, and I have almost infinite utility at lvl 29. The only issue with the class is the floor is very high so a lot of newcomers will have trouble. IMO I hope they don't do anything with the class because one buff and the forum QQ will be outrageous.