[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Adelbert

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just getting worse and worse.

Now, even after all of this has hit the fan. BioWare releases yet another a trailer which includes gameplay footage ... which uses the hi res textures for gameplay.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/01/12/rakghouls-and-raging-hutts-with-swtors-gabe-amatangelo/

This after BioWare tried to sell the "oh no those textures aren't meant to be used for gameplay its just for the cut scenes" nonsense.

They demonstrably recognize that their gameplay graphics are so bad, they dare not use them in material presented to prospective new players. They don't use them themselves - they are that bad. But tell us this level of quality (which they have deemed unacceptable for their own uses), is the intended level of quality for their product all along. It's all "as intended" and the expectation for something better (like that which they are willing to use in marketing) is just a big misunderstanding on our part.

This is infuriating.

F2P in 2 months.

Lmao, that looks hilarious. Mirror floors 4tw

I want my high rez back :(

if i had access to the shaders, i could make it look better, but.... CRHOME WARS

yes, i want hi-rez back too. game looks amazing with Hi-rez.

if i had access to the shaders, i could make it look better, but.... CRHOME WARS

yes, i want hi-rez back too. game looks amazing with Hi-rez.

Hahaha, Chrome Wars sounds awesome.

It would make for some blinding space fights, that's for sure.

So it's finally acknowledged.. the game doesn't use high res textures for gameplay, just for cinematics. Yes, great, awesome. I won't go into how that's not cool, I won't go into how Bioware handled the situation like shills. What I do want to address is advertising.

Upcoming content patch, Rise of the Rakghouls, looks pretty cool, huh? I mean, look at those screenshots of the gameplay. You know, the ones that misrepresent the games graphics? Be honest with the marketing guys! This is basically photoshopping a screenshot to look better than it is.

This whole situation is really souring me to Bioware. The company seems to have lost its heart; used to be it was clearly people who loved games, loved creating, loved the community, but now they've fallen in lock-step with the rest of the corporate world and are blowing smoke up our butts and telling us it's a luxurious spa treatment.

I AM OK with the current level of details!! This game is BEAUTIFUL!!!

i have NOOOOO PROBLEMS with graphics and i am willing to wait for BW to put in HQ graphics when the time is right.

Guys STOP the nit picking!!!!.

i run a pretty old rig. AMD phenom 2.8ghz. 4gig ram. Radeeon 5800HD, and to me the game Looks HOT!!!

HERE IS WHAT I SEE!!!!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/814/screenshot2012010422262.jpg/

BIOWARE. Sure i understand what all these guys are saying but YOU GUYS DID A GREAT JOB!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!

/Signed

Happy Customer!!!!!!!!!

The problem is, and I cannot emphasize this enough, is that I get 20-30 FPS WAY too often with the game looking like that. Again I will post the link to the screenshot just so everyone can see exactly what this game is capable of at MAX.

http://imgur.com/GooI4

That's what I thought this game was going to look like.

The thing is, these guys can do it and they get the same framerate SWTOR does on medium.

i have NOOOOO PROBLEMS with graphics and i am willing to wait for BW to put in HQ graphics when the time is right.

i run a pretty old rig. AMD phenom 2.8ghz. 4gig ram. Radeeon 5800HD, and to me the game Looks HOT!!!

HERE IS WHAT I SEE!!!!

BIOWARE. Sure i understand what all these guys are saying but YOU GUYS DID A GREAT JOB!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!

/Signed

Happy Customer!!!!!!!!!

Screaming about how a Camry looks like a Ferrari won't make it true.

HERE IS WHAT I SEE!!!!

/Signed

Happy Customer!!!!!!!!!

I am honestly glad that some people are seeing this game the way it should have been from the moment they clicked Empire or Republic.

I, however, am going to go cry now. Good day gentlemen!

(not really)

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg246/lawlatwow/7c5bafb1.png

Holy shat, i want that level of detail real hard.

And this is how it looks with everything maxed for me :o

http://img.xrmb2.net/images/433124.jpeg

€: My companion looks nice imo

Top one looks very nice.

I really don't get why they can't put this in game and why they lie about it with 'it's a bug'.

For now the only top quality things Bioware seems to deliver are excuses.

Sixth post, looks like issue is an issue for paying customers.

And for ones that refuse to pay any more until it is fixed, or at the very least band-aided.

I'd settle for my character, my companion, and my group members to render in not-dog-barf while they worked on making their engine not completely suck. MMOs, at end-game, are typically gear driven. It's hard to get excited about my character when he looks like this at maximum available graphics settings.

And for ones that refuse to pay any more until it is fixed, or at the very least band-aided.

I'd settle for my character, my companion, and my group members to render in not-dog-barf while they worked on making their engine not completely suck. MMOs, at end-game, are typically gear driven. It's hard to get excited about my character when he looks like this at maximum available graphics settings.

I puked inside my mouth a little.

I can't believe they're holding back high rez for fear that we may not be able to run stable with 100 people in our screens. This makes my dual 6970's very sad.

I puked inside my mouth a little.

I can't believe they're holding back high rez for fear that we may not be able to run stable with 100 people in our screens. This makes my dual 6970's very sad.

I did too /veryveryverysadface