Vehicles on Fleet Station... seriously? Such logic!

Frigidman

After patch 1.1.5 ... this is just ridiculous. Every dum dik joe has an over sized speeder bouncing around on fleet station. I knew this was going to get worse... just didn't realize it would happen in two days.

I had to fight over a dozen or more over sized speeders just to get to the GTN. And this was on a WEEKDAY. I am just not going to bother playing on the weekends, if its this bad during the week.

Thanks bioware. Your stupid design choice is ruining the game.

:mad:

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting rid of speeders on the fleet would definitely help the lag problem. I avoid the fleet generally and go to other planets to check GTN etc because of that reason. I only go to the fleet when it's totally unavoidable.

After patch 1.1.5 ... this is just ridiculous. Every dum dik joe has an over sized speeder bouncing around on fleet station. I knew this was going to get worse... just didn't realize it would happen in two days.

I had to fight over a dozen or more over sized speeders just to get to the GTN. And this was on a WEEKDAY. I am just not going to bother playing on the weekends, if its this bad during the week.

Thanks bioware. Your stupid design choice is ruining the game.

:mad:

I notice a few speeders, but normally everyone is dismounted. All it would take is for BW to make the GTN into an area that dismounts ala AH.

This is but a taste of the runaway zoo animal mounts will bring into the mix. You will need a shovel to get through the dung in there.

It's beyond ridiculous with all those misplaced hover cars preferably mating with a market kiosk, but convenience before any other consideration is the best thing since they started to slice the bread for you!

---

Is the OP serious? Why should it take forever to get from one place to another just because some role players don't want to use their mounts indoors?

They already have to use their imagination for so many things in this game (like the fact that there are a million and one carbon copies of each companion), why can't they simply use their imagination here too instead of inconsiderately forcing other players to waste their time.

You have some nerve, OP. You are an incredibly rude person asking this of others. Stop being so incredibly selfish and accept that people want to use their mounts.

It'd be nice if we had a "Speeders on Fleet" visibility toggle. EQ2 did this with mounts to help people in raids, since most mounts had some sort of buff on them that people would like when in combat in outdoor areas, but didn't like to see a mass of horses.

With a toggle, people could still use their mounts around the fleet, and I wouldn't be forced to see them. Sure, they'd run faster on my screen, but I can accept that. I do not want to see speeders being used in the fleet, though.

I have wanted them taken away since the beginning there is one thing having a level one speeder... But these huge vehicles... Blocking the way all the time and really.. When you have ten of them the lag that is created is immense.

I really think we should take away all speeders at the Fleet.. They are not needed.

I don't care if people race from A -> B to save time ....

But please people ... DISMOUNT!

Annoying when all I want to do is check the mailbox, but can't find it under the speeder pile up.

If I ran a guild I would kick people out for such nonsense.

How about removing those big vehicles from the game entirely - just make little speeder type vehicles. The big ones are really the issue as far as clogging up space and stopping people from clicking on npcs and the mailbox etc. Edited by lollie

I must disagree when you pretend that the station is small and there is no need to allow use of speeders.

You are likely correct though when you notice that the station's design (stairs, narrow passages, etc...) was likely never intended to support speeder use, even less the bigger ones... Which makes me think that they did not initially plan to allow speeder use, but test feedback quickly made them change their minds...

Your ideas of opening a new level of the station, specifically designed for speeder use (and quick moving around), or adding alternative quick transportation means, though really nice from a RP point of view, seem to me as asking too much work for the intented benefit (please a tiny highly RP fraction of the population). Therefore, I do not think they have any chance of being implemented in a reasonable timeframe...

Actually, I think we should rather focus on other, much simpler ways to remove the most annoying consequences of having speeders allowed: people that stay on their speeders right in front of mailboxes, storage access points, GTN kiosks or vendors. All they would have to do is define a narrow zone around such points, where speeder use is not allowed (more specifically, where you cannot stay more than X seconds and remain mounted).

It might even be simpler to make the whole station a zone where you can use speeders, but only as long as you move (if you remain still more than X seconds, you are automatically dismounted)...

This should take care of about 95% of the really annoying situations caused by allowing speeders in a context where some do not care at all of the fact that they could be a nuisance to others...

Edited by Celorilm

I'm not reading through 30 pages, but has anyone suggested an auto-dismount after X amount of seconds of standing still on a mount while in the fleet?

Sure, it would still be possible for someone to grief if he or she moves around, but that would be both tedious and easy to spot/report/discipline.

Just remove the ability to mount whilst on the station. Heck, every orbital station and the spaceport on Coruscant don't allow people to ride their speeder there either; so it seems that it's just a simple checkbox in the editor for BioWare.