[POLL] Will you continue to subscribe?

Vitiatix

Yes i will for now. But honestly i think that the big reason is just becasue there is'nt really any other quality mmo's competing with this atm. There is wow but there current patch is garbage and i just needed a break from it until mop. I just really hope by the time other games come out that i'm looking forward to that this game has its S%^& together so i will continue to pay for it along side other games i'm interested in but if not i will unsub.

Stuff i wanna see to keep me subbing is just more stuff to do at end game plain and simple. In all honeslty swtor brings absolutely nothing new to mmo's. You can say voice acting but in all honesty i believe that the time they invested in voice acting took away way to much from the actual mmo part of this game. Dont get me wrong i enjoy it. I found it very cool. But it only lasts about a week until u hit 50 then its like okay ... what now?

Also i wanna to see a REAL combat log and a recount. I feel without these they are forced to keep end game raiding and hm flashpoints really dull and keep the boss fight really really basic(just like they are now). Also i and most the hm raiidng community have been raiidng with a recount so long that it just really takes away from raiding without it. Having fun with numbers and improving them and theorycrafting is such a big part of raiding and this game just totally lacks that. Not to mention the lack of friendly dps/hps competition with guildies and friends which imo is such a huge part of raiding.

So basically atm i am not enjoying endgame at all to say the least. But i do believe they are trying to fix this and i am looking forward to it. The last thing i wanna see is this game fall apart. Like everyone else says swtor has a really good shell it justs needs time to get better.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i will for now. But honestly i think that the big reason is just becasue there is'nt really any other quality mmo's competing with this atm. There is wow but there current patch is garbage and i just needed a break from it until mop. I just really hope by the time other games come out that i'm looking forward to that this game has its S%^& together so i will continue to pay for it along side other games i'm interested in but if not i will unsub.

Stuff i wanna see to keep me subbing is just more stuff to do at end game plain and simple. In all honeslty swtor brings absolutely nothing new to mmo's. You can say voice acting but in all honesty i believe that the time they invested in voice acting took away way to much from the actual mmo part of this game. Dont get me wrong i enjoy it. I found it very cool. But it only lasts about a week until u hit 50 then its like okay ... what now?

Also i wanna to see a REAL combat log and a recount. I feel without these they are forced to keep end game raiding and hm flashpoints really dull and keep the boss fight really really basic(just like they are now). Also i and most the hm raiidng community have been raiidng with a recount so long that it just really takes away from raiding without it. Having fun with numbers and improving them and theorycrafting is such a big part of raiding and this game just totally lacks that. Not to mention the lack of friendly dps/hps competition with guildies and friends which imo is such a huge part of raiding.

So basically atm i am not enjoying endgame at all to say the least. But i do believe they are trying to fix this and i am looking forward to it. The last thing i wanna see is this game fall apart. Like everyone else says swtor has a really good shell it justs needs time to get better.

could not have said it better myself,i completely agree with you!

What he said and also, Bioware halfazzes everything instead of just giving us what we want(i.e.server forums) then they act like every little thing other MMOs already have is this huge deal so they can't just work it out right away.

Give me a break they have millions and millions. I love the concept of this game but I'm honestly looking forward to GW2 because Bioware gives the finger to it's community.

I'll keep subscribing, although I was surprised to find that while I never thought about cancelling because of any bugs, performance issues or content issues, I actually considered it and am somewhat on the fence due to the ridiculous cross over race and ability nonsense Bioware is adding as part of the "Legacy" system.

Just makes me feel they don't take Star Wars very seriously. :(

I have played 1 hour in the past month, My sub still has like 38 days left. Right now I will not resub, I will check out 1.2 but I doubt that patch alone will sway me. I am more interested in game mechanics and performance than I am with "star wars".

My sub ends in 9 days and i will not be resubbing.

I don't like the lack of LFG system, the crappy GTN interface, class balance issues, and the fact most of my friends have quit. And honestly, i just feel myself getting bored with the game.

I MIGHT return with 1.2 after getting people's initial impressions.

Edited by voicesinmyhead

No, I have 10 days left on my sub and I doubt I'm going to renew after I've already cancelled. I agree with the issues the guy above me brought forth, especially the lack of a viable LFG tool. Forget it.

Cancelled sub yesterday, think i have 22 days left on "free" month. I just dont like the game at all, and the main issue for me is that the gameworld feel dead, boring and have zero feeling of vastness and adventure. In fact the planets are mostly like mazes with corridoors that limit what routes you can take all the time, and that takes away all the enjoyment for me.

I will most likely sub for another 30 days when my current expires in 10 days so I can check out the 1.2 update. I don't know how much longer I will play after that. It honestly all depends on GW2. I bought SWTOR knowing it was just a hold-over game for me until GW2 launched.

Yes, I am in this for the long haul.

This is a new, fresh, brilliant MMO that has the backing of the worlds best gaming developer currently.

Between SWTOR and ME3, Bioware are kings of the gaming world.

You clearly haven't beat ME3 and have seen the ridiculous conclusions that give fans the finger and destroys the I.P.

Edit: The game was perfect until the end too. 5 years destroyed in 5 minutes. Don't believe me? http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/category/355/index

Edited by Tuscad

Yes, I am in this for the long haul.

This is a new, fresh, brilliant MMO that has the backing of the worlds best gaming developer currently.

Between SWTOR and ME3, Bioware are kings of the gaming world.

Bioware certainly seemed to have that reputation...SWTOR has fallen quite a bit short imo. I certainly would not consider them the best mmo gaming studio at this point.

I unsubbed yesterday...smugglers with force choke:(

Edited by Menisong

Cancelled sub yesterday, think i have 22 days left on "free" month. I just dont like the game at all, and the main issue for me is that the gameworld feel dead, boring and have zero feeling of vastness and adventure. In fact the planets are mostly like mazes with corridoors that limit what routes you can take all the time, and that takes away all the enjoyment for me.

Sadly you are far from the only one that feels this way. There were a lot of threads about the single player-ish design of the planets. They were one of the main reasons i unsubed too. So restrictive, un-alive, repetitive scenery, black-screen elevators on every step, unfinished, non-interactive, un-explorable places (black map-spots) in the middle of zones, invisible walls in the middle of zones, exhaustion, loading screens, linear tunnel design ... I can continue with bad things about zones design forever.

Not sure. Guild is dwindling as they all head back to, yeah, you guessed it... WoW. Last holdout is a friend. If he does, I'm out. The game is very soloable but I can play solo games anywhere. I DO like to play with friends. Sucks because I enjoyed it a lot initially. We shall see.

Bioware certainly seemed to have that reputation..

They certainly did, until (for me personally) DA 2. But hey, i thought that was just an aberration, so got myself both a CE of this, and a 6 month sub.

Well.. i've stopped playing. No point in logging in, guild is dead (was very active the first month), there is nothing to do, and so on...

My take on ToR is :

An excellent leveling experience.

Absolutely fantastic voice acting.

And thats it for the positive parts, im sure i could list 30 negative bulletpoints, but its all been said multiple times, so there is no point.

For most MMO's that has been made, endgame is where "the game really begins". In ToR, level 50 is where the game dies. Unfortunately.

i still have almost 2 months left on my subscription... so maybe more people will join before it expires.. my gripe is the lack of players .. even though my server says standard population at all times... just recently leveling my jedi.. balmorra i was 1 of maybe 5 people on planet... if i was lucky i could get 1 to maybe run 2 man heroics but thats only after trolling for half an hour.. 2 levels of quesh i was the only person on planet until my guild came to kill world boss.. and hoth usually only 4-5 people (sorry im rambling.. percocets got me loopy right now) anyway.. to my point ..many of us came from mmo's like wow.. and it had a really good population in there...40 man city raids weren't hard to put together.. not to mention one of the most important parts to any mmorpg.. a strong driven market for funding your crafting skills and such.. im lucky if i can find an imp to attack while questing...that was the entire reason for joining a pvp server.. anyone can do a warzone..even on pve.. what they need to do.. is consolidate some of the servers... to build up population.. game economy etc.. i hate having to use my imp player to buy things for my republic character.. so as it stands now.. im going to play what i've payed for already though.. i love the character development.. the story, LOVE the musical score.. and if anyone could tell me what that song that plays while you're in the republic fleet station an instrumental about 30 seconds long and kinda sounds like the song from gladiator in the end .. anyhoot.. gnight.. time to go hunt some imps :confused:

NO.

There is nothing to discover, nothing to figure out in this game that consists entirely of "go there do that" quests.

I didnt expect a masterpiece when i bought swtor, but i didnt expect the most boring and simplistic p2p game ever made.

SWTOR is for people that dont want to budge a single neuron when playing an mmo.

NO.

There is nothing to discover, nothing to figure out in this game that consists entirely of "go there do that" quests.

I didnt expect a masterpiece when i bought swtor, but i didnt expect the most boring and simplistic p2p game ever made.

SWTOR is for people that dont want to budge a single neuron when playing an mmo.

^^^

This, just cancelled.

I haven't actually logged in for about 2 weeks.

1.2 does NOT sound promising.

Been busy with Mass Effect 3 (beautiful game until the last 10 minutes ruin it all) and Street Fighter X Tekken.

I'll probably let the subscription die and pick up Guild Wars 2 when it launches.

Horrible, I played SWG through all of the bs SOE threw at me because there was a real community. This game has no such thing.

Edited by Zyillo