Jedi Knights PvP gear is unacceptably pathetic. Be united against it!

Alexious

Signed, as a new player to that game. (little over a week) i been checking alot of the different armors for all the armor classes. I do have to say most of them are kinda ridiculous for jedi knight, and this one takes the cake. I mean come on i could of made better looking armor in paint.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some days ago, I actually wrote a ticket about the "gender-free backpacker" look. It is just so unbelievably annoying compared to any other republic or imperial PVP sets.

Answer came this morning: They forward this issue to the game developers

And for this thread of course:

/signed totally !!!

Yeah the armor is pretty awful and ruins the feel of being a Jedi.

To be fair, the armor is more passable once you get more set pieces and run in higher detail than the OP's picture:

http://i.imgur.com/G2Rtt.jpg

But still, the level 40 armor was the kind of quality and style I expected, not this.

Without helmet i'd say Ironman :)

With helmet probably Samurai in year 2012.

They must have had the artist interns working on clothing and armor because everything looks like the back end of a bantha compared to other games.

I'm not saying we need to have outrageously giant shoulder pieces or ridiculous shards of glowing crystals revolving around our heads like WOW, but FFS..... its 2012!!, we are supposed to be advancing graphic capabilities here!!!

The models are extremely low poly, like crap from DAOC, and the texture resolution/quality is BUTT.

Knight armor is pretty bad with little difference between the two, aside from color. Consular is just as bad if not worse, especially the Rakata gear, which makes them look like some whacked out super Ji'Lai athlete with a peacock on their head.

To make matters worse their are really only 2 sets of armor per base class So in reality there are 4 PVE models and 4 PVP models for 8 classes, and the three ranks of PVP and PVE are merely gross, smudgy texture swaps....

HOWEVER! AT LEAST EMPIRE DOESN"T LOOK LIKE A BUNCH OF HOBOS AND SAMURAI CIRCUS FREAKS IN THE PVP GROUNDS!! CAUSE IF THEY DID, THAT WOULD JUST BE... GAME OVER MAN!!! CAN"T HAVE THAT!

P.S. They also get purple lightsabers, cooler spell effects, better animations, better looking races..... ah F'it you get the point.

Edited by Gundiok

They must have had the artist interns working on clothing and armor because everything looks like the back end of a bantha compared to other games.

I'm not saying we need to have outrageously giant shoulder pieces or ridiculous shards of glowing crystals revolving around our heads like WOW, but FFS..... its 2012!!, we are supposed to be advancing graphic capabilities here!!!

The models are extremely low poly, like crap from DAOC, and the texture resolution/quality is BUTT.

Knight armor is pretty bad with little difference between the two, aside from color. Consular is just as bad if not worse, especially the Rakata gear, which makes them look like some whacked out super Ji'Lai athlete with a peacock on their head.

To make matters worse their are really only 2 sets of armor per base class So in reality there are 4 PVE models and 4 PVP models for 8 classes, and the three ranks of PVP and PVE are merely gross, smudgy texture swaps....

HOWEVER! AT LEAST EMPIRE DOESN"T LOOK LIKE A BUNCH OF HOBOS AND SAMURAI CIRCUS FREAKS IN THE PVP GROUNDS!! CAUSE IF THEY DID, THAT WOULD JUST BE... GAME OVER MAN!!! CAN"T HAVE THAT!

P.S. They also get purple lightsabers, cooler spell effects, better animations, better looking races..... ah F'it you get the point.

Yeah its depressing seeing how nice the Sith warrior armor look. The way they hold there saber and some of the animations are just so much better. Force scream works and looks better than our blade storm.

Seriously though who at Bioware thought it would be a great idea to make the empire look and perform so better than the republic. And why does our fleet look like a yellow dump compared to the empires fleet that has nice colorful holo trees, a big empire sign in the center and no gates all over the place.

Hi Alexious,

Style is something that is very subjective and what some people love, others find unacceptable. The solution to that lies in allowing players to control their own style, a function that the core game currently provides via customizable (orange) gear.

Please see Emmanuel's post on extending orange gear viability into endgame to get an idea of our intentions. Obviously, new appearances will also be added to the game over time as well.

Regards

Georg

Georg, I'm begging you.. as soon as you fix the disconnect issues... ADD MORE ARMOR OPTIONS!. especially to the light side.. I've turned sith to the light side before, can we please get some of the fashion designers turned back!!! I thought it was cute when Kira (my companion) said something along the lines of all the fashion designers gone to the dark side.. until i find myself wearing the same armor for the next 25 levels.. It's not so funny to see that she wasn't joking!

You know, the solution to this seems fairly simple to me. Make pvp vendors carry mods/armoring/enhancements that have expertise on top of other typical stats.

Then everyone can pick whatever moddable armor they want and slap those mods in it and voila, you have pvp gear that looks like whatever you want.

Am I missing something here or should I apply at Bioware tomorrow?

You know, the solution to this seems fairly simple to me. Make pvp vendors carry mods/armoring/enhancements that have expertise on top of other typical stats.

Then everyone can pick whatever moddable armor they want and slap those mods in it and voila, you have pvp gear that looks like whatever you want.

Am I missing something here or should I apply at Bioware tomorrow?

This I approve of to a degree.

Level 50 Sentinel here, slowly working on my PvP set.

Helm? Eh, I don't like it but hey- I can hide it.

Boots? Nice.

Gloves? Very nice.

Legs? Simple, nothing extravagant required.

Chest? What IS that pathetic excuse for a shoulder guard? It couldn't protect me from a heavy blaster round- it'd probably deflect it into my arm or face. The backpack I can understand- stims and such- but that shoulder piece really puts me off.

While I'd like some sort of formal* PvP set, mostly for the future, I'd love to see mods with resolve on them so we can choose which "formal PvP set" we'd like to use.

*- "formal" meaning and empty slot PvP-aquired set of some design so you don't see people running around in (early FP) gear fully kitted out with PvP mods, trying to deceive the opponents to how much of a threat they possibly are.

Edited by Weizzeger