Guide: How to WRECK lvl 50 Assassin PVP solo que

fitterbr

I'm thinking about dropping deception and running with darkness now that I'm 25 and have lacerate. Before i do, i want to know if Khem Val does good dmg in his DPS stance if i take him off tanking. Or do i leave him as a tank anyway?

I don't think it would make a huge difference either way but you may as well put him in dps stance if you are going darkness until you get a dps companion.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only question is a minor one on your talent spec. Why go 3/3 Electric Execution as opposed to going 2/2 Thrashing Blades and 1/3 Electric Execution? It feels like since you will be using Dark Charge all the time the dmg on it is real small, does it add up? As opposed to having to having a stronger Thrash.

Either of these are acceptable. I find myself attacking from 5-10m range the majority of the time and not able to use thrash, hence my selection.

23-0-18 is miles ahead of 31-0-10 for PVP.

You have roughly the same amount of mitigation, but you're also stacking DPS-increasing talents with Death Field (30m > PBAE) and instant whirlwind for turning 2v2 fights into two 2v1 fights.

now, the 23-0-18 is really a pvp only spec or also a good pve spec? (the 31-0-10

seems to be good for both)

Again because no one has responded to my last post. STOP PUTTING POINTS IN SWELLING SHADOWS.

Thank you!

there is nothing else to put them in is the issue. At least swelling shadows is somewhat useful compared to the other things in that tier after the speed and cloak cd reducer. Need 1 point to advance to T3 and you need to do something with 2 points from t5 since nerve wracking requires a very specific circumstance to be useful.

In the battle of which sucks the least swelling shadows wins ov er electric execution and shroud of darkness

23-0-18 is miles ahead of 31-0-10 for PVP.

You have roughly the same amount of mitigation, but you're also stacking DPS-increasing talents with Death Field (30m > PBAE) and instant whirlwind for turning 2v2 fights into two 2v1 fights.

23-0-18 has advantages in some situations but overall IMO it is not as competitive. You sacrifice 15% damage on discharge, wither, 30% damage on wither, the -5% damage debuff of wither and the ability to Force Lightning for up to 7k (on squishies) with recklessness every 1 min 15 secs for a 30m range move and the ability to lock someone out for 10s every minute. A great trade in some circumstances but I feel it depends on your style of play.

Also note that deathfield may hit about twice as hard as wither, but wither is usable twice as often AND is AoE.

The benefit of 31-0-10 becomes hugely important in group PvP where you realize the full up time of wither, discharge, shock, force lightning, and force slow. The majority of the time in group battles you will be knocked back, rooted, snared, or knocked down and your kill target will be running out of your thrash range. You may hit harder with 23-0-18 while able to maintain melee range but 31-0-10 is much more effective at dealing damage up to 10m and staying alive.

U are totally correct.

ive played this since lvl 40 and never looked back. (i felt like a glass canon, with to little pew pew)

The 23-0-18 Shock spec also works great, due to Higher substained damage with Higher trash crits and Raze. + U have a ranged AoE (30 meters) that with my less than perfect gear crits for up to 2500 on 3 targets..

What is the skill rotation (priority) for this build?

In PvP there is no rotation you will adjust everything you do on the fly. In a team fight I get the debuffs up first but 1v1 would be something like:

0. Target running or >10m range then force slow/pull/force speed or if 3 stacks of harness darkness and target will eat an entire force lightning then pop recklessness and a power or surge clicky and force lightning.

1. if the target is =<30% assassinate.

2. Shock on CD to build charges of harness darkness

3. wither to get debuff up

4. discharge

5. spam wither/saber strike/thrash depending on level of force and range of the target

You may prioritize Thrash higher if you are able to maintain good uptime in melee range in order to get more energize procs or if you don't need the defensive debuffs from wither/discharge.

Open to comments on this priority list.

Thats a decent spec. I used one very similar to that for awhile, I just find the 28/0/13 spec fits my playstyle better. If you can make that spec work it makes quick work of most opponents. It is also the spec people complain about the most saying the class is broken when my guess is that they're trying to play like a true rogue and finding out its not, unfortunately.

Good luck in your future hunting. :)

/subscribed

My main game play is pvp with a touch of flashpoints....

I played as a 5/33/3 assassin and respeced to your exact spec and kept my dps armor and picked up a shield gen as per your recommendation and omg warzones are SO SO SO much more fun to play since I don't die instantly anymore. Completely diffrent playing style that I will have to get used to but even in the learning stages of this build I walked out of the two warzones I played with a bunch of commedations and scored twice in the huttball game I played WOOHOO!

Thanks for sharing your build as I was becomming one extremely fustrated assassin :D

Did put this post in another thread its a similar sort of build but dropped wither and went for maul as a secondary burst dps as i felt it does noticeable more damage than adding in chain shock. Losing wither does not lose you any survivability. All so i went for 3% more endurance instead of disjunction and preminition.

27/12/2 set up, i have tried darkness/madness and deception builds and find this to be my fav. Its a pvp build not sure how it would do in pve

It works something like this....

charge = dark charge (lightning for burning)

dark ward when low (every cd)

basic rotation

is shock>discharge>thrash

specific rotations

electrocute when exploit weakness comes up and maul..... (you will most probably have induction as well by this time)

when harvest darkness has stacked 3 times hit reckless>forced lightning>shock (the first reckless will be used on lightning the 2nd on the will give the 50% bonus crit if energize is activated) ive had lightning tick for 1300 and only have 2 pieces of pvp gear

burn time

If its time to burn and they are close to death i put in these 2 moves before a specific rotation

lightning charge>overcharge sabre.... this will do 100% extra damage on an all ready good dps rotation

i all so use the crit trinket alot before specific rotations and defiantly before burning.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rIbckbskbZhRrMZb.1

I know this way involves watching whats buffs you are getting and can be a pain but the dps is good so i spent as many points as i could in staying alive. I did try with spending points in madness to get chain shock but it didnt give as much dps as the maul.

there is nothing else to put them in is the issue. At least swelling shadows is somewhat useful compared to the other things in that tier after the speed and cloak cd reducer. Need 1 point to advance to T3 and you need to do something with 2 points from t5 since nerve wracking requires a very specific circumstance to be useful.

In the battle of which sucks the least swelling shadows wins ov er electric execution and shroud of darkness

Umm Thrashing blades from tier 1?

Here is every spec

31/0/10

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rIMokrskbsZZf0cM.1

27/14/0

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rIMokrskbZhGbMk.1

23/0/18

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rsMokrskZZf0cRrMz.1

Look you NEVER NEED SWELLING SHADOWS!!!

Umm Thrashing blades from tier 1?

Here is every spec

31/0/10

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rIMokrskbsZZf0cM.1

27/14/0

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rIMokrskbZhGbMk.1

23/0/18

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rsMokrskZZf0cRrMz.1

Look you NEVER NEED SWELLING SHADOWS!!!

My variant already has thrashing blades and shroud of darkness is barely better than electric execution plus swelling shadows in a long fight actually produces results. On a long enough timeline it produces 15% more procs dark charge, which has some noticeable difference.

Take standard 5 min encounter

Chance to proc standard is 50% per attack assume we can safely assume we average 2 hits per gcd will average one every 2 seconds. So we have a 150 procs of say 50 health so 7500 healing.

Swelling shadows ups that to 65% chance which means we should proc on average every 1.8ish seconds give or take a fraction of second in a long enough timeline so that’s 8625 healing.

Versus getting 3% of 1400 endurance so 42 endurance. Yea i will take the extra healing since I survive long enough in PvP that the little mitigation it provides outweighs the benefits of having a couple hundred more health. All 3 talents on that tier other than the cd reductions suck but swelling shadows sucks the least.

Edited by kainsec

My variant already has thrashing blades and shroud of darkness is barely better than electric execution plus swelling shadows in a long fight actually produces results. On a long enough timeline it produces 15% more procs dark charge, which has some noticeable difference.

Take standard 5 min encounter

Chance to proc standard is 50% per attack assume we can safely assume we average 2 hits per gcd will average one every 2 seconds. So we have a 150 procs of say 50 health so 7500 healing.

Swelling shadows ups that to 65% chance which means we should proc on average every 1.8ish seconds give or take a fraction of second in a long enough timeline so that’s 8625 healing.

Versus getting 3% of 1400 endurance so 42 endurance. Yea i will take the extra healing since I survive long enough in PvP that the little mitigation it provides outweighs the benefits of having a couple hundred more health. All 3 talents on that tier other than the cd reductions suck but swelling shadows sucks the least.

I don't really understand your math. A GCD is 1.5 sec. Dark Charge is on a 1.5 sec CD. You are attacking 2 times per GCD with a 50% chance per attack to proc the heal/damage. More often then not you are procing Dark Charge every GCD. How are you gaining more when the proc has a CD on it?

I don't really understand your math. A GCD is 1.5 sec. Dark Charge is on a 1.5 sec CD. You are attacking 2 times per GCD with a 50% chance per attack to proc the heal/damage. More often then not you are procing Dark Charge every GCD. How are you gaining more when the proc has a CD on it?

How are you attacking twice every GCD? If you look at the priority that I put up there even though its rough MOST of those attacks do not hit twice per GCD... granted in team play they hit more than 1 target however. I don't think either choice is going to break your game, they are optional points put them into what ever dump skill you chose.

I'm curious, for pvp with a full tank spec like this do you get the pvp items meant for tanks, i.e. the Survivor set that contains Defense or do you go for dps pieces to help with the loss of burst and so on.

on my one iv found my burst down a little so trying for more damage orientated gear

I'm curious, for pvp with a full tank spec like this do you get the pvp items meant for tanks, i.e. the Survivor set that contains Defense or do you go for dps pieces to help with the loss of burst and so on.

I only have experience in the 23/0/18 as far as darkness specs are considered but I think the general rule of thumb is...

31/0/10 = full tank set up

Hybrids = dps set with dark charge and shield generator, lightning charge for burn cycles and/or slightly more added dps to a single target.

I assume using the 27/14/0 hybrid you could use either based upon personal preference. Tank set for added survivability and slightly less damage, dps set for more damage and slightly less survivability. The same holds true for 23/0/18 but that build is imo more of a purely offensive "darkness" spec.

Edited by Cowflab

I use the full dps set minus the focus. The shield is just too good to pass up. The tank set would make you an absolute beast if you want to carry the ball and guard your team a lot.

How are you attacking twice every GCD? If you look at the priority that I put up there even though its rough MOST of those attacks do not hit twice per GCD... granted in team play they hit more than 1 target however. I don't think either choice is going to break your game, they are optional points put them into what ever dump skill you chose.

Thrash = 2 attacks

Shock = 1

Most of the time people Thrash>Thrash>Shock that is 5 attacks in 3 GCDs.

Thrash = 2 attacks

Shock = 1

Most of the time people Thrash>Thrash>Shock that is 5 attacks in 3 GCDs.

If that rotation works for you then great but try to mislead others here into thinking that Thrash>Thrash>Shock is an optimal playstyle.

Edited by fitterbr

i tried this spec and loved it, my only concern is that im not doing nearly as much dps as i had been, i just got 50 and have 1 peice of champ gear so take that into account, but will my dps output change as I get used to this spec/get better gear?

If that rotation works for you then great but it is definitely not how your game play will work out in pvp unless you do nothing when your target is out of melee range.

I gave a basic idea of what a normal attack GCD looks like. What if you are stunned knocked back 30 yards and are unable to cast any of your attacks? We are not talking about a bunch of what ifs. I was talking about how much 15% chance to proc dark charge is even worth. It seems like VERY little and it is. All because it has a 1.5 sec cooldown.

i tried this spec and loved it, my only concern is that im not doing nearly as much dps as i had been, i just got 50 and have 1 peice of champ gear so take that into account, but will my dps output change as I get used to this spec/get better gear?

With full champ gear and a matrix shard and bioc clickies your damage will be good. You will regularly see 2.4k+1.2k shock crits, 3k-4k assassinate crits, and 7k-10k force lightning channels.

Edited by fitterbr

I gave a basic idea of what a normal attack GCD looks like. What if you are stunned knocked back 30 yards and are unable to cast any of your attacks? We are not talking about a bunch of what ifs. I was talking about how much 15% chance to proc dark charge is even worth. It seems like VERY little and it is. All because it has a 1.5 sec cooldown.

I'm not going to argue with you. As I have said they are rather unimportant skill points regardless of where you assign them. Do as you will.