take the ******** off the front page

Puppets

UNLESS BioWare says "screw this smooth launch ****, let's invite everyone else and have them fight each other to death in the start-areas"

:D

Not sure if people missed this when they beta tested or just didn't get to test but, Planets are broken up into phases which you can join.

Not sure on the exact numbers here but

For example Say Korriban has 500 total players

each phase holds 100 players

a new phase becomes available when a phase hits 65 players

So just easy numbers here

500 total

Korriban 1 = 79

Korriban 2 = 79

Korriban 3 = 79

Korriban 4 = 79

Korriban 5 = 79

Korriban 6 = 79

Korriban 7 = 26

Yeah I know it wont even out like that but, if you are having an issue with to many players in your phase just switch to another phase. I would recommend always selecting the highest number phase. Worked well in beta. Not to worried about over crowding.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You kinda miss the whole point, which is sad, especially as you try to justify a company that is purely there to make money.

Noooooo. I didn't miss anything. If you feel I missed something, go into greater detail, back up your argument with a bit more supporting evidence, and we'll see what we think about it. Just don't reply with "Nope, you didn't get the big picture", and not explain yourself further.

And what's wrong with a company wanting to make money? Every company wants to make money. I don't know of a single company that starts off their business model with "Ok guys, our sole goal is to pump out tons of product and never see a dime for any of it. Now please invest millions so we can just throw it all away!"

Noooooo. I didn't miss anything. If you feel I missed something, go into greater detail, back up your argument with a bit more supporting evidence, and we'll see what we think about it. Just don't reply with "Nope, you didn't get the big picture", and not explain yourself further.

And what's wrong with a company wanting to make money? Every company wants to make money. I don't know of a single company that starts off their business model with "Ok guys, our sole goal is to pump out tons of product and never see a dime for any of it. Now please invest millions so we can just throw it all away!"

Oh, but that is NOT the problem. Their whole business idea is fine, in my opinion. It's the way they keep the customers in the dark, just waiting without knowing WHEN it comes.

EDIT: So, it's not exactly that they MAKE profits, it's HOW they do it. Treating the average consumer like crap.

EDIT: Need proper evidence? Just look at how Stephen Reid answers questions on twitter. The most asked questions (thus already known answers) he answers, and the rest is just "Oh, I don't know. I'll let you know when we know so you know that we know that you're out there."

EDIT: Oh, and dont come back with something like "Well, things go wrong and they need fixed and that takes time." Why? Early access is something they planned. A long time. Yet they refuse to put out any info that helps us in this situation.

Edited by Ergonaut

Oh, but that is NOT the problem. Their whole business idea is fine, in my opinion. It's the way they keep the customers in the dark, just waiting without knowing WHEN it comes.

Every MMO company is like that, to some degree or another. If you aren't used to standard practices of "it will release when it's done" type statements, then you are kinda new to the whole scene.

They don't need to give any more information than they already have. I personally feel like that are giving more than enough info, that it's first come first serve.

Ever gone into a department store and wanted to buy something the very second it has come out, and the department store runs out because a bunch of people got there before you to buy it as well, and when you ask them "well, when will you get more?" and they say "not sure, check back often, sorry for the short supply", yeah, it's ok to feel bummed out, because you are missing out on the shiny. BW is controlling all the supply, because they can. They have created this product, and they can do anything they want with it. They could cancel the entire thing on the 21st and tell the world to go jump off a cliff if they wanted to, because they can, because anyone could.

What I'm kinda noticing is that people are getting bent out of shape because they don't get to click their jedi buttons as early as they thought they would. And that's fine to feel bummed out, but when you start making claims of false advertising and other crap like that, the rest of the world, who has seen this type of thing play out time after time, for years, and have learned it from their parents and grandparents who have seen this type of thing play out time after time, for years, as well...there is little sympathy to go around.

I'm in the worst boat, I pre-ordered and registered ridiculously late, but I'm not some entitled spoiled brat that thinks I should get to jump the line. I'm hoping for the best, but I'm expecting the worst. But I'm not dumb enough to think that I'm entitled to anything at all.

Maybe we just have different mindsets, and I sorta guess that's ok. Just keep in mind that reality and expectations can, and often times do, differ. And that's ok too, it just means you get to learn a harder lesson than others.

Every MMO company is like that, to some degree or another. If you aren't used to standard practices of "it will release when it's done" type statements, then you are kinda new to the whole scene.

They don't need to give any more information than they already have. I personally feel like that are giving more than enough info, that it's first come first serve.

Ever gone into a department store and wanted to buy something the very second it has come out, and the department store runs out because a bunch of people got there before you to buy it as well, and when you ask them "well, when will you get more?" and they say "not sure, check back often, sorry for the short supply", yeah, it's ok to feel bummed out, because you are missing out on the shiny. BW is controlling all the supply, because they can. They have created this product, and they can do anything they want with it. They could cancel the entire thing on the 21st and tell the world to go jump off a cliff if they wanted to, because they can, because anyone could.

What I'm kinda noticing is that people are getting bent out of shape because they don't get to click their jedi buttons as early as they thought they would. And that's fine to feel bummed out, but when you start making claims of false advertising and other crap like that, the rest of the world, who has seen this type of thing play out time after time, for years, and have learned it from their parents and grandparents who have seen this type of thing play out time after time, for years, as well...there is little sympathy to go around.

I'm in the worst boat, I pre-ordered and registered ridiculously late, but I'm not some entitled spoiled brat that thinks I should get to jump the line. I'm hoping for the best, but I'm expecting the worst. But I'm not dumb enough to think that I'm entitled to anything at all.

Maybe we just have different mindsets, and I sorta guess that's ok. Just keep in mind that reality and expectations can, and often times do, differ. And that's ok too, it just means you get to learn a harder lesson than others.

Since when is walking into a store and not getting what you wanted and NOT BEING ABLE TO ACCESS OR GET ANY INFORMATION FOR SOMETHING YOU ALREADY PAID FOR THE SAME?

Oh, and I was ridiculously late with preordering too. I don't mind waiting.

My problem is I'm waiting for god knows how long, while at the same time being kept in the dark by the very same guys that make me wait without an explanation. (I know that it's first come first serve, but damn... They could've ATLEAST given us a rough draft of which preorder dates get in on which day)

Just saying, they ****ed up this situation by not communicating with their customers properly, 'nuff said.

Edited by Ergonaut

My problem is I'm waiting for god knows how long, while at the same time being kept in the dark by the very same guys that make me wait without an explanation.

Just saying, they ****ed up this situation by not communicating with their customers properly, 'nuff said.

Sorry you feel this way, I disagree. See you in game at least by the 19th.

Ok , Bioware ****ed us all. What I don't get is why you are spending so much time being an uncle tom about it.

Ok , Bioware ****ed us all. What I don't get is why you are spending so much time being an uncle tom about it.

I'm not being an Uncle Tom, far from it. I don't like the situation any more than everyone else. Let me make this perfectly clear, I want in yesterday. However, I have more realistic expectations out of this scenario than obviously others do. And I'm voicing myself just as they are.

Nobody has to like this situation. People do need to understand it though.

My problem is I'm waiting for god knows how long, while at the same time being kept in the dark by the very same guys that make me wait without an explanation. (I know that it's first come first serve, but damn... They could've ATLEAST given us a rough draft of which preorder dates get in on which day)

Thats your op, and heres mine..

Stupid is what stupid does, Nuff said!

I'm not being an Uncle Tom, far from it. I don't like the situation any more than everyone else. Let me make this perfectly clear, I want in yesterday. However, I have more realistic expectations out of this scenario than obviously others do. And I'm voicing myself just as they are.

Nobody has to like this situation. People do need to understand it though.

We understand that Bioware ****ed up, they ****ed up bad and they aren't saying or doing anything about it. No one is confused about this.

Edited by Stantz

We understand that Bioware ****ed up, they ****ed up bad and they aren't saying or doing anything about it. They still have the ******** advertisement on the front page.

Are there still more than 5 days available for EGA?

Why are you still posting this stuff today?