overwhelming proof of intentional FACTION imbalaning on some DEVS part .. imho ...

Part_Time_Hero

False. There's no way you can get our even if you start running immediately. Can you run out of range of the Trooper's version? Yes. Twice. While rooted, stunned and disconnected.

You're clearly over-reacting. I get out of the BH DFO all the time.

False. The damage is even calculted when lands. When an operative stealths while I'm lifting the broken droid to smash his face the droid just floats in the air and doesn't even land.

You do realize that the Consulars get a slight interrupt effect with their rocks where as Force Lightning does not have these slight interrupts, right? So even if the damage takes time to get there, you guys get an extra effect.

False. Your character is rooted in place while performing dirty kick. The Operative's version doesn't stop you at all.

So you guys get a root and you're complaining? An Op HAS to keep moving, but you guys press a button and the player stops for you to go through the animation, and you're complaining about it.

If (empire) do_damage(); else if (republic) do_damage; do_damage;

That's what happens. It's nearly impossible (I do code a crapload of stuff) to code it "accidentaly" this way. You code the damage, then pick targets. There's no reason between dividing the damage function for factions.

I'd quote a couple more, but gotta run. Have fun.

There are countless amounts of ways to code this. You're naive to believe that this is one of the only possible solutions.

Regardless I was referring to the turrets being aimed in the direction of the Republic by default.

Edited by Rehsals

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your losing Alderan's WZ's because of the .5 seconds it really doesn't matter who won and lost, you will get so much comms it will all be the same; not to mention I would love to have games so close that this bug actually had an impact on who won the warzone. Would make a great video for YouTube.

Long story short: The crying about animations/delay to hit for some isn't going to go anywhere, the devs already adjusted this in Beta and if you compare abilities side by side with the same gear we do more damage because of the delay; it's quite minuscule, but it is there. It used to be a lot worse for the Republic but now they have brought it in line and I don't think there is a big issue.

Some of your arguments have merit, the 30 second flash bang discrepancy for example, but overall I think your over reacting. Take a step back and get a grip, it's a game and there is bound to be imbalances, they will get fixed.

.5+.5+.5+.5..... adds up in a 7 minute match.

BH's AoE knockback is NOT instant, and suffers from a serious animation delay. Example would be in Voidstar when an opponent is running across the bridge, you hit your KB and the opponent is usually well past your character before the AoE triggers.

The Trooper AoE kb is instant and much more powerful of a kb, even if you dont have any points invested in making it stronger.

And comparing BH's heat mechanism to troopers ammo mechanism is also false, where does this magical 4% come from? Ill take troopers ammo reload over BH's heat mechanism any day of the week.

False, the trooper kb also have a delay. many times in hutball you use it to knickback an enemy, but when the skill activates your enemy have ran past you, and you knockback him to the finish line instead

Did you guys miss this from a Dev the other day?

Hi guys,

There are many different subjects discussed in this thread and I would like to take the opportunity to give you some information on the topics at hand.

First off, we currently have no indication that any class needs a huge buff. Class balance is defined by the interaction between classes and changes we make to one class will, inevitably, move the balance towards or from other classes. Our data and testing currently indicates that the Juggernaut and Guardian AC could use some buffing up in two areas where we see them underperforming against our expectations.

Here are some of the things we're planning to roll out in the short term specifically regarding Sith Warriors and Jedi Knights :

Mobility/Anti Kiting (PvP) – We agree with the sentiment voiced by the community that some Guardians and Juggernauts have to work harder than other classes to stay within effective combat range, putting them at a disadvantage. We intend to address this in an upcoming patch where, as a first step, Force Push will clear the cooldown of Force Leap, granting for more reliable in combat pursuit capabilities to the Advanced Class. Further changes will be made if necessary.

DPS spec survivability (PvP and PvE) – The DPS specs on Guardian and Juggernaut are performing to our expectations when it comes to the ability to create damage, especially of the burst variety. However their survivability is lagging behind our expectations, especially in the later game, and we are going to start addressing that particular issue in an upcoming patch.

Our attention to the class obviously won't stop here. Balancing MMOs is a never ending endeavor and we're in for the long haul. For example, we are certainly aware that the Marauder and Sentinel are very gameplay intensive classes with some of the most complex rotations in the game. While we are currently looking at quality of life and usability improvements to increase the class' playability without compromising the unique aspects of the class, we don't have anything specific to announce just yet. We do however anticipate that some of the combat responsiveness improvements (AKA 'ability delay' - more on that here) being worked on by our engineering team will specifically aid both Marauder and Sentinel.

In regards to PvE balance, any place in the game where our data shows significant issues with the balance tuning for one or more classes or specs are of course also being looked at.

For example, Jedi Knights will be pleased to hear that we are working on tuning the final mission in their class chain to provide a better, more fun and more reliably solvable challenge (see a post from another member of my team here). Currently a large percentage of players bring a friend to solve this mission, which, while social and often more fun, is not in line with our stated goal of allowing players to progress solo through their class arc if they desire to do so. We're also looking at some companions with a critical eye to improve their viability for certain role/companion combinations.

I would also like to give you some general understanding about approach to class balancing and how you can aid us with your feedback:

Now that we're out of the first few weeks of launch madness, you will see class and combat balance issues addressed with increased frequency. Larger scale gameplay changes and features are more likely to coincide with major content releases, but smaller scale changes and improvements can be expected to become part of our regular update schedule.

Statements that we hate a specific class or faction, or that we intentionally underbalance certain classes to make it less popular are conspiracy theory territory. We have nothing to gain from such an approach – we want players to pick the class and faction they want to play and have confidence that they are able to perform their chosen role in the game. Anything that comes in the way of that goal is considered a balance issue for us.

We make our balancing decisions based on a combination of internal and external testing and metrics. We don't make decisions based on who is the loudest on the forums. Community feedback is valuable in bringing issues to our attention and even to highlight possible solutions, which means that well written, constructive posts are the most effective way to communicate your wishes and feedback to us, rather than petitions and calls to nerf specific classes.

Please understand that balance issues during the leveling process are different than issues at level 50 and are handled in different ways. If you feel your class has issues during your journey to 50, especially communicate the level range and area of the game where you are experiencing issues to aid our investigations. Player versus Player situations in during the leveling process are not always balanced at every level (a mathematical impossibility), but we are always willing to investigate.

Just because we haven't mentioned the specific issue close to your heart in a post (such as the one above) doesn't mean we are unaware of it or that we don't want to address it. It would be impractical for us to comment on all investigations currently in the pipeline. That said, we definitely want to take a more open approach in regards to upcoming class changes.

Finally, I'd like to acknowledge, again, that we do understand that there is a desire for players to get more detailed information what happens to their character in combat. We agree with those requests and are working on various ways to, optionally, get more detailed data on your combat performance.

Thanks for your feedback!

-- Georg

Edited by DimeStax

BH has to fly into the air first, not instant.

Pretty sure the damage is instant, but the animation takes time.

Not sure, haven't analyzed the classes close enough.

I don't believe they have to stop to perform the action at all. Shadows get a kick, Assassins get a choke/stab. The Shadow animation is much quicker but the Assassins works the same way. Just a longer animation and you can move while doing both.

I truly believe this was an oversight. Calm yourself.

Overload, the empire version of Force Way, requires you to jump and flip in the air before knocking back. So you are wrong.

Incorrect, you're probably just getting knocked back by a Mercenary that is specced into the skill that increases the knock back. Troopers get this as well.

Once again I'm pretty sure the damage is instant but the animation is longer.

Not sure, haven't played an IA or a smuggler.

Completely false. You're just throwing anything out there now. Your resolve bar HAS TO BE WHITE in order to block CC. Don't use your CC breaker until it's white.

Highly doubt this.

I can safely say that I've had smugglers kill me just as fast as IAs. So I do believe you're just whining.

Didn't want to post, but this post just cut it. Don't you dare write such a wall of text so full of ******** ever again. You have absolutely NO CLUE what you're talking about and it is very appearent.

You most likely have not even played a republic character. What an utterly pointless reply, did you miss the fact that trhe devs have aknowledged our bugs and that you, in fact, have way too many advantages (on top of your overpopulation *********** illum for us)

What was win ratios again? 53% vs 47 or something? How ridicolous you aren't further ahead, too.

I can deal with the disadvantages, but stop trying to make it se em like they are not there. "I think you can move" etc just doesnt cut it in a discussion like this.

ZZZ.

Flamerant over.

False, the trooper kb also have a delay. many times in hutball you use it to knickback an enemy, but when the skill activates your enemy have ran past you, and you knockback him to the finish line instead

No it does not. I can get near instantaneous knockbacks on my 46 commando all day long, my 50 Merc has a huge delay because of the animation.

Troopers kb has NO animation, it just shatters the ground beneath you and does what its supposed too. Stop spreading lies.

Didn't want to post, but this post just cut it. Don't you dare write such a wall of text so full of ******** ever again. You have absolutely NO CLUE what you're talking about and it is very appearent.

You most likely have not even played a republic character. What an utterly pointless reply, did you miss the fact that trhe devs have aknowledged our bugs and that you, in fact, have way too many advantages (on top of your overpopulation *********** illum for us)

What was win ratios again? 53% vs 47 or something? How ridicolous you aren't further ahead, too.

I can deal with the disadvantages, but stop trying to make it se em like they are not there. "I think you can move" etc just doesnt cut it in a discussion like this.

ZZZ.

Flamerant over.

Are you trolling?

BH has to fly into the air first, not instant.

Pretty sure the damage is instant, but the animation takes time.

Not sure, haven't analyzed the classes close enough.

I don't believe they have to stop to perform the action at all. Shadows get a kick, Assassins get a choke/stab. The Shadow animation is much quicker but the Assassins works the same way. Just a longer animation and you can move while doing both.

I truly believe this was an oversight. Calm yourself.

Overload, the empire version of Force Way, requires you to jump and flip in the air before knocking back. So you are wrong.

Incorrect, you're probably just getting knocked back by a Mercenary that is specced into the skill that increases the knock back. Troopers get this as well.

Once again I'm pretty sure the damage is instant but the animation is longer.

Not sure, haven't played an IA or a smuggler.

Completely false. You're just throwing anything out there now. Your resolve bar HAS TO BE WHITE in order to block CC. Don't use your CC breaker until it's white.

Highly doubt this.

I can safely say that I've had smugglers kill me just as fast as IAs. So I do believe you're just whining.

"I haven't played IA or Smuggler but I'm pretty sure you're wrong"

I'm glad you have such a need to add your 2 cents.

(edited for one thing i got wrong that i misread ) so removing the one i got wrong

i stand by the rest

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY LAST STRAW ... i had overlooked or excused or hoped a fix was coming for the list below

but i guess this is my hair that breaks the camels back !!!!

The turret problems favoring empire are ridiculous

screw this game yall have fun ... im walking away until summer ill look back in and see if they cared enough to balance the faction and hopefully management holds some DEVS ACCOUNTABLE FOR THIS BLANTANT ABUSE of POWER IN DESIGNING THE FACTION THEY WANTED TO PLAY to have all sorts of SUBTLE ADVANTAGES!!!!! the EVIDENCE IN ITS ENTIREITY is OVERWHELMING when looked at from a distance other than one at a time

JUST SAD ...

and REALLY LEAVES A BAAADDDDDD TASTE in my mouth for a company I have LOVED FOR YEARS AND YEARS :(

so add it to the list of things that severely imbalance the so called "mirror" classes

things like the following:

1.) trooper mortar volley travel time verses BH death drom above instant!!!

2.) consular animation delays verses their counterpart instant !!!

3.) convert the trooper pool of energy to BH energy BH has 4% more -

same for another classes energy i forget which one

4.) IA can do dirty kick on the run without stopping while Smuggler has to stop perform action then move

5.) Ever wonder WHY it always seems empire starts with lead on alderaan warzone?

two turrets already pointing at republic ship and do not have to turn to begin firing not to mention the BIGGEST KICKER OF ALL .. the dumb DEVS ALLOW THE EMPIRE TO TICK QUICKER THAN THE REPUBLIC ... FILM IT FRAPS IT YOURSELF ... try and figure out how empire one caps and republic two caps and forst 5 secs empire ahead ... REALLY .. I MEAN REALLY!!!! W T F

6.) force way has animation that makes republic jump up then come down before it goes off

empires is instant ... very rough across the bridge in voidstar and in huttball

7.) empires knockbacks are farther

8.) instant lightening no travel time ... rocks have longer animation til impact

9.) IA gets gets 30 secs less on its cc grenade cooldown than smuggler

10.) electrocute ignores resolve bar and even dodge it gets through everything ... force stun DOES NOT!!!

11.) smuggler sabo charge requires again you guessed it longer period of time .. IA instant!!!!

12.) IA backstab instant - Smuggler has animation to pull out shotgun to deal with !!!!

14.) im tired of listing them someone else take ove

I AM NOT LOOKING FOR CLASS BALANCE JUST FACTION BALANCE AND TRUE MIRRORED CLASSES AND NOW FOR THE DEVS THAT IMHO INTIONALLY DESIGNED THESE ADVANTAGES INTO THE GAME TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE AND SOMEONE FROM UPPER MANAGEMENT PREFERABLE THE CEO TO PUBLICLY APOLIGIZE FOR ALLOWING IT TO HAPPEN

any reasonable person that understands probability KNOWS beyond a shadow of a doubt there a far too many "oopies and overlooks " to be beniegn

THIS WAS INTENTIONAL WITH MALICE no other reason ALL THE ADVANTAGES GO TO EMPIRE !!!

have fun ill look in from time to time and see if they did anything about it

im going to take a break

if you are staying in this game and PvP you SHOULD DEMAND THE ABOVE BE FIXED and a REASON GIVEN as to way it was allowed in the first place and HOW SO MANY BETA TESTERS MISSED these GLARING ISSUES ... i guess they were just playing and not testing

/wave

ps im mad and didnt proof read and im not the faster i log out right now the better and put SWTOR BEHIND me for a long while and hope it gets fixed

Two things:

Empire just needs the help man, let it be.. more challenge for us.

Second, do you realize that the developers do this for living?? I assure you the success of this game and their well being and hence their family's well being and their career is far more important to them than playing the game...

hard to believe for some people but it's true.

ZZZ.

Flamerant over.

keep kidding your self its devs making you lose some one call a few waaambulances for republic players please

Edited by lethal_ghost

fixed

haha yes, my mommy pays for it. Even if she did, it wouldn't have hurt my feelings. your response says you are aggravated tho, so maybe you should have some warm milk and cry yourself to sleep, mature grown-up.

:)

8.) instant lightening no travel time ... rocks have longer animation til impact

despite the animation, the damage is calculated when the ability is used, not when the animation completes. if i was a gambling man, i would assume that the other similar issues with other mirrored abilities is the same. they way it looks is totally irrelevant to the way the damage is actually calculated.

as for cannons not having to turn, and ticking faster, etc - these are all excelent observations that are bugs. im sure the devs are glad these have been brought to their attention and will likely be addressed.

now, all that being said, lets get down to brass tacks here. If you HONESTLY think that the devs are intentionally giving the Empire side advantages over the Republic out of favoritism or spite, then you are a complete *********** buffoon. It's so petty and childish to even bring up i am having trouble typing this through the laughter. give it a *********** rest, would you? So many of you have a complete lack of understanding when it comes to software development, and creating a product you sell to a user base. you just don't 'get it', and that's fine. its really through no fault of your own, your just ignorant. and that's totally fine. Just bring down the rabble a couple notches okay? submit a clear, concise, well worded, and easily readable bug report. Someone who knows a lot more about BW's development cycle and bug procedures will review it, and make sure it goes to the right place.

i swear some of you people are just not happy unless everything is perfect. the amount of time, energy, and planning that goes into a software release of this magnitude would make your pathetic little heads explode. Has anyone even taken the time to compare this MMO launch with any other MMO launch in the history of MMos? The amount of unplanned outages and game breaking bugs has been infinitesimal. we are mere weeks into launch, you need to be a little patient.

Thank you! I was laughing way too hard to share the exact same thoughts.

Oh and I rolled republic.

(edited for one thing i got wrong that i misread ) so removing the one i got wrong

i stand by the rest

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY LAST STRAW ... i had overlooked or excused or hoped a fix was coming for the list below

but i guess this is my hair that breaks the camels back !!!!

The turret problems favoring empire are ridiculous

screw this game yall have fun ... im walking away until summer ill look back in and see if they cared enough to balance the faction and hopefully management holds some DEVS ACCOUNTABLE FOR THIS BLANTANT ABUSE of POWER IN DESIGNING THE FACTION THEY WANTED TO PLAY to have all sorts of SUBTLE ADVANTAGES!!!!! the EVIDENCE IN ITS ENTIREITY is OVERWHELMING when looked at from a distance other than one at a time

JUST SAD ...

and REALLY LEAVES A BAAADDDDDD TASTE in my mouth for a company I have LOVED FOR YEARS AND YEARS :(

so add it to the list of things that severely imbalance the so called "mirror" classes

things like the following:

1.) trooper mortar volley travel time verses BH death drom above instant!!!

2.) consular animation delays verses their counterpart instant !!!

3.) convert the trooper pool of energy to BH energy BH has 4% more -

same for another classes energy i forget which one

4.) IA can do dirty kick on the run without stopping while Smuggler has to stop perform action then move

5.) Ever wonder WHY it always seems empire starts with lead on alderaan warzone?

two turrets already pointing at republic ship and do not have to turn to begin firing not to mention the BIGGEST KICKER OF ALL .. the dumb DEVS ALLOW THE EMPIRE TO TICK QUICKER THAN THE REPUBLIC ... FILM IT FRAPS IT YOURSELF ... try and figure out how empire one caps and republic two caps and forst 5 secs empire ahead ... REALLY .. I MEAN REALLY!!!! W T F

6.) force way has animation that makes republic jump up then come down before it goes off

empires is instant ... very rough across the bridge in voidstar and in huttball

7.) empires knockbacks are farther

9.) IA gets gets 30 secs less on its cc grenade cooldown than smuggler

10.) electrocute ignores resolve bar and even dodge it gets through everything ... force stun DOES NOT!!!

11.) smuggler sabo charge requires again you guessed it longer period of time .. IA instant!!!!

12.) IA backstab instant - Smuggler has animation to pull out shotgun to deal with !!!!

14.) im tired of listing them someone else take ove

I AM NOT LOOKING FOR CLASS BALANCE JUST FACTION BALANCE AND TRUE MIRRORED CLASSES AND NOW FOR THE DEVS THAT IMHO INTIONALLY DESIGNED THESE ADVANTAGES INTO THE GAME TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE AND SOMEONE FROM UPPER MANAGEMENT PREFERABLE THE CEO TO PUBLICLY APOLIGIZE FOR ALLOWING IT TO HAPPEN

any reasonable person that understands probability KNOWS beyond a shadow of a doubt there a far too many "oopies and overlooks " to be beniegn

THIS WAS INTENTIONAL WITH MALICE no other reason ALL THE ADVANTAGES GO TO EMPIRE !!!

have fun ill look in from time to time and see if they did anything about it

im going to take a break

if you are staying in this game and PvP you SHOULD DEMAND THE ABOVE BE FIXED and a REASON GIVEN as to way it was allowed in the first place and HOW SO MANY BETA TESTERS MISSED these GLARING ISSUES ... i guess they were just playing and not testing

/wave

ps im mad and didnt proof read and im not the faster i log out right now the better and put SWTOR BEHIND me for a long while and hope it gets fixed

how about list republic advantages...biased crap read. Void star = republic starts first and depending on their performance everyone knows who wins. See i can write stuff too!