Are people burned out on STOR or MMOs?

Jornas

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how everyone wants the MMO that "does it differently" and yet games like SWG and EVE never break through because theyre too "different" :/

I didn't have the chance to play SWG, but I tried out EVE.

In my limited experience I felt 3 things.

1, I couldn't possibly hope to positively contribute to anything in any sort of meaningful way anytime soon. Realistically, I was looking at 3-6 months just to get the basic gameplay down. In fact, I ran the tutorial twice just to make sure I didn't miss anything and I still had that "lost" feeling. Which I could deal with, but wasn't a fan of.

2, I didn't feel like it was ever possible for me to "catch up to" players who had been playing the game for a long time.

3, (and this was the biggest one) the idea that I could lose practically everything was something that just doesn't interest me. Assuming I play for 6 months, get a half decent ship, I'm doing some routine mining and I get blown to ****? 6 months worth of work gone? Not for me.

That isn't what I'm looking for in an MMO.

No you wont, because it would take effort to follow one poster to forum after forum to troll that person and that is the textbook definition of cyber stalking which is far sadder then posting on the forums of a game that you paid to play to express your dislike of XYZ feature.

lol i didn't mean it literally.

but touche.

regardless. yes i will be on all three forums well officially there's only 2 forums currently so its not that hard to scan the general forums and then move off to the next bookmark.

trust me with the god like admiration and total benevolence the Unreleased GW2 has received it'll be worth every minute.

THIS x a million!!!

All the rants about the "good ole days" are hogwash - trust me, I was there at the beginning of online play with Dark Sun Online - Crimson Sands (google it) while most of you were still in diapers... so listen for a minute - like you would to an old wise hermit in the back of a cave...

I remember when Vanguard was being developed and the developers bought in to the "harder is better" mentality - and we see what the end result was, and how well it did...

The solution is NOT revisiting "the good ole days"

The solution IS "staying ahead of the puck"

New concepts, new breakthroughs, new ideas, taking risks with developing new gameplay, developing outside the box.... combined with a core of MMO gameplay that is already proven needed and successful.

And then pandering 33.3% to each member of the holy trinity...

No I'm not talking about the Tank, Heals, and DPS but Casuals, Raiders, and PVP'ers

I think an ideal game would be one that could finally appease to each playstyle without adversely affecting the other two (ie... nerfing a class based on PVP which then adversely affects it's PVE play).

If I were leading a team of developers on a new game I would split the development up in those three areas and have them develop classes and gameplay completely separate from the other two.

And then allow the players to develop their characters allowing them to choose paths in each category - therefore allowing them to PVP, Raid and Solo to their hearts content with each category leading to fantastic and unique objectives andend-game goals.

As for me, I play for entertainment... there has rarely been a game that I have played were I did not get my moneys worth... when I stop having fun - I stop playing. It's a simple formula really...

But please, enjoy your memories of "the good ole days" but don't wish it on new games... because that magic belongs in stories and legend...

ahh Shayne.. I think you are a little hard on the "good ole days" people.. I'm one of them and there are many features I like in the older games that no longer exist.. Such as NO LIMIT raiding.. IMO today's MMO have too much of an E-sport FPS mentality.. That is not what I signed up for.. If I wanted that I'd go play CoD , Planetside or others similar games.. PvE means Player versus Enviroment...... But lets be honest.. Today's game if more PvP but instead actually FIGHTING each other hand to hand, you use raids as the measuring tool of I (we) are better then YOU......

Ami I not correct? I believe I am..

After the disaster that was Aion I took a break from video games for a few months and from MMOs for over a year. I followed SWTOR casually, watching trailers or demos at expos occasionally, but didn't immerse myself in the hype like I did for WoW, WAR, or Aion. Two weeks ago, after much nagging and nudging from friends, I caved and subbed. I purposely avoided launch, because my experience from other launches told me nothing, except maybe divine intervention, would have this game ready for launch. There would be bugs, imbalances, a lack of endgame content, and all the other things that happen, and will continue to happen, when an MMO launches. Insert quote about the nature of insanity.

Now that I'm back after a refreshing break from the entire genre I have to say SWTOR has blown me away. That the story actually engages the player in a meaningful way like Bioware's other games alone makes this game a work of art. But, like a work of art, it needs to be appreciated thoughtfully, slowly, and objectively.

People are trying to recapture past experiences and that just isn't going to happen.

Hey OP.

The thing is this... when you design a game where a player can get to level 50 in 2 weeks, said players can get burned out rather quickly. When developers cannot make enough content to placate these new 50's, burn out sets in. In essence, its not the MMO, but rather the development design.

Games like Everquest took most players 6 months to a year on average to level to 50 with an average play time of 2-4 hours a day. You never saw complaints about "casual" gameplay or anyone "not having enough time to play." You can blame Generation Y for the MMO burn out you see today.

Some day devs will build a real MMO and not cater to the self-entitled, "I want it now," generation of spoiled brats that plague the MMO market today. Then maybe we'll get back to real gaming how it was meant to be... challenging and fun, and not a boring cake-walk.

Hey OP.

The thing is this... when you design a game where a player can get to level 50 in 2 weeks, said players can get burned out rather quickly. When developers cannot make enough content to placate these new 50's, burn out sets in. In essence, its not the MMO, but rather the development design.

Games like Everquest took most players 6 months to a year on average to level to 50 with an average play time of 2-4 hours a day. You never saw complaints about "casual" gameplay or anyone "not having enough time to play." You can blame Generation Y for the MMO burn out you see today.

Some day devs will build a real MMO and not cater to the self-entitled, "I want it now," generation of spoiled brats that plague the MMO market today. Then maybe we'll get back to real gaming how it was meant to be... challenging and fun, and not a boring cake-walk.

oh i want to join in on your rediculious comparisons!!

what about Ultima Online which you literally had to play that game for YEARS just to become a grandmaster in anything. and i mean ANYTHING

back then even a rabbit could kill you if you didn't have enough skill. so you spent about the first few months banging on practice dummies!

Did i get it right?! huh, huh did i?!

I stand corrected, doesnt seem like 7+ years, but you are right in what you are saying. Games already exist that fill the niche market for hardcore raiders, and if Swtor only had a subscription base of 20k - 30k the game would be deemed a failure.

I cant blame gaming companies for wanting to attract millions of subscribers, they are after all in the business of making money. And Blizzard has shown potentially exactly how much money can be made from casual/solo players. Unfortunately though BW wants to try and please everybody and in doing so has actually pleased very few.

Please don't confuse subscription base with number of players online at any given time.

You could log in to EVE Online at any give time of day and see an average of 25k people online. So I'd say they have somewhere around half a million subs. For a game going on 9 years old, that's pretty damn good... especially considering they have always prided themselves on being a small game company filling a specific game niche.

if more companies would do this as opposed to trying to create the next WoW, then maybe we'd have a slew of different games that are actually worth playing. But no, as I stated earlier, ever company these days dreams of million of subs and yet, don't do what it takes to get there.

Problem being many doomsayers carry momentum and thrive to create a mystique of an apparent collapse of a MMO.

Figuratively the momentum can refer to the tendency of a person or group to repeat recent success: “This game is epic fail, has no epeem and is reported to be failing.”

Said enough times it gains momentum, momentum becomes a whisper, to rummour and eventually I believable state.

Once this starts in any routine business a PR team counter-attacks these claims and spins out positive energy about their business. There isnt at times enough positive PR reaction from MMo's devs who at times can neglect public opinion thinking its a minority. (Probably resulting in their collapse).

As for topic, I feel im burned out of MMos and need a rest, at least till May ;)

Edited by SNEAKYSIX

lol i didn't mean it literally.

but touche.

regardless. yes i will be on all three forums well officially there's only 2 forums currently so its not that hard to scan the general forums and then move off to the next bookmark.

trust me with the god like admiration and total benevolence the Unreleased GW2 has received it'll be worth every minute.

When I beta tested this game I said it was a 6-7/10 I got flamed like crazy for that comment because this game was supposed to be the messiah of the MMO genre. Its not a terrible game, but its easy to get bored of. People who claim GW2 to be the messiah of the MMO genre will have the same issue. Games not a bad game but it just isn't the game for me, and I will pay for 1 month of 1.2 an re-evaluate after that most likely I wont get any further enjoyment and I will be gone, I wont make an I'm quitting post I'll simply not play or generate traffic for this site anymore.

This is just my observation and opinion - and I'm not trying to attack players who are not having fun in the game. I also recognize there are some much needed patches and improvements in certain areas.

However, I do think part of the problem is people are blaming SWTOR when in reality they're done with MMOs. In my extended circle of guildmates and gaming friends, the people who are the most upset with SWTOR are the ones who play every new MMO at launch, or who spent several years as hardcore raiders in WOW. The ones who are having a lot of fun either took a long break from MMOs or played them casually enough to not get burned out.

There's nothing wrong with being burned out on a genre - I won't touch a modern or WW II shooter because I'm just done with that type of game. I am enjoying SWTOR a lot because I took a year break from playing MMOs after the first few months of Cataclysm.

Anyone else feel the same way?

I would agree with all of this...

... provided an understanding that the MMOs of today are considerably different than they were years ago. MMOs have changed. I for one don't like the direction they're headed.

Dying MMO, I played FFXI for 8 years, and people were posting in forums that FFXI was dying back in 2004...yet here it still is in 2012. As for GW2 being revolutionary, GW1 was supposed to be the same. Free to play, instanced dungeons with friends, huge focus on PVP with good story! The game was successful and decent, but we played for about a month and never bothered with it again. GW2 will end up in the same boat I'm sure.

If SW can even retain about 500,000 subscribers, the game will be a success. At 14,99$/month with that many subscribers, you're bring in 7.4mil/month. That's not even counting box sales and the initial months with maybe 1,000,000 players. I still stand by with, if you like it, play it, if not, find something else.

I didn't have the chance to play SWG, but I tried out EVE.

In my limited experience I felt 3 things.

1, I couldn't possibly hope to positively contribute to anything in any sort of meaningful way anytime soon. Realistically, I was looking at 3-6 months just to get the basic gameplay down. In fact, I ran the tutorial twice just to make sure I didn't miss anything and I still had that "lost" feeling. Which I could deal with, but wasn't a fan of.

2, I didn't feel like it was ever possible for me to "catch up to" players who had been playing the game for a long time.

3, (and this was the biggest one) the idea that I could lose practically everything was something that just doesn't interest me. Assuming I play for 6 months, get a half decent ship, I'm doing some routine mining and I get blown to ****? 6 months worth of work gone? Not for me.

That isn't what I'm looking for in an MMO.

1. What is so bad about having to learn a game? To me, this makes things much more interesting as opposed to being hand held through the entire thing.

2. That's not the case, not at all. The game itself isn't about catching up. It's fully dynamic - albeit can be boring at times and I'm really not a fan of deep space 9 type stuff, even swtor was pushing it - and ever changing. It's literally a big sand box that the players create and continue to mold. And there is generally always room for new players, and get this... there is, in general, a friendly community and corporations that exist solely to help new players.

3. Never fly a ship you can't afford to lose. I think they even teach that in the tutorial. As you progress, you will be able to properly handle better ships. And, in general, if you fly a ship you are actually skilled to pilot then you should have almost 0 chance of losing it in PvE, and you're generally safe in high sec space when it comes to pvp. not to mention, some of the most popular pvp ships are frigates, which are cheap and easy to replace.

Granted, EVE online isn't for everyone - even I only play for a few months at a time because I'm really not a huge fan of playing in outer space all the time - and even CCP will tell you that if you ask them.

Edited by MCAMCJ

As for GW2 being revolutionary, GW1 was supposed to be the same. Free to play, instanced dungeons with friends, huge focus on PVP with good story! The game was successful and decent, but we played for about a month and never bothered with it again. GW2 will end up in the same boat I'm sure..

Opinions are just that,,,,, I played GW1 from then till now.. Always go back to it for some MMo healing. Everyone has their own benchmark

Im burned out on wow clones - not MMO's.

This game does NOTHING new aside from covering standard boring quests in voiceover. Thats done at 50. At 50 you're just playing wow with less smooth combat, less balance, dumb systems, no content.

At least we got some hope in gw2 - they're doing alot of things differently.

you do realize this is still a new game, right? Do you expect there to be a ton of content right at the start for you to delve into? It takes time.

As for my reponse to the OP. I just started playing this game and I love it so far. Gives me a break from the other games I play. Something new. But I've noticed lately that I'm just bored in general with any game I try to play. Its not the games fault, just that I need a break or something new. :)

Im burned out on wow clones - not MMO's.

This game does NOTHING new aside from covering standard boring quests in voiceover. Thats done at 50. At 50 you're just playing wow with less smooth combat, less balance, dumb systems, no content.

At least we got some hope in gw2 - they're doing alot of things differently.

Your logic is flawed, SWTOR is not a WoW clone as it clearly is very different in many aspects. IF it was a WoW clone it would be exactly the same.........

People that state SWTOR is a WoW clone clearly have no idea what they are talking about and throw the phrase out there just to fill out thier post. For those people that WERE there at WoW launch, you will clearly remember a sparse, buggy and barely playble grindfest..........

This person I quoted obviously falls into this zone, no idea.

Your logic is flawed, SWTOR is not a WoW clone as it clearly is very different in many aspects. IF it was a WoW clone it would be exactly the same.........

People that state SWTOR is a WoW clone clearly have no idea what they are talking about and throw the phrase out there just to fill out thier post. For those people that WERE there at WoW launch, you will clearly remember a sparse, buggy and barely playble grindfest..........

This person I quoted obviously falls into this zone, no idea.

oh oh oh.. lets not get all defensive now.. I think when people say WoW clone they refer to the dev mechanic of a theme park quest ride.. You go from one quest hub to another clicking on an NPC that tells you what he needs done (kill 10X mobs).. This ride is non stop til the end when it turns into a tier gear grind of instances.... That to me is a WoW clone..

If I was emperor for a day I would mix the best parts of EvE, Warhammer, Global Agenda, Aion, Call of Duty, X-Wing vs Tie Fighter, and Rift to make a really new, multi-layered experience.

Game within a game is the way to go. Being able to participate quickly, meaningfully, and with as much or as little sophistication as one can stand is the way to build an encompassing community.

I'd like to hyperspace in to a system and seek to conquer it, or to help defend it. The strategic parts of the planet could be laid out in a hex grid, with at least two or possibly more factions attempting to gain control of the planet through those strategic points.

Pan that out and you have a sector, same thing on the sector. Control the strategic planets in a sector and and you control the sector.

Pan out again and you have the galaxy. Control enough sectors you control the galaxy.

Zoom back in to one of the planets and the area surrounding it. Some fights would have both a PvE and a PvP pespective. Some fights would be strictly PvE, some strictly PvP, and the player could choose which of the three types of fights he wanted to participate in. But control of a planet would require dominance in at least two.

The real fight is the mixed fight, with NPC's gaining or losing strength based on what goes on in the strictly PvP or strictly PvE categories. These battles would take place in space and on the ground. With the winner gaining a hex of territory, that would be "theirs" for a set amount of time, then become vulnerable to attack itself.

You would have space battles with capital ships, requiring multiple players to operate optimally, and fighters. The outcome of these battles would control what supplies go to the NPC's on the ground, raising or lowering their strength for attack or defense.

Same thing on the ground. Battles over supply routes could control the relative NPC strength on the ground.

You would also have PvE battles up there for PvE players that are also fought for number of supplies getting through to the attacker or defender, raising or lowering their strength.

All of these battles would be fought to gain advantage and territory on the ground war, which is the big mixed battle. The winner of the mixed battle will ultimately win the planet. The war would then move on.

You could play every day as either a pure PvE experience,a pure PvP experience, or a mixed experience. You would have instant action as a pilot, a co-op player on a capital ship, or a ground-pounder.

That's my two cents after nearly 20 years of playing these games anyway.

I actualy like the design, would be a costly project but worth more than the design of TOR.

Would be very hard to pull off would need decent programming team and many years.

Still perhaps you should flesh out the design and write a design document and stuff who knows mabye a publisher would be interested.

Having options for everyone would be the ultimate mmo and as you said in order to do that you need a selection of games within a huge game.

this may or may not be on topic.

but when GW2 is totally average. i'm going to enjoy reading the forums here, on the WOW forums and maybe if NCsoft throws a bit more money in between paying Richard Garrot out his 28 million dollars he won in a lawsuit on their website.

i'll be on those official forums as well. trolling away with this big grin on my face saying i told you so in every post.

I don't believe they will have forums like this, so trolling and saying, "I told you so" may be more difficult. Although, I am with you when it comes to the concept that most folks are buying in to for GW2. I believe its going to disappoint a lot of people, kinda like SW did/does!

1. What is so bad about having to learn a game? To me, this makes things much more interesting as opposed to being hand held through the entire thing.

I don't really want or need to be handheld. Like I said, I could deal with feeling lost. My point was, its going to take me x amount of months (anywhere from 3 on, I was guessing 6 with my level of play) before I can actually learn how to play, and then even longer before I can contribute to a group in some meaningful way. So for the beginning x amount of months, I'm flying solo. That's not really an MMO for me.

2. That's not the case, not at all. The game itself isn't about catching up. It's fully dynamic - albeit can be boring at times and I'm really not a fan of deep space 9 type stuff, even swtor was pushing it - and ever changing. It's literally a big sand box that the players create and continue to mold. And there is generally always room for new players, and get this... there is, in general, a friendly community and corporations that exist solely to help new players.

You are giving me an answer to a question I didn't ask. Its more or less a fact that I will never be on equal or near equal footing with someone who has been playing the game for years, especially given the dynamic real time nature of the game.

I am well aware of the new corps. EVE university was filled with questions from players who didn't read/listen/retain anything from the tutorial, which kind of bothered me. The Tutorial covers maybe 1 percent of what is in that game, and the legitimate questions that people had like - "Should I bother with PI's until I have Advanced Command Centers?" were drowned out by "How do I dock my ship?"

I'm glad the community attempted to be helpful, but the game requires serious time investment just to see if you are interested in it.

3. Never fly a ship you can't afford to lose. I think they even teach that in the tutorial. As you progress, you will be able to properly handle better ships. And, in general, if you fly a ship you are actually skilled to pilot then you should have almost 0 chance of losing it in PvE, and you're generally safe in high sec space when it comes to pvp. not to mention, some of the most popular pvp ships are frigates, which are cheap and easy to replace.

That doesn't really change what I said. "I don't want 6 months worth of work to be gone" and then the answer being "Well don't fly the ship" doesn't change the fact that the ship will still be gone.

Granted, EVE online isn't for everyone - even I only play for a few months at a time because I'm really not a huge fan of playing in outer space all the time - and even CCP will tell you that if you ask them.

I might have stuck with it if it was F2P, but I'm not going to pay monthly for a product I'm not sure I like and won't know for sure till many months down the line. There is only so much you can get done in the first 14 days.

I don't really want or need to be handheld. Like I said, I could deal with feeling lost. My point was, its going to take me x amount of months (anywhere from 3 on, I was guessing 6 with my level of play) before I can actually learn how to play, and then even longer before I can contribute to a group in some meaningful way. So for the beginning x amount of months, I'm flying solo. That's not really an MMO for me.

You are giving me an answer to a question I didn't ask. Its more or less a fact that I will never be on equal or near equal footing with someone who has been playing the game for years, especially given the dynamic real time nature of the game.

I am well aware of the new corps. EVE university was filled with questions from players who didn't read/listen/retain anything from the tutorial, which kind of bothered me. The Tutorial covers maybe 1 percent of what is in that game, and the legitimate questions that people had like - "Should I bother with PI's until I have Advanced Command Centers?" were drowned out by "How do I dock my ship?"

I'm glad the community attempted to be helpful, but the game requires serious time investment just to see if you are interested in it.

That doesn't really change what I said. "I don't want 6 months worth of work to be gone" and then the answer being "Well don't fly the ship" doesn't change the fact that the ship will still be gone.

I might have stuck with it if it was F2P, but I'm not going to pay monthly for a product I'm not sure I like and won't know for sure till many months down the line. There is only so much you can get done in the first 14 days.

You start out by saying you don't want to be hand held, but then the rest of your post contradicts that. Sorry but it really sounds like EVE isn't for you. No problem with that.

"they're doing a lot of things differently" IS becoming a tired phrase applied to each emerging MMO as a form of hope by the hopeless IMO. Then people get there, play, race through content without exploring at all, and start ranting about it being the samo samo.

OP, here is the very problem, IMO. Some people ARE burned out on MMOs. After more then a dozen years that sort of makes sense, particularly for the hardcore (ie: heavy raiding, heavy PvP, heavy min/max) players. They are unwilling to explore and more importantly invest themselves in a new MMO property because they say they want a new type of MMO, but they are still wearing MMO blinders.

They expect a new MMO to bail them out of their self-induced rut. No MMO is going to bail you out. Ruts are caused by mindlessly doing the same things over and over again. It's actually a form of game induced insanity in some ways, and while there are players that avoid this and enjoy MMOs for what they offer, many do not.

You have to actually change your goals, objectives, methods and approach to new MMOs if you want them to help you help yourself. This is something people are lazy about doing themselves, so they expect a new MMO to come out and spoon feed them to change. Not going to happen. SWTOR is a great paradigm breaking game platform and as you can see, people are intractably in their ruts and won't respond. They would rather just bash and knash the actually take their time and explore the many things the game has to offer. They say they want change, but really they don't. They want a new instant gratifying candy bar, but it must be a candy bar (even though they say they are tired of candy bars and want something different).

There is another phenomena that emerged as well. FPS and single player MMO games on game consoles. These created a whole new generation of instant gratification, feed by the spoon players. These players do not accomadate well to the intricate opportunities of a large MMO. These games have also sucked in a lot of the bored MMO player base (evidenced by the very numerous posts in many forums along the lines of "playing this until something else comes along"). You can see this a lot in the forum here right now by comments that very clearly show a dissatisfied player who clearly "beat the game" and now has nothing to do. They treated an MMO like a single player console game, and then complained that it's not an MMO. It's so ironic really.

Anyway, nobody can make anyone love (or hate) a game (though many people on MMO forums try really hard sometimes. People must do this for themselves. Nobody can make anybody change. So other then exploring the pheonema (like you are doing with this thead) to better understand what is taking place, nothing can be done other then enjoy a game for yourself, for what you make out of it. Until people step back and change their perspective and approach on their own, nothing will change for them. Some, frankly, should just walk away and never come back to MMOs as there is nothing there for them in their current mindset. The world community of MMOs would be better off if they did, and they would be better off as well.

I'm quoting this whole thing just because it's so spot on. I’m not burned out on MMO’s, I’m simply burned out of the hardcore hamster wheel play style that I was imprisoned in for over 2 years. Maybe it’s a product of age, but I took a step back from MMO’s, re-evaluated why I was playing one, and made changes based on what needed to change. Gone are the days that I feel obligated to burn through the content just so that I can be at the top of the heap. Now, I simply log in when I have some spare time or if I feel like playing and let me tell you, the experience is so much more rewarding inside AND outside of the game. Not only that, I actually have time to play other games that I never had a chance to play because I was obsessed with spending every free minute farming gold, farming loot, farming rep…see a pattern here?

To those that are burnt out, step back, take a break for a while, and maybe re-evaluate HOW you play an MMO and come back with a new perspective. I promise you that you will not run out of things to do and you will appreciate your time in game more.

I don't believe they will have forums like this, so trolling and saying, "I told you so" may be more difficult. Although, I am with you when it comes to the concept that most folks are buying in to for GW2. I believe its going to disappoint a lot of people, kinda like SW did/does!

I'm sure some will, and some won't.. To me it all comes down to what they say they are doing, what they can..... The idea of "soft" grouping and having encounters scale to size of player group is awesome.. The concept of open world BOSSES, that scale to size of social soft grouping is perfect.. The concept that NO LOOT DROP from Bosses will make you more powerful then another.... It will ONLY be cosmetic.. I love the idea that my level can be temporary reduced in a lower level so that I can play with lower level friends, or just to help with more BOSS encounters..

I'm sorry, but what Arenet is promoting sounds to be more social and fun then anything in years.. probably since vanilla WoW and old EQ.. But we'll see

This is just my observation and opinion - and I'm not trying to attack players who are not having fun in the game. I also recognize there are some much needed patches and improvements in certain areas.

However, I do think part of the problem is people are blaming SWTOR when in reality they're done with MMOs. In my extended circle of guildmates and gaming friends, the people who are the most upset with SWTOR are the ones who play every new MMO at launch, or who spent several years as hardcore raiders in WOW. The ones who are having a lot of fun either took a long break from MMOs or played them casually enough to not get burned out.

There's nothing wrong with being burned out on a genre - I won't touch a modern or WW II shooter because I'm just done with that type of game. I am enjoying SWTOR a lot because I took a year break from playing MMOs after the first few months of Cataclysm.

Anyone else feel the same way?

No. Im bured out on MMOs but whats killing it for me is the extra lagg on using abilities. Simply this game engine is making combat feel horrible. If it was smooth like most other MMOs out there I could have played the game. Kinda same problem with Warhammer Online.