[POLL] Will you continue to subscribe?

Vitiatix

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like many, I am constantly getting hit by bugs. I have the game installed on three machines (2 accounts) and on all three I am constantly getting all sort of graphics crashes, and the hardware required to play decent is ridiculous. I love the game, when it works, but I can't stand that I am lucky to pull 15fps on a quad-core 16GB ram machine with SSD and a year old graphics card with 1GB ram. WOW played better 7 years ago on 10x less hardware with similar graphics.

The bugs are starting to push me away. I now have 14 quests in my log that I can't abandon.. so now I can only fit 11 usable quests. This is ridiculous. As a programmer, this is a simple fix. If it's not, they wrote something terribly wrong to begin with.

The Galactic Network..holy crap? I read all these comments on various threads about "Wow wasn't this good a month after it started either.." and I think.. uhm.. this game was in the making for 6 years, all while WOW got better.. how did they release this with such a horrible auction system? Why on earth do I need to drill down 2, 3sometimes 4 steps to find specific items? Why can't I shift-click to look up an item so I can see how much its selling for and can then put mine up. Why is the splitting system so bad? At least they got the stacking of items decent.. up to 99 metals and such in one slot and plenty of bag slots..but My God this thing needs to be rewritten! Since there is no plugin/addon capability, we're stuck with whatever they give us. Please fix this UI yesterday!

As in another thread, the long delays between things is really a time sink. I want to play, and with limited time to play too, it sux that I spend almost half my time traveling around. Why do we need cooldowns? So a few people may abuse it..big deal.. they paid for the game, they're paying monthly, quick travel cooldown is just so dumb. And worse, we can't summon people anywhere..so everyone has to travel for a LONG time to get to any heroic.. forget a flashpoint or getting help from a guildy on some planet..nobody wants to have to travel to their ship to then go to your planet or the fleet..takes so long.

Look.. WoW is a great game today, and of course it was not as nearly polished and good as it is today.. but because this game was in development long after WoW.. why did they not look at WoW and learn their competition, know what the players liked, what didn't work, etc and make damn sure it was solid in this game before release!

I unsibscribed last week, the main reason being server population which was severely unhealthy (7 people on fleet at 3pm in the afternoon on a est server?) warzones don't happen in the morning, they already suffer at noon; but above this I guess was the lack of end game, there is no point in doing pvp anymore other than fun, and how can you have fun with such queues? on the other side, pve. . . why do nightmare modes again? No incentive.

Another disappointment is the linearity between the story lines, every class has an excuse to go to the same place. Bioware could say that they are all original and entertaining, but past the twists and turns you're just following the same path as every class. The fact that I have to do the same order of worlds with no alternative makes me not want to experience another alt (I already have two BM chars, one is already War Hero).

I want to love this game, but damn, every time "SWTOR" comes to my mind I just picture myself sitting on the fleet doing nothing.

Not likely, they lack too many elements to make this game successful, and already players are abusing abilities to make the only fun part of the game (Huttball) a nuissance to play. Being pulled into fire by team mates or having Jugs push people to caps. Too many people getting away with this to keep my interest.

GJ killing a could-be game Bioware. And I don't even want to hear anything about EA, this is all on Bioware.

I have pretty much decided to let my sub run out and take a break, but will keep an eye on TOR in the hope it finally gets worthwhile to re-sub again, it was released too early and missing key things.

As someone who doesn't really raid, the PvP needed to keep me after hitting 50 on a couple classes and losing the motivation to make a 3rd for now, but 2.25 Warzones isn't enough ( I say .25, as I probably leave at least 3/4 of Hutt pops straight away, not my fav WZ ) and Ilum is rubbish, no reason to stay at all.

If as my sig says, the amount of Warzones was doubled in 1.2 and Ilum was made worthwhile to participate in, proper objectives and rewards/consequences for winning/losing, then I would stay for sure.

Warhammer may have messed it up, but the idea of forts and getting to raid the enemy city as a reward was sound.

The objectives were enough for people to make organized warbands and work together to achieve the objectives and stay for the duration, gave a reason to play and created a great community on my server Ironclaw for example.

Ilum has nothing but complete your daily in 5-10 mins and leave, I really don't know why BW thought Ilum in it's current state would be a success and keep pvpers subs :eek:

Ilum doesn't have to do the same thing as War, but it needs something along those lines, proper objectives, rewards and consequences, reasons to keep people participating and not seeing them leave after the daily is done :(

After reading more posts.. it sounds like Bioware is hoping to release minor fixes and some left out features here and there over the next year.

I hope if I let my 6 month sub go out..I don't lose my toons if I decide to come back in a year or so. I won't come back if I have to level them up again if that is the case.

The cross server pvp queues and being able to move your toons across servers would be a big plus too. Again that's another WOW thing that took them a couple years before putting that in, that should have been in this game day 1. They left so much out that made WoW so good the last year or so it's as if they didn't learn anything that made wow so good and why players kept coming back to it.

The other thing that kills me is the non stop crashes. My game crashes randomly several times in an hour or so session. No error, nothing. Just crashes. Also, every time I launch it I get some 2nd error window that says "reprot or close" without fail. I wasn't seeing that when the game first came out.

I wonder if any of the devs/bioware peeps read these threads and are taking notes and will fix issues and let us know too.

I am leaning towards cancelling currently not primarily because of the game, the bugs and limitations I can live with but the treatment of the community and the quality of the customer service and company communication is really really bad. I find it hard to justify paying for a service that is so poor from this perspective.

We will see ...

For a month or 2 more, but by that time I think I will have worn out the fun factor

Once that happns, Ill jump to something that I have fun with and return here once the patches that are waited on come out.

PvP= sergfest and lag

PvE= fun times , but alot of rince and repeat ( as all mmo's )

Edited by Rotton

To me the feel of pvp is so good in this game, If Ilum was wortha **** and the ranking system was legit i'd stay Until there was a revamp of zones bringing faction closer and upping the population density (the next xpac) Edited by BCBull

I'm keeping my sub, and continuing with my game play.

I enjoy it, have made some new friends questing, leveling, enjoying the content, and even helping out people when asked (both directly and in general). Not to mention the friends, helping, and events in the guild.

I deal with the bugs, yes they are there, but this is still new and is actually good in comparison to other games that launched, which did launch smoothly by most comparisons.

Loyal for 7 years of WoW, done the Heroics grind too much, bored to tears, tried a new toon and leveled too fast/easy and no challenge in the slightest most remote possible context. Too "dumbed" down for me over the years,

took an arrow to the knee (sorry)

I feel that WoW is destroying itself in preparation for Titan

First mount, lvl 40, cost ` 100 Gold; Epic mount 60, cost priceless (Quest line Paladin) 800Gold (Rep Factor Shammy) and then the first fliers :)

now first mount lvl 20 cost, pocket change; Epic 40 cost a little more pocket change.

Ultima Online,EVE Online, not for me, and not into so many others as well.

Just be happy with wherever you go and whatever you play, it is a game after all. And I do enjoy this one.

I will be staying. This game is doing very well in my opinion and the fact that people are jumping ship when we are what, just over two months old, is just funny to me.

EVERY game will have bugs. Every game has released missing something or has had something not work just right. Even your precious WoW had it's own issues and still does.

What is important to me is that those I play with and those around for what I have seen are enjoying themselves. I can play through bugs here and there as long as we are happy overall. This is an MMO and we need to play with others to really use this game for what it is.

Sure you could solo most, if not all of it, but what then? As a guild or a good community the end game is what we make of it. Helping each other along the way to complete goals and enjoy each others company, that is a side of the game that many do not seem to find.

I am leaning towards cancelling currently not primarily because of the game, the bugs and limitations I can live with but the treatment of the community and the quality of the customer service and company communication is really really bad. I find it hard to justify paying for a service that is so poor from this perspective.

We will see ...

My feelings as well

I'm torn. I can't help but feel that the game is just something to do when I'm bored to death. It doesn't really have that feeling that makes me excited to get home and play it. When I have free time, which, due to being in a transitional phase in my life I have a bit of at the moment, I never think "Oh, I wanna play SW:TOR!" It always just comes up as a last resort when I can't find anything else to do.

The worst part is is that I've really tried to make my experience a good one. I've gone out of my way to link up with a great community to play with, a guild that spans across 3 sub guilds and shares Mumble and a chat channel with one another. There are always tons of folks online to play/chat with. I've rolled on a fantastic server with a healthy population. I've really tried to treat the game as a role playing game in the sense that instead of just mindlessly grinding, I've tried to step into my character's shoes.

There have been plenty of times where I'll find myself having fun, but I'm afraid that the game is just far too linear and predictable to hold my attention for any real length of time. I'd love to make a Sith Inquisitor or maybe a Republic character, but I know that so much of the leveling experience will just be a re-hash. The class quests are the best part of the game, but they account for a very small percentage of the actual leveling experience.

I can overlook almost every other problem with the game at this point, but it seems like just one problem: linearity, is going to be the game breaker for me. For all of its faults, even WoW had several zones you could choose to experience at any given level. SW:TOR is just the same every single time.

I thought they wanted us to make alts in this game. :confused: I will probably be done at the end of March as I'm already playing less and less.

Edited by Sevvy_Boo

I am undecided. I really like the game for som many reasons, but ultimately I play online games for interaction and competition on PvP servers, and the idea of a 4:1 Empire imbalance is killing my buzz, I dont really want to play on either side of a 4:1 ratio, I find myself logging in and looking at my character selection screen and thinking: what is the point?

The game is also too linear to make re-rolling palatable.

I've been fifty for a few weeks now and I'm already doing the stand around fleet while afk game.

Ultimately I play this game to be with my guildmates who've been together from FFXI to WoW to Rift. So if they get bored with this game and move on to something else I'll be moving on as well since this game doesn't really have enough going on for me to keeping subbing to play on my own.

A lot of my guildmates are holding out for 1.2, it's the whole make or break the game thing for them. We'll see until then. I know a lot of them are really excited about GW2, but I've never been a fan of PVP based mmos.

Edited by Camilladilla