[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Adelbert

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that doing nothing has ever accomplished, is nothing.

An excellent post Morgander. At the end of the day if we the consumer simply sit back and do nothing then surely that is telling companies and developers that we will accept anything that they care to do or any way they want to treat us their customers.

I'm not prepared to do that.

The way things have been done so far there's no way I'd treat my customers in the same manner.

Maybe that's what makes it clear to those who wonder why some of us have taken a stand in the only way we can - ask yourself this question...

If you were in charge of the processes and decisions made thus far to do with this one issue would you have made the same choices that Bioware have done and treated your customers in the same way?

You can notice it specially on the boots and belts of the characters. I'm wearing the same boots on some of my chars and they look like a blurry mess instead.

As mad as I am about all the false advertisement, these are NOT high resolution textures-

http://i44.tinypic.com/357nktv.jpg

That's a screenshot I took of 1:21 in the vid. They clearly show low resolution textures.

Edited by Khechari

Hi Bioware, I was just in my ship and I clicked on the holoterminal and saw my character with hi res textures.

I am extremely sad that I can't play like that all the time.

My computer is > $2000

It can run it. Let me figure out how to tweak the graphics settings.

Fix it please

Thanks

morg, sorry i took all day to reply back

as ive said, you are MORE THAN WELCOME to stop supporting the company "to make a point" (however right or wrong it may be i am not arguing that)

but I , MYSELF, do not find that a few micropixels and "lies" (wich is entirely arguable, they never announced "high rez" even if they showed it on the previews, im not gonna argue either way) is a reason to discard the entire product, a full playable mmo, wich is what i paid for, and what i would pay for continued acces to a monthly fee

yes there are bugs, but I havent found a single bug that makes the game stop being an entertaining experience to me, i am realistic and i expect them to be bugs, but the fact remains, the game has already shipped, the decision already taken, and we have been addressed on this issue already, we will get them at some point. now its our turn to chill out and wait.

i say again, no amount of whining, propaganda, blame, screaming, typing, reasoning or else is going to make the process move any faster, expecting it to is setting yourself up for dissapointment

i have way to much beaurocracy on my real life to care for it on a game, i personally dont care if it was a sleazy move, in the end , I , the consumer, got a product that i find satisfactory and enjoyable..is it perfect? no it is not, but i do not expect it to be

ive said enough on the issue, and i certainly respect your position but i do not , and will not, share it just to "stick it to the big man" . im sorry so lets just agree to disagree

PS: and you can find the yellow quoted part of my message disheartening all you want, what i find of value in a product is not going to change , i dont form my conceptions of value based on others , i form it on my own, and to ME , this issue is hardly worth more effort, i am sattisfied with the "we will put them in soon" reply since i am enjoying the REST of the product, i can count that as a bug that they will fix eventually,

Edited by LaVolpex

Have you SEEN the GAMEPLAY textures on the new advertisement video?

GAMEPLAY scenes.

Fighting scenes.

High Q. textures on them.

False advertisement again or an incoming fix?

Which makes me wonder... If they can show advertisements using hires then they have a client thats running using the hires textures right? If they have a client running hires textures, why havent they released this version, or at least that part of the client patched into the 1.1 update?

So, we know from the advertisments that they have a client in their office which can run with the hires textures. So, the coding is done right? All thats left is to import that part into the current release version. Maybe 10mbs of code is the only difference? Im no programmer, but cmon, obvioulsy the bulk of the work is done (or has been done just being withheld).

Is there any other explanation?

I'm glad this has been brought up and I can only hope it is remedied soon. It sucks having a great PC capable of running this game on what is supposed to be the high, and being stuck on medium instead. :(

I hope we don't have to wait till March for this...just patch it in when it's done as its own thing please Bioware.

Copied from my response to another post. If you can not tell, this is my final straw, and the make or break it deal on my subscription. So devs read it or dont, your decision and the consequences of what you choose will be forth coming. You want light or dark side points here?

Lets give you the option, take down the screenshots that are false advertising, or fix the ingame textures - (light side + 150)

Do nothing act like you aren't doign anythign wrong, sweep the issue under the rug and hope peopel are so stupid they won't notice or to cowardly to call your bluff - (dark side +1000 - ie a new level of low)

Now i wish you would have had the insight to do this already, but since you want us to force the issue to get it resolved, and since you close forums with thousands of responses about it telling you and have started lying about it and hiding those forums and deleting those posts, here you go.

Choose. Be labeled a cowardly lying cheating MMO, or have some damn balls and fess up and fix this crap (so much for my hope itll even get better right, like even better textures or mesh detail or real customization any new mmo has for our characters and companions?, I can't even get you to do what your still currently advertising ****)

The issue http://www.swtor.com/media/screens/

I didnt stop playing wow for swtor or other mmo's. Wow has so many advantags over everything and we have over 400 in guild there. It has become pretty easy though, what took me a year to get to end game, now takes people mere weeks on average. My character equity was completely screwed aswell and now anybody can have the same things I have, such as reputation levels or etc easier and faster, but nothing beats the smooth combat especially pvp, not rift startrek or here, nothing beats the quality of life little things that swtor will make u almost cry to have back. Like adding freinds not online, guild summoning to where ever u are, guild perks in general, just little things like a timer by ur portrait saying how long ur still flagged for, linking professions in chat, u name it wow is better at it, and sadly even textures. And for a game made after 2010, this game doesnt even have as good of graphics as secondlife made in early 2000. photo realistic textures have been a standard in 3d now for over 5 years and im looking at muddy chalk here, not even getting into mesh detail or bum maps/overlays.

The only reason I am playing swtor as well, is because I like starwars, have since I saw it come out. The only reason bioware, lucas and ea have my subscription, is because I want the game to succeed I like starwars.

I think im being falsly advertised to, (check screenshots where they are still advertising in game combat with high textures for instance to get new players while lying to us saying it was never supposed to be anything but conversations) calling conversation cutscreens, cinematics!!!!! To not get sued for it. And then telling us if we installed after jan 4th, we'd have them!!!! Only to have medium changed to high next patch!!!! This has become the absolute worst dealings i have had with any company whatsoever in a very long time.

So I am still playing wow,this game made me miss wow when i was sick of wow b4, now im thankful for it! I am still playing here, but I really am considering quitting here just based on principle of false advertising over the textures and getting lied to on top of that about it when we as a coimmunity tookt he time and effort to give them the benefit of the doubt with 4+ forums of over 1000 posts each and they just swept it under the rug and closed the damn thing down! And being treated like an idiot having them change basic definitions etc! Nothing has pissed me off more in recent years then to have a video game, whos quality is based on the graphics, ie video game, falsely advertise those graphics and then lie to me about what they did. I almost want to join a class action lawsuit and put this company under, but i like bioware, they had a few good games and if it wasnt for their name and lucas on the sticker persay, I'd not of even joined or trusted it, now im wondering if i ever should have.

On an additional note, I like the game, the fun factor is there, it needs some major bug fixes and some better focus on where my equity is (my character itself, companion story lines, customization etc) and to stop trying to be like wow in the first place. I hate theres no diplomatic option like a bonus for not killing 50 of this or that, for light side and killing 50 of this or that for dark side, but the light/dark side idea is innovative and keeps you immersed in story line. I love the voice acting, but the number one reason for me to like any mmo, is character equity, character detail (graphics quality/texture res mesh detail) and customization, and again did i say my character?

So we shall see how this game ends up, so far it is about to ruin even my fond memories of the movies themselves. But I am still hoping, I am having fun as long as I am not end game yet, and we do have a few that are stuck for 6 months and have expanded guild to here. So I have to kinda be here unless guild collapses on it.

If theyd fix the flat out false advertising and lying to me (by removing the screenshots gallery they ahve up that is falsely advertising to new players, or by simply allowing me to choose if it really is a performance issue not some lucas cowardly attempt to hide there so precious artwork (and ya lucas, this dealign with graphics is making you look paranoid dealw ith it, and fix the false advertising if u do not liek it)), then i could live with bugs while they are fixed.

But if this texture issue is continued to be swept under the rug. Idc how good this game gets. I will not reward lying false advertising theives. I hate poeple like that, and will honestly unsubscribe for my real life light side point choice!

No matter how much I like some of the innovative features on swtor.

As far as wow goes, we got a bunch of new people that have been joining our server lich king title run last night for fun for newbies, and had a blast. Spent awhile in bg and arena , had a blast. Did some firelands and such dailies, was ok enough to buy some of the stuff i wanted (chant). Geared a little guildie (crafting), elected another officer, got to see friends i have had for 5+ years, pretty much an overall good experience. Even the customer service is back to fast, issues being addressed. They even asked me what I'd like to see different b4 and after pandas (They are obviously takign this seriously, I think millions of subscribers is a big dealwto most companies). Told them I miss wow vanilla, and it being something to explore havening to read th quests or even go to thottbot to figure them out. Wanted better detail mesha nd graphics options and more charcter customization and that the humans should eb eye candy not eye sores. Miss havening to use thottbot or really read a quest, because it kept me engaged in story line, And hated I couldnt finish story lines without raid in almost every aspect now. And some basic fun factor needed back in the game - less raid end game content only focus, and more fun factor and charcter detaila nd customization, since that is where oru equity lies. They all agreed (3 gm's came to talk to me because they knew I played swtor and I ran one the oldest active guilds around and they just literally wanted my opinion. And said they had some new changes coming b4 (im sure over swtor and loss of subscribers) and after panda now, to get back to wow vanilla and the fun factor and exploration and mystery of the game that they think I will really like alot. And you know what? Unlike this game has made me start to do, and question everything im told by a company, I actually believed them, was nice to simply not have to distrust the people speaking to me, like i feel i have come to do here.

I know this is long, but as u can see, these peopel are pissing me off with crap like

http://www.swtor.com/media/screens/

and comments like

Quote:

Mon, 08/08/2011 - 17:29

This is my new Desktop. Its gorgeous!! I so hope the game and graphics live up to some of these images once it gets on my PC. I'll be in screenshot heaven.

and then being told

Quote:

Hey everyone, thanks for bearing with us as we investigated the concerns raised here.

After investigation, it seems that the confusion here is a combination of a UI issue that's been resolved and a feature that's working as intended, but the reason why it's 'working as intended' needs explanation.

First, the UI issue. The preferences menu as it is seen on the Public Test Server for version 1.1 of the game is correct - there are only supposed to be two texture choices, 'Low' and 'High'. This replaces the original three-choice preference of Low/Medium/High because in reality, there was never supposed to be a 'Medium' choice - that was a bug.

Here's where we need to explain. As many of you have noted, your character in the game world is rendered using lower resolution textures than inside of cinematic conversation scenes. This was a deliberate decision by the development team. To understand why this was done, I have to briefly talk about MMOs and their engines.

In comparison to single player games and other genres of multiplayer online games, MMOs have much higher variability in the number of characters that can be potentially rendered on-screen at the same time. In MMOs, even though most of the time you'll see a relatively small number of characters on screen, there are certain situations in which many more characters will be seen. Some examples of these situations include popular gathering places in-game (in our case, the two fleets), Operations with large teams, and Warzones. In those scenarios the client (and your PC) has to work hard to show off a lot of characters on-screen.

During development and testing of The Old Republic, our priorities were to ensure the game looked great and performed well. In testing, we discovered that using our 'maximum resolution' textures on in-game characters during normal gameplay could cause severe performance issues, even on powerful PCs. There were a variety of possible options to help improve performance, but one that was explored and ultimately implemented used what is known as a 'texture atlas'.

To understand that I've got to get technical for a minute. When a character in the game is 'seen' by another character - ie, gets close to your field of view - the client has to 'draw' that character for you to see. As the character is 'drawn' for you there are a number of what are known as 'draw calls' where the client pulls information from the repository it has on your hard disk, including textures, and then renders the character. Every draw call that is made is a demand on your PC, so keeping that number of draw calls low per character is important. With our 'maximum resolution' textures a large number of draw calls are made per character, but that wasn't practical for normal gameplay, especially when a large number of characters were in one place; the number of draw calls made on your client would multiply very quickly. The solution was to 'texture atlas' - essentially to put a number of smaller textures together into one larger texture. This reduces the number of draw calls dramatically and allows the client to render characters quicker, which improves performance dramatically.

When it comes to cinematic scenes, however, characters are rendered using the higher number of draw calls and maximum resolution textures. This is because in those scenes, we have control over exactly how many characters are rendered and can ensure that the game performs well. The transition between 'atlas textured' characters (out of cinematics) and 'maximum resolution' textures (in cinematics) is mostly hidden by the transition between those two states (when the screen goes black), but obviously it's clear if you pay close attention.

In summary; yes, we had a small UI bug that unfortunately caused confusion over how the game is intended to work. The textures you're seeing in the course of normal gameplay are optimized for that mode of play. The textures you're seeing during cinematics are also optimized for that mode of play. They are higher resolution, but that's because we're able to control cinematic scenes to ensure good performance in a way we can't during normal gameplay.

We understand the passion and desire for people to see the same textures you see in our cinematic scenes in the main game. Because of the performance issues that would cause for the client, that's not an immediate and easy fix; we need to ensure we're making choices that the majority of our players will be able to benefit from. Having 'atlassed textures' helps performance overall, and that's a very important goal for us.

With that said, we've heard your feedback here loud and clear. The development team is exploring options to improve the fidelity of the game, particularly for those of you with high-spec PCs. It will be a significant piece of development work and it won't be an overnight change, but we're listening and we're committed to reacting to your feedback.

Quote:

First, the UI issue. The preferences menu as it is seen on the Public Test Server for version 1.1 of the game is correct - there are only supposed to be two texture choices, 'Low' and 'High'. This replaces the original three-choice preference of Low/Medium/High because in reality, there was never supposed to be a 'Medium' choice - that was a bug.

Really?!!! ****

Quote:

In summary; yes, we had a small UI bug that unfortunately caused confusion over how the game is intended to work. The textures you're seeing in the course of normal gameplay are optimized for that mode of play. The textures you're seeing during cinematics are also optimized for that mode of play. They are higher resolution, but that's because we're able to control cinematic scenes to ensure good performance in a way we can't during normal gameplay.

OK come the f on, i am not a damn idiot. What the hell is this crap ur still advertising 'in combat' 'high res' and my god do u think im f stupid to try to change a damn definition of cinematic! For real, who the f thinks a conversation is a pre-rendered bump map, shadow map etc cinematic ?!!!!!!!!! My ***!

This is why i may never play this game again if in patch 1.2 as we were told again, it would get better. If my graphics are not fully what was advertised in 1.2, i will be forced to join a lawsuit to shut this game down. I DO NOT WANT THAT I WANT THE GAME TO SUCCEED, SO MY GOD STOP ACTING LIKE YOU CAN"T EVEN READ THIS!!!!!!!

In a video game, graphics quality, is the video games quality or wed all be playing pacman, asteroids and space invaders etc. And when you advertise better graphics which is why half the peopel buy a video game in the first place, then lie to me about it!!! Acting like I am a fool!!! I want a recourse of action. that one step alone, has pissed me off, lossed my trust and makes me distrust anything else you do! Because not only was i lied to in the first place for weeks to keep me from unsubbing, but now they are tryign to hide the crap, AND YOUR STILL F'ING DOING IT !!!!!!!

http://www.swtor.com/media/screens/jedi-sage-0

No matter how much i like this game. My integrity is going to make me try to have it shut down. And when your catering to people of integrity on half your game with light side points, YOU WOULD THINK YOU HAD SOME FORM OF KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT INTEGRITY IS! And, you damn well better realize what you just did!!! And fix that crap now! Because there is proof in your own current advertising! Your still false advertising!! And we have tried to tell you about it!!! YOU SHUT DOWN THE FORUM ON IT!!! - And tbh i cant believe other mmo's that you have taken subscribers from, havent sued you out the ***** yet, because it has cost them some major damages; people switching from wow to play sw, many of whom did so based on the graphics advertisements alone - because as many have said this is just basically space wow atm with voice GRAPHICS WERE SUPPOSED TO BE ONE OF THE KEY DEFINING DIFFERENCES, and this is after the forced subscription to get my 30 days included game time shady move!!.

Now not only do i expect the graphics to get fixed, but 4 body options? REALLY? I thought the beta was a limited set fo things you were testing, come to find out its worse then the beta? I AM FLABERGASTED AT A PRODUCT THAT COMES OUT WORSE THEN ITS BETA!! Big grey censor bars on every body? No ability to change things after creation, when u get to see what it actually looks like playing? There is just so much i cant stand about what lured me here.

Now back to trying to see if I can get kira to talk to me because she still says i want to speak to u on your ship, till i get there again and she wont again!!! As usual just like pre-patch, back and forth from planet to ship, at 10k/10k affection, guess ill go back to finishing every planet story line hoping maybe hers will pop up on this next planet or the one after that, like Nar seemed to kick a few off going there. Because there isnt much else to enjoy with my graphics lacking so - space is fun, pvp is sub par, missions are awesome witht he voice and light dark side options, if my graphics worked (what i have to star at almost the entire time i play (I find i repeat conversations just to see wha I COULD LOOK LIKE IF IT WORKED!) much elss actual charcter customization and detail like startrek has, a game that came out years b4 this one, or like second life has, a game that came out almost a decade b4 this one!).

If there was even the amount of customization star trek had, if this game actually looked like it came out in 2012, then ok , I could have some time and energy invested into my character and not feel ripped off. I could stop staring at a blurrry character most fo the entire time i am playing, DO YOU NOT GET THAT?!!! I have to STARE AT MY CHARACTER AND COMPANION THE ENTIRE TIME!!!! FIX ATLEAST THEM, Give me soem character customization that is a decade old in 3d graphics, slider bars for dif body parts, overlays/tattoos etc, atleast what your competitor did years ago on STAR TREK OR SECOND LIFE OR ETC! Atleast WOW I can udnerstand, its 7 years old, photo realistic textures weren't evena standard back then, BUT YOU?!! YOU JUST CAME OUT, YOUR SUPPOSED TO HAVE THE BEST CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION AND GRAPHICS.

SWTOR is the NEW game!!!, Why the hell does it look worse then any other aaa title out there, AND why is there no real customization for my character and what the hell are you doign falsely advertising still and lyign to us when the proof is on your own damn website!!!

STOP GOING BACKWARDS!! STOP TREATING YOU RCOMMUNITY LIKE FOOLS!!, MAN UP AND TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY OR YOUR GOING TO GET SUED AND COST ME A GAME I HAD EXTREMLY HIGH HOPES FOR. SO YOU THINK I WANT YOU TO GET SUED? I WANT YOU TO F"ING SUCCEED OR I WOULDNT EVEN TELL YOU THIS CRAP ID JUST GO HIRE A LAWYER!!

The only reason your stock didnt go bust, is because you flat out started lying to the community and doing the bait and switch bs and swept real issues under the rug to be adressed at some future time. BUT YOUR STOCK WOULD HAVE RISEN IF U'D BEEN HONEST AND JUST FIXED THE DAMN PROBLEM!!!!

I will still be playing for awhile, atleast till 1.2, But if they pull this crap then also to try to keep me subscribing, wanting my graphcis, I already paid for! Idc how much i like starwars, these companies and this game can go screw itself.

You devs hear that? LUCAS, BIOWARE, EA? If u screw me/us on 1.2 and lie to me again about these graphics and do not either drop ur screenshot galleries false impretions or actually make what you radvertising be what you have, thats the last straw.

So do I still play wow, hell ya, Will I stop, probably not, Will I keep playing here? we will see whent he false advertising stops.

OH and for the record, if u delete my post, IMA SEND THIS TO MSNBC, the WOW forums and any number of other social outlets I can find, I brought this to your forums. For u to address without legal action havening to be taken by anybody, You didnt get it done b4 your first renewal and i bet your paying the price for it, lets see if a second chance works, or if you decide im an even greater fool and f yourselves even more.

YOU ended my thread, closed the forum this was on and sent me here, OK I get that, but this thread was closed last time i looked, I am glad you opened it back up and if u delete it here to , That is it bioware/lucas/es, I am trying to keep this game going and ur just going to drive me and anybody else with half a brain off this game

THOSE OF YOU WITH NOTHING TO DO OR SAY BUT MAKE PERSONAL ATTACKS< GO BACK TO THE WOW FORUMS YOU WERE PROBABLY BANNED FROM.

BW?LUCAS?ES I SAID THIS TO HELP YOU AND KEEP THIS GAME GOING AND MAKE IT LAST, IF YOU CAN NOT UNDERSTAND THAT, THEN REALLY I HAVE NO HOPE FOR THIS GAME- YOU PUT SO MUCH LOVE AND CARE INTO THIS GAME< YOUR ARTISTS PUT SO MUCH WORK< DO NOT SCREW YOURSELF WITH IDIOTIC TEMPORARY PR MOVES

Let's see- how many "must fix" issues do they have

1. Crafting System (fixing vs nerfing)

2. Graphics

3. PVP/Illum

4. bugs, bugs, and more bugs.

I begin to believe they released it too soon. That or marketing shouldn't have heralded it as 'serious' competition to replace World or Warcraft.

It's a given they won't solve all of them... and much more likely none will be addressed in the next 6 months... not if 1.1 was any indication of what their priority list is.

Hell- they'll be lucky to be more than another Warhammer at this pace.

Copied from my response to another post. If you can not tell, this is my final straw, and the make or break it deal on my subscription. So devs read it or dont, your decision and the consequences of what you choose will be forth coming. You want light or dark side points here?

Lets give you the option, take down the screenshots that are false advertising, or fix the ingame textures - (light side + 150)

Do nothing act like you aren't doign anythign wrong, sweep the issue under the rug and hope peopel are so stupid they won't notice or to cowardly to call your bluff - (dark side +1000 - ie a new level of low)

Now i wish you would have had the insight to do this already, but since you want us to force the issue to get it resolved, and since you close forums with thousands of responses about it telling you and have started lying about it and hiding those forums and deleting those posts, here you go.

Choose. Be labeled a cowardly lying cheating MMO, or have some damn balls and fess up and fix this crap (so much for my hope itll even get better right, like even better textures or mesh detail or real customization any new mmo has for our characters and companions?, I can't even get you to do what your still currently advertising ****)

The issue http://www.swtor.com/media/screens/

I didnt stop playing wow for swtor or other mmo's. Wow has so many advantags over everything and we have over 400 in guild there. It has become pretty easy though, what took me a year to get to end game, now takes people mere weeks on average. My character equity was completely screwed aswell and now anybody can have the same things I have, such as reputation levels or etc easier and faster, but nothing beats the smooth combat especially pvp, not rift startrek or here, nothing beats the quality of life little things that swtor will make u almost cry to have back. Like adding freinds not online, guild summoning to where ever u are, guild perks in general, just little things like a timer by ur portrait saying how long ur still flagged for, linking professions in chat, u name it wow is better at it, and sadly even textures. And for a game made after 2010, this game doesnt even have as good of graphics as secondlife made in early 2000. photo realistic textures have been a standard in 3d now for over 5 years and im looking at muddy chalk here, not even getting into mesh detail or bum maps/overlays.

The only reason I am playing swtor as well, is because I like starwars, have since I saw it come out. The only reason bioware, lucas and ea have my subscription, is because I want the game to succeed I like starwars.

I think im being falsly advertised to, (check screenshots where they are still advertising in game combat with high textures for instance to get new players while lying to us saying it was never supposed to be anything but conversations) calling conversation cutscreens, cinematics!!!!! To not get sued for it. And then telling us if we installed after jan 4th, we'd have them!!!! Only to have medium changed to high next patch!!!! This has become the absolute worst dealings i have had with any company whatsoever in a very long time.

So I am still playing wow,this game made me miss wow when i was sick of wow b4, now im thankful for it! I am still playing here, but I really am considering quitting here just based on principle of false advertising over the textures and getting lied to on top of that about it when we as a coimmunity tookt he time and effort to give them the benefit of the doubt with 4+ forums of over 1000 posts each and they just swept it under the rug and closed the damn thing down! And being treated like an idiot having them change basic definitions etc! Nothing has pissed me off more in recent years then to have a video game, whos quality is based on the graphics, ie video game, falsely advertise those graphics and then lie to me about what they did. I almost want to join a class action lawsuit and put this company under, but i like bioware, they had a few good games and if it wasnt for their name and lucas on the sticker persay, I'd not of even joined or trusted it, now im wondering if i ever should have.

On an additional note, I like the game, the fun factor is there, it needs some major bug fixes and some better focus on where my equity is (my character itself, companion story lines, customization etc) and to stop trying to be like wow in the first place. I hate theres no diplomatic option like a bonus for not killing 50 of this or that, for light side and killing 50 of this or that for dark side, but the light/dark side idea is innovative and keeps you immersed in story line. I love the voice acting, but the number one reason for me to like any mmo, is character equity, character detail (graphics quality/texture res mesh detail) and customization, and again did i say my character?

So we shall see how this game ends up, so far it is about to ruin even my fond memories of the movies themselves. But I am still hoping, I am having fun as long as I am not end game yet, and we do have a few that are stuck for 6 months and have expanded guild to here. So I have to kinda be here unless guild collapses on it.

If theyd fix the flat out false advertising and lying to me (by removing the screenshots gallery they ahve up that is falsely advertising to new players, or by simply allowing me to choose if it really is a performance issue not some lucas cowardly attempt to hide there so precious artwork (and ya lucas, this dealign with graphics is making you look paranoid dealw ith it, and fix the false advertising if u do not liek it)), then i could live with bugs while they are fixed.

But if this texture issue is continued to be swept under the rug. Idc how good this game gets. I will not reward lying false advertising theives. I hate poeple like that, and will honestly unsubscribe for my real life light side point choice!

No matter how much I like some of the innovative features on swtor.

As far as wow goes, we got a bunch of new people that have been joining our server lich king title run last night for fun for newbies, and had a blast. Spent awhile in bg and arena , had a blast. Did some firelands and such dailies, was ok enough to buy some of the stuff i wanted (chant). Geared a little guildie (crafting), elected another officer, got to see friends i have had for 5+ years, pretty much an overall good experience. Even the customer service is back to fast, issues being addressed. They even asked me what I'd like to see different b4 and after pandas (They are obviously takign this seriously, I think millions of subscribers is a big dealwto most companies). Told them I miss wow vanilla, and it being something to explore havening to read th quests or even go to thottbot to figure them out. Wanted better detail mesha nd graphics options and more charcter customization and that the humans should eb eye candy not eye sores. Miss havening to use thottbot or really read a quest, because it kept me engaged in story line, And hated I couldnt finish story lines without raid in almost every aspect now. And some basic fun factor needed back in the game - less raid end game content only focus, and more fun factor and charcter detaila nd customization, since that is where oru equity lies. They all agreed (3 gm's came to talk to me because they knew I played swtor and I ran one the oldest active guilds around and they just literally wanted my opinion. And said they had some new changes coming b4 (im sure over swtor and loss of subscribers) and after panda now, to get back to wow vanilla and the fun factor and exploration and mystery of the game that they think I will really like alot. And you know what? Unlike this game has made me start to do, and question everything im told by a company, I actually believed them, was nice to simply not have to distrust the people speaking to me, like i feel i have come to do here.

I know this is long, but as u can see, these peopel are pissing me off with crap like

http://www.swtor.com/media/screens/

and comments like

and then being told

Really?!!! ****

OK come the f on, i am not a damn idiot. What the hell is this crap ur still advertising 'in combat' 'high res' and my god do u think im f stupid to try to change a damn definition of cinematic! For real, who the f thinks a conversation is a pre-rendered bump map, shadow map etc cinematic ?!!!!!!!!! My ***!

This is why i may never play this game again if in patch 1.2 as we were told again, it would get better. If my graphics are not fully what was advertised in 1.2, i will be forced to join a lawsuit to shut this game down. I DO NOT WANT THAT I WANT THE GAME TO SUCCEED, SO MY GOD STOP ACTING LIKE YOU CAN"T EVEN READ THIS!!!!!!!

In a video game, graphics quality, is the video games quality or wed all be playing pacman, asteroids and space invaders etc. And when you advertise better graphics which is why half the peopel buy a video game in the first place, then lie to me about it!!! Acting like I am a fool!!! I want a recourse of action. that one step alone, has pissed me off, lossed my trust and makes me distrust anything else you do! Because not only was i lied to in the first place for weeks to keep me from unsubbing, but now they are tryign to hide the crap, AND YOUR STILL F'ING DOING IT !!!!!!!

http://www.swtor.com/media/screens/jedi-sage-0

No matter how much i like this game. My integrity is going to make me try to have it shut down. And when your catering to people of integrity on half your game with light side points, YOU WOULD THINK YOU HAD SOME FORM OF KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT INTEGRITY IS! And, you damn well better realize what you just did!!! And fix that crap now! Because there is proof in your own current advertising! Your still false advertising!! And we have tried to tell you about it!!! YOU SHUT DOWN THE FORUM ON IT!!! - And tbh i cant believe other mmo's that you have taken subscribers from, havent sued you out the ***** yet, because it has cost them some major damages; people switching from wow to play sw, many of whom did so based on the graphics advertisements alone - because as many have said this is just basically space wow atm with voice GRAPHICS WERE SUPPOSED TO BE ONE OF THE KEY DEFINING DIFFERENCES, and this is after the forced subscription to get my 30 days included game time shady move!!.

Now not only do i expect the graphics to get fixed, but 4 body options? REALLY? I thought the beta was a limited set fo things you were testing, come to find out its worse then the beta? I AM FLABERGASTED AT A PRODUCT THAT COMES OUT WORSE THEN ITS BETA!! Big grey censor bars on every body? No ability to change things after creation, when u get to see what it actually looks like playing? There is just so much i cant stand about what lured me here.

Now back to trying to see if I can get kira to talk to me because she still says i want to speak to u on your ship, till i get there again and she wont again!!! As usual just like pre-patch, back and forth from planet to ship, at 10k/10k affection, guess ill go back to finishing every planet story line hoping maybe hers will pop up on this next planet or the one after that, like Nar seemed to kick a few off going there. Because there isnt much else to enjoy with my graphics lacking so - space is fun, pvp is sub par, missions are awesome witht he voice and light dark side options, if my graphics worked (what i have to star at almost the entire time i play (I find i repeat conversations just to see wha I COULD LOOK LIKE IF IT WORKED!) much elss actual charcter customization and detail like startrek has, a game that came out years b4 this one, or like second life has, a game that came out almost a decade b4 this one!).

If there was even the amount of customization star trek had, if this game actually looked like it came out in 2012, then ok , I could have some time and energy invested into my character and not feel ripped off. I could stop staring at a blurrry character most fo the entire time i am playing, DO YOU NOT GET THAT?!!! I have to STARE AT MY CHARACTER AND COMPANION THE ENTIRE TIME!!!! FIX ATLEAST THEM, Give me soem character customization that is a decade old in 3d graphics, slider bars for dif body parts, overlays/tattoos etc, atleast what your competitor did years ago on STAR TREK OR SECOND LIFE OR ETC! Atleast WOW I can udnerstand, its 7 years old, photo realistic textures weren't evena standard back then, BUT YOU?!! YOU JUST CAME OUT, YOUR SUPPOSED TO HAVE THE BEST CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION AND GRAPHICS.

SWTOR is the NEW game!!!, Why the hell does it look worse then any other aaa title out there, AND why is there no real customization for my character and what the hell are you doign falsely advertising still and lyign to us when the proof is on your own damn website!!!

STOP GOING BACKWARDS!! STOP TREATING YOU RCOMMUNITY LIKE FOOLS!!, MAN UP AND TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY OR YOUR GOING TO GET SUED AND COST ME A GAME I HAD EXTREMLY HIGH HOPES FOR. SO YOU THINK I WANT YOU TO GET SUED? I WANT YOU TO F"ING SUCCEED OR I WOULDNT EVEN TELL YOU THIS CRAP ID JUST GO HIRE A LAWYER!!

The only reason your stock didnt go bust, is because you flat out started lying to the community and doing the bait and switch bs and swept real issues under the rug to be adressed at some future time. BUT YOUR STOCK WOULD HAVE RISEN IF U'D BEEN HONEST AND JUST FIXED THE DAMN PROBLEM!!!!

I will still be playing for awhile, atleast till 1.2, But if they pull this crap then also to try to keep me subscribing, wanting my graphcis, I already paid for! Idc how much i like starwars, these companies and this game can go screw itself.

You devs hear that? LUCAS, BIOWARE, EA? If u screw me/us on 1.2 and lie to me again about these graphics and do not either drop ur screenshot galleries false impretions or actually make what you radvertising be what you have, thats the last straw.

So do I still play wow, hell ya, Will I stop, probably not, Will I keep playing here? we will see whent he false advertising stops.

OH and for the record, if u delete my post, IMA SEND THIS TO MSNBC, the WOW forums and any number of other social outlets I can find, I brought this to your forums. For u to address without legal action havening to be taken by anybody, You didnt get it done b4 your first renewal and i bet your paying the price for it, lets see if a second chance works, or if you decide im an even greater fool and f yourselves even more.

YOU ended my thread, closed the forum this was on and sent me here, OK I get that, but this thread was closed last time i looked, I am glad you opened it back up and if u delete it here to , That is it bioware/lucas/es, I am trying to keep this game going and ur just going to drive me and anybody else with half a brain off this game

THOSE OF YOU WITH NOTHING TO DO OR SAY BUT MAKE PERSONAL ATTACKS< GO BACK TO THE WOW FORUMS YOU WERE PROBABLY BANNED FROM.

BW?LUCAS?ES I SAID THIS TO HELP YOU AND KEEP THIS GAME GOING AND MAKE IT LAST, IF YOU CAN NOT UNDERSTAND THAT, THEN REALLY I HAVE NO HOPE FOR THIS GAME- YOU PUT SO MUCH LOVE AND CARE INTO THIS GAME< YOUR ARTISTS PUT SO MUCH WORK< DO NOT SCREW YOURSELF WITH IDIOTIC TEMPORARY PR MOVES

tldr

Bioware is making false advertising cause they use a higher resolution in trailer/screenshot that those available in game.

So after reading the final response I now know how wrong their ads were. A friend of mine bought the game because the screenshots and videos on the OFFICIAL WEBSITE look so cool(duh!)! She should have asked me about it first. Game is ****** in its current state and I would rather play Rift or WoW until this game is fixed to a decent level or just get straight to Guild Wars 2.

Is there some update coming from Bioware on this crap? we seriously need a response saying heres were we are at with getting the player base high res before we lose too many players. Our server is already dieing out and it was one of the heavily populated ones. I'm sure the lack of meaningful pvp could be a factor too but still.

By what I read DRM strikes again.

http://uninsubria.academia.edu/MarcoTarini/Papers/777839/Protected_interactive_3D_graphics_via_remote_rendering

I get it, Lucas Arts wants to make sure you cant rip off textures and such. But it neuters the engine :(

Here they say they arnt using remote rendering but Im not sure what exactly to believe. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1501831#edit1501831

I really want to come back and play Bioware just give us the real high res textures as even a option again. There already in the game :(

Edited by coolguymike

Is there some update coming from Bioware on this crap? we seriously need a response saying heres were we are at with getting the player base high res before we lose too many players. Our server is already dieing out and it was one of the heavily populated ones. I'm sure the lack of meaningful pvp could be a factor too but still.

I'm not as upset as most people seem to be over this (although i do have the system to handle the higher res textures) But I'm curious, if the higher resolution textures were used in beta, why remove the option to use them entirely?

Beta ran just fine for me and many others. Don't neuter the game for those of us who have spent a fortune on our gaming PC's just because not everyone has one, that's what lower settings are for.

Loving the game either way, but some of my armor looks like a blurry mess.

Edited by tharun