overwhelming proof of intentional FACTION imbalaning on some DEVS part .. imho ...

Part_Time_Hero

i didnt call you buddy... pal... oh ok you get the delay on DFA and watch e veryone walk out of the circle you nubnub.. i get 2 shots off on whoever i put my DFA on i get none on my trooper

Regardless of where you aim I will dodge 100% of your DFA shots if I'm paying attention. I do this on a regular basis; it takes no effort and no special skills. The only way you will hit with EITHER skill is if the opponent is disabled; equally AS I HAVE BOTH CLASSES trying to claim such a serious alteration in power is delusional by you. I can land a significant number of shots with BOTH classes when I don't simply fire the skill off randomly.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i have misunderstood the purpose of this thread please correct me.

But if i iunderstand correct its about imperilas being overpowered?

I have always been someone who thinks one shouldnt complain, it might all just come down to the fact that you are angry because you lost.

But after trying out both wotld and battlefield PvP i have come to the conclusion they are overpowered.

Here is three major conditions that have pushed me in that directions.

1. It was only yesterday i won my first world pvp fight against the empire!

Usually i get ganked p by players at my lvl, this was a lvl 37........i am lvl 43!

I have never claimed myself to be a top smuggler on my server, but after fighting

imperial players below my lvl i find that i usually loose to players that are two or three lvls

Below me or more.

Many would say im a bad player, maybe i am....but this is not the only thing that has led

in this direction! Lets look at some more reasons.

2. These are statements from members of my guild that also have imperial characters.

"We have so much CC its ridiclous"

I am not sure what class he was on about but i know its a sith or a sith inquisator.

"i think the imperial classes are overpowered and thats the reason they win so much"

The same guy also said this:

"I am much more concerned when i am playing my republic characters, because i am

not so overpowered and there is much more imperials around to gank me"

3. When i first started doing warzones i got the impresion that the imperial players were

ganking us, i were right....in the first twenty warzones i did the republic won 2-3 of

them. I began to take notes, and from my last 30 warzones the imperial players have

won 24!

So it is these conditions together that has given the idea that the empire are overpowered.

Are you kidding me? First of all, i have for my part no problem to kill imperials even if they are 1 or 2 lvls higher in open pvp.In closed pvp it's ridiculous how less the lvl matters. It's mostly the gear on higher lvl that gives a boost. But despite all that it'S only the players skill that decides in the end.

And *** are you quotting your guildmates. I could quote my self saying sentinal is teh best. Wouldn'T proof anything....gosh

The instant/non-instant imbalance has to be fixed, it's a huge thing in close PvP battles. I can't even count the times where my Project (the big rock) hung in midair because my opponent vanished in between, or a healer got their heal up because of Project's delay, or finally, I got killed in between the moment when the rock was up and when it was supposed to hit and then it never hit the target.

Also, we just lost a battle in Alderaan by 5 - needless to say I'm pretty pissed at the devs right now.

The idea that a game developer manipulated the game so that they can have a subtle advantage when they play is laughable.

I doubt seriously that these people have enough spare time to play a time sink game of this magnitude. My roommate works for a small mobile game developer owned by EA and he's working 60+ hour weeks.

I can only imagine what kind of time the Bioware guys are putting in. Add to this any family/wife/girlfriend time. How would they even find time to play games.

The villains are supposed to be more powerful than the heroes. The heroes are meant to be the underdogs. They are simply following Star Wars lore.

thats the dumbest thing iv ever heard. how can you even make a game with that in mind and dare say its "balanced"

Someone died in pvp...the things you listed are minor and well be fixed when you still get rolled what well be your excuse then..player skill can not be balanced and most players are just unskilled.. Edited by Kinsal

The idea that a game developer manipulated the game so that they can have a subtle advantage when they play is laughable.

Agreed.

I actually really appreciate the issues OP brought up aside from the "they're out to get Repubs" nonsense. These things are issues, they will be fixed (or at least should be) end of story. PvP balance in any MMO is constant and ongoing.

I can confirm the issue with Aldaran. Typically it doesn't matter, the 5-15 point wins are VERY rare...but yes, there is a slight advantage to Imps.

And yeah, there are a lot of documented mirror imbalances too, and yes, they SEEM to favor imps more often than reps.

However. That is a mighty leap to purposeful and malicious.

NO developer has ANY incentive to favor one side or the other. They want a good game. They are ONLY incentivised by creating a good game.

Show me motive. Without motive I have to chalk this all up to bugs/mistakes happen in a HUGE HUGE HUGE project and statistically more of them favor imps than not. That doesn't mean ANYTHING is purposeful.

It may seem laughable if you are on the right side of the argument, but some of these problems are really upsetting if they are stacked against you. It will in turn make people bitter and eventually leave the game. This is not just people QQ'ing, as I also feel a little betrayed or "why even try" feeling, when a lot of these things are visible. Class imba and preferential treatment in other areas. The Devs need to take this seriously and fix these issues.

OP is right, it's ******** how Empire has all these advantages over us. I want to play a BALANCED GAME, not re-play the movie where Empire is always ahead of the Republic.

You always can switch to imp. That's your balance if you want.

All these "unintentional" imbalances always work in the Empire's favour.

All of them.

I guess BioWare must have forgotten this when they designed the Republic Dropship in Voidstar to allow the Republic players to hop the wall before the match begins?

1.) trooper mortar volley travel time verses BH death drom above instant!!!

BH has to fly into the air first, not instant.

2.) consular animation delays verses their counterpart instant !!!

Pretty sure the damage is instant, but the animation takes time.

3.) convert the trooper pool of energy to BH energy BH has 4% more -

same for another classes energy i forget which one

Not sure, haven't analyzed the classes close enough.

4.) IA can do dirty kick on the run without stopping while Smuggler has to stop perform action then move

I don't believe they have to stop to perform the action at all. Shadows get a kick, Assassins get a choke/stab. The Shadow animation is much quicker but the Assassins works the same way. Just a longer animation and you can move while doing both.

5.) Ever wonder WHY it always seems empire starts with lead on alderaan warzone?

two turrets already pointing at republic ship and do not have to turn to begin firing not to mention the BIGGEST KICKER OF ALL .. the dumb DEVS ALLOW THE EMPIRE TO TICK QUICKER THAN THE REPUBLIC ... FILM IT FRAPS IT YOURSELF ... try and figure out how empire one caps and republic two caps and forst 5 secs empire ahead ... REALLY .. I MEAN REALLY!!!! W T F

I truly believe this was an oversight. Calm yourself.

6.) force way has animation that makes republic jump up then come down before it goes off

empires is instant ... very rough across the bridge in voidstar and in huttball

Overload, the empire version of Force Way, requires you to jump and flip in the air before knocking back. So you are wrong.

7.) empires knockbacks are farther

Incorrect, you're probably just getting knocked back by a Mercenary that is specced into the skill that increases the knock back. Troopers get this as well.

8.) instant lightening no travel time ... rocks have longer animation til impact

Once again I'm pretty sure the damage is instant but the animation is longer.

9.) IA gets gets 30 secs less on its cc grenade cooldown than smuggler

Not sure, haven't played an IA or a smuggler.

10.) electrocute ignores resolve bar and even dodge it gets through everything ... force stun DOES NOT!!!

Completely false. You're just throwing anything out there now. Your resolve bar HAS TO BE WHITE in order to block CC. Don't use your CC breaker until it's white.

11.) smuggler sabo charge requires again you guessed it longer period of time .. IA instant!!!!

Highly doubt this.

12.) IA backstab instant - Smuggler has animation to pull out shotgun to deal with !!!!

I can safely say that I've had smugglers kill me just as fast as IAs. So I do believe you're just whining.

Edited by Parali
rude

You always can switch to imp. That's your balance if you want.

The balance of running non-stop Huttball vs. your own faction :p I'm sure that's what everyone wants.

Though at the moment I've basically stopped PvPing (warzones sub 50 are semi-pointless right now) before I did I honestly found rolling Imperials pretty much the standard. There are way more not so experienced PvPers on my server playing Imperials than I ever would have expected. Granted in Huttball I typically get wtfpwnt it might just be an issue of Repubs having on average more experience with Voidstar & Alderaan.

Note: I play a Republic Commando and though I am not fond of the fact that these abilities aren't mirrored (they aren't I assure you) calling the BH version instant is pretty blatant misinformation, thanks for pointing it out.

Edited by SWImara

I doubt seriously that these people have enough spare time to play a time sink game of this magnitude. My roommate works for a small mobile game developer owned by EA and he's working 60+ hour weeks.

I can only imagine what kind of time the Bioware guys are putting in. Add to this any family/wife/girlfriend time. How would they even find time to play games.

While this is true, most game developers don't play games, the issues are pretty comical. Watching the turrets video is kinda funny, I've thought a number of times now "how the hell did they catch up so fast, they've had that turret for less than a few mins".

False. There's no way you can get our even if you start running immediately. Can you run out of range of the Trooper's version? Yes. Twice. While rooted, stunned and disconnected.

Pretty sure the damage is instant, but the animation takes time.

False. The damage is even calculted when lands. When an operative stealths while I'm lifting the broken droid to smash his face the droid just floats in the air and doesn't even land.

I don't believe they have to stop to perform the action at all. Shadows get a kick, Assassins get a choke/stab. The Shadow animation is much quicker but the Assassins works the same way. Just a longer animation and you can move while doing both.

False. Your character is rooted in place while performing dirty kick. The Operative's version doesn't stop you at all.

I truly believe this was an oversight. Calm yourself.

If (empire) do_damage(); else if (republic) do_damage; do_damage;

That's what happens. It's nearly impossible (I do code a crapload of stuff) to code it "accidentaly" this way. You code the damage, then pick targets. There's no reason between dividing the damage function for factions.

I'd quote a couple more, but gotta run. Have fun.

Regards,

Kalantris

If (empire) do_damage(); else if (republic) do_damage; do_damage;

That's what happens. It's nearly impossible (I do code a crapload of stuff) to code it "accidentaly" this way. You code the damage, then pick targets. There's no reason between dividing the damage function for factions.

Ok, I never chime in about tech stuff despite my chosen profession, but the above is flat out nonsense. The classes are mirrored, but they are not the same, presenting them as this sort of binary if/then statement is laughable. I think/hope you are just trolling, if so I guess I fell for it.

Consular one really needs a fix. They shouldn't have 20% less damage than an Inquisitor (if that is true). All the rest need to be fixed as well, but that one takes the cake.

What I don't get is that, shock is instant, no animation of a rock being thrown, the damage shows up after it hits. If you're a balance specced Consular Project can have a 30%(?) chance to throw a second rock. Once that happens, the damage is INSTANT from the second rock, as it should be. Before the rock even gets to the target, they take the damage. Same as normal shock, sans the second shock.

Why can't you just make normal project work this way? You clearly have the mechanics in the game to do so as the second rock does it. Videos on youtube of time lapsed, showing the exact times from the initial cast, to the damage taken, almost an entire second before project hits. Really?

BH's AoE knockback is NOT instant, and suffers from a serious animation delay. Example would be in Voidstar when an opponent is running across the bridge, you hit your KB and the opponent is usually well past your character before the AoE triggers.

The Trooper AoE kb is instant and much more powerful of a kb, even if you dont have any points invested in making it stronger.

And comparing BH's heat mechanism to troopers ammo mechanism is also false, where does this magical 4% come from? Ill take troopers ammo reload over BH's heat mechanism any day of the week.

If your losing Alderan's WZ's because of the .5 seconds it really doesn't matter who won and lost, you will get so much comms it will all be the same; not to mention I would love to have games so close that this bug actually had an impact on who won the warzone. Would make a great video for YouTube.

Long story short: The crying about animations/delay to hit for some isn't going to go anywhere, the devs already adjusted this in Beta and if you compare abilities side by side with the same gear we do more damage because of the delay; it's quite minuscule, but it is there. It used to be a lot worse for the Republic but now they have brought it in line and I don't think there is a big issue.

Some of your arguments have merit, the 30 second flash bang discrepancy for example, but overall I think your over reacting. Take a step back and get a grip, it's a game and there is bound to be imbalances, they will get fixed.