Major Fixes to PvP Announced in Patch 1.1! (Must Read)

Zaodon

So there's no point in being biochem anymore for PvP, that's rather heavy handed. Obviously it was too good, but the overcharge sharing the cooldown with adrenals means adrenals are worthless as overcharge is better. Medpaks - until we see the numbers, not sure. The only advantage will be 32 main stat 14 power from the rakata 2 hour stims.

Grenades if their numbers remain anywhere near what they were become infinitely more useful by comparison, until we know for sure. I agree stacking was overpowered, but making them share full cooldowns makes biochem utterly worthless sadly. Who on earth is going to use an adrenal over 15% expertise, exactly? Only an idiot. It should have been like relics were, 3 minute cooldown base with 30 second cooldown on the second relic that wasn't used. Can't stack, but can still be used.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Big pros to BW is this is true. The consumabe cd sharing was something I myself came up with when thinking about how to fix the stacking issues and I labeled it like maybe in 2 months BW will do something about it.

Resubbed for next 3 months ... lets show some love for these changes.

To be honest though.

It isn't enough.

I understand the stacking problem, but really not an issue that most of us experienced most of the time that we did Warzones.

The vast majority of people were not coming across stim stacking classes.

There is very little else there of any merit, some tooltip fixes and misc stuff that doesn't really impact on people's playtime.

So much to do, and so little of value in those patch notes that I am not convinced to restart my sub.

I will check in 6 months and see whether they have actually got into the meat and potatoes of the problems and fixed them.

So there's no point in being biochem anymore for PvP, that's rather heavy handed. Obviously it was too good, but the overcharge sharing the cooldown with adrenals means adrenals are worthless as overcharge is better. Medpaks - until we see the numbers, not sure. The only advantage will be 32 main stat 14 power from the rakata 2 hour stims.

+ the medpacs you will not have to spend commendations on those if the reusable will be as good as bought.

Edited by Repefe

Grenades if their numbers remain anywhere near what they were become infinitely more useful by comparison, until we know for sure. I agree stacking was overpowered, but making them share full cooldowns makes biochem utterly worthless sadly. Who on earth is going to use an adrenal over 15% expertise, exactly? Only an idiot. It should have been like relics were, 3 minute cooldown base with 30 second cooldown on the second relic that wasn't used. Can't stack, but can still be used.

No point to being Biochem? You mean like having an Epic Stim and Medpac that aren't consumed. The Epic Stim alone is worth it, it's a HUGE stat bonus.

Edited by Dirtydurst

I find it funny that Bioware is nerfing Cybertech reuseable grenades when they are already nearly worthless due to a SHARED 5 minute CD on ALL the grenades. This equates to about one grenade use per Warzone (two at most and this is only if the WZ gets drawn out due to either farming or equally skilled groups which rarely happens).

They might as well simply remove the grenades from the game.

This is a good patch. I'm a 400 biochem and I agree this was needed.

In fact we have additional changes to classes and consumables currently in internal testing to deal with faster than anticipated kill times in player versus player combat in a future patch.

Looks like the future patch will take care of the rest.

Good this means consumable exploiters will QQ.. Too bad!

Now put in the 50-only Bracket, and the people farming lowbies will have a lot of QQ now.

I always hate people that exploit flawed early-release aspects like this, and would support them having at least a fraction of their valor rolled back as a result. Everyone should be rolled back to 40 valor with the release of 1.1.

lol, no that's not what's going to happen. those people will move onto the next FOTM build and roll with that until it gets nerfed.

To be honest though.

It isn't enough.

I understand the stacking problem, but really not an issue that most of us experienced most of the time that we did Warzones.

The vast majority of people were not coming across stim stacking classes.

There is very little else there of any merit, some tooltip fixes and misc stuff that doesn't really impact on people's playtime.

So much to do, and so little of value in those patch notes that I am not convinced to restart my sub.

I will check in 6 months and see whether they have actually got into the meat and potatoes of the problems and fixed them.

People exaggerate ... A LOT.

There's dozens of videos where people run around stim stacking + popping relics + stacking buffs and critting for 6k-10k back-to-back. People will suddenly get the magical impression that class is severely overpowered and you already see the outcome on the forum.

Also, there's too many people who think me = everyone's opinion or if they don't get what changes THEY want the game is broken.

Edited by ComeAndSee

If adrenals still stack with relics then not much has changed except people will die even faster now that health stims share a cooldown and got reduced. Am i missing something?

Yes, you are missing something. Read it again:

The PvP item “Overcharge Consumable” is now named “Warzone Expertise Adrenal.” Its cooldown has been reduced from 5 minutes to 3 minutes and it now shares a cooldown with other adrenals. It (and other adrenals) no longer stack with the PvP Power-Up that increases Expertise to prevent Expertise values from increasing beyond intended levels.

1. You can't stack the PvP stim with the Bio Stims (they all share a cooldown)

2. You can't stack any stim (pvp or bio) with the Red PowerUp in the games.

Old system: pvp stim + bio stim + powerup

New system: (1 stim buff, of your choice).

3 stacking buffs vs 1 buff.

Hugely significant.

I'm a bit sad about the medpack nerf. I havent' been able to make my Super Duper Medpack and the PVP one only heals for 4k. I was dying to see this amazing 5k heal they apparently do.

Other than that most of the biochem nerfs appear to be normilization.

As for the poeple who are complaining about the level 50 brackets and saying poeple should have valor rolled back. Get off your high horse, out of the forums and either play the game or get a life.

Yes, you are missing something. Read it again:

The PvP item “Overcharge Consumable” is now named “Warzone Expertise Adrenal.” Its cooldown has been reduced from 5 minutes to 3 minutes and it now shares a cooldown with other adrenals. It (and other adrenals) no longer stack with the PvP Power-Up that increases Expertise to prevent Expertise values from increasing beyond intended levels.

1. You can't stack the PvP stim with the Bio Stims (they all share a cooldown)

2. You can't stack any stim (pvp or bio) with the Red PowerUp in the games.

Old system: pvp stim + bio stim + powerup

New system: (1 stim buff, of your choice).

3 stacking buffs vs 1 buff.

Hugely significant.

and u miss what he wrote u can still stack the adrenalin with the on use relics

because the ones you are using now are pve relics, they didn't actually have pvp relics created

lol I never checked the pve vendor but I should've realized this from the name. amazing. nice finished game that was released.

Edited by CHRISGG

and u miss what he wrote u can still stack the adrenalin with the on use relics

Old system: pvp stim + bio stim + powerup + relic

New system: (1 stim/buff) + relic

What part of "huge difference" is difficult to comprehend?

Old system: pvp stim + bio stim + powerup + relic

New system: (1 stim/buff) + relic

What part of "huge difference" is difficult to comprehend?

the difference isnt that huge, but its a start

relic + adrenalin can still be pretty high burst for certain classes ( operative anyone? )

Edited by Tenndou

the difference isnt that huge

relic + adrenalin can still be pretty high burst for certain classes ( operative anyone? )

Regardless, they're going to be loosing a good 20-30% of their burst damage that they could previously achieve through stacking.

Assuming a net drop of 20% output (fairly conservative estimate, IMO), we're dropping 15k of damage in their notorious opening combo to 12k. that's a lot more margin to work with than previously.

No point to being Biochem? You mean like having an Epic Stim and Medpac that aren't consumed. The Epic Stim alone is worth it, it's a HUGE stat bonus.

BiS from Synth/Armormech are more than 32/14. Non-consumed medpac is useless once you have full/mostly champion. Do remember you cannot spend commendations on battlemaster gear.

There's no point to biochem if you min/max. There's a marginal point to biochem if you're a lazy person with bad gear who just hit 50.

PS: Exotech medpacs now heal for more than rakata, enjoy.

Edited by Haeso

PS: Exotech medpacs now heal for more than rakata, enjoy.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't Exotech Medpacs getting nerfed?

"The Exotech Medpac is now named “Exotech Med Unit.” Its overall healing has been reduced and is now in line with similar level medpacs"

And even if it does heal for more, it doesn't matter because the recipe isn't even in the game right now.