[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Adelbert

Meh now that I'm at level 50 and have seen the end game this has gone to the back burner, still it's unfortunate, but I highly doubt this game will have the longevity for me to actually see hi-res textures, you know 3 months form now, if ever.

Sad but after seeing the end game it's hard to care about any issues, even the ones they're screwing us on like this one.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I'm pretty sure StephenReid in a dev post has stated there will be enhancement in graphics in patch 1.2 in march, in reference to this thread.

Yes it will be fixed in 1.2 you're absolutely right.

Graphic fidelity = High resolution textures. 100% guranteed. Thanks for easing our minds big guy.

lol well thats pretty dissapointing to be honest, I got a pretty high end pc here, and should really be able to run this game with high resolution textures, but because Bioware want to make sure this game runs for everyone, they just decide to downscale the textures :S Ehm hello, don't we have graphic options for this? Like Low, Medium, High settings? Or maybe do it like Lord of the rings online, enable High Res Textures? And I am pretty sure in Lord of the rings online the armor/clothing textures are not this muddy as they are in this game. At least we should be able to choose.

And if anything is causing the downfall of PC gaming, its because of the developers making poor choices like these, Rage had the same problems with those low res textures, Crysis 1 had poor textures, why should we even buy a high end pc, when all these games are getting downgraded so they can be played on a consolle or on a pc that is 5 years old :s

While I do not agree with the tone and attitude of the post that you are replying to, what we would like them to say to us is fairly simple. A commitment to optimize the engine and implement the higher resolution textures. What was said is simply a vague statement that can be interpreted in a million ways. Most importantly it allows the company the freedom of doing a marginal 0,1% increase in quality and still be inline with their statement as it would still fall into "higher visual fidelity". The problem is clear. If they plan on putting in the higher resolution textures they can say: " We will work into optimizing the engine so that it allows the high resolution textures to be enabled for high end systems". The problem is that they are not saying that. The "higher visual fidelity" statement is a blanket statement which covers everything so it is absolutely no commitment. It is as simple as that. Considering that every statement and post here has gone through a PR department what you should wonder is why they choose this particular wording that means nothing at all. It is very simple. All it takes is one proper statement and everyone will relax but apparently we're in lack of one.

I'm sorry I don't normally let myself fall into this kind of attitude, but BioWare has been asking for it.

Being ignorant to a 10,000 post thread and just dismissing it with a wishy-washy blurr of a response which sounds just like their textures look is just childish behavior showing no respect to the guys paying their bills.

Edited by daMarek

lol well thats pretty dissapointing to be honest, I got a pretty high end pc here, and should really be able to run this game with high resolution textures, but because Bioware want to make sure this game runs for everyone, they just decide to downscale the textures :S Ehm hello, don't we have graphic options for this? Like Low, Medium, High settings? Or maybe do it like Lord of the rings online, enable High Res Textures? And I am pretty sure in Lord of the rings online the armor/clothing textures are not this muddy as they are in this game. At least we should be able to choose.

And if anything is causing the downfall of PC gaming, its because of the developers making poor choices like these, Rage had the same problems with those low res textures, Crysis 1 had poor textures, why should we even buy a high end pc, when all these games are getting downgraded so they can be played on a consolle or on a pc that is 5 years old :s

just to be fair, high res textures wasn't available for lotro when the game launched. it came a while later as well as a bunch of other improvements in graphics such as DX11 and other cool features. with that said, back in one of the beta phases for swtor, one of the builds has high res textures all the time, not just only during convo scenes. makes you wonder :rolleyes:

Edited by daftshadow

I've done my research on this and am a bit disappointed in Bioware. However, I'll swallow it and hope that March (1.2) brings some graphic upgrades, if not the high-resolution feature back.

Keep supporting the cause my friends.

Yes it will be fixed in 1.2 you're absolutely right.

Graphic fidelity = High resolution textures. 100% guranteed. Thanks for easing our minds big guy.

Considering It was the response to this very specific thread of high rez textures, I'm gonna hope for now, that's exactly what he was referring to instead of taking a constant negative stance as all your post have been big guy.

At this point if at least my character could render in high rez I would be happy for now until they optimize the render stream better.

Edited by WarheartZero

I've done my research on this and am a bit disappointed in Bioware. However, I'll swallow it and hope that March (1.2) brings some graphic upgrades, if not the high-resolution feature back.

Keep supporting the cause my friends.

If 1.2 doesnt deliver something in MAJOR change,ill be recinsidering my sub stance.

Considering It was the response to this very specific thread of high rez textures, I'm gonna hope for now, that's exactly what he was referring to instead of taking a constant negative stance as all your post have been big guy.

At this point if at least my character could render in high rez I would be happy for now until they optimize the render stream better.

Yeah at least own character and close range surrounding.

Edited by Urko

You're joking right? Please tell me you're joking! What are you playing this on, a cardboard box?

• ASUS P9P67 deluxe
  • I5 2500k
  • Nvidia 570GTX Asus DCUII
  • Sound Blaster Fatalty1 Pro
  • 8Gb of RAM (Munshkin)
  • Crucial C300 SSD
  • Alim Seasonic MI2II 620w Bronze
  • OS win7x64 Pro

All that with external tricks making the game looks even better than what you can achieve with in game parameters

1. Tricks
  2. AA
  3. Textures reflections
  4. RAMDRIVE

Not convinced yet?

I'm playing on a 27inches 1920*1200 monitor

So:

Pretty sure the game looks sleeker on my PC and loads much faster than yours ;)

Now I invite you to do the above tricks.

Then whatever you do the shadows does not look good in that game. And I would say they look really poor. At this point I just hope the devs will fix them before adding the high resolution textures.

And if you really want to enjoy SWTOR music and sounds, I invite you to put your hands on a Logitech G930 headset.

Personally I enjoy my cardboard box pretty much ^_^

• ASUS P9P67 deluxe
  • I5 2500k
  • Nvidia 570GTX Asus DCUII
  • Sound Blaster Fatalty1 Pro
  • 8Gb of RAM (Munshkin)
  • Crucial C300 SSD
  • Alim Seasonic MI2II 620w Bronze
  • OS win7x64 Pro

Personally I enjoy my cardboard box pretty much ^_^

What?! Only 8GB, a 2500K and 1920x1080?!?!?

Thats not a cardboard box!!! That's a wet paper bag!!!

:p:p:p

I love it when people attack other's systems to try and defend a game.

Hell this is an MMO from late 2011, it should feature all the features of previous games And more.

No one would buy Crysis 3 if it suddenly looked worse than BF3 and Crysis 1/2 and ran at far worse fps.

It's the same for MMO's. These are basic features and options that SWTOR is missing, and it's taking away from the games experience for many.

On a different note, I'm a sennheiser fan when it comes to headsets :D

Edited by AlValentyn

What?! Only 8GB, a 2500K and 1920x1080?!?!?

Thats not a cardboard box!!! That's a wet paper bag!!!

:p:p:p

I love it when people attack other's systems to try and defend a game.

Hell this is an MMO from late 2011, it should feature all the features of previous games And more.

No one would buy Crysis 3 if it suddenly looked worse than BF3 and Crysis 1/2 and ran at far worse fps.

It's the same for MMO's. These are basic features and options that SWTOR is missing, and it's taking away from the games experience for many.

On a different note, I'm a sennheiser fan when it comes to headsets :D

He he good one on the paper bag :)

[On a side note I did not even OC my PC as none game so far I played needed more horse power.]

For the headsets, I was like you, but all the reviews I read stated how great are the G930.

Even people owning other more expansive headsets stated they found the logitech superior, so i made the leap and... enjoying them!

Now for listening to music I would say the Sennheiser might be superior and comfort wise the Logitech aren't that great either.

Although, wireless + good mike + 7.1 for like $120 is, IMHO truly a steal.

BTW it's 1920*1200. I could add another 22inches next to the one I already have to have the game on 3 screens but I'm not very fond of having the graphics split with monitors bezels.

That being said I seriously encourage players to try the tricks I pointed at in my above post. At least enable the texture reflections if you have an Nvidia card. Seeing the surroundings reflected on metallic armors is really awesome and is even better during cutsene!

I'd say the devs can really make the game's engine shine, and the game is going to look gorgeous.

Although we need things like being able to set the draw distance or the bloom intensity and even change the windows gamma in windowed mode.

Edited by Deewe

I'm fairly surprised at the major "Explaination" we were given on this graphic quality issue and I actually feel like I'm being treated as an idiot.

Yes yes WE know very well why MMOS cannot have single player standard graphics.

WE also know what STANDARDS it can achieve, and honestly, a game released on

Decemember 2011, with all that funding pushed into it? I am very very disappointed.

That TOR image is not at max settings. If it is, the image was taken before the textures were fully loaded. My game at max settings looks nothing like that. Are you a little slow or just trolling?

A lot of people's looks like this. No not everyone will have texture problems, but it is obviously a huge issue.

I see exactly what he's talking about. Texture popping is also a huge issue

That TOR image is not at max settings. If it is, the image was taken before the textures were fully loaded. My game at max settings looks nothing like that. Are you a little slow or just trolling?

Now look in the mirror and say that out loud. Because what was in that screenshot is what many people are experiencing at max settings. And I don't mean people with POS computers either, so you can stick that one up Ohlen's rump.

A lot of people's looks like this. No not everyone will have texture problems, but it is obviously a huge issue.

I see exactly what he's talking about. Texture popping is also a huge issue

I sometimes get texture pop-in on initially loading after logging in, but on max settings with forced AA (in-game AA doesn't work for me), there is not a single texture in the game that looks like what he posted, for me. Even in the gear preview window.

He was using it troll. If others are having an issue with their textures looking like that on max settings, then they should be over on the technical support forums discussing it.

Edited by LaManoNera