[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Adelbert

I AM OK with the current level of details!! This game is BEAUTIFUL!!!

i have NOOOOO PROBLEMS with graphics and i am willing to wait for BW to put in HQ graphics when the time is right.

Guys STOP the nit picking!!!!.

i run a pretty old rig. AMD phenom 2.8ghz. 4gig ram. Radeeon 5800HD, and to me the game Looks HOT!!!

HERE IS WHAT I SEE!!!!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/814/screenshot2012010422262.jpg/

BIOWARE. Sure i understand what all these guys are saying but YOU GUYS DID A GREAT JOB!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!

/Signed

Happy Customer!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you too!! I think the game is beautiful <3 I enjoy the gameplay a lot more than to complain about graphics.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And for ones that refuse to pay any more until it is fixed, or at the very least band-aided.

I'd settle for my character, my companion, and my group members to render in not-dog-barf while they worked on making their engine not completely suck. MMOs, at end-game, are typically gear driven. It's hard to get excited about my character when he looks like this at maximum available graphics settings.

And i've got THIS.

That's a freaking nounty hunter columi set with high and med. I see not only texture issue, but some glowing details missing on med aswel.

I love this game, but... I'm seriously considering unsubbing over this. Not so much because of the lack of hi-rez textures, but because of the way this whole situation is being handled.

We had hi-rez textures in CB, but they were taken away for OB, as they were 'bugged' and would be 'returning shortly'. Now we are told that we'll never get them, because we can't be trusted to choose the settings our PCs can handle, apparently. It's BS, and furthermore, many people with high end PCs are STILL having problems running the game, even with the low-rez textures! I'll even chime in and say that, for the level of detail I'm seeing, my poor old 5770 GPU should be running this game much better than it does.

Don't presume to tell us what our PCs can and cannot handle. That's for us, the USERS, to decide, not you.

Oh, and please quit advertising the game with screenshots that are obviously taken using textures which are only used in cutscenes, as that is definitely false advertising (unless a disclaimer is added to them, of course).

i have NOOOOO PROBLEMS with graphics and i am willing to wait for BW to put in HQ graphics when the time is right.

i run a pretty old rig. AMD phenom 2.8ghz. 4gig ram. Radeeon 5800HD, and to me the game Looks HOT!!!

HERE IS WHAT I SEE!!!!

BIOWARE. Sure i understand what all these guys are saying but YOU GUYS DID A GREAT JOB!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!

/Signed

Happy Customer!!!!!!!!!

Hey champ... that prove that some of us can run with high texture. If you can run the game maxed out on a old rig, then i can run with high rez texture on my shiny brand new one

Just leave the 3 options low med and high and let the high setting right now be med

PS: i love how they say that the medium option in the UI is a bug... hahahha right... it was suppose to be those texture but since they wont add high rez, it magically became a bug

HERE IS WHAT I SEE!!!!

/Signed

Happy Customer!!!!!!!!!

Dagnabbit, spoilers!

My favorite thing about all this is how they apparently can't get their engine stable with high resolutions but it worked in beta fine (before weekend stress testing). Also AoC came out in 2007 and makes TOR look like Minecraft. My comp plays Conan with all settings maxed, Dx10/11.

So their response to why we dont have high resolutions ANYMORE is complete garbage.

Oh, and they continue to market the game and show off screen shots of high resolutions. Please continue to feed your customers trash. Thanks.

I agree with you too!! I think the game is beautiful <3 I enjoy the gameplay a lot more than to complain about graphics.

Me too mate, I have paid for

this

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/6746/hiresafterholotrick.jpg

and I got

this

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/9871/hiresbeforeholotrick.jpg

But I used to get stomped and you can lead me thirsty across the water, I will be obeying little happy camper and keep paying for halfproduct and praise my master.

This is pure bull****. Bioware, how could you reduce graphic quality just because your scared that it will reduce system performance. Have you ever heard about people who build awesome PC's to run games on high-end? We do this for the ultimate gaming experience. And let me tell you, Old Republic would be significantly better if the graphics were more enhanced...especially the character detail. I mean what the hell is the point of getting to level 50 just so our characters look like blurry fluff balls running around.

And why the HELL are you guy's marketing false information just for more sells??? I just saw some of your videos for the up-coming expansion, and I can surely tell you that what you portrayed there, in that video, is not what the real experience is like!

Don't get me wrong, the game is great. But seriously....your really going to stoop to that level. Showing people how great looking the game is just to pull in more numbers. And then those people end up buying the game and shafting them royally. This SUCKS!

This is why I hated the Modern Warfare series. Because their marketing strategy worked, but it was false. The whole way! Portraying their games to be insanely awesome with great graphics. Sad.

Haven't you ever heard of testing your skills? Have you seen Napoleon Dynamite? Apparently not... It seems like your tested with these challenges, and then you guy's just shy away from it because it would be too much of a headache. Sad again. What ever happened to persistence or pure heart. It's sad to see you give up so easily.

You say that it might be something added in the future, better graphics that is. I call crap on that. It is just a good way to get the community to stop talking about it.

As a veteran gamer, I can surely tell you that many people will be leaving this game just for the fact that you gave up on enhancing the graphical quality. SUCKS. Seeing how there is usually only 8-20 people on each massive planet. Which really makes the social aspect of game minute.

I'm very disappointed, especially after reading that article about the misunderstanding about the UI and the high settings in-game. It was a huge red flag that you guy's are giving up and basically telling the community to shut up about the topic already.

Sad to say, but I'm level 46 now and I really don't know how much longer this game is going to keep me hooked. Main reason is that my toon likes like something from the 90's.

Other than the toon lackings, where's the guild bank at? Or the search options for PVP, and why the hell does Hut Ball always come up instead of the other two?

At first, I fell in love not only with the game but with SGT Jaxo as well. Now I'm falling in love with the idea that I need to move on from this under-developed game and find another hobby....maybe my wife ( ha ha ).

I hope you guy's get something figured out about the graphics. If you did, I would stay. But right now I might just hit 50 and call it quits until something comes out. I'll keep my eyes peeled for some good news.

And if I was trolling people, I wouldn't have written a 2 page complaint...it would've been a 2 sentence whine.

Thanks for reading. Bioware, figure your priorities out please. You have built an amazing game, don't ruin it by taking hits in the most important areas of the content.

Thanks again.

I think many of you on here are blowing this out of proportion. But sadly it's where our culture as gaming has come. Graphics should not be the #1 focus to the player, the focus should be having fun. If you can't have fun without uber shiny graphics, then I pity you. If they removed texture resolutions to fix the game I believe them, this launch has gone WAY better than most other MMO launches.

Sorry to everyone who can't handle the way the game looks, maybe you should leave, others will replace you.

Well... again....here is a lvl 28 alt i just took a SS.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/screenshot2012011213174.jpg/

What? whats wrong? show me because i dont see a problem.

If you do not see a problem with that then you definitely do not belong in this thread. That is an honest, nice way to say you are happy so let us fight for what we want because we are mad. "umadbro?" "yes I am".

In all of my time gaming, over 10 years now. I have never, never, never seen so much confusion and misdirection on low-med-high settings. How hard is it? People who have low end computer run on low and med settings. And the people with high end machines run the game on high settings. Is that hard to create. You did it in beta, what's the problem now? I am so pissed off right now.

I just saw the Rise of the Rakghouls Pictures and trailer they're advertising, and I'm infuriated by the false advertisements!

At first I was just disappointed at the incompetence of them being unable to fix this before release, and felt a little betrayed that I didn't get the game I thought I was going to get. Then I was mad at how they deceptively handled the situation. Yesterday I was pissed about their carefully chosen words addressing the issue in such a non-committal way. Now, after seeing those ads, I'm just purely infuriated.

Blatant false advertisement.

Me too mate, I have paid for

this

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/6746/hiresafterholotrick.jpg

and I got

this

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/9871/hiresbeforeholotrick.jpg

But I used to get stomped and you can lead me thirsty across the water, I will be obeying little happy camper and keep paying for halfproduct and praise my master.

these pics pretty much say it all.

I was actually -thinking- about resubscribing for one reason, there is nothing else I want to play right now.

With this....criminal behavior by Bioware however, I do not know if I can pay for a sub and not feel like a complete and utter Tool.

the reason why bioware are saying this isnt an overnight fix - which is totally is, just more than likely a .ini change, is because the hero engine is awful and cannot handle it. meaning they need loads of time to fix this pos engine they have used.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Considering the outrage over the issue and the bad press it gaining on other websites you would think adding the high res option back in would be a priority and not require months to add in a setting that was taken out. My money is on the Hero engine being the main cause of the problem and nothing at all to do with the players hardware.

Hell even the high res textures while nice and not even remotely cutting edge graphics with many other non instanced MMOs having much better and more detailed graphics.

I just saw the Rise of the Rakghouls Pictures and trailer they're advertising, and I'm infuriated by the false advertisements!

At first I was just disappointed at the incompetence of them being unable to fix this before release, and felt a little betrayed that I didn't get the game I thought I was going to get. Then I was mad at how they deceptively handled the situation. Yesterday I was pissed about their carefully chosen words addressing the issue in such a non-committal way. Now, after seeing those ads, I'm just purely infuriated.

Blatant false advertisement.

I pointed this out in one of the threads regarding the trailer about how it was in high res textures and what happens i come back to the forum and i have a warning from the mods ! :rolleyes: so glad i cancelled my sub for this game this games going to go down like the titanic.

So we aren't even allowed to mention the graphics about the new press packs being released anywhere but here (for instance talking about how the game footage showing the Rakghoul update doesn't reflect what is possible in the retail client in the actual thread talking about the update...), and they delete this thread every time it gets large.

I guess it's all about damage control and trying to keep everyone in the dark.