Guide: How to WRECK lvl 50 Assassin PVP solo que

fitterbr

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who continue to PM me, Yes darkness is a perfectly viable leveling spec.

PM is possible here? Way to punish people sharing their experience in guides.

Thanks by the way for putting all this in here. I am still not 50, but before I saw this thread I was actually going for that exact build already and I am glad that it is viable.

Maybe I am just a bad player (still klicking alot after plenty years away from competetive playing) but at around level 40 with full damge pvp gear, I do waaaay less damage than other players in my range. This is something I just put into the bracket "The dmaage itself over the time will even out once max leveled". I will stay alive longer and so will be able to punish my enemies. Also I am just putting points into madness. Well that's what I hope. Hopefully my 6-7 (very rarely 8 medals) don't indicate bad playstyle and I will get the high numbers I see from other tank classes.

I feel like I am contributing much for my team with this specc already. I can totally shut down an attack when we are outnumbered until reinforcements come in, I can keep three or four people busy while important stuff happens somewhere else, Huttball without force pull? Never again!

I don't stop guarding once the medals are there. Not sure if this will punish me forever, but I am not going to lay this in my eyes huge support for the team aside just to get more medals. But will I be forced to do so? Do I trade shielding my mates against respectable damage at the end? What are the scorecard numbers you are used to. I know it doesn't matter much actually, but others think different. Bonus commedation and valor are for free after all...

Asking anyone who has Level 50 experience with this build.

cheers

It's rare for Assassin to be top DPS unless no one on your team ever died, because ranged DPS will generally be more likely to stay alive more often than you to dish out more damage.

Really when you look at the results, you should look at killing blows. For example one of the random game I have I had 29 total kills and 20 killing blows. Against good competition, you have a very narrow window before the enemy heals whoever is low back up, so getting killing blows is a lot more important than doing high total DPS since killing blows means you finished the job. I believe killing blows are somehow tied to the announcement (player is unbeatable/invinicible/immortal). If you're doing well, you should be hitting those announcements before anyone on your team does, even if you're dying more often than they are. That is a more reliable metric of how much contribution on offense than total DPS. The guys who have the immortal announcement are definitely ripping through the enemy even if their total DPS doesn't appear to be very high.

Doesn't kinetic bypass armor as well? There is an entire AC *cough*operatives*cough* that revolves around that damage type. There is a really good thread written up on it in the PvP section here. You're correct, armor does fine mitigating weapon damage, but there is so little of that type in the PvP metagame that it is in fact trivial.

Meaning that a reduction of X% from expertise is a flat reduction of X% regardless of armor rating.

Kinetic does not bypass armor, but it does appear to bypass shielding.

Unless the attack says "weapon damage" in the description, it apparently is not affected by your shields. So wearing a shield is pretty useless against many classes (seems most effective against other assassins and snipers).

Kinetic does not bypass armor, but it does appear to bypass shielding.

Unless the attack says "weapon damage" in the description, it apparently is not affected by your shields. So wearing a shield is pretty useless against many classes (seems most effective against other assassins and snipers).

I think defense/shielding is only possible on melee/ranged attacks, and there are actually very few of those in the game. Melee/ranged attacks all do weapon damage because the damage type is dependent on the weapon. For example a lightsaber does energy damage, while a training saber does kinetic damage. Therefore, melee attack does not have a fixed damage type because in theory you could still be using a Vibrosword (which is kinetic). Kinetic damage, by itself, doesn't tell you anything about whether the attack is defendable or not. But it seems like every attack that has a specify type of damage is never melee or ranged attack.

I believe killing blows are somehow tied to the announcement (player is unbeatable/invinicible/immortal). If you're doing well, you should be hitting those announcements before anyone on your team does, even if you're dying more often than they are. That is a more reliable metric of how much contribution on offense than total DPS. The guys who have the immortal announcement are definitely ripping through the enemy even if their total DPS doesn't appear to be very high.

No, those announcements are based on the amount of medals you get before dying. At 9 medals without death, you get Immortal which is as high as it goes atm.

Not all that hard to get immortal really, just pop guard on someone in the first big scrum, try to fish out a killing blow before running away at half health for the heal buff. You should have your 2k 5k protection and KB medals. Go back do it again you get your 10k protection medal, possibly 10 kills by now especially if you spam dark charge in a scrum a few times. Now go around using the map buff to hunt solo targets and 75k damage will soon come, 1k defender points is easy to get sitting around. Then you just need to grind up to 25 kills (drop some AOE on the big fights to tag them all), and if you an get an assassin medal for solo kill there you have it. 2.5k damage in one hit is the other one I get with regularity (but with a full tank build I either need shock with everything up or assasinate with relic to do this, however assassinate only counts damage actually done, not how big the hit was.) The higher damage ones are hard to get as tank especially solo queue but happen occaisionally, 3k defense is very possible in civil war though.

I hate to be negative in an otherwise awesome post. This build is valid against non-Expertise groups... it rocks, however playing against pre-mades in full pvp gear that are Assassing/Shadow and Op/Smugg heavy it is pretty much worthless. I am being burnt down in seconds lately and it has been very frustrating.

*Note I do not have my full PvP set, I am missing boots, gloves, head and belt.

I've been following this thread from the start and have played darkness heavy since I got access 2 days prior to release. I've tried other specs...I enjoy deception a great deal but I always come back to darkness. I've been running a similar spec to the OP since I hit 50.

I disagree with those who say that it is ineffective against premades...If you're in a pug and the pug isn't working together yet going against a guild who is likely on vent, coordinating everything, of course your chances for success are diminished.

The OP said this is great for solo queue, (and it is) but I find it shines even more with a coordinated group. I regularly queue with 1 melee dps, 1 healer, and 1 ranged dps and this spec dominates in that setup. I don't really care about damage...I'd rather do less damage, support my team by protecting a healer, and irritate people by not dying.

I think it's great running into a battle surrounded/outnumbered by red name tags only to watch them turn grey and disappear, while my name tag stays green. I take great satisfaction in ensuring that the good folks at logitech and microsoft are maintaining keyboard sales...knowing that someone somewhere out there in the world is punching a keyboard because of a pvp experience brings a smile to my face.

With this build: (I call it the Stealth Paladin)

-If you are solo queueing and dieing more than 5 times, you're doing it wrong.

-If you are group queueing, and dieing more than once or twice, you're both doing it wrong.

-If you have less than 40k protection, you're doing it wrong (...this has been my focus over the past few days because I feel I need to improve here...i forget to guard people after changing positions on the battlefield...it doesn't help that it's like impossible to click on a friend but Shift+Tab helps a lot)

-If you are expecting 250-300k damage and you're on a map other than Voidstar, you may have lofty dreams or a misguided interpretation of what this build is about.

I've been rolling with this build for a couple weeks. I don't have the gear (or the skill for that matter) and I can attest that this is a beastly build. The recent buff to wither is amazing.

I broke my damage and medal records as deception easily, and I felt like I was contributing more to the team effort too (guarding healers etc).

It's very different, but a good different. I hope they figure out how to fix up deception.

This is the best post thats ever happened to me. I have been killing level 46 to 48 players on Voss at level 44 with this spec! My sniper buddy LOVEs me now in WZs.

In PvE I take Drellik and after almost every fight I have full health. Almost no need to have Seeth on the bar. I used to have to us it after every fight, Now I can take out a gold elite and have full health at the end of the fight.

Can you list a rotation or priority list? I understand different situations call for different things.

Lets just say someone stood there and let you beat on them. What rotation would you use and what procs to look for.. I am struggling with this part.

Note I am level 42