Jedi Knights PvP gear is unacceptably pathetic. Be united against it!

Alexious

Up ! I like armors but hidden behind a cape...

Real Master Jedi Style: :)

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/b/ba/Jedi_masters1.jpg

Fresh Jedi Style: :)

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/ve3d/images/07/32/73203_StarWarsTheOldRepublic-Companion-Screenshot-02_normal.jpg

Ugly Jedi Style :mad:

http://www.lecourtierdelombre.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/chevalier-jedi-pvp-f-1-swtor.jpg

...and I'm afraid of seeing too luch shiny things like that: :mon_trap:

http://img29.xooimage.com/files/e/d/9/t6_set-3fec7c.jpg

That's not jedi, that's ugly.

Edited by BanGyaMan

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what we're complaining about here.

Every time I see this armor, I laugh for about fifteen minutes straight. I'm still wiping tears out of my eyes from the last time I saw it. Where else can you get that kind of hilarity?

I actually look forward to the day when we're allowed to fully customize all our orange gear, and new sets of PvP gear erase the nightmare that is the golden pajama samurai (with backpack accessory!). I'm going to whip this set out after it's faded from everyone else's memory, and I'll be the talk of the town. Can't wait!

I think what they were trying to do with this PVP set was harken back to the original Jedi. If you read the lore at all for Jedi the original Jedi's lightsaber required a powerpack that was attached to the back or belt to operate. I imagen thats what the backpack is suppose to represent. And while Jedi traditionally wear robes, robes are not something that functions well in a fight.

As for the helmet...yea, No idea where that came from.

This is my first post on the forums as far as I know/remember, and before we get any further I'd like to point out that I love Bioware. I love Mass Effect, Mass Effect's sequel, Jade Empire, Dragon Age and Dragon Age's se... nevermind. Just pointing out... if BioWare were a living entity, I'd have a drunken night with it and wake up with no regrets.

That aside... After going through the various pvp armor sets available to all the classes last night, from the tribal chief sharkbait hoo ha-ha sage gear to the imperial firefighter-looking trooper gear, I finally came across the Jedi Knight pvp gear. Never in my life could I even have imagined someone would come up with something that incredibly stupid looking. Especially for a Jedi. Yeah I can see where some people get off on the whole space samurai thing, I mean hell, that's what ****** 80's movies will do to a person's perceptions...

But what the hell Bioware?

What the hell were your artists thinking?

I'm normally an incredibly compassionate, if stoic person. In an age full of potheads, girls with daddy issues, Democrats, country music, Pro-life supporters, TMZ, the Westboro Baptist Church and people that like In-N-Out burger, one has to be a firm believer in the "to each their own" mentality, so long as it doesn't infringe on another individuals basic human rights, im not going to step in, and I'm not going to hold your beliefs or actions against you. That's my take on things. I love most everyone that doesn't watch Jersey Shore. But I can honestly, whole-heartedly say that I hate whoever designed this armor. This armor is a disgrace to the Star Wars Universe. I take this atrociousness personally, because I love Star Wars and everything about it. I'm a zealous die hard fan. So I have to ask... What would posess someone to think this is cool? Yeah, sure, leave it as a nice option for the few SWTOR players who's mothers smoked and drank heavily during pregnancy, but to have the exact same model of armor and only that model of armor for level 50 pvp gear for Knights is one of the worst ideas anyone could ever have for this game ever.

You can throw out that whole... "oh. well, if you don't like it, you can always mod orange gear!" argument. That's cool and all. But considering there are maybe 20 unique pieces of orange gear for any given class (and that's a VERY gross and gracious estimate)... that doesnt really make up for the atrocities to Gaming and mankind as a whole that Republic PVP Gear bestows.

I will even extend my hatered to the people that actually choose to wear this gear (for the stats). I have no respect for you if you are willing to sacrifice THAT much of your dignity for this gear. And I know about sacrificing dignity for awful looking gear. My main is a Sage. I hope I never que with you for a round of pvp, but at this point I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

My heart and hethenistic prayers go out to all Jedi Knights that must endure big butts and disgusting armor like this.

Shame on whoever designed this armor and shame on Bioware for hiring you. I bite my thumb at you. And I bite my thumb at whoever allowed this to happen.

agreed, at least have a cloak on the back instead of a backpack looking thing. Less medal more cloth with parts of metal in certain places.. A knight needs the ability to move quickly to fight. I doubt they would ever hinder themselves in full Armor..

have to agree: sentinel set is just ugly

(tbh, sage set isnt much better...the only "ok" set is trooper)

i agree that the sage one isn't very pretty too but i would 1000 times prefer to use the sage one instead this one.

p.s. i play a sentinel and a sage ;)

50's JK gear is easily the worst looking gear i have seen to date. It is niether cool nor is it funny, its just sad. I'd rather they change it to look funny than to remain it's current state of atrocity. at least it'll make me chuckle instead of cry. please can the person or ppl that designed this.

Whoever the art designer is, or whoever is in charge of the costume design in game should be fired on the spot! This is not only the worst PvP outfit in the game, but it's borderline offensive to the Star Wars brand. This is NOT how a Jedi would dress. The armored monk stuff you see in the trailers is more like it, then at 40 you get giant shoulder-pads (which have no viable use with someone who swings a weapon with his arms) and a cape, and they go with an Iron man rip-off for high lvl Jedi Knights....wow....

Who's the person who sat down looked at all available design choices and went with Shoulder pads, capes, body suits, iron man chest pieces (they didnt even attempt to hide the fact they ripped that off), boots with 14th century Knee flaps, and finally Samurai helms. None of these things with the exception of the Samurai helm have any place on a Jedi. The name Jedi is derived from the Japanese word Jedi-geki which loosely means Samurai warrior so I can understand the helm as a symbolic piece only, but again its not something a Jedi would sport

Then theres the lvl 40 PvP gear aswell...Here they decided a cape on a Jedi was a good idea? Capes should only be warn by gay superhero's in tights and evil toons! As a matter of fact the cape is an afront to everything the Jedi stand for and im shocked the designers missed this glaring aspect. A cape is a symbol, it has no use (and could actually be considered a liability in combat) except to show status! The Iron Man suit would only make sense if he were planning on doing sum spacewalking! Why oh why must I explain this silly ish to you ppl, smdh!!!!!

Now back to the Buck Rogers/Iron man PvP sets, I know Iron man was a good movie and an awesome superhero but that doesnt mean you need to put it in this game. Jedi themselves are not "superhero's" like superman or batman so stop with the capes already it shows your severe lack of proffessional insight on the subject at hand.

When u design the gear around any of the classes in the game u must also consider utility along with all the other aspects that would make someone wear such items. I know big cool looking spikes coming out of ones shoulders looks cool but what happens when u raise your sword over your head and stab yourself in the face! Or a Jedi who is supposed to be self-less dresses up in a flashy superman cape with tights! That is probably the biggest mistake I have seen in the continuity of this game so far. It boggles my mind that someone over at Bioware sat down and thought this through coming out the other end thinking it was a good idea....wow....Have you ppl ever even seen star wars and if u did what did you "get from the story", because for you to throw a cape on a Jedi tells me you have no idea what theyre even about!

Just way to gaudy for any of the republic side force wielders in my opinion. I would have thought being such a huge part of immersion and character development it would have been looked at very hard.

This isn't the Paris fashion show and I am not a model. Mace Windu does not approve mutha ******