take the ******** off the front page

Puppets

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What mess? That it's a first come first served line like they promised? I knew what I signed up for, that was the deal I chose to made, only a person with no ethics would expect Bioware to break that deal at the last minute.

The only mess I see are illiterate and/or lazy people that didn't read the Early Access FAQ.

How is the taste of feet?

Do you know what "up to 5" means?

Hello smart-han,

"Up to" 5 days means that there's a possibility of you accessing the game 5 days before the game launches. This is a lie, for if you pre-order the game now you will at most get 2 days of Early Access.

The taste of delicious developer-feet can be deceiving, my friend.

The developers cannot "theoretically" give you 5 days of Early Access or advertise it, if you'll lucky to get 3 at most.

:supson:

More gossip and fear,

The second thing to realize is scale. We invited more people to play Star Wars: The Old Republic today than many other MMO launches manage in their entire head-start process. As I mentioned earlier today, when we opened pre-orders we had a huge spike in numbers - far more than most MMOs capture at launch. That was the initial rush. After that, our pre-orders settled down.

What this means is that tomorrow, you'll effectively start to see the pre-order timeline expand. You'll see people who have pre-ordered later than July getting invites. The day after that, more people will be invited. We're actually planning to invite more tomorrow than today, and invite the same number again on Thursday - at which point we'll be into the original 'five days of Early Game Access'.

learn to read.

This.

The only reason Stephen says 1 day is because anything could happen, and they want to account for that. The impatient fans need to realize if the servers asplode and delay everything for a day and Bioware PROMISES 5 days now they will really have a problem on their hands.

Instead they have been very very vague and that's for a reason and they said as much before this even started. It was a dev post before the forums went down where one was saying that the reason they can't tell people when exactly they'll get in is because they don't know.

Even in that post you quoted up above, SR says "Everyone after July..." with no cut off month. They are choosing their words carefully and I bet anyone getting just one day is a worst case scenario for them.

In no sense is that true. Up to 5 means between 0 and 5.

Except there is no way someone who pre-orders the game right now this second or anytime afterwards is going to have a hope of seeing 5 days. That's the whole point. The "up to 5" part is now a lie.

Do you know what "up to 5" means?

yes but you dont. Your not allowed to sell a lottery ticket if there is no way you can win the prize. the prize in this case is 5 days and there saying you have a chance to get 5 days.

If you dont have a chance its rigged and wrong.

More gossip and fear,

The second thing to realize is scale. We invited more people to play Star Wars: The Old Republic today than many other MMO launches manage in their entire head-start process. As I mentioned earlier today, when we opened pre-orders we had a huge spike in numbers - far more than most MMOs capture at launch. That was the initial rush. After that, our pre-orders settled down.

What this means is that tomorrow, you'll effectively start to see the pre-order timeline expand. You'll see people who have pre-ordered later than July getting invites. The day after that, more people will be invited. We're actually planning to invite more tomorrow than today, and invite the same number again on Thursday - at which point we'll be into the original 'five days of Early Game Access'.

learn to read.

30.000 invites per wave doesn't add up with the millions of pre-orders who've been promised Early Access.

BioWare will be forced to invite as many players as they possibly can on the last days of Early Access.

Edited by Sarah_Kerrigan

Except there is no way someone who pre-orders the game right now this second or anytime afterwards is going to have a hope of seeing 5 days. That's the whole point. The "up to 5" part is now a lie.

Yeah pretty much man, they should at least shorten it to be like up to 3 days etc.

I suppose it's what you call being a realist, who knows though we will have to wait and see how many are invited today to be sure.

yes but you dont. Your not allowed to sell a lottery ticket if there is no way you can win the prize. the prize in this case is 5 days and there saying you have a chance to get 5 days.

If you dont have a chance its rigged and wrong.

It's not wrong lol. Not if Bioware plans to have everyone in on Thursday.

We simply do not know how big todays invites will be or the day after. Everyone is just assuming that they are staggering over 7 days.

Well if the beta was any indication they staggered over 2 days and did just fine. It's quite possible the plan is to stagger it over 3 days. But by being as vague as they have been they cover their selves if something goes wrong.

30.000 invites per day doesn't add up with the millions of pre-orders who've been promised Early Access.

BioWare will be forced to invite as many players as they possibly can on the last days of Early Access.

Oh, we have another number, and it's getting smaller and smaller.

Now it's only 30k invites, earlier today we were at 100k.

At this rate, they have to un-invite players by tomorrow.

Too bad, I was enjoying the game. :(

We simply do not know how big todays invites will be or the day after. Everyone is just assuming that they are staggering over 7 days.

Well if the beta was any indication they staggered over 2 days and did just fine. It's quite possible the plan is to stagger it over 3 days. But by being as vague as they have been they cover their selves if something goes wrong.

If everyone was to get 5 days of Early Access they would have to invite 1,100,000 people today and another 1,100,000 tomorrow.

I start my new job on Thursday damn you! :( lol

Never heard of a marketing strategy?

They could actually write 'Preorder now, play up to 7 days' since someone actually got to play up to 7 days. It's just probably written in so many places that they didn't want to give conflicting info in case they missed one, so they didn't change it.

I think it's a great way to get more people to buy the game, after all this is an mmo and we'll be playing it for years what happens in the first week is insignificant as long as you buy it and it's smooth when you start playing it.

If everyone was to get 5 days of Early Access they would have to invite 1,100,000 people today and another 1,100,000 tomorrow.

You are throwing out numbers that you don't have.

We don't know how many people were invited yesterday, and we do know todays waves will be larger...but we still don't know how much yesterdays were. We know the server status but how much does one server hold?

All of this is just wild speculation. Pessimistic people are saying they'll get one day and optimistic people are saying they'll get more. The truth is we really have little idea as to how they are doing it, but they are not doing it evenly if they say they are going to let in more each day...

Give me a number, please.

This is per wave, smart-han. :rolleyes:

Hmm..in the post I quoted first, you said 30k per day...now it's per wave.

I'd gladly give you a number. Problem is...I don't have one, and if you want to be taken seriously, you will admit, that you don't either. THAT is the whole problem. We DON'T KNOW how many invites are there per day and how they distribute the numbers.

So, unless you have rock-hard FACTS, I suggest you stop spurting out some numbers which we have no basis on.

Never heard of a marketing strategy?

They could actually write 'Preorder now, play up to 7 days' since someone actually got to play up to 7 days. It's just probably written in so many places that they didn't want to give conflicting info in case they missed one, so they didn't change it.

I think it's a great way to get more people to buy the game, after all this is an mmo and we'll be playing it for years what happens in the first week is insignificant as long as you buy it and it's smooth when you start playing it.

You obviously haven't heard of "marketing strategy" if you think that a company can delude others into buying a product without factual clarification on how many days it could take before the product arrives. In this situation a company can say "it will take up to -x amount of days-", however saying that if you pre-order Star Wars today you can get up to 5 days Early Access is a lie, for you will NOT get up to 5 days, you will get up to 3 days if you're lucky. This is a fact and is probably still fooling people into pre-ordering the game as we speak.

Until tomorrow evening, the sentence is correct.

On Friday the 16th if you're are not in by preordering today, you can start to worry. :rolleyes:

Pretty much. People need to be patient and see how things play out instead of screaming about how they are only going to get one day and how it is unfair.

Hmm..in the post I quoted first, you said 30k per day...now it's per wave.

I'd gladly give you a number. Problem is...I don't have one, and if you want to be taken seriously, you will admit, that you don't either. THAT is the whole problem. We DON'T KNOW how many invites are there per day and how they distribute the numbers.

So, unless you have rock-hard FACTS, I suggest you stop spurting out some numbers which we have no basis on.

Riight. :rolleyes:

Let me put it this way to you: I wouldn't post a number unless I had factual proof to back it up. Only problem for you is I am not enforced to prove that to you, for you have all the tools you need to go find out for yourself. That said, you're the one who should not be 'spurting' anything before knowing what we're talking about. ;)

Edited by Sarah_Kerrigan