take the ******** off the front page

Puppets

Riight. :rolleyes:

Let me put it this way to you: I wouldn't post a number unless I had factual proof to back it up. Only problem for you is I am not enforced to prove that to you, for you have all the tools to go find out for yourself. That said, you're the one who should not be 'spurting' anything before knowing what we're talking about. ;)

Hehe, nice try, but I didn't start throwing numbers around. :)

And yes, I know of course that everything on the net has to be true.

Always.

Without a fraction of doubt.

So, I challenge you again, to backup your numbercrunching with facts or solid sources. Until them, have a nice day. :)

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

30.000 invites per wave doesn't add up with the millions of pre-orders who've been promised Early Access.

BioWare will be forced to invite as many players as they possibly can on the last days of Early Access.

As history of most Launches (And this is a launch, even Stephen Reid called it a launch) show most everything gets laid out during the last few hours, basically crunch time. I'm sure they'll have an insane amount of invites sent out on the 19th. How the Devs handle this will solidify the player base from here on out, it'll set the personality of the Devs and just who bothers to buy the game on a normal basis.

I can tell you this for sure, I know that I myself have a pre-order, my submit date is late as hell and I don't blame or expect anything but I do know that I'm coming from other low populated games with many friends who're debating atm if this is any good or who are searching for a new more active game. If this launch is cancerous most people will not buy the game if they see everyone flooding back to their old games.

I do sort of want to make a list of everyone who's been rubbing their nose between the Dev's cheeks and post it a month or so down the road, see just how many people flip their opinions or don't end up subscribing.

how are people still complaining?!

UP TO 5 DAYS

and such a thing is impossible to be proven wrong

the moment ONE person is playing 5 days or more early, they have kept their promise

the ad on the front page is correct

pre order and play UP TO 5 days

Logic is not your strong side, is it?

We've proven BioWare wrong, that is a fact.

If you order today, you will not get up to 5 days of Early Access.

If you ordered 4 months ago, you will.

A customer who purchase the pre-order today did not purchase the pre-order 4 months ago => (SPOILER) he purchased the product today. :rolleyes:

As I said earlier, the taste of developer-feet can be deceiving.

Hehe, nice try, but I didn't start throwing numbers around. :)

And yes, I know of course that everything on the net has to be true.

Always.

Without a fraction of doubt.

So, I challenge you again, to backup your numbercrunching with facts or solid sources. Until them, have a nice day. :)

Neither did I. :)

I will turn down this "challenge" for you have all the tools you need to find out for yourself. This is your problem, not mine.

Have a nice day, bye bye! ;)

Lol go check stephen rieds twitter. mutiple players asked how long they would get if they preordered in december. His reply " Atleast a Day" thats very reassuring when the main selling point is Early access

For some reason I don't trust a single word of that. Same reason I didnt trust them when they said there were gonna be high level servers during beta. Instead, they just ninja announced another damn beta weekend and everybody forgot about endgame testing.

EDIT: They also said they would update timelines for release. Did that happen? No.

Pretty sure they also promised all loads of crap but they didn't come through on that either.

Edited by Ergonaut

Lol go check stephen rieds twitter. mutiple players asked how long they would get if they preordered in december. His reply " Atleast a Day" thats very reassuring when the main selling point is Early access

No, my main selling point to pre-ordering was to have the game on launch day. Just like it is with any other game.

Considering they knew about the staggered release and the massive amount of preorders, they should indeed take it off the front page. At this point in time (and for several months) it's been very close to what's regarded as false advertising.

Yes, it does say "you may play up to", and people should've understood that, but it still gives them a bad image as to how they have handled it.

Neither did I. :)

I will turn down this "challenge" for you have all the tools you need to find out for yourself. This is your problem, not mine.

Have a nice day, bye bye! ;)

Well then, first let me say that we have to agree to disagree.

Secondly I'm sorry that you are not willing or able to backup your claims of 30.000 invites per wave (or day, whatever you think feels right at the moment). Yes, that was a number that you threw in here. Unfortunately I can not take you serious anymore but regardless I wish you a happy, long and fruitful life. And may god have mercy on your soul.

Considering they knew about the staggered release and the massive amount of preorders, they should indeed take it off the front page. At this point in time (and for several months) it's been very close to what's regarded as false advertising.

Yes, it does say "you may play up to", and people should've understood that, but it still gives them a bad image as to how they have handled it.

Who talks like that in real life, be honest xD

You can smoke these cigarettes up to 19 times a day! Well, duh. That's how many cigarettes there are in a package.

For some reason I don't trust a single word of that. Same reason I didnt trust them when they said there were gonna be high level servers during beta. Instead, they just ninja announced another damn beta weekend and everybody forgot about endgame testing.

EDIT: They also said they would update timelines for release. Did that happen? No.

Pretty sure they also promised all loads of crap but they didn't come through on that either.

Yea i meant it was reassuring in a sarcastic way, im completely dissapointed in this staggered garbage and lack of information. Lack of information really messes with your customers heads. I worked in tech support and thats the main thing customers wanted, valid information and possible time frames

Well then, first let me say that we have to agree to disagree.

Secondly I'm sorry that you are not willing or able to backup your claims of 30.000 invites per wave (or day, whatever you think feels right at the moment). Yes, that was a number that you threw in here. Unfortunately I can not take you serious anymore but regardless I wish you a happy, long and fruitful life. And may god have mercy on your soul.

Bye bye! :rolleyes:

No, my main selling point to pre-ordering was to have the game on launch day. Just like it is with any other game.

This is why you will never be a good salesman lol. And again you misread, I said Biowares main selling point for preorders is early access. Otherwise people would just purchase and download or pickup on the 20th. Use some sense man before replying please unless you yourself are speaking on biowares markting team's behalf lol

So if they decide to open the floodgates and let everyone who is left in the game, where goes your argument?

They won't listen.

People are assuming the plan is to stagger it over 7 days, when the plan might be 3. They will just run around, head aflame and scream rage until they are in.

They cant even mention 15th if they know they can`t deliver. It`s about being honest with those willing to pay them.

But we dont know what they will do!

Who knows, maybe all the preorders will have the EGA tomorrow?! It's possible. Not saying it will be the case, but it's possible.

They won't listen.

People are assuming the plan is to stagger it over 7 days, when the plan might be 3. They will just run around, head aflame and scream rage until they are in.

No.

The plan behind staggering Early Access is to "assure that everyone gets a smooth launch"

This WILL be ********.

BioWare will be forced to invite hundreds of thousands of players on the last few days of Early Access to assure that everyone gets their Early Access, and when this happens, it won't matter at all, for everyone will be stuck in the starter area for two days because of this decision.

But we dont know what they will do!

Who knows, maybe all the preorders will have the EGA tomorrow?! It's possible. Not saying it will be the case, but it's possible.

Oh dear common sense. Who let this weirdo out of his cell?

We can't have this here, move along. ;)

No.

The plan behind staggering Early Access is to "assure that everyone gets a smooth launch"

This WILL be ********.

BioWare will be forced to invite hundreds of thousands of players on the last few days of Early Access to assure that everyone gets their Early Access, and when this happens, it won't matter at all, for everyone will be stuck in the starter area for two days because of this decision.

Exactly, and then everyone who got in before the 15th is having all the fun on level 50 booking progress.

LOL read the question... The person asked "@Rockjaw If someone walks into GAME and buys SWTOR on 15th, won't they be really annoyed to find out they can't play till 20th?"

and his response was.. "@snatat123 You'll still get Early Game Access; at least a day."

So he is talking about people who are still pre-ordering right now.. not people who pre-ordered before EGA started x.x...

how are people still complaining?!

UP TO 5 DAYS

and such a thing is impossible to be proven wrong

the moment ONE person is playing 5 days or more early, they have kept their promise

the ad on the front page is correct

pre order and play UP TO 5 days

actually, if by the end of the 15th if nobody who has put in their code on december has gotten in, it's proven wrong. they should have said at least one day.

Edited by zeroburrito

No.

This WILL be ********.

I guess you missed stressed test when they staggered it over 2 days and it went pretty well...

Who says the game has to be staggered over 7 days to be smooth? Who said it was being staggered over 7 days? Are you reading those graphs that have inaccurate numbers?