Guide: How to WRECK lvl 50 Assassin PVP solo que

fitterbr

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which spec is better for 1v1 world pvp? the 31 or the 28? and can u kill any class with either of them? or what classes gives the most trouble to assassins?

You can kill any class with the 31-0-10 spec. You are an outlaster more than a burster and skilled healers can take some time to wear down.

hmm, do u guys think it would be worth dropping wither to get 2 more points into madness for claws of decay for the 31/0/10 spec?

I don't see the point to go 31 in Darkness until Wither is buffed, not because Darkness is weak but that getting Wither means you're missing out on some pretty useful stuff, and right now I don't think Wither is strong enough to warrant losing those unelss you're really paranoid about Operatives and need another tool to expose them.

I have a question regarding the OP's post for spec 31/0/10

What stats should i be stacking?

Power, Surge, Crit?

I understand this is a Tank type spec, but for PVP what is optimal, people are saying DPS gear but what stats are classified as the "main" stat for this spec so i can gear in the right direction?

Power, Surge, Crit?

I understand this is a Tank type spec, but for PVP what is optimal, people are saying DPS gear but what stats are classified as the "main" stat for this spec so i can gear in the right direction?

Imo its willpower>Crit>endurance>surge>power.

so would u say it would be better to get wither after the patch instead of claws of decay?

Yeah, I know Wither is getting buffed, but since it hasn't happened yet there's no reason to spec for that just yet. Looking at the position of Wither (31 points), you've to give up some pretty significant talents to get it right now, and I don't think its current incarnation is worth giving up that much. Your mileage may vary. I'll definitely respec to try it out when it gets buffed, but not just yet.

so did i mess up then. this was my spec http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rfbckrskro.1 when i hit 40 i was frustrated and everyone said go deception and i went to thishttp://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200McZGhrRohMrtz.1

i struggled in pvp with darkness yes i survived but i liked doing damage i now average around 5 medals a round but holy shyt this build im in now is super squishy. i liked being a tank seeing that i was the only one out of the group my friends that i play with.

ill admit that i think i suck at pvp (my valor is around 22 as of last night) and need help, this being only my 2nd mmo the first was SWG which pvp builds is night and day compared to this game any insight will be helpfull

Power, Surge, Crit?

Specifically I would get all of the Stalker's pvp pieces that you can obtain except for getting the Survivor's shield generator instead of the Stalkers focus.

In terms of stat priority:

Willpower> Endurance for primary stats.

You want enough accuracy to obtain at least 100% then:

Power > Surge > Crit.

hmm, do u guys think it would be worth dropping wither to get 2 more points into madness for claws of decay for the 31/0/10 spec?

If you are interested in simply blowing people up then you can modify the build or chose a better one to be more offensive. The build I have suggested is optimized for PvP solo que with the intention of maximizing valor and comms.

Valor and comm farming occurs from obtaining medals in warzones. The 31-0-10 build is IMO the best build an assassin can take for farming as many medals a game as possible.

Wither will let you hit up to 5 targets every 7.5s netting you MANY kills on the scoreboard and helping you get the 25 kills medal much easier than thrash spamming and using deathfield in addition to all the other goodness wither provides. The extra defensive capability of the 31-0-10 build will allow you to stay alive and wrack up the XXXX defence in a single life medals. Dieing as little as possible provides you more up time to farm the medals to maximize your valor and comm grind.

If you are team queing as the dps or you roll with a healer then more offensive skill choices are in order.

23-0-18 is for solo pvp with survivability. 31-0-10 is better for group pvp / warzones and can also work for pve tanking i imagine. Arguing over which is better is silly because it depends on your playstyle. Deception build is good if you have a premade with healer support. Edited by Doomviper

http://twitch.tv/hanibalhendrix/b/305134696

Video of my 23/ 0 / 18 build mixing it up in PVP , I have a prety epic battle mid way through with a Jedi. Starts at 2:30 ends at 4:06.

For my 23/0/8 build first 5 talents are standard 3 in CM 2 in LR , next 5 prety standard cept for the 5th I go 2 SS 2 LR then I drop back into first tier and put the 5th into TB as I find Lacerate to be our key aoe tanking ability and thrash to be our key single target damage /proc ability for both Shock and Crushing Darkness. The next 2 tiers get filled up and the last tier in Darkness I get all the one point abilites.

First 5 in madness is standard 3 ES 2 SD The second tier in Madness is probably the hardest for any assasin tank but it comes down to this....

I am a tank first and a DPS second. I was straight 31 0 10 but found PVP to be impossible I was working my but off and geting 40-50k damage it was really sad but with the chain shock proc and the addition of tourment you can get more thrashes off which hit harder with this build and proc shock more often that also hits harder and also procs's crushing darkness it is about synergy.

If you go into Parasitism there is no synergy with other talents except the proc of CD and then only when it crits which is alot of "maybe if theory crafting" Your shock which has increased threat abilites in this build thanks to one of the last talents you get in darkness would also suffer and so will your tanking that is definite. So I go 3 chainshock and 2 tourment for a good balance and synergy with other talents.

The next tier gets filled. The Last tier is controversial but not really. Most would go 2 in HD 1 in Raze for another instant CC and the CD proc, I go 1 in Raze 2 in Corrupted Flesh.

Again my philosophy is tank first DPS second. I find even in PVP one of the most annoying things is periodic damage an engineering droid attached to you, a sorc dot, a aoe fire on the ground. You name it it is applied to you, and without shroud up you cant cloak out clean so your gonna eat the damage although Force Shroud is the "we win button of SWTOR" It still has a 45 sec CD even when talented so during the "we win" timeout I like to mitigate as much damage as possible.

The 15% mitigation CF is huge not only for PVP but any dot dropped on you by anything in the game imagine a bosses dot's hitting for 15% less each tick that more then makes up for the loss of Wither's measely 5%base reduction because it's passive and with my dps increase bosses will drop alot faster.

That said I have never tried HD out and am willing to experiment but as the video and my personal experience clearly show most times 1 on 1 you will be unstopable if you choose your battles and have an escape plan....In fact if I saved a force shroud, force cloak, fore speed, darkness combo for escaping ganks and only enter fights when they are on CD I am prety much unkillable the enttire match although losing shroud in battle means less kills.

In this video I even forgot to use my Crushing Darkness proc near the end because I got in a Tank mitigation rhythm but you can see how unstopable a tank can be just using spike, jolt, Dark Ward , shroud, and sabercharge healing....dont fret if your dying at first fight the good fight go hybrid and do the daily's/weekley's for gear it's misserable for tanks at first in PVP but we still got hope in a Hybrid spec.

http://twitch.tv/hanibalhendrix/b/305134696

Video of my 23/ 0 / 18 build mixing it up in PVP , I have a prety epic battle mid way through with a Jedi. Starts at 2:30 ends at 4:06.

For my 23/0/8 build first 5 talents are standard 3 in CM 2 in LR , next 5 prety standard cept for the 5th I go 2 SS 2 LR then I drop back into first tier and put the 5th into TB as I find Lacerate to be our key aoe tanking ability and thrash to be our key single target damage /proc ability for both Shock and Crushing Darkness. The next 2 tiers get filled up and the last tier in Darkness I get all the one point abilites.

First 5 in madness is standard 3 ES 2 SD The second tier in Madness is probably the hardest for any assasin tank but it comes down to this....

I am a tank first and a DPS second. I was straight 31 0 10 but found PVP to be impossible I was working my but off and geting 40-50k damage it was really sad but with the chain shock proc and the addition of tourment you can get more thrashes off which hit harder with this build and proc shock more often that also hits harder and also procs's crushing darkness it is about synergy.

If you go into Parasitism there is no synergy with other talents except the proc of CD and then only when it crits which is alot of "maybe if theory crafting" Your shock which has increased threat abilites in this build thanks to one of the last talents you get in darkness would also suffer and so will your tanking that is definite. So I go 3 chainshock and 2 tourment for a good balance and synergy with other talents.

The next tier gets filled. The Last tier is controversial but not really. Most would go 2 in HD 1 in Raze for another instant CC and the CD proc, I go 1 in Raze 2 in Corrupted Flesh.

Again my philosophy is tank first DPS second. I find even in PVP one of the most annoying things is periodic damage an engineering droid attached to you, a sorc dot, a aoe fire on the ground. You name it it is applied to you, and without shroud up you cant cloak out clean so your gonna eat the damage although Force Shroud is the "we win button of SWTOR" It still has a 45 sec CD even when talented so during the "we win" timeout I like to mitigate as much damage as possible.

The 15% mitigation CF is huge not only for PVP but any dot dropped on you by anything in the game imagine a bosses dot's hitting for 15% less each tick that more then makes up for the loss of Wither's measely 5%base reduction because it's passive and with my dps increase bosses will drop alot faster.

That said I have never tried HD out and am willing to experiment but as the video and my personal experience clearly show most times 1 on 1 you will be unstopable if you choose your battles and have an escape plan....In fact if I saved a force shroud, force cloak, fore speed, darkness combo for escaping ganks and only enter fights when they are on CD I am prety much unkillable the enttire match although losing shroud in battle means less kills.

In this video I even forgot to use my Crushing Darkness proc near the end because I got in a Tank mitigation rhythm but you can see how unstopable a tank can be just using spike, jolt, Dark Ward , shroud, and sabercharge healing....dont fret if your dying at first fight the good fight go hybrid and do the daily's/weekley's for gear it's misserable for tanks at first in PVP but we still got hope in a Hybrid spec.

First of all if you are being serious with this entire post and not trolling this thread thanks for the effort you put into your post. I am glad you have found a play style that suits you. I have a question. Is your game play in this video how you normally play this setup?

I have several issues with the game play in the video:

1. keyboard turning and backpedaling obviously

2. clicking (again obvious)

3. using force lightning all the time when it does terrible damage (300 ticks? with the 31-0-10 setup you can see upwards of 2k per tick)

4. complete lack of support for your team

5. attempting to play more as a ranged caster than a melee

6. if you want to use force lightning so much I really suggest either a madness sorc, or a 31-0-10 build

7. you end the game with 3 badges. ok. Are you aware that valor (which increases your valor rank of which rank 60 is needed for T3 pvp gear) and comms (which are used to buy bags that have a chance at awarding gear) are awarded for medals earned during warzones? I'd suggest you learn what the medals are awarded for and start farming them if you are serious about pvp. Even if you lose a game you can earn more valor and comms than the other team by having many medals.

As for the post corrupted flesh have VERY little value in pvp. A - Wither applies damage reduction for your entire team in AoE where as corrupted flesh only applies to you and B - ONLY on dots which make up a tiny fraction of damage in PvP. I can't even believe you call the 5% damage reduction on wither measly, this comment alone makes me think you are trolling. Next up the damage issue. If you spent less time in stealth and trying to attack from range I'm sure your damage would go up with either setup. With 31-0-10 I regularly see myself and other sins in the 220k-300k range in full duration games. Again 40-50k damage average in games? Are you sure your not trolling?

First of all if you are being serious with this entire post and not trolling this thread thanks for the effort you put into your post. I am glad you have found a play style that suits you. I have a question. Is your game play in this video how you normally play this setup?

I have several issues with the game play in the video:

1. keyboard turning and backpedaling obviously

2. clicking (again obvious)

3. using force lightning all the time when it does terrible damage (300 ticks? with the 31-0-10 setup you can see upwards of 2k per tick)

4. complete lack of support for your team

5. attempting to play more as a ranged caster than a melee

6. if you want to use force lightning so much I really suggest either a madness sorc, or a 31-0-10 build

7. you end the game with 3 badges. ok. Are you aware that valor (which increases your valor rank of which rank 60 is needed for T3 pvp gear) and comms (which are used to buy bags that have a chance at awarding gear) are awarded for medals earned during warzones? I'd suggest you learn what the medals are awarded for and start farming them if you are serious about pvp. Even if you lose a game you can earn more valor and comms than the other team by having many medals.

As for the post corrupted flesh have VERY little value in pvp. A - Wither applies damage reduction for your entire team in AoE where as corrupted flesh only applies to you and B - ONLY on dots which make up a tiny fraction of damage in PvP. I can't even believe you call the 5% damage reduction on wither measly, this comment alone makes me think you are trolling. Next up the damage issue. If you spent less time in stealth and trying to attack from range I'm sure your damage would go up with either setup. With 31-0-10 I regularly see myself and other sins in the 220k-300k range in full duration games. Again 40-50k damage average in games? Are you sure your not trolling?

Normally I'd call a post like this out for being a jerk, but I have to agree with you whole heartedly on this one. He is using a 23/0/18 spec now and playing it completely wrong I assume just from watching him play in this video.

Stealth is still a very big part of that spec but he does spend entirely too much time trying to pick the perfect situation to attack, thus missing out on plenty of opportunities to help his team. Also, this spec is a VERY offensive minded darkness spec and 40-50k damage is absolutely, ridiculously low for ANY spec. I'm pretty sure he could get more if he just mindlessly spammed death field every cooldown. As a matter of fact, you were rarely ever using death field which is a big no no in this spec. Take chain lightning and lacerate off of your bar completely. Lacerate is far too force intensive for the tiny bit of dps you get out of it. Next, quit skirting the edges like you're a ranged player. YOU'RE NOT, pick your ins wisely, but get in the mix. The first person you attacked got away with 85% HP and you completely depleted your force bar. That's a HUGE waste and you literally did jack squat to them.

People reading this thread, this video is a perfect example of how NOT to play 23/0/18 and after watching it I'm positive that players that complain about this spec play exactly like this guy. DO NOT try to PvE tank with a 23/0/18 spec unless you're just doing random heroic quests. It is far too weak in the tanking department to mitigate any kind of serious PvE damage. PvP mitigation is near non existent so you're better off focusing on dps, guarding healers, and dropping mass mind traps. The 5% from wither is far more beneficial to your team than the CF passive to yourself. As the above poster said DoTs are a very minute aspect of PvP damage and only really serve to keep stealthers from recloaking.

One final note, if you're a tank first dps 2nd player you should stick with 31//0/10 spec because the 23/0/18 spec has minimal tanking talents and is primarily a dps 1st, tank 2nd spec.

Edited by Cowflab

Starting rotation? or rather main damage?

For 23/0/18 or 31/0/10? Either way its PvP and your attack rotation will be dynamic depending on situations and circumstances. Generally speaking though for a 23/0/18 it goes spike/maul>death field>discharge>thrash>thrash>shock>(if raze procs)crushing darkness>assassinate(if <30%). Of course you'll have different procs and or CC situations with either incapacitating your Target or you dealing with a CC yourself so you'll have to adjust according to the scenario that's unfolding.

Edited by Cowflab

For 23/0/18 or 31/0/10? Either way its PvP and your attack rotation will be dynamic depending on situations and circumstances. Generally speaking though for a 23/0/18 it goes spike/maul>death field>discharge>thrash>thrash>shock>(if raze procs)crushing darkness>assassinate(if <30%). Of course you'll have different procs and or CC situations with either incapacitating your Target or you dealing with a CC yourself so you'll have to adjust according to the scenario that's unfolding.

More curious about the 31 0 10 mate

realy nice built, i will try both to test, but let me ask something, how did you guys feel about the shock energy consume?? i dont know if it is because im a low lvl but it consume a lot og energy and the damage do not value the energy cost, maybe it become beather with tormente and blood of sith, anyway what did you guys think about induction at deception tree? ot will looks like more a trash/trash/shock span with infinite energy =].. but dont know if it wil lrealy work,,,

it should be something like this http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200dcrokRcZhGbMZf0cM.1

i already know that i doseng have any good talent like death field, wither or eye of the storm, but i could remove 1 pont from darkness and move to get death fild, but it will cost me 50 energy and will kill me when i say that the build is to save the enrgy =]...

im already prepared to to see more experienced players showing the bad and unviables points at this, it is just a teory and would like to ask the opnion from some one else...

hope i was wrong about the energy consume and do not find miself out of energy all the time at 31/0/10 or the 23 builds at high lvl..

one last question, any one know when the update to buff witer comes?? it is today? =]

thx and sorry for my bad english, i ma litle new and learning new lenguages.

Edited by andrelb

Do you first start in the Madness tree and grab those first 10 or are they the last 10 you grab?

thanks

I specced as 30/0/10 and the Madness skills were the last 10 I grabbed.

All the "essential" Darkness skills up to the top of the tree will have been selected by the time you reach lvl 40, leaving you with the remaining 10 points to put on Madness as you reach lvl 50.

Someone might have done it in a different way though. Maybe building on these 10 Madness points before completing the Darkness tree will offer you some more early DPS.

Edited by KaL_InvictuS

I have been running Deception in PvE as I usually roll with my 3 other friends and we have a pretty perfect group setup Tank, Healer and 2 DPS. But PvP is a pretty big part of replayability IMO and I just seem to not be able to do much with my build. I can win 1 on 1s pretty consistantly, but survivability is almost non existant in any other situation. I haven't played too much and I could probably make it work, but unlimited huttball makes running around in stealth (which is what I need to do to survive anything at all) rather pointless because you are slower and generally always trying to catch up to the action.

I guess my question is, is the 31-0-10 spec viable in PvE as a dps with dps gear? Not doing serious endgame raids or anything really, just random flashpoints and such. But I am level 47 and I haven't even bought 1 PvP bag because of how bad I seem to do in huttball, which makes me not want to PvP.