take the ******** off the front page

Puppets

LOL read the question... The person asked "@Rockjaw If someone walks into GAME and buys SWTOR on 15th, won't they be really annoyed to find out they can't play till 20th?"

and his response was.. "@snatat123 You'll still get Early Game Access; at least a day."

So he is talking about people who are still pre-ordering right now.. not people who pre-ordered before EGA started x.x...

No, I asked about my preorder, 12/11/11 and he said at least a day. So, no.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

People still don't know that they wont get 5 days EA... everyone is just overreacting. I bet you're all going to feel silly when you end up getting 5 days.

WHAT WILL YOU SAY THEN!?!?! HMMM?

Thanks for the no information and the situations you could've prevented by providing us with DECENT INFORMATION.

Great PR. Seriously.

^^ that.

Lol go check stephen rieds twitter. mutiple players asked how long they would get if they preordered in december. His reply " Atleast a Day" thats very reassuring when the main selling point is Early access

Early access is hardly the main selling point for this game.

0/10

K i know you are all pissed, so am I. However cancelling pre orders is not enough, and not something everyone would do. I believe the proper response in case ea fails to give everyone access tomorrow is to contact government organizations that protects consumer rights.

UP TO 5 days is vague and misleading. Personally i Assumed it means I'll get access during days 15-19. Didn't realize it'll depend on ea not me.

If people who were screwed around the world report this case ea will have a lot to deal with.

People still don't know that they wont get 5 days EA... everyone is just overreacting. I bet you're all going to feel silly when you end up getting 5 days.

WHAT WILL YOU SAY THEN!?!?! HMMM?

We don't know because BW won't tell us. That is what is bothering us.

I guess you missed stressed test when they staggered it over 2 days and it went pretty well...

Who says the game has to be staggered over 7 days to be smooth? Who said it was being staggered over 7 days? Are you reading those graphs that have inaccurate numbers?

I was in the beta for 2 months on this account and 3 months on another account.

It didn't go "well", it was IMPOSSIBLE to do anything in the starting area unless you grouped up to go for a high level mob-hunt with others. 3 hours later you could begin your Saga starting with the first quest in the game.

Answer to your questions:

BioWare did,

BioWare did,

no. :)

Early access is hardly the main selling point for this game.

0/10

Tell me WHY is it the only thing the mention with preordering at the front page? Could've added COLOR STONE or something like that, but no, they keep flaunting their early access. So, I guess the assumption to be made here is that it ISNT the selling point for the game itself, but it IS for preorders.

Case closed.

Count down from 10........................................

Calm now? Okay, the OP is not right. There may be up to 5 days. We really have no idea. For all we know Bioware is planning to knockout Aug-Sep folks 2morrow, then on Thursday finish it off. We simply do not know. Just because the first wave seemed small doesn't mean every other wave will.

No one knows anything because they all went home early and are presently tucked up in bed enjoying sleepy time whilst all the servers have no one in them.

K i know you are all pissed, so am I. However cancelling pre orders is not enough, and not something everyone would do. I believe the proper response in case ea fails to give everyone access tomorrow is to contact government organizations that protects consumer rights.

UP TO 5 days is vague and misleading. Personally i Assumed it means I'll get access during days 15-19. Didn't realize it'll depend on ea not me.

If people who were screwed around the world report this case ea will have a lot to deal with.

Hope you are joking but even if you aren't it made me lol

Lack of reading comprehension has nothing to do with "consumer rights". I would complain to your local legislature for an increase in the public education budget.

I think when people pre-ordered their eyes told them "5 days early" not "up to 5 days early." And then when the early access period got pushed back by two days, they made a leap of logic that "5 days early" now meant "7 days early."

Unfortunately, in the real world, "up to 5 days" still means "up to 5 days."

The reason you don't know when you're getting in is because they do not know. They have said as much.

Remember there was supposed to be 4 waves yesterday? There was a bonus wave, that was a case of Bioware saying "Things are going well, let more in..." and if things are going great 2morrow whose to say the only ones who are not playing are november-december people and they get in Thursday? Whose to say that isn't the case?

So it's their fault you overreacted?

It''s the lack of communication bothering me, not WHEN I get access. At least in a regular line you can make out an estimate of how long it will take. This is more like a line of cows with blindfolds waiting on the day they get butchered.

OK, now I've seen it all.

My bet is, that the same government organizations will look at you, think for a moment, giggle, think again, then more giggle and afinally an explanation why bioware/EA were in total legal right to phrase it the way they did.

EA/BW has released a couple of games before, and I'm willing to bet that EA has a pretty decent legal department just for these things. Trust me, they have their bases covered. You may not lime it, but that capitalism for you.

Sucks, I know.

Hope you are joking but even if you aren't it made me lol

Lack of reading comprehension has nothing to do with "consumer rights". I would complain to your local legislature for an increase in the public education budget.

Speaking of comprehension skills, you don't seem to have understood a word that has been said in this thread.

No, my main selling point to pre-ordering was to have the game on launch day. Just like it is with any other game.

Well that depends where u get you're copy if u did threw origin DD version then they wont sell out cause u just download it i know i didnt pre order for a color changing crystal i did to play early :eek:

I was in the beta for 2 months on this account and 3 months on another account.

It didn't go "well", it was IMPOSSIBLE to do anything in the starting area unless you grouped up to go for a high level mob-hunt with others. 3 hours later you could begin your Saga starting with the first quest in the game.

Answer to your questions:

BioWare did,

BioWare did,

no. :)

I had no problems with the stress test...

Bioware never said it would take 7 days for a smooth launch. Where are you getting your info from?