BioWare Announced Low Level Players Are Not Welcome in Warzones

Cempa

After leveling my main to 50 and nearing Valor 60 I decided to start an alt and try a new story. Well as some one who enjoys PvP I though I'd give it a try...Bad idea.

The game is filled with 50's and pre mades all in Valor +50 gear.

No chance what so ever to do anything as my low level toon dies any time one of those +400 Valor looks at him.

BioWare when will separate 50's because right now, its pure hell and I will not play another class until you fix this!

That's funny. My level 17 Juggernaut and 22 Powertech both manage to get 150-200k damage in a game and complete many objectives.

Try harder?

That's funny. I could kill your 17 Juggernaut and 22 Powertech at the same time, without using a single cooldown and with 100% HP remaining. I could then capture the objective you were defending, and all of this before there's any time for backup to arrive and stop me.

That's funny. My level 17 Juggernaut and 22 Powertech both manage to get 150-200k damage in a game and complete many objectives.

Try harder?

troll face is troll... you must not play pvp much, considering a HUGE majority of the PvP community agrees with the OP

troll face is troll... you must not play pvp much, considering a HUGE majority of the PvP community agrees with the OP

Yes you're right, the majority says something so it must be true.

Follow more people, sheep.

I definitely wasn't trolling, it's a true fact that while it may be harder to kill level 50's, it's definitely not impossible and isn't something that is gamebreaking.

That's my opinion, you're entitled to yours. Even if yours is silly.

How old are you? There's already like 100 threads out there about the exact same thing. I understand you wanna fit in and stuff cause you were probably bullied in school. But please stop making spam threads for the sake of spamming. Nobody thinks you're cool, ok? ;)

Yes you're right, the majority says something so it must be true.

Follow more people, sheep.

I definitely wasn't trolling, it's a true fact that while it may be harder to kill level 50's, it's definitely not impossible and isn't something that is gamebreaking.

That's my opinion, you're entitled to yours. Even if yours is silly.

lol i never said it was true, and who is to say ur opinion is "true" the fact of the matter is Bioware is a company and if a major part of the community wants something to change, it needs to change and u sir are a troll... he posted something, you IMMEDIATLY replied telling him he sucks and to L2P because you are god and have no problems cause ur leet(not exactly what you said but it was sure implied)

GL getting a queue to pop if they were to separate 50's right NOW.

Give it a week or 2 more.

EDIT: Oh, and for the record, reasonable queue times are vastly more important than what you deem balance. Before you tools pull the 'that's your opinion lol' card, I can tell you it's not. It's fact. QQ about minor balance issues > QQ about queue times.

Hint: balance is fine atm. The only thing that causes any sort of difference outside of skill is gear, and only in EXTREME CASES like a 50 vs a 20 or below.

Edited by Aurinax

Personally, I really enjoy how they use bolster to really even out the game fields between low and high level players. Do the 50's all decked out in PvP gear have an advantage? Hell yes they do, and for the most part, they WILL steam roll a lower leveled/geared player.

That said, the first 5 games I played with my Sniper, which I started as soon as I hit the space station at level 10, I topped the charts in kills, damage, and objective points. The next few games after that were played late at night, and I started encountering all those level 50 PvP geared guys, and I got steamrolled. I still topped the damage and kills for my team, however. Sadly, only killing 3 people the entire match isn't something to brag about. But it does go to show the level 50 with their gear, if there's enough of them, will make a HUGE impact in a game.

Level 1-49 bracket, and a level 50 bracket. I think that'd make a huge improvement to the system.

1-49

Brackets

Fixed it for you Bioware it is that hard?

Might want to fix your brackets because 1-9 can't do Warzones =)

As for level 50's it's true for the most part. Ideally you don't want to be attacking or capping anything in Warzones alone. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the bolster system doesn't apply to stats so those with higher Expertise are no doubt more viable. I did Warzones most of last night and I'm not even 15 yet. I didn't expect to win as much as I was just trying to get a grasp of this PvP concept.

Occasionally I felt very useful and productive but for the most part I was fodder for the other team. Doing Warzones at a low level isn't ideal but that's to be expected when higher level characters have more abilities, stats, and skill points. If you expect to be in the top 5 of your faction 90% of the time then you should level before you do Warzones. I also read on another forum that the classes are balanced at 50.

BioWare had their hearts in the right place when they designed the bolster system. Is it perfect? No, but a system like bolster can't be perfected in beta. It takes real application on a much larger scale to be able to perfect mechanics like this.

Edited by Oawe

It's true, you can reach the very apex of damage dealing charts as a low level, and a 150k-200k damage dealt range often nets you a win.

Hower you crank that up by taking potshots all the time from range and just focusing on the dps race the whole match. You're not exactly productive. If you want to take/hold a node and have to go toe to to with a pvp gear decked out 50 you're pritty much toast. Which makes sense. But it's not allways conductive of good/fun gameplay.

When ratios are problematic it can be practically impossible to fire decned out defenders down at a pace so that you get 8sec to plant the bomb in voidstar for instance.

lol i never said it was true, and who is to say ur opinion is "true" the fact of the matter is Bioware is a company and if a major part of the community wants something to change, it needs to change and u sir are a troll... he posted something, you IMMEDIATLY replied telling him he sucks and to L2P because you are god and have no problems cause ur leet(not exactly what you said but it was sure implied)

I didn't say he sucked and I didn't tell him to L2P. You know I didn't say these things because you even said that it's not exactly what I said. I was simply stating that it's possible to do well as a lower level with level 50's in the game. If you misread that as some kind of crazed attack on the OP then... I'm sorry?

There's not any trolling going on. It's my opinion that low levels are fine and if you try hard (what I said in my post), you can do well.

I'm an average player. I keyboard turn and click my abilities. My computer is slloooww. Healed 80K with a lvl 13 sawbones yesterday, best in BG? No, but second best and that's something. many kills, few deaths, enough medals to make it well worthwhile and my actions helped the team complete objectives.

These people who complain about pvp being hopeless because of no brackets, bolster is useless, etc. etc. must work for Blizzard or have never played this game before or.... get ready for it.... maybe you suck. You must be an entirely useless player if you are not completely lying through your fingers. Who are you trying to convince? You think the devs don't know you're full of crap? I guarantee you Dallas Dickinson knows he can roll a new toon right now, wipe the floor with you for hours this evening and still get to bed at a reasonable gamer hour, whatever lvl/class you are right now. Stop lying or get better.

I'm level 30 and have almost 20 valor by now. I've been doing a lot of WZ at low levels.

Yes, it's true, on some games as a Jugg I managed to hit a lot of achievements versus teams that had 50s... however to say that those were -geared- and -organised- 50s is a long shot.

Whenever I faced a solid premade of geared 50s, I could tell, because it was a whole other "ball game" even if I was surrounded by pug 50s. I've seen 50s I could pretty much take to half-health easy ... and 50s that I just can't seem to hurt.

I don't think people lie when they say they manage to get good scores with low levels toons versus high level toons, but I think they're also not taking into consideration that some 50s just aren't good or geared (yet)

Thread: BioWare Announced Low Level Players Are Not Welcome in Warzones

I have yet to see anything remotle close to this... I saw something about a future patch here soon that is going to address the pvp issues and about lv.10-50 warzones, but nothing about BW actually directly publishing negative and derogitory commits about it's paying customers.